Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Strange facts about you
Inkmonkey at 4:58AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I'm a registered minister; officially I'm known as The Reverand Shane Woodis.

Also, I've never done anything with my certificate…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Aurora Borealis at 5:24AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Hmm yeah…

Ok, I'm totally left-sided, that is noy only I'm left-handed, but I also prefer the left eye, left foot, left leg etc. And I always start walking with the left leg first (and try to end with the right one).

I guess I have a little bit of that symmetry thing too, but it manifests in things like when I walk on the pavement, I catch myself stepping on the same amount of cracks with left and right foot, and at times to the point of stepping on them with the same part of my foot… that also goes for shadows, if I'm crossing a shadow, I have to do it with an even amount of steps.

I can make cracking noises (loud or faint) with most of my body's joints… neck, all fingers except for thumbs, wrists, elbows (if I stretch my arms, knees (again, stretching legs), ankles (which sometimes happens repeatedly as I walk) and my jaw (which is annoying on ears as they're too close).

If while walking I hear a song that I despise, I'll do everything not to walk in rhythm with it, usually speed up.

I think buttons (on shirts and such) are disgusting. For some reason touching especially the semi-transparent ones on buttoned-up shirts makes me squirm. I'm also absolutely uncomfortable wearing shirts in general and complete suits are even worse.

I'm trying to create and follow a path of as true individualism as possible. Meaning I can like something whether it's popular or not (and consequently I have been accused of both loving something only cause it's popular and being a “pop-hating snob”).

I almost never watch/listen things when they're “hot” and like to discover stuff at my own pace, for example I JUST saw dark knight last night even though I knew about it for a while. I just didn't feel like digging deeper into it :) My “latest” playlist is almost always 2-3 years late behind new releases.

When assembling my winamp playlist, I make a long list of albums and listen to them in a row… but I can't have two albums of the same artist in a row (unless it's really short singles, then I can put them together), I can't have two artists starting with the same letter next to each other AND also they can't be from neighboring letters… meaning that Cinema Strange can't sit next to Celtic Frost or The Birthday Massacre, but it could sit next to Angelspit, although I'd prefer if it was next to something like Phantasmagoria or Yat-Kha… there's an extra rule for “The”, bands starting with it can't be next to bands starting with “T” or whatever the letter is the next word starting with. So The Piass shouldn't sit next to bands starting with T and P, but also the letters S, U, O and Q.
Convoluted enough? :D

I think that mens fashion is the MOST boring thing in the world, so I always bore it up even further and just wear whatever jeans and tshirt I grab (although I don't like black jeans or very light ones).
On the other hand women's fashion is wonderful and I'd be wearing that stuff if I was living in a lot more tolerant place.

There can't be anything green on my plate OR on my clothes, I hate red carpets (especially dark red) and most of red furniture, don't like pastel-colored walls (make them white or put some pattern on them) and I hate wearing brown anything, black jeans or white shirts. On the other hand black is my fav clothing color and I prefer to mix it with dark blue, purple, red, violet etc, I love “red” colored food and I get depressed if there isn't enough green outside the window.

Speaking of food. I never eat tomatoes, but I love all tomato-based products… Tomato juice, soup, ketchup. I used to put ketchup on everything possible, but the company that made it decided to do TWO brands instead of one and the perfect taste got butchered… now the mild is too mild and hot is… well, not that bad, but the old taste is gone :(

Obviously I like to type online things that are sort of like me saying “look I'm a weirdo”. :D

I like shiny things. Chrome, silver, latex, plastic, rubber, etc. I hate glittery things though, as they break up light into too many tiny points.

I've been making music from 1997 to roughly 2007 (haven't made a track this year) and I never released anything (other than some “online albums” I did few years ago): I don't have a selected genre, I just make whatever electronic thing pops into my brain. Ambient, dark ambient, noise, industrial, techno, gabber, silly melodies, idm, weird breakbeasts… and a mix of all or any of the above.

I have sort of a fear of heights, that is I'm not afraid to go on a balcony on the 10th floor, but you won't get me to climb on something that's on the 2nd floor if there's no barrier. And if there is a barrier, it has to be high enough (reach above my waist) so that if I trip or lose balance, I won't fall over it. Thus why I never sat in the first row of our old cinema (other than once, during Blair Witch Project, when I was more terrified about what would have happened if I fell than of the movie, haha). Same reason I won't climb a ladder while holding something (there can't be a moment I'm not holding myself to something and I can't do that with one arm “busy”) or a construction site scaffolding. Going over fences higher than me is terrifying too.

I'm sort of an “emphatic hypochondriac” (however you spell that dreadful word), meaning that whenever I read about an illness, I start feeling its symptoms.

Yeah… I think this is enough to award me the “weirdo of the month” award, haha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Ozoneocean at 5:53AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Buncha wierdos… -_-

Like Warpedwenger and Cori, I'm devastatingly attractive to women. It's such a terrible burden… :(
It's so lucky all you can see of me is this avatar and text here or I'd have to fight the ladies of with a stick to prevent them all trying to molest me. :(

———————
:)
———————

I'm pedantic, narcissistic, opinionated, rude, vain…
…So pretty much like most people who post stuff on the net.

One particular quirk that seems to be getting worse though: Spelling. Not just bad spelling, but spelling like I've got a faulty MS Word spell-checker controlling my fingers. So instead of writing “Installations”, I write “Insulations”, or instead of writing “spelling”, I might write “spieling” or “sealing” or “sailing”. It's very strange.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
HippieVan at 6:55AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Those visualisation thingies that you can show when you play music on your computer can mesmerise me for hours.

And if I'm holding something in my left hand and not thinking about what I am doing, I will almost always rub it on my face. No matter what it is, food, a paintbrush, my cell phone etc.

I'll probably think of more later. Another thing about me is that I rarely remember things for more than a few moments.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Disgruntledrm at 7:54AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
I have a fear of being approached with a sharp object. Example: Someone just finished cutting out a coupon, and wishes to offer it to me. If he/she is still holding the scissors while walking towards me, I'll freak out.

Name any well-made vampire movie, I've probably seen it. (And even a good deal of bad ones. Vampire Dentist, for example. Totally seen…half of it. It sucked.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
bravo1102 at 8:31AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I collect nicknames seems everytime I get acquinted with someone I get a new one.

I can imitate some dialects well enough to fool native speakers. I've fooled Brits in London, Aussies, Scots, Irish, Southerners etc.
But my favorite was convincing someone I was from Jersey (Channel islands Jersey) when my Staten Island friend introduced me as his friend from “Jersey”

I can approach nearly any dog and it will not bark at me. I walk away and some one else approaches the dog and it'll bark madly at them.

As a child I was repeatedly exposed to Chicken Pox so I'd get it and get over with it. I never got it.

I was born three years and one week (to the day) after my namesake grandfather died. I look exactly like him.

I had my first kiss when I was 8 and played Prince Charming in Sleeping Beauty. (I really kissed her, the second performance she kissed back) But I was later so shy that I didn't start dating until after High School. However, I was asked by girls I barely knew to sign their yearbooks and several expressed regret that I hadn't talked to them more.

I was the token heterosexual male working full time in the Macy*s East Brunswick Men's store in 1987-9. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Koshou at 8:49AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I can't stand most comedy or romance movies. they're all basically the same crappy plot with the characters and actors changed up.
Strangely, I love apocalypse movies even though they're ALSO the same crappy plot with the characters and actors changed up.

I'm not allergic to anything, but I sneeze a lot when it's cold.

I used to bite my nails but I stopped. And my nails are naturally french tipped. Same with my mom's nails and my sisters. So I don't have to pay for manicures? It's kinda neat.

Animals like me for some reason. But I get nervous around big dogs anyway. :<

I love soda, too. Trying to cut back though. Only one can a day. :<

…I want some Coke now. Damn.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
lba at 9:22AM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Aurora Borealis
I think buttons (on shirts and such) are disgusting. For some reason touching especially the semi-transparent ones on buttoned-up shirts makes me squirm. I'm also absolutely uncomfortable wearing shirts in general and complete suits are even worse.

I used to have the button issue when I was younger. Then I got a job that required a button down shirt. I still don't like dressing up since it's uncomfortable, but buttons don't gross me out any more.

I've also discovered that I am the world's best listener even when I'm not trying. I can be ignoring a girl and they'll still sit and talk to me to confide in me and ask my opinion. It kind of sends me straight to the friend zone no matter what I do, even if I'm a complete asshole to them. I must have an extremely honest face or something I guess.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
NickGuy at 1:10PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I havent drank soda since i was 17. Im 21.
I hate wearing socks and in fact i never wear them during the summer unless i absolutely have to, like when im working or playing baseball or something
Im flat-footed.
Im addicted to sex.
I hate walking on tile or hardwood floors after I shower so i tiptoe till i reach carpet.
I dont like women. I get irritated by them.
I get insanely jealous whenever my girlfriend dresses up “too nice” for work.
Unlike 90% of the internet, I talk and act the same way in real life as i do online.
I think Im the greatest looking person ever born.
I dont think Frank Miller has ever done anything wrong art-wise in his life.
I dont really care to do these stupid fact things but yet im doing one anyway.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
seventy2 at 1:39PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
whenever i have a tray for food. the plate must go in the middle and the silver ware is fork on left, knife and spoon on right, and everything else must make the tray symmetrical. i hate it.

and several other ocd items that have everything symetrical….

i almost always end all conversations with “tschuss” the german informal goodbye.

facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
subcultured at 2:56PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
i'm a lesbian
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
HippieVan at 2:58PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
I can't stand the feeling of unfinished wood. When we got a ping-pong table I had to use a specific paddle because I had taped up the handle and couldn't bear to hold any of the other ones. When I get a popsicle I wrap the wrapper around the stick so I don't have to touch it.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
skoolmunkee at 3:07PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Unfortunately I am not a unique flower so I have nothing to share. :[
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Hawk at 3:11PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
LoveandGuns
I'm legally blind in my left eye. Which sucks. <— I don't wear glasses for this problem, because it would be pointless besides trying to ‘protect’ the non-blind eye from getting damaged from whatever.

Wow, me too… Entirely blind in my left eye. Everything I've seen for my entire life has been in 2D.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
amanda at 3:16PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
You guys are so interesting! I think strange/weird things just make people more awesome (uh, so long as they don't completely eclipse everything else).

Let's see…

– Whenever I have to tell someone something they don't want to hear, I have to write down exactly what I'm going to say, and then I read it to the person (on the phone or in person). I have a stock script for telemarketers, but I feel so bad about being succinct and rude that I have to excuse myself and go cry.

– I'm allergic to wheat, eggs, and dairy products… so you can imagine how much fun it is to find things to eat. ^.^ Mmm. Rice.

– I am afraid of heights, needles, wolves, and Don Henley.

– I have huge, freckled feet.

– I'm a blues dancer. Woo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Skullbie at 3:24PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Entirely blind in my left eye. Everything I've seen for my entire life has been in 2D.
Huh? I've walked around with one eye closed and everything looks exactly the same as it did with both eyes- only my depth perception was a bit off when i walked. :0

Or are you talking about that other eye disorder where people aret born without depth perception? If so; sorry man :$
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Hawk at 3:42PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
Huh? I've walked around with one eye closed and everything looks exactly the same as it did with both eyes- only my depth perception was a bit off when i walked. :0

Or are you talking about that other eye disorder where people aret born without depth perception? If so; sorry man :$

From what I understand, walking around with one eye closed would be pretty close to what it's like for me. But having never seen with two eyes I'm not sure how to make any comparisons. But yeah, it's a depth perception thing. It kind of ruined sports for me.
Ironscarfs Ghost at 3:56PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Whenever I get some time to myself, which isn't too often these days, I spend it in a graveyard or cemetery. This is more entertaining to me than anything else I can think of.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Aurora Moon at 4:24PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
Koshou
I can't stand most comedy or romance movies. they're all basically the same crappy plot with the characters and actors changed up.

Same here. And the worst part? My mom LOVES them to death, and so she's always renting movies for us to watch *together* for our girls' night or whatever when she comes over to visit me. OOOH JOY~! >=(

I'm not allergic to anything, but I sneeze a lot when it's cold.
I'm allegeric to certain types of pet dander, and sometimes I get hay fever. But… yeah, the cold also has that same effect on me. whenever it's cold enough, I seem to catch all sorts of viruses easily.

I used to bite my nails but I stopped. And my nails are naturally french tipped. Same with my mom's nails and my sisters. So I don't have to pay for manicures? It's kinda neat.
same here.

ditto.. expect I don't get nervous around big dogs. I've owned some big dogs, so I know how to handle them and stuff.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 5:00PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
This is more entertaining to me than anything else I can think of.
I'm hanging out with YOU next time! We'll have a ball! Wooot! :)
skoolmunkee
Lies.
Ever wonder why Skool doesn't post pics of herself online much or nearly at all?
That's right, she's so stunningly beautiful that to see an ordinary pic of her will leave most guys humping the screen, and quite a few gals too. o_O
lba at 5:23PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
Lies.
Ever wonder why Skool doesn't post pics of herself online much or nearly at all?
That's right, she's so stunningly beautiful that to see an ordinary pic of her will leave most guys humping the screen, and quite a few gals too. o_O

The remaining guys and gals not humping their monitors into shutdown mode will be laughing in paralytic fits under their desks at the mental pictures of people humping computer monitors. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Hawk at 5:26PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean

I can confirm this. I met her.
subcultured at 5:26PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
most men are driven mad by skool's beautiful visage
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Aurora Borealis at 5:42PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
Aurora Moon
Koshou
same here.

ditto.. expect I don't get nervous around big dogs. I've owned some big dogs, so I know how to handle them and stuff.

I'm nervous around any dogs. Period.

And the nails thing too, except I get no benefit from that. Although I did make one girl jealous of that, haha.
I used to do stuff to my nails though, like mix colors… for example all blue EXCEPT for middle fingers that were done red :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
worstcase at 7:32PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
AQua_ng
I can suck in my face. It's less impressive than it sounds.

Me too! Thats awesome..or not really.

I can touch my nose and my chin with my tongue.
I have been in 8 car wrecks
I have fallen down and hit the wall so hard with my head that i knocked the plaster off and dented the metal…:(
I can't keep a straight face, even at funerals. I just end up cracking up.

Wow. I sound like a terrible person.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Warpedwenger at 7:38PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I eat my side items one at a time and then the entree.
I can't help but imagine that everything I do is somehow a video game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Product Placement at 8:19PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
People
Ambidextrous

Hey! So am I. Although when it comes to writing, I'm a right handed. I was trained to write with that hand but if I want to see how I wrote when I was six I can always use my left hand.

Hmm… Something weird about me, something weird….

I can snap more bones in my body than I care to think is healthy?

I'm talking things like ankles, wrist, elbows, thumbs, spine, neck….

Edit. Ok, I'm lying a little. I COULD snap all aforementioned joints but when I heard that that's how you get arthritis I started to train myself to stop it. Since then I completely lost the ability to snap my elbow and my writs snapping has almost disappeared. Other than that I can still go *snap* *snap* *snappity* *snap*.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Ozoneocean at 8:34PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
I have a special quirk…
I have a magical ability that makes people always ask me the same question:
“So, how long have you been growing your hair for?”

…all my life. It's one of those things we mammals just do.
-heh, I never thought of using that answer until just now. :)
Sea_Cow at 8:55PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(offline)
I have the wonderful skill not to take anything seriously. Child murder, genocide, you name it. It's all lulz to me. Then again, I guess every member of Anonymous shares that trait with me.

Also, I like to make syllables out of my breath. It gets annoying after a while, but it sure does kill time!
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
patrickdevine at 9:04PM, Dec. 15, 2008
(online)
When I was 7 years old I once made a home-made parachute.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon