Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
Ozoneocean at 12:32AM, Nov. 21, 2012
(online)
What's your new avatar? John Lennon shaving?
I will look into flatting widgets! Right now I've been mostly colouring around the edges and then using the paint bucket, but anything to try and speed up! Definitely reducing content will be a big thing though too, just because I'm so fussy at drawing. Limiting myself will make the linework faster… or if I DO keep up details I won't try for accuracy of scale, perspective and clean lines so much.

Oh these ladies can suffer for the joy the bring with their bare arses ^_^
Or maybe the heating will be really high in the diner to compensate and that'll be a story point… I'll let Banes know!

——-

Meanwhile, a Pinky TA page update:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Pinky_TA/5414878/

^_^
Ironscarf at 1:43AM, Nov. 21, 2012
(offline)
Not Lennon - it's the Waco Kid, cleaning up his act!

This is the photoshop flatting and multifill plugin I've heard about. Haven't used this one myself as I can't afford the likes of photoshop but I know of people who do their comics with it, so it must work! The Gimp version I tried certainly did - just a matter of adapting your linework slightly to fit the process.

Great new page! I notice you have a couple of really stripped back images on the facebook page too; flat colour and line - very nice. Brings out the design sense.

I can't believe how quiet it is here now. There'll be a special place in hell for Wowio, on that glorious day!

Actual rant: for years I've been nobly protecting the tree at the bottom of my garden from the legions of tree hating swine who would have me cut it down. Now it seems all my efforts were in vain, as some imported mushroom is going to kill my lovely ash, along with almost every other in the UK.
Of course, there's always that chance in 10'000 I have the genetically fungus resistant mutation that makes my tree a protected specimen, meaning it can never, ever be felled - hahahahahaah! take that miserable tree haters!
Oh well, I can dream.

edit: thanks bravo - spelling faxed.
last edited on Nov. 21, 2012 2:38AM
bravo1102 at 2:32AM, Nov. 21, 2012
(offline)
It's Waco Kid, not Wako Kid. As in Waco, Texas as opposed to the Warner Brothers and Warner Sister Yakko, Wakko and Dot.
Wakko

Waco Kid

Thank you. This brought to you by Warner Brothers the studio that brought you both Blazing Saddles and Wakko
Ozoneocean at 4:25AM, Nov. 21, 2012
(online)
Thanks for that scarf! I may try it out, looks expensive for the pro one I'd need , but if it could truly save time It'd pay for itself.
Those flatter images on the facebook site are probably from the crossover thing I did for Pit Face's Putrid Meat. That was fun and a LOT quicker to do, mostly, when I could restrain myself.

- As an aside about Facebook- it's a lot less use as a promo tool for comics than it used to be. Facebbok have made coding changes so nothing from your page shows up in people's feeds, even if they've liked it… so there's not too much point it having a facebbook site as a promo tool at all now.
The other side of that is that it works ok as a general news site for your work due to the posting and gallery tools, but that's about all now unfortunately.

I should'a realised about the Waco kid… hahaha!

I really hope your tree survives man! I'm a lifelong tree-lover myself and I hate to see them cut down.
Genejoke at 9:31AM, Nov. 21, 2012
(online)
There is a point to having a facebook promo page if you're willing to pay too much (in my opinion) to make sure people see it. money grubbing bastids.
Ozoneocean at 8:46PM, Nov. 21, 2012
(online)
Exactly!
And if you want to pay then traditional ads via Project Wonderful or something would be Waaaaay more useful because your audience isn't limited to those who already like your stuff and you can taget your demographic yourself.
Google + is probably more useful now.
Lonnehart at 9:13PM, Nov. 21, 2012
(online)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! Now I know not everyone here celebrates the holiday. Not sure of the meaning long ago, but today we celebrate to be thankful for what we have and not think of what we don't have. I'm sure other countries have similar holidays…
I'm thankful that despite everything Drunkduck continues to keep going. And I'm thankful for everyone who's still here and everyone who came back.
Ironscarf at 2:29AM, Nov. 22, 2012
(offline)
Happy Thanksgiving! I don't know what this is and most explanations I've heard seem pretty far fetched but who cares - it's a party! (that story with the native Americans?)

ozoneocean wrote:
I really hope your tree survives man! I'm a lifelong tree-lover myself and I hate to see them cut down.

The prognosis seems to be that this fungus will wipe out 70-90% of all our ash trees, so it's a re-run of Dutch Elm Disease, which removed that impressive tree from our landscape in the seventies. Apparently this has arrived because we are importing huge numbers of trees - total insanity.

I don't think I ever heard anybody say a good word about facebook and yet everybody uses it. Maybe it will become the next Myspace and Google+ will take over, making Google the overlords of the universe. Eventually we will download our minds into Google and live forever in the cloud - it'll be just like heaven, but with more advertising.
last edited on Nov. 22, 2012 2:48AM
gullas at 4:11AM, Nov. 22, 2012
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! Now I know not everyone here celebrates the holiday. Not sure of the meaning long ago, but today we celebrate to be thankful for what we have and not think of what we don't have. I'm sure other countries have similar holidays…
I'm thankful that despite everything Drunkduck continues to keep going. And I'm thankful for everyone who's still here and everyone who came back.
SPEAKING of thanksgiving, there was one store here who was advertising “The one and only Thanksgiving-Turkey!” I was pretty annoyed by that… But technically, like you are saying I can't be mad at that particular holiday, but I can be mad when it's forcing itself to another culture were it's not relevant…

Tantz_Aerine at 5:10AM, Nov. 22, 2012
(online)
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who observes it! We don't have it in Greece but I'm very familiar with it and its background anyway, so here's to your table being full and plenty, and have things to be thankful for except the weather and your health :P
Gunwallace at 1:16PM, Nov. 22, 2012
(offline)
A random suggestion. Could these forums be rejigged … boiled down into just a couple of threads. I think there's not enough activity and usability to justify the current expansive (and confusing) forum structure, but that's just my two cents worth.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Genejoke at 3:18PM, Nov. 22, 2012
(online)
Or at least some could be archived.
lba at 5:59PM, Nov. 22, 2012
(online)
That would require significantly more effort than it's worth to do. For the time being you're just better off remembering where the few active threads you want are. I would imagine that someday DD will regain it's full vitality, but until then there's really no use in spending time on it.
In any case, I wish you all a good thanksgiving or Thursday/Wednesday (Friday maybe? I don't keep up on this dateline thing like I ought. ) as the case may be. I personally am spending it myself doing an epic job of supervising CQ and battalion staff duties at my local barracks from my hotel room. Never has a thanksgiving feast consisted of so many oreos, potato chips or pop tarts. I've got oreo casserole, oreo dressing, pop tart soufle, pop tart flambe and of course the perennial favorite, potato chips rockefeller. Enjoy all, and I shall see you in another couple weeks or as soon as I see something on the boards that piques my curiousity.
Call Me Tom at 4:57AM, Nov. 23, 2012
(offline)
The roof at work tried to kill me the other day.

That is all.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
bravo1102 at 6:19AM, Nov. 23, 2012
(offline)
I just worked seven of eight hours in complete darkness with no power. The generator pooped out at 8PM, I came on at midnight. The maintenance supervisor just said it'd get taken care of in the morning. Which it was at 7 AM when I had only an hour left on my shift. But overnight was chilly and dark.

Considering the downstairs is totally pulled apart because of Sandy and then an electrical fire when they tried to restore power it felt like I was working on the set of a post apocolyptic thriller. I joked we should rent it out to some indy film crew so they could shoot some cheapo zombie thriller down there. Certainly looks the part.
Gunwallace at 1:11PM, Nov. 23, 2012
(offline)
lba wrote:
That would require significantly more effort than it's worth to do. For the time being you're just better off remembering where the few active threads you want are.
I can remember, most of the time … but the forums must be daunting for anyone not familiar with them.
Ironscarf at 1:29PM, Nov. 23, 2012
(offline)
Gunwallace wrote:
I can remember, most of the time … but the forums must be daunting for anyone not familiar with them.
Rather like an enormous crippled spaceship drifting through the void, in which the few remaining occupants cling desperately to the soup dispenser, praying for life giving minestrone…

Having said that, my favourite soup is currently tom yam.
Ozoneocean at 6:57PM, Nov. 23, 2012
(online)
Havin said that, in series 10 Red Dwarf is actually good again. :)

One of the things Skool and I really do have a lot of power over these days is broard forum structure. We COULD change it all and simplify it right now but lba is riht that it would be a hayyyellll of a lotta work.
(I like trying to emulate a US Southern accent for the word “Hell”)

New forum structure:
- General discussion
- Comics
- Help.

And nothing else…?
Everything else can fit in those since tose are the only active places now ^_^
Maybe?
Gunwallace at 11:40PM, Nov. 23, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Havin said that, in series 10 Red Dwarf is actually good again. :)

One of the things Skool and I really do have a lot of power over these days is broard forum structure. We COULD change it all and simplify it right now but lba is riht that it would be a hayyyellll of a lotta work.
(I like trying to emulate a US Southern accent for the word “Hell”)

New forum structure:
- General discussion
- Comics
- Help.

And nothing else…?
Everything else can fit in those since tose are the only active places now ^_^
Maybe?
I don't want to prompt a “hayyyellll of a lotta work”. It was just a thought. But all things being equal, there are much better, and more creative, things you could all be doing with you time.
Call Me Tom at 10:05AM, Nov. 24, 2012
(offline)
EVERY THING WILL END IN TRIFECTA!
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
lba at 5:35PM, Nov. 24, 2012
(online)
Not sure if that's spam, a link to random crap or what. I have no intent on clicking it without knowing, and I suspect you're in for a bit of a smack on the wrist if it's anything but something amusing to be shared.

Ever have one of those days where you just want to kill yourself of boredom? I got a 4 day pass from duty, and I was planning on using it to get a hotel room away from base, take a break, maybe watch some Netflix or do some drawing. Then I realized that I have watched quite literally everything remotely of interest to me on Netflix and that I went and forgot every drawing utensil I posses back at my desk on base in a locked building. So I've been sitting here, trying to force my way through the non-stop borefest of melodrama that is the Walking Dead ( oh yeah, I went there. ). I didn't think it was possible to run out of things on Netflix, but I've come to the realization that they put all the good stuff and all the more obscure stuff on the DVD portion of their service. The streaming side is mainly blockbusters, portions of trilogies and the TV shows.

I'm slowly being reintroduced to what the world thinks in amusing that I missed for the last couple months though, and all I can say is that you people are well and truly out of your minds. Gangnam Style? I mean really. Out of your minds.
bravo1102 at 12:14AM, Nov. 26, 2012
(offline)
It's simple. Look at the forums and just ignore any topic where the last reply was in a previous month.

So right now I just scan the date of last reply and anything that says a month before September I ignore.

Well the lower level of where I work looks like that abandoned space ship Ironscarf mentioned, but the minestrone ran out quite some time ago and all there is some sort of green cream soup.
ayesinback at 1:44PM, Nov. 26, 2012
(online)
hiya ducks, drunk and otherwise.

Finally getting some stuff off my plate, which is great for Moi. I'd write about it, but it's kinda in the category of who-cares, big-deal, boooooring. But if you want news, try this
(note – nsfw, at least not with the audio on – headphones then?)
maybe this stupid link will work

take a tizzy

— (wildebeests. remember wildebeests?)
OK. the link doesn't work. if so inclined, copy and paste:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82865922/#zkoi6gHiLbJizeyQ.01

(it's worth it)
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Nov. 26, 2012 1:49PM
gullas at 7:26PM, Nov. 26, 2012
(offline)
I hate it when I succesfully manage to fix my sleeping pattern, only to be greeted by work that forces me to revert itself to the bad habits… RAGH *mumblecrumblemumbles*
Ozoneocean at 11:43PM, Nov. 26, 2012
(online)
ayesinback wrote:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82865922/#zkoi6gHiLbJizeyQ.01
Hahahaha! Some bullshit happened! :)
Love your new avi, so bright!

Another day delay with the Quackcast. Ah well.
Will be good when it comes on though, Call Me Tom has a great accent!

—–

A big tall beefy man walked up to me the other day and asked me directions… It was so funny! This great big guy had a squeeky scouser accent, sounded like Harry Enfield doing his Scouse character. Also, he was wearing denim shorts with pockets in the knees… wow.
same at 3:16PM, Nov. 28, 2012
(online)
So I had to quit the job I had because it was commission only and cold calling. Worst job I've ever had. I took 3 weeks working 40 hours and didn't make a single sale. It was torture. I got stranded one day. We went to a city about 70 miles from my town. Not as big a deal to most of you outside the uk I assume but it's the lenght of Northern Ireland more or less. I got left there while the assistant manager who drove me there fucked off. My phone was dead and the car went. I had no way of contacting him so I decided fuck it. He'll be back eventually so I just kept working. No sign of him for hours so I decided I'd need to go around and ask for help. I had to ask if I could charge my phone in random businesses. The only people who let me where a citizens advice place. The cunt had no intention of coming back until before we where leaving. More or less just left me on the outskirts of a shithole after I'd collected all of the nos from the businesses in that area I was just left there so he could go to all of the places himself and make any sales that I may have taken from him. The bastard even ruined one of my sales on me by making the guy take 3 months to think about it. Jesus Christ. Not only did I not get the sale even though the guy wanted to switch he didn't even take the sale. He'll be back in 3 months just so the guy can PROBABLY switch and he can PROBABLY make a sale. Anyway. I've started making webcomics again and posting them on my own site that I've used some host to make. Chance to make revenue or something. Just gonna upload them here too. Might as well since I have the account.
Genejoke at 3:57PM, Nov. 28, 2012
(online)
the moral of the story is NEVER do a job on commision only. I can't believe they get away with that shit, isn't that what minimum wage is for? I know they claim that you should be able to earn more than minimum wage but it so often isn't the case. I applied for loads of jobs only to be told at the last possible moment it's comission only, at which point I laugh in their faces.
Any 80s gamers here? anyone remember elite?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
there's a new one in the works, well should the kickstarter get funded.
Gunwallace at 9:11PM, Nov. 28, 2012
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
the moral of the story is NEVER do a job on commision only. I can't believe they get away with that shit, isn't that what minimum wage is for? I know they claim that you should be able to earn more than minimum wage but it so often isn't the case. I applied for loads of jobs only to be told at the last possible moment it's comission only, at which point I laugh in their faces.
Any 80s gamers here? anyone remember elite?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
there's a new one in the works, well should the kickstarter get funded.
I wasted many a week playing Elite, and would love to see a new one made … but these days I don't even own a PC, just a clunker of an old Mac with an OS that is no longer supported. Sigh.
Ozoneocean at 12:42AM, Nov. 29, 2012
(online)
Sounds like a great game! :)

——-

Same, wow, that's really shitty man. That guy was a dick. Commission only jobs should be illegal and the people who offer them should be punchd in the genitals and set on fire.
same at 6:20PM, Nov. 29, 2012
(online)
I agree with both of you. I also applied for another marketing job and they called the other day to invite me to an interview. I had to ask if it was commission only and even though they said in the job advert that it was 250 - 500 a week they said it was entirely commission. No wonder they phoned the day after I applied to interview me. They need another slave for their sales mining outfit.
Also as for the game. The guy in that video… his jaw line… It almost rates 9000 megacampbells!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon