HA Stories

Stories & Storylines
SympleSymon at 11:12AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
Sebastian_Sandberg
So the season finale shall be the Psychosis Wave then. Just for the record, I definately want in on that finale. Book ends to the season and all that. ^^

I was planning on sending you, Abt and Fuku the finished first draft anyways, lol. From there I hope we can work toward improving the script and add extra Awesomesauce for good measure.

I'm about 14 pages in and realise that I'm at about the halfway mark of a ‘normal-lenght’ issue, so my question is: how many pages do you want me to aim for with this finale? As many as I can logically manage (ie, no more than 40-50 for epicness), or do you want me to restrict it to 30 or less?

I think you'll like what you read when I finally shoot it off your ways… there's something for everyone, I think!

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Macattack at 6:47PM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
Abt_Nihil
Actually, I wasn't thinking about “hiring” at all. One of the things I've been trying to set up is that HA is less centralized and hierarchical than HU. If a huge number of heroes (and possibly, former or potential villains) were invited, the result would probably be more like a network with independent “cells”.

So would it more be like a social network of metahumans? like “Wireless is facing a giant robot so he can call Vora if she's available for help” type thing?
Abt_Nihil at 8:34AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
So would it more be like a social network of metahumans? like “Wireless is facing a giant robot so he can call Vora if she's available for help” type thing?
Exactly. And it wouldn't have to appear in an HA report later on :D It's more like a “there's a problem? let's get together and fix it” mentality. With HU, it always seemed like someone had to be accountable for it. That's the nature of UN organizations, the HU Commander is likely to be accountable for what teams comprised of HU members do. So if there's a problem, it first has to be dealt with in a bureaucratic way.
Sebastian_Sandberg at 4:30PM, Jan. 17, 2011
(offline)
SympleSymon
I was planning on sending you, Abt and Fuku the finished first draft anyways, lol. From there I hope we can work toward improving the script and add extra Awesomesauce for good measure.

I'm about 14 pages in and realise that I'm at about the halfway mark of a ‘normal-lenght’ issue, so my question is: how many pages do you want me to aim for with this finale? As many as I can logically manage (ie, no more than 40-50 for epicness), or do you want me to restrict it to 30 or less?

I think you'll like what you read when I finally shoot it off your ways… there's something for everyone, I think!

Abt thinks we should end Season 1 on a two-parter which I agree upon, so I'll have to say, two parts, 20-25 pages each, 40-50 pages in total perhaps? And I have full confidence that a script co-edited between you, Abt, Fuku and me is going to be made of win. XD
Abt_Nihil at 5:35AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(offline)
Ah, I forgot to answer the season finale question! Well, Seb is right on all accounts ^_^
Macattack at 4:13PM, March 15, 2011
(offline)
Okay, so I had tested this concept with Abt before but now I'm testing it with all of you. I have an idea for a shorter chapter, that could be interesting and fun… and yes introduce Wireless though I promise you that's not the main goal of it ;)

Basically as Wireless is the first Canadian super hero since WWII, the entire country is a little naive about the community of super humans. Because of this, a supervillain (thinking woman in hooded cloak) comes in claiming to be a super hero needing Wireless to collect certain artifacts or technological devices lest a supervillain destroy the world. AKA the classic “Sucker the naive hero into doing your dirty work for you” scheme.

Of course Heroes Alliance heroes are called in to investigate (I'd say the lesser known ones AKA NOT Bombshell or someone else who would be considered really well known in the super hero society as Canada has been following them like celebrities) They battle but somehow don't succeed until finally all the pieces are brought to the lady at which point she reveals who she really is and how she's going to destroy the world, Wireless realizing what she does returns to Heroes Alliance explains what happened and determines he's going to help them stop her as it's personal this time. They go in and after a battle WIN!

Pros to this storyline:
-Because Canada has a very basic knowledge of superheroes… especially in America, it gives a chance to show what the ones who are used less to show what they can do. (I'm guessing people like Vora, Comet Kid, Virtus, Impractical Mr Imp… sorry if I messed up on your character's fame)
-More a personal one, but because I REALLY like consistency, it allows an introduction to Wireless and also the Meta-crisis in Canada which I think you guys could play off of to add extra colour to some stories
-Let's admit it, who doesn't like the Super heroes fighting Super Heroes scenes?

Anyways, there's some details I'd have to work out like “Is this magical components she needs for a spell or tech components she needs for a dooms day weapon” but I thought it was about time I seriously contributed something to you guys, so tell me what you think.
Abt_Nihil at 4:46PM, March 15, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
Of course Heroes Alliance heroes are called in to investigate (…) They battle but somehow don't succeed
Just to clear this up: What's the motivation for them to battle each other?
Macattack at 6:16PM, March 15, 2011
(offline)
Abt_Nihil
Just to clear this up: What's the motivation for them to battle each other?

Sorry, I tend to be confusing when I ramble. Wireless has been told that the supervillain has minions to stop him and thinks the heroes are them. Note why it needs to be newer heroes or less publicly recognized heroes. Therefore due to the classic lack of communication that's usually found in superhero comics. The hero/heroes see super powered guy they don't recognize stealing something. Reaction is to stop him. Wireless is trying to recover an object the supervillain told him a Master Villain had their eyes on, instantly assumes this is the master villain's doing. Both think they're doing what's right
Macattack at 6:18PM, March 15, 2011
(offline)
You can also throw in little quips that makes them SUSPICIOUS there's more to this like one person yells out something about justice making the other wonder if they're really evil yet not enough to convince them to stop fighting
Sebastian_Sandberg at 9:13AM, March 16, 2011
(offline)
I'd be down for letting you use Virtus for that story.

Not too keen on Wireless spouting random “For Great Justice” phrases though, unless that is part of his character. A more subtle way would be for Wireless, being a hero, trying to fight back without using lethal force, which would be where the less violent heroes, which in this case I'm guessing means pretty much every name you listed, catch on to that this may not be a crook.
Abt_Nihil at 9:29AM, March 16, 2011
(offline)
Do you have an idea about how long you'd like this story to be, and how many individual scenes to divide it into? (Somehow, I always like to think in scenes :p)

Also, Seb has a point there. :)
Macattack at 7:29PM, March 16, 2011
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg
A more subtle way would be for Wireless, being a hero, trying to fight back without using lethal force, which would be where the less violent heroes, which in this case I'm guessing means pretty much every name you listed, catch on to that this may not be a crook.

I like that one MUCH better! :D The other one seemed pretty cheesy but my mind's been in other places this week.

Also as for scenes, let's see here for timeline… there's two ways you could do this, one starting with Wireless or one starting with Heroes Alliance… Obviously I'd suggest the Heroes Alliance Side of the story so let's see

-Heroes Alliance gets alert about some break in. Because Bombshell, Shell, other signature heroes are at the time busy doing something (maybe this could be happening while they're dealing with a mission) they send those left behind to watch the base to check it out… probably just a simple mission anyways. They get in and find themselves confronting an unknown meta

-Cross of remarks between Wireless and the heroes basically ending in “You'll have to get through us!” “Oh you really didn't want to say that” and they battle it out. At one point (playing off of Seb's idea because it's awesome) something breaks and is about to crush a super hero and Wireless stops it from crushing them “YAY PSYCHOKINESIS AND FORCE FIELDS!! and then taking the brief confusion to his advantage escapes.

-The heroes return to base. Some are a peeved at what happened but some are curious as to why Wireless saved them and decide to research it. Question maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Cut instantly to Wireless going down into a ritzy hotel where he meets with a cloaked woman (identity hidden/mysterious) and gives her the item. The woman says basically thanks for that and mentions another item and how he's fought bravely but must fight again lest the world fall to evil.

-Another alert is given and the heroes who were upset are all like ”Finally! Payback time“ but then one or two characters stay behind because they want to research more trying to figure out who this new Meta is (I would SO love it if Virtus was one of the ones who stayed back because he's so pensive and calm headed in the secret wars on dA and I'd love to have that shown on here) As Wireless is a new hero who's been trying to remain somewhat anonymous considering Canada's in a giant civil unrest against Meta humans it's kind of hard to find any information on him. Anyways the heroes go back and confront minus the ones who stay behind

-Kind of switching between the fight and the research until finally Wireless again escapes (YAY SUPER SPEED!) and the heroes back at base find out information.

-Heroes who found information manage to track down Wireless as he's about to give item to lady and yell out how he's been deceived. Just as he's about to be convinced the lady grabs item and connects it to already connected device laughing and saying ”It's too late“ finally showing who she is… I'll let artists go mad on whether they want to do ”EVIL MONSTER LADY“ or just lady who's obviously not nice. She thanks Wireless the ‘idiot’ for being so easy to use and then disappears… Teleportation maybe?

-Wireless sits their betrayed and confused and then turns kinda angry (sensibly) I'd love it if you use a line like ”She used me… made me fight heroes… wants to take over the world… AND SHE CALLED ME AN IDIOT?!?!? That's it… she's so gonna fry!" (note he won't actually kill her but referring to he's going to stop her no matter what)and tells Heroes Alliance he's joining them. The ones who were quick to fight are reluctant to accept the help but the ones who were researching are quick to convince them.

-insert 1 or 2 comics depending on pacing of them approaching and foiling the evil lady's plan

-Optional, Wireless is introduced to the Heroes Alliance team and they say so long and he heads back to Canada.

There you go. That's about the 9 or 10 pages you wanted for a shorter chapter. It can of course be edited due to any ideas. PLEASE GIVE IDEAS! Ideas are always good. But ya. Tell me what you think
shastab24 at 4:27PM, March 17, 2011
(online)
Considering I am full-fledged into writing it, I may as well mention an storyline that I came up with to introduce some of my characters:

There is a wedding between two transgender individuals from different universes (they both know superheroes, and met each other during a cross-dimensional encounter their friends had). The fundamentalist group of “heroes” known as the Seraphim (who I posted in the villains thread–I've decided they are not from the Heroes Unite/Alliance reality) hear about this and make it public their opposition and intent to stop the wedding by force if necessary. In reaction, the couple purposely sends out their wedding invitations to several transgender superheroes both for them to witness the wedding and as protection should the threat prove to be viable. As well, they decide to have the wedding in the Heroes Unite/Alliance universe because one is from there, and there is a large amount of heroes there who may discourage the villains.

The Seraphim do intend on following through and hire some muscle to help them enforce their side–some villains from the public domain and one of my own, with most being ones submitted to the message board here. Word of the villains from the Heroes Unite/Alliance villains' recruitment makes its way across the Internet, and HUB briefs Heroes Alliance, who decide to intervene because of the potential for devastation such an event could bring. They do not arrive in time to stop the two sides from attacking each other and become embroiled in the fight when they attempt to stop it.

Meanwhile, The F-Man has robbed a nearby bank and decides to head out in the church. Seeing the occupants and the opportunity to acquire more money and jewels, he proceeds to talk the entire group down and get them to hand him their possessions. Bombshell and Shell, who have been securing the non-combatants in another room at this point, must then come up with a plan to stop him, and later use his lingering control over the villains to try and get them arrested or otherwise end the fighting before it spills out into the streets.

The wedding guests include:
Astral, Sparkle, Split, Eiderdown, and Fractal (my characters)
The Dragon Queen from The Dragon Queen
Gen and Topia from O City
Jenny Everywhere (open source character–not transgender, but friendly to the cause)
Jessica Mason from High Maintenance
Madame Fatal (public domain character from Quality Comics)

The Heroes Alliance team includes:
Bombshell
The Impractical Mr. Imp
Relik
Shell
The Spatulator (oiginally I was going to throw him to the wayside, but I gave him interactions with Imp that I love)
Titan
Virtus
Vora
Wireless

The villains include:
Sea Embers, Phobia, Zhia, Bind, Lash, The Floccinaucinihilipilification, The Gunman (may be replaced) (my characters)
Captain Nazi, The Jester (Madame Fatal villain), Manx (public domain characters)
Heremod, Cerebelle, Komodo, Oscuro, Saint (sux's characters)
Coldcut, Killerton (SympleSymon's characters)
Jenny Nowhere (open source character)
Kraysch (AzuJOD's character–and I think he would thrive in this environment)
Shock (Macattack's character)
Target (mind_reader's character)

I know it's a lot, but I mes bite off more than I can chew. As well, I wanted there to be one villain per character after Heroes Alliance intervenes, The F-Man tipping the balance (though he doesn't exactly aid the villains). Some characters probably could be dropped, but I also didn't want the wedding sparsely attended (nor to see a lot of defenseless guests killed) or Heroes Alliance to seem ineffectual by only sending a couple people.

But the problem is that some characters fall a little more to the wayside. Wireless is mainly there for his fight with Shock (which leads to stopping one of the bigger fights) and some of my characters may not get speaking lines at all (which is fine, as those should be the first I sacrifice). Still, I like the battle of Sparkle vs. Kraysch as the other heroes deal with the more manageable threats.

But I should end the post and see what people think. I do not know exactly where this would fit into the rest of the stories, so that might be a good thing for me to consider. Of course, it could be a cf a concept, espially as I have never done a large-cast script before (at least where there was a battle).
Macattack at 10:51AM, March 20, 2011
(offline)
shastab24
Wireless is mainly there for his fight with Shock (which leads to stopping one of the bigger fights)

One thing I'll warn you about Wireless and Shock's relationship is that Shock will most likely need to have some direct threat to Wireless whether it be a hostage or something as Wireless is angry at, yet also terrified of Shock…. considering Shock's the kid who bullied Wireless all his life and now that he has super powers wants to make an example of Wireless by destroying him and everything he cares about… So basically Shock tends to hunt Wireless down not vice versa
Abt_Nihil at 4:40AM, March 21, 2011
(offline)
Macattack: One question and a suggestion. The question: Do you have a particular super villain in mind here? You are quite specific about her being a woman. The suggestion: Maybe there could be another fight before she disappears at the end, so Wireless could once again prove his worth. That would make his introduction into HA more plausible (and the story less anticlimactic), I think.

shastab24: Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with reducing some of the characters to bystanders (i.e. not giving them lines). If you don't want this story to be a sprawling epic (which is extremely difficult to organize as a community project), I suggest you concentrate on a small number of lead characters, another small number of characters who do get lines and have some key role, but aren't that important, while most characters are just seen in the background at the wedding and during the fights (or they get one characteristic line during the wedding and a characteristic use of their powers in the fight scene, something like that).
A more basic question though: Why do the Seraphim go out of their way to stop the wedding? Opposed to, say, systematically killing off transgenders…?
Macattack at 6:31PM, March 21, 2011
(offline)
@Abt:
Actually I really have no clue who I'd use as a villain… it definitely would have to be someone Wireless has never met before just as the heroes would have to be ones who aren't in the news that often. I Just kind of figured mysterious hooded figure because it seemed to fit… maybe because I had just read crossoverkill with hoodoo (I know she's a hero) but I think more so just because people tend to trust girls more… at least that's a trend I've seen in movies.

As for an added fight scene I'm game…. are you thinking something like instead of her snatching the last piece and running away, the heroes confront Wireless AFTER he had given the last piece and left and then they confront her but she manages to set off the super weapon… maybe a mass teleportation device, or dimensional transporter device, or magical summoning spell that brings forth a large unearthly army that the heroes have to face? Or were you thinking something different all together for an additional fight scene?
shastab24 at 11:22PM, March 21, 2011
(online)
I would admit that writing such a project is quite difficult, and I may have taken on something too big. But I can't bring myself to cut down the cast, and I have started to get them intertwined, more or less. It's especially as I asked if I could use some characters, and want to do more than put them in the background. But it's up to you guys if it's good when finished (if it's considered too much of a mess, then I will not pursue putting it up online).

As far as the motivations of the Seraphim, it is twofold: they are ready to make a statement and like to be theatrical about it for this sort of circumstance. A big display will bring press, and then they can espouse their views on it more readily. As well, I would think this would be opportunity, as there are so many trans superheroes in one gathering, which is a prime target to attack and eliminate them. The fact that it is a bit cyclical and may not have been so bad had there not been such a stacked guest list will be addressed in the issue by Bombshell, most likely (as I see her as the first person to chastise the couple for encouraging the villains).

But, should my script be too unweildy, I do have an alternate situation in which Astral and Sparkle can be brought into Hers lliance, which would use far fewe characters, but is not as fun for me to imagine, as it does not feature so many characters I enjoy like that. As well, I don't have a good central antagonist, per se. I'll post the details to this idea if it looks like I might write the script.

Macattack, the Wireless/Shock fight happens out of circumstance. Wireless accompanies Heroes Alliance to the site, and Shock attacks him as soon as he sees him. Wireless may have known Shock was going to be there, but he had no intention of taking him on.

Actually, you may have given me reason to go back a ways in the script and give Wireless more dialogue, to tell that he is afraid of facing Shock. But, as I will do with every character's owner, I will send you a copy of the script when I am done, so you can tweak the dialogue and action as you believe your characters would act. After all, who would know a character better than its creator (unless said creator is Rob Liefeld and the character is Deadpool)?

But even if I don't get this issue up, I may be inspired to do a (more managable) team comic of my own later down the line–a cross-dimensioansgender superhero team. A concept I mention in this script and will expand upon in another comic could serve as a conduit for such a team-up.
Abt_Nihil at 6:06AM, March 22, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
Actually I really have no clue who I'd use as a villain…
I had always wanted to bring back Motherboard (she appeared on HU: EGO). It might depend on what plans Hero has for her, or where he's taken the character since EGO.

Macattack
As for an added fight scene I'm game…. are you thinking something like instead of her snatching the last piece and running away, the heroes confront Wireless AFTER he had given the last piece and left and then they confront her but she manages to set off the super weapon… maybe a mass teleportation device, or dimensional transporter device, or magical summoning spell that brings forth a large unearthly army that the heroes have to face? Or were you thinking something different all together for an additional fight scene?
Well, depends on whether you'd like the “villainess and the mysterious pieces” storyline to be setting up another story… another story in which the secret of what these pieces are actually pieces of is revealed. If there's nothing to set up, the logical thing would be to reveal the “super weapon” (whatever it is) right away.
Macattack at 4:36PM, March 22, 2011
(offline)
Abt_Nihil
Well, depends on whether you'd like the “villainess and the mysterious pieces” storyline to be setting up another story… another story in which the secret of what these pieces are actually pieces of is revealed. If there's nothing to set up, the logical thing would be to reveal the “super weapon” (whatever it is) right away.

Ooooo… set up for another storyline is cool…. especially if it was something like Motherboard was actually setting up PART of a larger plan. Like some mastermind was getting other supervillains in shorter stories to collect parts and at the end they all get put together for that MASTER villain's plan! Or am I thinking too much at this point?
Sebastian_Sandberg at 7:16AM, March 23, 2011
(offline)
Wireless

Wireless being duped by Motherboard… Oh come on, that would be a great match up, they even have theme naming! ^^

I don't think a museum break-in is something that would set off a HA alarm… To be fair, I don't think the HA team even HAS an alarm system like that, and if they do, it would be activated for something more urgent, like a monster attack, alien invasion etc. Something that's not as stealthy as a museum theft, which probably would be something for the normal non-superhero crowd like the police or whatnot to handle.

I just had this… well, not brilliant, but not a bad idea. What if Motherboard, in a tactical maneouvre, provided the HA with details about the robberies while disguised/posing as benefactor?

Robbery 1) A series of robberies has happened, the HA are investigating and looking up details about the items stolen, and decide to place two operatives each on surrounding establishments.
Robbery 2) The second robbery goes off, and all HA members join together with the ones closest at the location to apprehend Wireless. Fighting ensues, he saves one of them from getting hurt and manages to escape, making them wonder if he really was a crook or not, and decides to repeat the plan next time, but before they can head back to the base to rest, another alarm goes off…
Robbery 3) Wireless, knowing fully well that now he has a gang of villains after him, decides to head straight for the next location rather than give the “villains” a chance to get there first. Rule of three, third times the charm. This is where Motherboard reveals herself to HA and Wireless, and sets her fake doomsday weapon up (by fake I mean, not the true goal, but definately still dangerous) and then flees at the end to return to the role of the benefactor that alerted the HA about the robberies in the first place. We also reveal here that she had a so far unrevealed accomplice (could tie in to the Villains Unite-sub plot we seeded hints for as far back as HA #1-2) that stole the REAL pieces when the HA was busy chasing after Wireless and herself, while Wireless is convinced she has only duped him once and vice versa, and replaced them with replicas to avoid further suspicions… This could also be discussed with MrHades to see if it could be tied in with his “Psychosis Wave” finale.

Wheels within wheels…

Admittedly, I haven't read much of Motherboard's story, so I might have the wrong idea of her modus operandi.

As for Virtus…

I wouldn't really call him calm-headed in the DASW after punching a mad god in the face for killing one of his girlfriends simply to make him angry. Then again, that was another non-HA canon version of Virtus…

I really want to put an end to Virtus “outsider lone wolf status” that he has somehow become stuck with whenever he's used in an HA adventure (the first HA-exclusive member that got caught up in HU business back in HA#1-2, and (SPOILER:) working undercover at Ms. Ari's spa in HA#4 before leaving without much explanation) and to provide an explanation for why he's acting so distant in HA #4. I want to make him more trusting of the team, slowly warming up to them. Maybe we could reach both our goals if we co-wrote the story, Mac? A sub-plot would make the issue richer in content. ^^

Wedding Crisis

My first thought is… Will there be a bachelor/bachelorette party? Umm… Or whatever we would call it. XD

I don't know if we have that many villains that would be against such a wedding… But I guess that could be handwaved with most of them being in it for the money.

Either way, you have my full permission to use Virtus in that one, if there is valid reason for him to be there. (He's currently not on the best of terms with the team, but we're working on it). And true to his “Incorruptible Pure Pureness” persona (but not QUITE there yet), a transgender wedding being attacked is of just as much importance to him as any other evil.

Also, who's the lucky bride and groom? ^^
Macattack at 2:03PM, March 23, 2011
(offline)
@ Sebastian
I really like how these ideas of yours are going and totally would love to do the collab on this one. I think it's been growing to something a lot bigger than I had originally expected as I had just intended to write a sort of (meanwhile back at base) short story. One thing I'd say as to your idea with Motherboard contacting them. What if instead of contacting them in disguise (as they've already faced her once) what if instead they had been receiving Anonymous letters for a while now saying stuff like “Hey Heroes, I thought you should know that ___ and ____ is going to be robbed at ____” …. though a little less boy scout sounding and a lot more demeaning. At first they can take these to be just pranks but as each of the letters prove accurate the Heroes left behind begin to get curious and investigate. It would be cool if there was some sort of computer phrase you could use that wouldn't be obvious but at the same time you'd totally clue into at the end. (I have to admit I love the Wireless/Motherboard name thing and totally would want to play off of that at least once). It really builds on Motherboard's character that she's manipulating both sides to keep them too busy to figure things out and builds on the end story even MORE that the entire cover up is just an elaborate cover up for the ultimate plot. I don't know who this ultimate bad guy is…. or if you even have plans yet but I'd totally suggest either someone who you would NEVER expect or someone who you haven't heard from in ages. I love it when stories go twist like that.

As for Virtus being cool headed… Let's admit it, Plague is kind of under extreme circumstances to take a moral personality off of, but what I basically have gotten of Virtus and how he'll interact with HA so far…. and correct me if I'm wrong because I'm assuming a LOT based on what I've seen in human nature in real life. But what I'd say is Virtus will try to fit in… but at the same time will always be a little different. Because he's now just about following orders, he has his moral code and he'll stick to it. I think that by doing that he'll get himself into some pretty tense situations at times… probablly with bombshell who's taken on (even if by public consensus) the leadership of HA more than anyone. But at the same time he'll keep them honest. I mean there were many times throughout the Secret Wars (Sorry for constantly referring back to another community project but it's where I've seen Virtus' character brought out best so far) there were so many times when you're like “Oh man he's going to lose it, he's going to whip them so badly” but at then he wouldn't. And while everyone else was choosing sides, he was supportive but at the same time he (sorry, back to the lone wolf) was his own man who was more concerned about the greater good of everyone else over following orders. Intentional or not you've made a really rich and slightly different hero character and it would be great to see him done justice in hA

There are other characters too like Vora, The Impractical Mr Imp, Comet Kid, and Azumorph who I haven't been able to see enough of to fill my satisfaction but from what I hear from their creators I'd also love to see those characters built out more too as they could play some pretty big roles.

Okay, I've written a LOAD of stuff here and I'm at a work computer with slow internet so let's hope this posts but first

@Abt:

At this point should I consider creating a new thread for this story? Or can we keep spamming this forum? I guess we need to brainstorm a good name for it first. Any ideas under the themes of Deception, computers, betrayal, and those who are left behind?
shastab24 at 4:42PM, March 23, 2011
(online)
That is something to take under consideration, Sebastian. I just sort of figured he would be on the team. There is a line from an exchange between Imp and Spatulator about why the latter is there, and it is mentioned that the teamy be shorthanded, as many members are also in Heroes Unite, and have been ordered to search for Energize (and I would figure some are off on their own adventures). Maybe I could mention that such a reason is why they asked Virtus to come along as well, because they knew they would need manpower, and Virtus is still useful in altercations.

To tell the truth, Virtus has one of the worst times of the bunch. He is the primary character to go up against Phobia, who spends an entire fight dredging up his worst fears. Really, I pity any character going up against Phobia, it's just that Virus seemed a good fit in the situation.

But it makes me wonder about his interactions with Vora, in particular, as I do have her expressing concern for him at one point. If the team is distrutful of him, I may have to rework the scene a little (especially as I have her call him Seb).

And the couple is still up in the air. It is firm that they are non-combatants, making a total of at least four non-combatants at the wedding (including the minister and Jessica Mason's friend Bobby), which is the reason why Bombshell and Shell are not in the main part of the church when the F Man shows up. But I'm going to see wre I can grab the characters. But note: onof them is from the Heroes Unite/Alliance universe, as HUB does mention that at least one of the couple has legally changed their sex (something they only need to do in their own universe). If anybody here wants to create the character, go ahead. I have not specified whether the character identifies as male or female, but I have said that the couple is same sex, so the partner identifies as the same.

Heck, I haven't given the minister any character, either, but I may ask a real person if they want to show up in the comic. We'll see. I need to get past one point where I'm stuck, and once I finish the first draft of the script I can see about some of the other refinements.
Hero at 5:59PM, March 23, 2011
(online)
Ok. I'm caught up. You look away for a month or two and everything really piles up on you. Macattack, you're free to use Motherboard for this, but yeah, like you said, she's probably be a cog in the Ancient or some bigger villains gambit. The whole world domination thing is not her style. She's more of the crime for pay type. Information brokering and manipulation is totally her style, so that whole tricking the heroes by sending them messages is totally up her alley.

Also, feel free to use Comet Kid as much as you want as long as you try to stick to his characterization.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
AzuJOD at 2:13AM, March 24, 2011
(online)
OK, lets see what I can add to this conversation…

Firstly, Macattack, if you want a bigger villain for your story, I offer JOD to be used if you want to. He is all about manipulating people for personal gain. I wanted a story to introduce JOD to HU continuity, but I couldn't think of a good one.

Secondly, shasta, Kraysch would definitely thrive in that sort of environment. However, he does not share the beliefs of The Seraphim, he thinks they're hate filled idiots, (He thinks all humans are hate filled idiots) he's just in it for the money and to show his superiority over everybody (anybody). Hey, could even be a double agent for JOD, I don't know what that would entail, probably betraying the other villains for some reason.
Abt_Nihil at 7:17AM, March 24, 2011
(offline)
AzuJOD
I offer JOD to be used if you want to. He is all about manipulating people for personal gain. I wanted a story to introduce JOD to HU continuity, but I couldn't think of a good one.
Good idea. Since you're his creator - what do you think: what would JOD ultimately want, what would his plans be?

Oh, and Hero? Could you bring me up to speed on what Motherboard has been up to since HU: EGO?
Hero at 8:36AM, March 24, 2011
(online)
Welp, the Ancient bought her out for a one time gig on the Guardbreakers, the Anti- Young Guard initiative he put together for a chapter, kinda got taken out by Thunder-Cat Jr. Since then, she's probably been to jail, broken out or been broken out by prospective employers as the case goes gone back underground, stealing and trading information, hacking for hire.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
LuchaCoffee at 5:38PM, March 24, 2011
(online)
I'm all for my characters being used in the story. Most of them would do it for money so it works, Saint is a harder one to explain. He wants to “Purge” the world so that way it can be made anew, so I'm not sure how he would work, unless he's against the marriage on religious grounds…which could work.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

shastab24 at 11:04PM, March 24, 2011
(online)
I chose Saint because his motivation could be that he can at least get rid of a good amount of people, while also possibly discouraging more beings from coming into the Heroes Unite/Alliance reality. However, this is not enumerated in the script, just why I would think he would be there.

And with Kraysch, I'm thinking he was bored and wanted money, but it would be interesting to try and think of it as something more insidious. I'm using him because of how effective he would be in the situation. And to clarify: the majority of the villains took the job for the money (especially characters like Killerton), but some have a bit of ideology for it (the Metahumanists, I would think, are there because it is a human wedding and they have the added incentive of money). The few that are there for religious principles are the ones which would be truly feuling Kraysch, and Captain Nazi is the main source.

I'm getting quite close to the end of the script. It's been interesting tying in all the characters and trying to make the whole thing coherent. While I think I may have pulled off some things quite well, I may be horribly mistaken, and I'll know that when I send off the scripts to the various characters' creators for editing.

But I've been wondering: if the script does not fit with the flow of the storylines, but can still fit with everything planned, timeline-wise, then should a secondary comic site be created to deal with such a circumstance? If Heroes Alliance had a secondary title, a lot like Astonishing X-Men accomodates for other stories to Uncanny X-Men, what would people think? After all, Heroes Unite did have HU Adventures (though it wasn't exactly the same thing). Of course, I could just be thinking of something that would be far more work than anybody would want, but I would think such a thing could work as a HA Adventures of sort, as well, giving side stories and updates for when the main comic is lagging (as will happen, due to any sort of problems with computers, personal lives and so on–the state of affairs currently with the comic being a prime example).
AzuJOD at 1:03AM, March 25, 2011
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Good idea. Since you're his creator - what do you think: what would JOD ultimately want, what would his plans be?

I had to think about this. The way I see it JOD is interested in procuring items and money from people he thinks shouldn't have them in the first place. He'd steal from corrupt corporations, corrupt politicians, and even other super villains! (One way he could recruit super villains to his cause is steal something of theirs and blackmail them) In fact, he could even target museums on the basis that they have powerful objects that they don't even use, and therefore shouldn't have. He particularly likes to raid museums that have devices that once belonged to retired/dead super villains, as he is an admirer of past villains the same way Azumorph is an admirer of past heroes.

shastab24
The few that are there for religious principles are the ones which would be truly feuling Kraysch, and Captain Nazi is the main source.

Ah yes, Kraysch used to work for the Nazis, but he ended up betraying them and defecting to Russia. (He heard them say that after they get rid of all the Jews and such, they'd get rid of all the superhumans and aliens i.e. him) This, however, won't be a problem him, if anything working with a Nazi will be a nostalgia trip for him!
Abt_Nihil at 5:01AM, March 25, 2011
(offline)
Macattack
should I consider creating a new thread for this story? Or can we keep spamming this forum?
I'm fine with this thread being active for once! ;-)

shastab24
But I've been wondering: if the script does not fit with the flow of the storylines, but can still fit with everything planned, timeline-wise, then should a secondary comic site be created to deal with such a circumstance? If Heroes Alliance had a secondary title, a lot like Astonishing X-Men accomodates for other stories to Uncanny X-Men, what would people think? After all, Heroes Unite did have HU Adventures (though it wasn't exactly the same thing). Of course, I could just be thinking of something that would be far more work than anybody would want, but I would think such a thing could work as a HA Adventures of sort, as well, giving side stories and updates for when the main comic is lagging (as will happen, due to any sort of problems with computers, personal lives and so on–the state of affairs currently with the comic being a prime example).
I'm leaning towards having everything on the same site. In the best case, it will make updates more steady and/or faster. Also, you have to remember that both sites would still be feeding off the same pool of artists, and getting pages from the artists is the primary cause of delays.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the script “not fitting with the flow of storylines” in the first place. ^^; I'll certainly be happy to have a certain diversity on the main site.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon