Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
Ozoneocean at 9:05PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
Well I was wrong it looks like. Still, the vote fraud does need adressing, no matter who wins.
Lonnehart at 10:16PM, Nov. 6, 2012
(online)
My opinion… if it really was a miscalibrated touch screen, the entire screen would've have been affected instead of just Obama's section of it. And yes, Obama won. Still, this is a serious issue and I know it has to violate several federal laws concerning voting. I think someone is already going to send the suggestion that the voting machines should be on a local network to lessen the possibility of the voting data being altered…
Tantz_Aerine at 1:51PM, Nov. 8, 2012
(online)
Just installed adblock on chrome… the sheer PEACE!
Lonnehart at 6:49PM, Nov. 8, 2012
(online)
Looks like I may have to switch to Google Chrome myself. Apparently my current version of Explorer will no longer be supported, but I'm not going to switch operation systems yet.
Ozoneocean at 8:45PM, Nov. 8, 2012
(online)
Ad block makes pages load faster and work so much smoother too.

Ad designers need to pull their face out of their arseholes and follow the lead set by virus designers: If it doesn't impact people's computing expereince negatively then they won't get rid of it.

I think everyone should install ad-blockers till these F%$*&ing advertisers get the F^%&ing message they their ads suck.
gullas at 10:13AM, Nov. 9, 2012
(offline)
spent more time on the banner above my comic rather than my comic today…
I'll prolly resize it as a web banner sooner or later, but I like how it came out :

*edit* wovio, y u always 502 drunkduck?
last edited on Nov. 12, 2012 2:31AM
lba at 5:08PM, Nov. 10, 2012
(online)
I'm slowly developing free time again. This is a good thing since it means I can now spend time posting on my favorite sites again. Unfortunately it also means I have plenty of time to be distracted and/or potentially get myself in trouble, because TRADOC ( the army's training branch ) sucks collosally. I find myself wishing that officer schools were still segregated, because having women around is quite the distraction. I spend half my time sitting awkwardly next to them trying not to have conversations or sit on the same piece of furniture lest I get in trouble for fraternizing. Because we all know babies is what happens when you sit on the other end of a couch from a girl.
They also need to bring back O clubs. Because there's nothing that makes you want a drink more than a good solid 10 hour day of sitting through lectures on 260 years worth of military history crammed into the space of 8 days.
Ozoneocean at 7:05PM, Nov. 11, 2012
(online)
The problems with the 502s are being looked into by a professional right now :)

—-

Officer training sounds fun ^_^
Boo to the non fraternisation thing though… Separating the sexes like that leads to social problems and is probably the main cause of all the abuse you hear talked about, not a way to prevent it, as they mistakenly believe.
- People who have less familiarity with seeing others as fellow social human beings who have the same wants, needs, and feelings, are more likely to become abusers. If they see their female counterparts as “others”, alien, and untouchable it creates the ideal mentality for rapists. >:|

———-

Gawd…. aching head… and the office is too cold… If you desperately need to have the air-conditioner blasting cold air all the time it's a good sign you need to lose weight. My co-worker should exercise more.

A new page of Pinky TA will go live on Wednesday. This is your 72 hour warning!
Gunwallace at 10:42PM, Nov. 11, 2012
(offline)
The problems with 502s are being looked into ….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Ozoneocean at 11:19PM, Nov. 11, 2012
(online)
Shutup Gunwallace. They're our "Top" men. >:{

Men

Best warehouse skills in the bussiness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L_DLJK4o2YM
last edited on Nov. 11, 2012 11:28PM
bravo1102 at 12:46AM, Nov. 14, 2012
(offline)
Nice to know this stuff is in the hands of a bunch of Wally-world stock guys from Kentucky. Though of course it wouldn't surprise me if the Chinese slave labor who builds these things don't toss them around too.

I worked in bargin electronics, I know how the stuff is handled. I would never buy anything breakable from myself. I want to break things myself thank you very much!
Ozoneocean at 2:53AM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
Hello Bravoblaster!
Wow, this place is getting deader :(
Pinky TA got an update, finally…
- http://www.drunkduck.com/Pinky_TA/5414084/
I went to see the Danday Warhols in concert last night. It was great, except the sound guys were terrrrrrible… You almost couldn't hear any of the vocals because those imbeciles had set things up so badly, so much so that even with no music playing and just someone speaking into the mic it was almost totally obscured by stray distortion from the guitars in people's hands.
Those sound guys deserve to lose their jobs, that's embarrassingly bad, not a good way to serve touring bands. Maybe they're more used to dance stuff, which is a lot more simple than real musicians with instruments and actual vocals…?

Annnnnd I forgot to do the newspost for this week's Quackcast so I had to do the entire thing on my phone. Even with a big screen, fast phone that wasn't a simple task. But I'm glad that I was able to do it :)
Lonnehart at 12:57PM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
The Chintendo Vii!!!
Chintendo Vii commercial

Aaand the review…
Ashens Review of the Vii

This is why I don't totally trust video game console commercials.
Tantz_Aerine at 2:16PM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
Did the duck's url suddenly change, dropping the ‘drunkduck’ only now or should I have noticed that way earlier?
Lonnehart at 2:24PM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
The url still works for me. Maybe it's just some random hiccup of the internet. I hope…
bravo1102 at 2:26AM, Nov. 15, 2012
(offline)
The url still woks here too. Any sudden change there would make things even worse than they already are.

Mean changing links all over the place and people having to do stuff they thought they wouldn't have to do again.

I really am as stupid as I think I am. Then there are times when I outdo myself as to how blindly insensitive I can be.
Tantz_Aerine at 6:48PM, Nov. 15, 2012
(online)
it's back to normal url for me too now. I'm not sure what that was all about.
Ozoneocean at 7:44PM, Nov. 15, 2012
(online)
I feel weird saying “the Duck”. It makes less sense to me than “Drunk Duck”.

“Drunk Duck” sounds silly, like it's a name that's not supposed to be taken at face value, like it MUST mean something other than it sounds like, so its use for a webcomic community hosting site makes perfect sense.

“The Duck” only makes sense in context of the existence of “Drunk Duck”, it's only a reference to that name.
Aside from that it sounds like it's referring to something, and if you don't know what that something is (Drunk Duck), then you're out of luck. Its use as a replacement name only makes sense to Duckers themselves, and therefore no sense at all since we don't need a replacement.

The name was changed so it'd be easier to market the site to advertisers, because advertisers are very stupid, nervous, sneaky, jittery people… probably all hyper conservative religious types whore secretly addicted to hyper SM bondage in the bedroom and anullingus.
Be that as it may… It probably would've been better to change the name to something more obviously about comics.
(Even a name like “Kablam” sets my teeth on edge, the guy who thought of that deserves spiders in his urethra).
Ironscarf at 11:32AM, Nov. 16, 2012
(offline)
Gadzooks Ozone, that's fighting talk!
Where do I sign?
Tantz_Aerine at 4:55PM, Nov. 16, 2012
(online)
Ozone, there's always the drab sensible avenue in naming then, like “Sequential Art Index” or S.A.I. XD

…wait isn't sai a cool ninja weapon?
Genejoke at 3:06PM, Nov. 19, 2012
(online)
Still I lurk, ready to pounce on the unwary… at least when I'm not at work. I miss when this place was active, I wonder if anything can be done to reverse the downward trend or is DD as far gone as it seems?
Ironscarf at 4:37PM, Nov. 19, 2012
(offline)
He's backstage somewhere, drowning his sorrows in bourbon. Meanwhile, this talentless upstart is hogging the limelight and driving away all the regulars - I wish he'd make a comeback. (Damn you useless forum, for not letting me embed Gene Wilder as The Wako Kid).
Ozoneocean at 9:28PM, Nov. 19, 2012
(online)
You could settle for a pic of him :)

I think part of the trouble is that many people who were active in the past just naturally get less active as life changes for them and become lurkers… new people would normally always be replacing them and making the transition unnoticeable. Lurkers would be encouraged by that activity to sometimes come back and join in.

Buuut, there are no new people to replace the old ones so it's jarring instead.
There ARE new people joining the site all the time (way less than before though), but because of the opaque forum structure the place seems less attractive to come and be a part of the community. :(

Aaaaand most people have moved the majority of their online social activity to things like Facebook and Twitter these days anyway. The dicks. :)

———-

My new comic with Banes is coming on apace!
Bottomless Waitress is a thing people! I even have the domain name to prove it now! Just have to host something there…
I will show some art soon ^_^
Ironscarf at 1:56AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(offline)
I still haven't joined Twitter or facebook - absolutely no idea what they are for. I should probably take the plunge, though I know I'll regret it.

You have a comic called Bottomless Waitress? Can you provide a link - I am not confident of enlisting Google's help on such a title.
Ozoneocean at 3:52AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(online)
Nothing is really up yet, but I've put this temp page up on DD:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Bottomless_Waitress/

Unfortunately DD is a bit limited for the sorts of things I'd like to do… can't have pages wider than 960 pix, no domain name stuff etc, so when I get my act together Bottomless Witress will have its very own site. No hosting stuff ^_____^
bravo1102 at 4:06AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(offline)
You know that typo of bottomless witress got me thinking of something called Bottomless Witness or Bottomless Witless For whatever inspriation they may provide feel free to use.

Bottomless and Witless sounds like just another weekend in Bangkok.
Ozoneocean at 4:36AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(online)
Hahaha, I like Bottomless Wintress :)
She'll be a sexy blonde in fur bikini and accessories… sans bottoms! Oh my!

Woot! http://www.bottomlesswaitress.com should now work… but only points to DD. Still, you need to start somewhere!
Ironscarf at 5:34AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(offline)
Going for an ‘inked’ style I see - I haven't seen your take on that before; looks very promising. How do you find that, compared to your more painted style, in terms of how long it takes to produce a page?
I realise this is not the proper thread for such discussions, but since we are all huddled around one campfire…
Ozoneocean at 5:48AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(online)
Well I still do outlines normally, it's just that they're grey so they merge with the colour when set to multiply… but yeah, the colour style here is a cell-shaded approach.
I can't honestly say how long it'll take to do a page yet though since I haven't done one yet… but it does seem a lot faster to colour so far because I'm not second guessing all the tones and things- it's just “pick one colour for each thing” and then use a darker tone for the shadows and that's all.

I've always, always wanted to try that manga approach but always been seduced away by the rest of my palette… it just cries out to be used ^_^

I'm planning on doing minor characters and backgrounds even simpler- just linework with monochrome colour tones, Like all sepia or something like that. And if drawing the linework takes too long (probably will with me), then I'll just paint in rough blobs all in monochrome tones with minimal lines to outline broad structure.
Ironscarf at 9:27AM, Nov. 20, 2012
(offline)
You could even use one of those ‘flatting’ widgets, to isolate different colour areas. Some people get good/faster results that way, although I haven't had any success with them myself - my pages had too many lines I think. I've tried different techniques and concluded there's not much difference: you only save time by consciously reducing the content on the page, usually by cutting back on detail - not necessarily a bad thing.

I look forward to seeing your ongoing results with this. But won't those poor ladies catch a chill? Some establishments get awfully draughty this time of year, what with doors constantly opening and closing and such!
last edited on Nov. 20, 2012 9:29AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon