Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
gullas at 6:01PM, Oct. 26, 2012
(offline)
so I'm home (the fishing village I'm from) for the weekends because my parents decided to go for a weekend trip to Lithuania. And there is sno here! WHY? ffs.
Speaking of snow, I HATE THOSE DAMN XMASS COMERCIALLS here… why people? It's Odin's damn october for Thor's sake… Christmas things, christmas songs, countdown till christmas, christmas music special….
Oh and I haven't forgotten Halloween! I have the exact same hatred on that one as the one I have with the xmas-commercials. I swear, with each and every passing day we are turning a bit more ‘murrican and loosing our sense of nationality, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if next year Thanksgiving would be the sh!t around here…
Lonnehart at 4:44AM, Oct. 27, 2012
(online)
I've always loved giant superrobot battles against evil world destroying enemies. I'm a little less impressed with bots like Gundam. Then again they don't exhibit the super abiliteis that super robots do. I also like to think of super robots as Japan's version of America's “super hero”. Both are rarities, have fantistic powers and fight impossible battles despite their not being logical in the real world (Superman being able to lift a car over his head without it buckling around his hands because of its own weight, or a super robot carrying more missiles than the US Navy has equipped on their ships).

And I ‘guess I’ll share this one video I found. I happen to like it. Especially the “Magnet Pressure” technique. That looks like it would hurt… Oh, and how the end boss of the vid.. well… you should see for yourself.

Youtube Video: Double Jeeg
Lonnehart at 3:35PM, Oct. 28, 2012
(online)
I figure if Pinky TA or other DD characters end up in the future they might run into her, or she may attempt to arrest her…
Hannah Cufs. Cybernetic Police Woman. :)
Ozoneocean at 9:53PM, Oct. 28, 2012
(online)
Sexy hyperboobular!
Also, that Double Jeeg was hilarious! ^_^

Gullas, I feel your pain… It's annoying when elements of another culture intrude into your own. Inevitable, but still irritating.
Most Australians now say “store” intead of “shop” or “shops”, “airplane” instead of “aeroplane”, “crosswalk” instead of “zebra crossing”… and so on.

When teenagers want to sound cool here they talk in Americanised accents. True.
It's funny and sad. …shows how young and silly they are. :)

———

I saw a play on Saturday night- Ghosts, by Ibsen.
I didn't know who it was by when I bought the tickets, I was only going because of a friend, but I recognised the style pretty quickly… Eh, it was better than A Doll's House -lots of drama, family issues, stuff about the stuck up strict moral values of 19th Century Norway… but leavened with a bit of humour.

We were late getting there and the only entrance was through the stage door. A nice actor let us into the ante room and told us to shoot on just as he made his entrance. That was a little scary… almost like being part of the play.
The costumes were pretty decent and looked ok to the untrained eye, but Ozvald's pants were wrong - clip on braces are a no-no! Should have had a higher waist and button braces. …I collect antique trousers, I should know.
And the priest's overcoat was a short naval great coat. It was smart, but didn't fit the play. Should've removed the epaulettes and changed the buttons- easy stuff to do.

I only comment on that because otherwise the costumes were pretty spot on.
Lonnehart at 2:12AM, Oct. 29, 2012
(online)
I wonder if it's true… if a culture doesn't evolve, or refuses to evolve then it will die. I wonder why people cling to traditions that don't work or are counterproductive to their society today. Take for instance many of the Islamic states. They won't embrace outside traditions unless it somehow benefits them. And even then begrudgingly so. Like how the “mullet” hairstyle was deemed by certain islamic governments to be averse to their religion and as result they create new hairstyles for the people to use. Oh, well.. enough about that…

Yeah. Hanna Cufs' chest armor can make her appear to have a bigger bust than she really does… or can that armor barely contain what's inside? Oh, well… being a cybernetic cop she probably won't care. I was a bit surprised when I had her debut in Champions Online. Quite a few jaws dropped whenever she was around (and I'm not talking about the criminals she usually shoots to death with her assault rifle). Oh.. and she does fly tanks to the jetpack she has on her back. :)
last edited on Oct. 29, 2012 2:13AM
Banes at 10:42AM, Oct. 29, 2012
(offline)
I read recently that Americans are using more and more English slang these days…everything's kind of mushing together, huh?
Gullas, it's understandable that you're annoyed, especially when the change feels forced and kind of unnatural.
However, that's no reason for anyone not to listen to our two part forthcoming Halloween Quackcasts!!!
Or Quackcast 99, which is all monsters, myths and mayhem with Tantzerine and Pit Face!!

FormerDDer at 11:13AM, Oct. 29, 2012
(offline)
So, hi. Remember me?
Law school is… well, it's something. How can I explain it to you in a way that you'll understand, without ranting or using expletives? Okay, it's like this; imagine working a full-time job, where what the average person calls “overtime”, you call “a short day.” But in this full time job, you write a check to your employer, not the other way around. That's law school.

It's kind of funny. I am placed on such an extreme emotional roller coaster on a daily basis, that you can actually guess my current mood based solely on what day of the week it is. On Monday, I'm considering dropping out. On Tuesday, I still don't like it, but I'm accepting my fate. On Wednesday, I have no real opinion as to whether or not I like it, and am somewhat numb to it. On Thursday, I actually start to like it. On Friday, I love it, and am thankful for the opportunity to partake in such an exciting educational experience. And on Saturdays and Sundays, I never want to think of anything legal again for the rest of my life. This has happened every week since August.

In law school, there is no homework, not quizzes, no tests. Just one grade, your final exam. Learning in law school is the opposite of how one learns in “normal college”; instead of the student listening to the professor, the professor interrogates the student to the point where the student is now teaching the class. It's standard procedure to walk into class and have your professor say, “Is there a Ms. Smith here? Ah, great. Tell us the legal synopsis of Johns v. Doe. What difference would it make if this fact was different?” etc. Because of this, you must prepare for class every day by “briefing” the assigned cases to read. Failure to prepare for class will reward you with an absence; five of which will reduce your GPA (note: not grade, but GPA) by an entire point.

I can go on and on and describe to you all the wonders of being a legal student, but as it turns out, I'm actually wasting time. I should go back to researching for my take-home final in Legal Research 1. I hope I'm not deterring anyone from the study of law; I'm just saying that I wouldn't wish law school on anybody.
last edited on Oct. 29, 2012 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 10:32AM, Oct. 30, 2012
(online)
Good to see you back Nicky! I wish I'd one to Law School. that sounds fun and horrible at the same time. :(
Banes wrote:
However, that's no reason for anyone not to listen to our two part forthcoming Halloween Quackcasts!!!
Or Quackcast 99, which is all monsters, myths and mayhem with Tantzerine and Pit Face!!
It's up NOP, listen to the Horrorquack!!!!
http://www.drunkduck.com/quackcast/episode-101-horror-mark-ii-part-1

Since the adapter cable from my Cintiq to my new laptop has been messing up I haven't been doing any Pinky TA till I get a replacement…
So I've been drawing on my phone instead.
There are my two latest phone drawings:

http://goo.gl/lZZHg

http://goo.gl/iHXTp

Click 'em to see them full size ^_^
last edited on Oct. 30, 2012 10:39AM
FormerDDer at 2:51PM, Oct. 30, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Good to see you back Nicky! I wish I'd one to Law School. that sounds fun and horrible at the same time. :(

It truly is. The thing about law school is, class itself is great fun (if you like to openly discuss/debate amongst a room of 100+ classmates). Unlike undergraduate institutions, law school classes are completely interactive. It's rare to go to class and do nothing but listen and take notes. That just isn't how it typically works.

The problem is, class is only an hour and a half long. Now you might not see why that's a problem, but… think about this. Remember how I said you MUST be prepared for class? Well, that prep time regularly entails 5-8 hour study marathons in the library (remember, you have 2-3 classes per day, so you prep for all of them). So the sad fact is, for every one and a half hour of “fun class time,” there's about two and a half hours of “I hate my life.” That feeling of negativity only gets amplified when you realize that the 20-page legal opinion that took you an hour to brief, only took twelve minutes of classtime to discuss.
last edited on Oct. 30, 2012 2:57PM
same at 4:09PM, Oct. 30, 2012
(online)
I got a job in marketing today. 40 hours a week with flat rate pay and an uncapped bonus. Begin the hatred! I'm gonna ring everyone one of you about your electrical supplier.
kyupol at 8:59PM, Oct. 31, 2012
(online)
hello there folks. Now is the time to join my fanart contest.
Now holding a fanart contest for my comic:
http://www.drunkduck.com/MAG_ISA/
Prizes are as follows:
1st place =100 deviant art pts + featured on the comic site
2nd place = 50 deviant art pts + featured on the comic site
3rd place =25 deviant art pts + featured on the comic site
consolation prize = feature on the comic site
Deadline: November 30, 2012
Rule:It is straightforward and simple.MAKE IT PG-13 LEVEL.
last edited on Oct. 31, 2012 9:01PM
skoolmunkee at 2:31AM, Nov. 1, 2012
(offline)
Kyupol I will put that in a newspost for you!

I also need to newspost about there being a 24 hour comics account again… no one's sent anything to it. :[ I just finished mine yesterday (belatedly)! But I don't want it to be the only one there….

I've been sick this week, I don't even know what it is. It's inconvenient and unhappy enough that I've been staying home from work (at least to give it to no one else) but I guess it's some kind of… dry cold.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 5:58AM, Nov. 1, 2012
(online)
@Nicky- man,thatstillsoundsprettycoolactually,butIshuddertothinkwhatitmustcost.o_O

@same- congrats man!!!

@Skool-I'vejustbeenwatchingamarathonofDariaepisodes, soIreadoutyourpostinmyheadinthevoiceofDaria.Itwasprettycoolactually.
^_^
Gunwallace at 12:58PM, Nov. 3, 2012
(offline)
I'm writing a few things at the moment (as usual), but one of them is using the screen-writing tutorial that Banes put together. It's a silly little story, but the tutorial notes give it a classic structure that drives it forward really nicely. Thanks, Banes.
I just wish I had more time to write … damn painting and tiling of berooms and hoallway is taking up my weekends, and nights. When the script is written I'll post it somewhere and see if anyone is interested in drawing it … if not it's probably just about Playmobil possible.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Ozoneocean at 6:52PM, Nov. 4, 2012
(online)
Heeeeey Wallace of the guns! ^_^
I'm working with the masterful Banes on Bottomless Waitress, it'll be interesting working with a real writer instead of putting my own crazy stuff into pictures… Scary prospect.
Lonnehart at 8:45PM, Nov. 4, 2012
(online)
Ugh… I feel for the people who were hit by that hurricane on the east coast. It's never easy recovering from a storm like that. Living on a small island and with a storm like that every few years we can recover relatively quickly. But the east coast is far more populated. It could take a good while before they get back on their feet. I wish the best for them. :(
Ozoneocean at 11:57PM, Nov. 4, 2012
(online)
Ayes emailed me back- it wasn't as bad as last year apparently, not the same flooding issues where she is, but it took ages to get the electricity back. Still no word from Bravo, apparently he was in one of the worst hit areas. :(

Yeah, you guys have much worse stoms Lonne! Don't you have a generator in case of electrical shorts? Must make for some pretty interesting times! -and expensive.
bravo1102 at 3:31AM, Nov. 5, 2012
(offline)
As JOhn Carter of Mars would say;
I STILL LIVE!!
There was no power until Sunday and no internet until today. Never thought I'd have to get Red Cross disaster relief water and food. But wife and I are fine.

The time without power gave me a chance to do some writing on some new projects.
Lonnehart at 3:11PM, Nov. 5, 2012
(online)
Great to see you made it through, Bravo. I hate for anyone on the forum to go through the aftermath of a bad hurricane. I mean… a month and a half without power can really be a pain (but in my case that was from an earthquake). I think that while typhoons are devastating to us, hurricanes hurt more in the mainland US simply because of the larger population along the coast, especially those near sea level… Don't know if places like Europe or Australia have been hit with these things…

Been trying to imagine Bravo as a hero in Champions Online just for fun. But for some odd reason he makes me think of Flint from the G.I. Joe cartoon. Either that or I've had too much coffee again…
Gunwallace at 6:46PM, Nov. 5, 2012
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
The time without power gave me a chance to do some writing on some new projects.
Way to find that silver lining. Glad you're okay.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Dragonfire10503 at 8:26PM, Nov. 5, 2012
(online)
What is going on????? I cant get at my comics or anything without this thing popping up called premium plan. Ive never had to pay for my comics before whts going on????
What the fuck is happening??? I just get my power back for this shit? What is wrong with you people??
Ozoneocean at 9:42PM, Nov. 5, 2012
(online)
@ Dragonfire- that issue isn't happening for me, even signed out and on Ie9 with no add blocker. So maybe it was temp and it's over now?
-As to what it was, I'm not 100%, though I have some idea, I'll have to ask Jacob.

@Lonne- Yes, Australia gets devastating cyclones, we call them that here… the difference is that they spin in the other direction from hurricanes… or something. Mostly only ever in the north though. Almost all capital cities are built way out of their typical range.
…Except for Darwin, which was completely flattened and wiped out back in the ‘70s by Cyclone Tracy which came in and then just sat on top of it for ages and ages, grinding the entire place to crap. Rebuilt now though!

And Yay! Bravo is back!
- Though he could just be Bravo’s ghost… Since He sent me almost exactly that in an email and posted the same thing on Facebook…
And it WAS just hallowwen after all!

D:
Lonnehart at 1:43AM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
Wait… there's a plan to make us pay for space to post comics on?
Ozoneocean at 1:54AM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
NEVER!
If we have to pay to post then the site is dead Lonne. Told you that many times.

We talked about a pay feature for EXTRA stuff, not for the same stuff, which would stay as it is.

NO freaking idea what this mediapass shit is right now though so I'm treating it as a negative. I've made a newspost about it and a DD facebook post too: Advice about using Adblocker to get rid of it.
Lonnehart at 2:00AM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
I agree with that. It would kill the site and I'd rather that not happen. I was just a bit freaked out that the site would ask one of our own to pay up when he logged in. T_T
Ozoneocean at 2:16AM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
It's an ad apparently… Jacob is dealing with it.
ayesinback at 6:14PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
!!!

As if Sandy wasn't enough, there's another storm abrewing. Forget the predicted Nor'easter: I'm talking the elections. I've been through quite a few, and this one is one helluva storm.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 6:43PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
Especially with reports of rigged voting machines designed not to allow people to vote for Obama and officials who seem totally unconcerned when it's reported to them…
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/11/this-voting-machine-wont-let-you-vote-for-obama/
It's that some sort of federal crime?
gullas at 7:12PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(offline)
way past my bedtime. I'm rooting for the liberals!
Ozoneocean at 7:46PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
From what I can see the US Republicans are going to win it all. It's pretty close but they're ahead everywhere except the senate and that's super close anyway.
There's a definite and inexorable trend towards Mit the mormon.

Don't know how much vote rigging and fraud (like pretending people need ID) plays into that, but I'd imagine it would have a very small but still statistically significant effect.
last edited on Nov. 6, 2012 9:48PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon