Comic Talk and General Discussion *

SITE ISSUES UPDATE - Data retained and restored, but no images. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Kagaenod at 1:47PM, April 4, 2011
(online)
I am a little upset. I can't change my user profile image, even to reinstate it to it's original image. I can't edit my comic thumbnails, and I can't seem to edit my comic. I try editing the pictures but it keeps on bringing me to the home page. My comic and user profile was created after January 13th, so I'm pretty sure that is the problem, but still, I would very much appreciate if there is anything that can be done to fix this that it can be done. I've obviously tried to fix it myself but nothing seems to work. I've done everything sort of adding new images, which I am hesitant to do.

My comics are Supercosmic and David and the Dark

Sincerely,
Kagaenod
Check out David and the Dark and Supercosmic!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
JustNoPoint at 3:02PM, April 4, 2011
(online)
I believe any comic that did not have a thumbnail uploaded automatically had a thumbnail created from a page in the comic. So all pages auto created by the old server are now dead.

skoolmunkee
I'm missing thumbnails too.

If I remember correctly, when we had the server migration on the 13th, some images/comics were affected and part of that was knocking out their thumbnails. I wish I could remember what the specific issue was… but I definitely remember having to remake some thumbnails and re-upload them at that time, and they seem to be the same ones missing now. So it's possible it's reverting back to what it had at that point, before people had re-uploaded their images.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
skoolmunkee at 3:32PM, April 4, 2011
(offline)
Kagaenod
I am a little upset.

Hi Kagaenod. I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry you're having these troubles. If it helps, you're not alone.

The programmers are doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can- they are just as unhappy about this as anyone here. I've asked them to update the techblog tonight so hopefully there will be more information from them within the next few hours.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Genejoke at 12:02AM, April 5, 2011
(online)
More images lost. mostly seems to be post 13th jan comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Ozoneocean at 12:20AM, April 5, 2011
(online)
As far as I can see it's a loading issue with alost ALL comic and formatting images.

All images are still on the server, it's just that they can't be found at the addresses that are rendered on comic template pages.
-So it's an addressing issue. Nothing lost. Lawrence and team have been informed. But it's late there at the moment so I don't know what's happening.

(Right click “View image” and then replace “comics” with “www” in the address bar to see the pic)

-User profiles are back however.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
bravo1102 at 12:30AM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
I figured that's what it was. All the images are there to be edited but don't pop up on the pages.

Murphy is hard at work and all that can go wrong is trying desperately to go wrong.

Get more duct tape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
itsjustaar at 1:23AM, April 5, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
I figured that's what it was. All the images are there to be edited but don't pop up on the pages.

Murphy is hard at work and all that can go wrong is trying desperately to go wrong.

Get more duct tape.

Duct tape, super glue, hammers, nails, thumbtacks… ;

Both my comics (Keeping Up and ZombieToons) have their images gone again. xD *doesn't have the energy to re-upload everything once again; I'm totally too drained to go through it again* Caught me by surprise, too. :/

Keep up the good work in fixing the issue. :)
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Allan at 1:55AM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
I'm not going to say stuff that's already been said.

Having said that, thanks to the coders for their hard work. Looks like a picked a swell time to return to the Duck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Ozoneocean at 4:24AM, April 5, 2011
(online)
Allan
Looks like a picked a swell time to return to the Duck.
Ah well, hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. :(

The same fix still needs to be applied to HTML formatting images in the GFX folder -_-

Macattack at 5:37AM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
POSITIVE MESSAGE!! =D

Totally loving how the profile pages are back and from the looks of things the favourites bar is ALMOST back… at least it's coloured in again
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
skoolmunkee at 12:32PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
We just had a nice skype chat with Lawrence and that should be put out as a “special edition” podcast within the next 24 hours, all about the site issues and what's been going on at their end, and what to look forward to!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
skoolmunkee at 2:29PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
We've got two new Quackcasts posted today!

Quackcast Episode 21: Interview with Lawrence Leach, CTO of WOWIO!
This is a special edition QuackCast recorded specifically to address the site issues which came up on DrunkDuck in the past week. Lawrence discusses the problems from a technical perspective and answers a lot of questions!

and our usual,

Episode 21 - I Say Old Chum, Jolly Good Advice About Speeding Up
skool and oz summarize the site problem from March 30th, and then go on to discuss various ways in which you might speed up the process of making your comics. Also we go kind of overboard on accents.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
skoolmunkee at 4:04PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
Can someone who has a comic which was created afer January 13th please tell me:

1. Can you go in and make changes to your comic yet, like editing pages to add the new image, a thumbnail, etc.
2. Does the URL to visit your comic work yet
3. Does anything else that was ‘broken’ about that comic account work yet (excluding the missing images, which won't come back)

Unfortunatly since that's an issue to specific comics I can't check it myself. Please report back if this applies to you. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:43PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
Profile page viewing makes me happy(er).
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Jake Richmond at 9:49PM, April 5, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee

1. Can you go in and make changes to your comic yet, like editing pages to add the new image, a thumbnail, etc.
3. Does anything else that was ‘broken’ about that comic account work yet (excluding the missing images, which won't come back)

Unfortunatly since that's an issue to specific comics I can't check it myself. Please report back if this applies to you. :]

1. Not yet.

2. No.

3. Not as far as I can tell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
wordweaver_four at 11:27PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
Jake Richmond
skoolmunkee

1. Not yet.

2. No.

3. Not as far as I can tell.

1. I cannot make any changes to Kombat Kubs Returns. I can add new pages but they can't be accessed and the graphics don't appear in the comic pages edit.

2. The URL doesn't work no matter what route I try. Always takes me to DD home page.

3. Really, nothing works at all

On a side note: I can access Modest Medusa, and all images prior to March 11th can be seen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
skoolmunkee at 11:43PM, April 5, 2011
(offline)
OK, thanks guys. :]

Modest Medusa will probably be a special case, since that comic is one of the few Lawrence had in a small backup. But it does still seem incomplete, and he's still got the problem of not being able to udpate it…

OK, I will report back and let him know these things still aren't working. sorry guys. :[
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Jake Richmond at 12:29AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
wordweaver_four
On a side note: I can access Modest Medusa, and all images prior to March 11th can be seen.

Oh weird. I can't access it at all.
Jake Richmond at 12:30AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
Oh, never mind. I just realized that I can.
tig at 4:19AM, April 6, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee

1. No - I can try to upload new thumbnails or new images but nothing shows up.
2. No.
3. NO!

Tig - From Da Videostore
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Genejoke at 4:45AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
On dead sexy I can access it but not upload new images.

However on Equivocate and Lite bites I can.

Weird.
DaWaterRat at 6:05AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee

MoaK Extras has had no issues, even before it was fixed for others. It was launched on Feb 10, and I was able to re-upload everything almost immediately after the crash/restore #2

I'm just lucky, I guess
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
MrHades at 8:36AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
I have to confess, I'm a little confused. I have read through a couple of posts, but I can't seem to find what I'm after. I cannot access my favs or my own comics to upload new material. I press the triangle button to expand those menus on my profile… it saying loading, but never does.
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Genejoke at 8:44AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
Can't you click on the my account bit on the right to access your comics?
Ozoneocean at 8:47AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
MrHades
I have to confess, I'm a little confused. I have read through a couple of posts, but I can't seem to find what I'm after. I cannot access my favs or my own comics to upload new material. I press the triangle button to expand those menus on my profile… it saying loading, but never does.

Just click the “my account” link under your avatar on the top right ;)
That link has always, always been there, even before we had the sidebar. So many people miss it though now… I suppose people must just be so used to the ease and convenience of the side bar… I wish it was back too! I loved seeing my faves in there. :(

Just to make it even more streamlined, I'll paste the link here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/account/overview/

Inside the account management you can also get to your faves as well, but I'll put that link here too:
http://www.drunkduck.com/account/overview/manage_favs.php

Might be a good idea to bookmark those locations so you can just go there first off.
MrHades at 11:10AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
Thanks for the advice. Will upload a page for tomorrow :)
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
xmung at 12:43PM, April 6, 2011
(online)
Here's something that's been happening for me since the last blackout which happened early on Tuesday (April 5), ever since everything came back online I haven't been able to stay logged in for the purposes of posting comments… it was only with a Firefox browser but today seems to include Explorer and Chrome. I haven't changed any settings on those browsers so it's nothing that I've done. It has also makes it difficult (impossible?) to access my control panel and upload content. I'm hoping it will let me post this comment, I seem to be able to stay logged in with the forum OK.
Magellan - superhero cadets, their worst enemy is themselves!
Crossoverkill - prepare to crossover… to the other-side!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
tig at 3:18PM, April 6, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Kagaenod
I am a little upset.

Hi Kagaenod. I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry you're having these troubles. If it helps, you're not alone.

The programmers are doing everything they can to fix this as fast as they can- they are just as unhappy about this as anyone here. I've asked them to update the techblog tonight so hopefully there will be more information from them within the next few hours.

Is there any update? I can't upload any new images, nor a new thumbnail. I can create new pages but no image will attach to the page. Is there a fix still coming?

Tig
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Ozoneocean at 10:52PM, April 6, 2011
(online)
xmung
Here's something that's been happening for me since the last blackout which happened early on Tuesday (April 5), ever since everything came back online I haven't been able to stay logged in for the purposes of posting comments… it was only with a Firefox browser but today seems to include Explorer and Chrome. I haven't changed any settings on those browsers so it's nothing that I've done. It has also makes it difficult (impossible?) to access my control panel and upload content. I'm hoping it will let me post this comment, I seem to be able to stay logged in with the forum OK.
That sounds unusual, I will report it.
tig
Is there any update? I can't upload any new images, nor a new thumbnail. I can create new pages but no image will attach to the page. Is there a fix still coming?

Tig
That's awful! I really thought this was fixed. I'll get on and ask Lawrence about this when I get home.
joeyjarin at 11:09PM, April 6, 2011
(online)
Still can't update my webcomic http://www.drunkduck.com/Joeyverse.

This was created post Jan. 13. Can't edit thumbnail, pages, etc. Nothing.

This is really frustrating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon