Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
bravo1102 at 5:08AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
He was kicked out of class because he was a very disruptive student. So much so that another in the class always seated herself by the door so she could get out easily in case he got violent.

I'd like to see his high school records and if he was as disruptive there and whether the system ever evaluated him. Of course these records are sealed if not destroyed upon graduation so we'll never know if he did have a paper trail. What about his altar? His communications and maybe obsession with this particular Congressperson. He's fitting the classic mould of the political assassin. Too bad we no longer hang political assassins. Maybe the garrote like Spain used on theirs or the very primitive methods used by Imperial Russia to hang/strangle their assassins. The Soviets were positively humane using a single bullet to the back of the head. (I can't claim credit for that it's paraphrased remarks of a noted historian on Russia whose book on Rebellion/Revolution in Russia from 1842-1917 I just finished reading)

I hate it when someone shows up in a dream, is totally out of place and messes everything up. The person who had turned up last week with the enigmatic statements popped in and just took the dream over. It was my dream and suddenly it devolved into hers. If I was of the mind I'd think she was doing it on purpose as opposed to my subconscious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Genejoke at 6:28AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
computer is back and seems fine. seems to be performing better too. Just need to catch up on updating comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
elektro at 9:04AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
Has anyone heard about what Heavy Ink (a comic's retailer) president Travis Corcoran said about the whole shooting in Arizona? If not, read this first before you continue:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/01/10/heavy-ink-arizona-shooting-corcoran/

Done reading? Okay, now read below for my thoughts on this:

Warning: Very strong language ahead]Travis Corcoran, you are a useless, piece of shit, waste of air with your head up your fucking ass! Congratulations on committing career suicide with your dumb-ass statement! By the way, if you love the fucking Constitution so goddamn much that you cite the First Amendment, then why would you advocate the murder of the people who are elected under and are supposed to uphold it, you stupid twat?!

Say what you will about politicians, but none of them deserve to get shot. No one deserves to be in the middle of a scene like that, especially a crowd like that grocery store.

Again, Travis Corcoran, go fuck yourself, you stupid cocksucker! I hope your business fails and you end up having to eat out of medical waste garbage cans, asshole!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Skullbie at 9:15AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
elektro
Has anyone heard about what Heavy Ink (a comic's retailer) president Travis Corcoran said about the whole shooting in Arizona? If not, read this first before you continue:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/01/10/heavy-ink-arizona-shooting-corcoran/

Done reading? Okay, now read below for my thoughts on this:

Ugh another skid mark on the underpants of society. I'd never even heard of the guy til' now but lets hope his sales plummet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Genejoke at 9:39AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
You mean executing people who disagree with you is wrong? Damn.

Dunno much bout it, but if it's just an flippant comment then I don't have huge problem. I men I'm sure ll of us have said something similar bout people without giving thought to what we were saying. However going on record and making such a statement… uh NO!.
Ozoneocean at 12:58PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
That comic guy just shot himself in the balls…

—————————-

Look at my latest NEWSPOST!
I put a lot of work into that. At least half an hour. It's got links and pics and everything!
It's almost as good as a Skoolmunkee post! (not quite, but it's getting there)

Plus, we did our first interview last week with the Queen of Charby the Vampirate and the kind of Cwen's quest. Man was I nervous in the lead up to that taping! Preparation for doing an interview that's going to be listened to is intimidating. :(

but it turned out ok. At 3 glasses of wine my teeth start to go numb though so my brain doesn't function the best. I really should've stopped at two. And my laugh is REALLY fricken irritating o that interview. I can't wait for part two where we get to hear more of nick and Amy talk, more smart questions from Skool and less of shit from myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
KomradeDave at 1:35PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
That AZ shooting is some nutty stuff, but this sort of thing tends to be. ‘AZ Shooter jerkoff’ seems to be one of those fellows that all the signs of a nutter, but didn't anything bad enough to lock him away until the day he went big. I'm sure ‘Heavy Ink jerkoff’ was just trying to be humorous, but it comes off real douchebaggy. The ‘We Picket Funerals Because We’re Dickbags jerkoffs' aren't helping matters either.

dashdashdash

Eraserhead is fantastic

dashdashdash

Politics is really annoying me lately. I have my opinions, everyone else has theirs, but is it really necessary or sane to blame one man for everything that goes wrong? It seems like politics are invading everything. I got a homily at church two weeks ago that dealt with abortion, illegal immigration, and a global conspiracy. It was more like a Tom Clancy novel than church should ever be. Is there anyone left in the world that believes fixing problems is better than bitching? Is there anyone left that believes you should do you damned job, and be INCREDIBLY grateful that you even had one, instead of complaining about how much better you should have it?

Now to let that particular fire die down: I was in awful classes all day, so getting home was awesome. I got a chicken roasting now. I have some booze in my coffee. I already finished a couple of pages illustration for a book I'm doing for my girls. Feeling pretty good right now.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Genejoke at 1:40PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
Someone
Is there anyone left in the world that believes fixing problems is better than bitching? Is there anyone left that believes you should do you damned job, and be INCREDIBLY grateful that you even had one, instead of complaining about how much better you should have it?

I think the problem is people don't know how to fix things so just bitch instead.
KomradeDave at 1:44PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
People aren't willing to try anymore. It's way easier to point finger than to even come up with the idea for a solution, let alone put it into action.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Genejoke at 2:07PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
Also things are very hard to change now, voting makes little or no difference, changes forced on us are dressed up as the common good well enough that acting against them makes people look like an ass.
There needs to be a drastic upheaval but that would be uncomfortable for most people so it won't happen.
ayesinback at 2:29PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
Genejoke
Also things are very hard to change now, voting makes little or no difference, changes forced on us are dressed up as the common good well enough that acting against them makes people look like an ass.
There needs to be a drastic upheaval but that would be uncomfortable for most people so it won't happen.
I really disliked reading this because I want to argue against it and I can't.

I'm not sure if it's phase of the moon, or odd day v. even day, but I go between “people are lazy” and “people are scared” when trying to puzzle out that discomfort thing. I also wonder about moral compass. There's so much “THEY got away with it, why can't I?”

But I don't think change can come about when the perspective is on the “masses” level. It always comes down to the individual.

I work for a nonprofit, and the staff's hands are tied eighty different ways. Me — I ignore it. If it isn't wrong, if there's no rule against it, but odds are good that it'll improve a situation, I'll do it or advocate for it, even if it goes against tradition, embarrasses someone, whatever. I was the first “test case” for less-than-40-hrs/wk-but-still-fulltime and one of the first for work-from-home, and now dozens of other employees also benefit from those arrangements.

But if I sat back and waited, I'd still be waiting. So what's everybody waiting for. Lazy? Scared? I dunno
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
seventy2 at 3:20PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
I'm not sure if it's phase of the moon, or odd day v. even day, but I go between “people are lazy” and “people are scared” when trying to puzzle out that discomfort thing. I also wonder about moral compass. There's so much “THEY got away with it, why can't I?”

people are lazy, hypocritical and follow their leadership.
I don't know how many times, i've sat around with people, listened to their complaints, gripes, ideas for solutions, and tried to implement those. then all of a sudden “WHOA! what are you doing? this is the way it's always been done./you don't have enough rank, you can't just go to someone with enough rank to get it done, it's improper/that's too much work”

i've gotten in a lot of trouble. but someday when i do make the rank to ignore people with rank…things will change

i'm pretty sure it's similar to how that is outside the military too.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:38PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
I HAVE FINISHED INKS!

All 38 pages are now inked and ready to be colored. Which starts TOMORROW!

I think those pages (plus two more) will be the “second season” of Carnivore Carnival. The third season, if it happens, will probably be b/w cause I'll be trying to work on something larger at that time.

I've been totally into the Dungeon books recently and I'm thinking it'd be good to develop a similar loose cartoony doodly messy style for some projects, this way I could work on two things at once.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Skullbie at 3:42PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
I went into this taxidermy shop today and bought my cat a coyote tail. She loves it, i don't think i've ever seen her play with a toy so much. She's flicking it around and trying to make it pay for existing, so cute!

But me and mom had an awesome day out today.

Also i saw the headline “muslim batman” and laughed, then opened to see it looked really cool. I guess it's really called nightrunner but i like the designs:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/12/Batman-Annual-Nightrunner.jpg
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:03PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
I don't care and haven't cared about the whole Arizona thing.

AND my computer's video card crapped out so this is my first time on in a while and if not for the snow day I have tomorrow I'd be so screwed at handing in my essay.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
A Reaver at 5:14PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
Ive been 20 for an hour and 14 minutes.
A salesman broke into my house trying to sell me insurence.
I want to be a teenager again!

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
seventy2 at 5:56PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
i've been 20 for almost 5 years. i want a mix of what i have now, and the freedom i had as a teenager…
facara
bravo1102 at 1:58AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
A long time ago someone said “Everyone complains about the weather but no one ever does anything about it.”

In his own sarcastic manner he was really talking about politics. He's still right and we just have to keep that in mind. If you took an editorial a century old and reprinted it with changed names no one could tell the difference except maybe for the more elegant and expressive writing style of 100 years ago. The prblems remain the same, the complaints remain the same, even the personalities remain the same, but with different names.

Do not think that everything is the same. It is most assuredly not, but politics and government has a quality that deep down doesn't change no matter how much the times change because politicians don't change. Everything that Cicero or Edmund Burke or Winston Churchill said about politics is just as true today as it was in their own times.

So don't worry so much. We've made it this far with this awful system we'll muddle through for a few more centuries and it'll still be here and people will still be complaining about the same things when we are dead and gone.

You really want to change things? Change our species. Change fundamentally the thought process of the human. Have an Enlightenment or Renaissance. That and the Spiritual Awakening of December 21, AD2012. (postponed from December 24 AD2011 due to calendar scheduling conflicts)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Genejoke at 3:08AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
My car battery died last week, a side effect of my wife leaving the lights on. the person who was kind enough to use jump leads to get it started had to stop in a bus stop to attach them has now received a £75 fine for parking in a bus stop even though the cctv image clearly shows us using the jump leads. I have offered to pay it if the fine isn't overturned, but I think that is bloody disgusting when it is so obvious what is going on.
Skullbie at 5:44AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
Oh i forgot to write about the naysayer i saw yesterday! One of those ‘the end is nigh’ sign holders on the street corner. He had the whole ‘i’m insane' look down pat.

Actually now that i think about it he looked overly ridiculous with the ugly brown trenchcoat and ‘i’m dirty and don't take showers' beard…maybe he's working on for show “what would you do?”
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:48AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
I got my little MS Paint community project started today. It involoves Mett, Shirk, KomradeDave, and I. You should…

READ IT!!!

But otherwise the video card in my computer now makes it look all fat and stuff.
seventy2 at 12:54PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
i'm listening to the quack cast 11. it's the first time i've listened to it.

During the voice contest, i didn't pick out Oz's voice… (never submitted) because i didn't hear one that i imagined he would sound like. i still don't think that's you talking about the tainted….
facara
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:53PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
I'm feeling all suicidal now and it's not nice. And I don't want it to stay.

In other words my day absolutely sucked and things don't look good right now for me.

Fuck.
Genejoke at 4:12PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
I'm feeling all suicidal now and it's not nice. And I don't want it to stay.

In other words my day absolutely sucked and things don't look good right now for me.

Fuck.

Depression?

Seriously things can and will get better. Really easy to say not so easy to feel. I had some bleak times in the past and for a short time I was near suicide… well I thought I was but looking back I wasn't. In fact looking back, at that time I was a pathetic specimen, I had so much going for me and all I could see was the few things that sucked.

If it sucks and you can do something about it, do it. If you can't don't worry about it and move on. If you need to but don't know how to ask for help.
A Reaver at 7:09PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
I'm feeling all suicidal now

Seriously? Thats dumb. Lifes not as hard as you think.
Man up and kick life in the balls.

Shiny new comic.
Salsa at 7:34PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
All I'm going to say about the shootings is that it sucks for those families. My heart and my prayers got out to them and I hope that the person responsible for it realizes what he's done. That, and that WBC needs to get over themselves and start acting like Christians should (yes I realize that could be said about a lot of churches)

Anyway….

——
wildebeest eating tofu
——

Physics is looking like it's going to be a pretty cool class.

Here's hoping that my three classes tomorrow are pretty cool I have Graphic Design at 9:00 am 0_0

=====
wildebeest cannibals
=====

Okay on to happier and cooler things!

I want you, yes you, to join the modest, but awesome, army of mafia players! We have plenty of room and crazy things are guaranteed to happen. So sign on up! Solve Clues! Elect somebody that'll let you shoot people…

AND BREAK THEIR STUFF!

And that's not all! Join now and receive these awesome incentives!
-Be the first to send in a vote or action and get a drawing of anything you want! must be sfw

-request how you die or kill stuff!
must be somewhat sfw

-Your very own Genuine Imitation Imaginary Rifle
Genuine Imitation Imaginary bullets not included, void where prohibited

So what are you waiting for! Sign on up! Get a shot to kill stuff!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
A Reaver at 7:39PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
Salsa
Here's hoping that my three classes tomorrow are pretty cool I have Graphic Design at 9:00 am 0_0

Prepare to be surprised.

Shiny new comic.
ayesinback at 5:19AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
first flu case of the season?

I got hit Tues night, 12 to 6, with horrible stuff (color and texture galore, or just gore). Then all of yesterday and still now it feels like someone took a baseball bat and went to town on every joint. I'm almost glad I have the fever so things are a little blurry.

And Once Again, I have no clue where I picked it up from. My idea of heaven is that when I get there, I can ask, “where did I get this?” and they'll run a video and say, see in the airport, that little old man who used the phone just before you did. . ."
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
seventy2 at 10:17AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
i'm thinking about restarting ninja wedding. maybe put a little more work into it. the art would be better, i could have a slightly better story line….and be narcissistic again!
—–

firstly i need to find my empty drawing pad…

———-

scanners broken…
facara
Ozoneocean at 11:16AM, Jan. 14, 2011
(online)
Soooo sloooowww…

Sooo maaaany, moooosquiiitooos heeeerrreee…

sloooooooooowww…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon