Comic Talk and General Discussion *

And NOW: the Casting AND Artist Call for the 2012 DD Radio Play and Comic
ayesinback at 8:41AM, March 15, 2012
(online)
NickyP wrote:
Is it just me, or is that kiwi site making all the sound clips sound.. hollow, or something? Like they're being spoken from tube. I know my recording didn't sound like that before, at least.
there is a bit of a hollow sound, but I suspect it might be caused more from converting the wma file to an mp3 format than from posting the file to the kiwi site.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
rokulily at 1:24PM, March 16, 2012
(online)
i'll chip in with any extra pages that needs doing!
ayesinback at 3:54PM, March 16, 2012
(online)
Roku sweetheart - that sounds like page 4 to me <3

with maybe 14 in a holding pattern?
Banes at 4:29PM, March 16, 2012
(offline)
I'll volunteer for page 7

gullas at 8:43AM, March 17, 2012
(offline)
I can do page 8.
ayesinback at 10:42AM, March 17, 2012
(online)
Excellent! Thanks Banes and Gullas!
Ozoneocean at 2:03PM, March 17, 2012
(online)
PAGE 5 IS MINE!!!!!!!!!

That's this page right?
http://www.drunkduck.com/2012_DD_Radio_Play/5383717/
????

I want that one please.

“Legs up the the Wazoo” is my speciality.
ayesinback at 2:10PM, March 17, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
PAGE 5 IS MINE!!!!!!!!!

That's this page right?
http://www.drunkduck.com/2012_DD_Radio_Play/5383717/
????

I want that one please.

“Legs up the the Wazoo” is my speciality.
hahaha - it's totally yours XD
tylinn at 9:40PM, March 18, 2012
(offline)
If I may, I would like to do page 10. Though I'm not entirely sure about how this works! Are there references for what these guys all look like? And is there size dimentions to be aware of? Otherwise, this sounds like tons of fun! Maybe I'll even send in a voice!
FormerDDer at 12:42AM, March 19, 2012
(offline)
I'm not sure about the size anddimension, but basically, everything about the comic page is 100% up to your interpretation. The same story being told in a huge mix of different styles is what makes it fun! Design the characters however you want them! I remember in last years comic, someone designed Max McDuff with like a shoe for a head or something. I can't remember what, but I know it was goofy.

Also, you should totally try out for a part, tylinn! It's pretty fun, even if you don't win a role. And if you DO end up winning, then you get 3 minutes of fame on the site!
ayesinback at 5:53AM, March 19, 2012
(online)
Hey tylinn! and welcome! Like NickyP said, just do your own thing:)

You can check out last year's comic to get an idea. All the dialogue in the comic was originally verbatim (nearly) script. And please post any questions or comments. Like making fun of voice try-out Vera-01 (I know I do.)

More Radio Play News: Huzzahs (and belated Happy Birthday) to GULLAS - who was the second artist to get his pages in. Ah - the ways of the wikings.

And More: The Captain of The Imperial Guard has suggested that those artists who have Ling on their page may like to have Ling wear a T-shirt or cap that reads “U.S.S. Ling SS-29” as a running gag throughout The Duck Always Jokes Twice.
(The Captain has a proclivity for that which is military - but we already knew that, didn't we.)
last edited on March 19, 2012 12:39PM
gullas at 8:31PM, March 19, 2012
(offline)
@Ayes, I guess it has something to do with the plundering side of me… can't stay too long on any one assignment, must plunder for moar. And thank you for the Huzzash!
ayesinback at 5:51PM, March 23, 2012
(online)
LAST CALL!

The Czarina reminds all ducks that Sunday is the last day to send in a voice try-out submission because on Monday -Dun dun DUN -

the Voting Begins!

Who will be Which player in our fantastic The Duck Always Mambos Twice? Well, you help decide!! Yay! beginning Monday.
PIT_FACE at 8:02PM, March 23, 2012
(online)
ill take one Ayes! just slap my name on whatever one works.

ayesinback at 6:22AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
ill take one Ayes! just slap my name on whatever one works.
FanTAStic!! You are now the proud owner of page 15 - do with it as you will!

So, we still have a few orphan pages, folks. It's not too late to be part of a super comic, and I mean super!

Skreem is the third artist to send in his finished page and -omg omg omg- It's Great! We only have a collection of three pages (from Niccea, Gullas, and Skreem) and the comic is already awesome!!

may I hear a WOOT?
Banes at 7:46AM, March 24, 2012
(offline)
WOOF!

oh…i screwed up.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

bravo1102 at 7:57PM, March 24, 2012
(offline)
I just love it when a plan comes together.
Only two pages left unclaimed.
And the voting starts Monday for voices? Tough one there. Seems some links don't work as I keep getting “File not found” Was it sabotage to keep some voices from being heard?
ayesinback at 8:45AM, March 25, 2012
(online)
My Dear Captain, this morning I was also experiencing difficulty. Chrome claimed it couldn't find the files. bother!

So I uploaded the files to tindeck (which today I could do - whereas two weeks ago, nuh uh) and after I finished, then Chrome seemed to be able to find the kiwi files.

So the Good Ducks of DD can choose to listen to the recordings via kiwi OR tindeck - because that's the kind of high class operation we have going on here.

Tomorrow the voting begins! happy listening, y'all
last edited on March 26, 2012 9:13AM
ayesinback at 9:12AM, March 26, 2012
(online)
The THINKABLE Has Happened!!

It's the first day of voting and The Czarina has already received two ballots! Thank you voters!
But - wait a minute - do these two have any taste? Any sensibilities? Any savoir faire?

Are you going to let Them decide the fate of the radio play actors? Are you going to abdicate your right to hear who you want to hear?

I don't think so. Because voting is SO Easy. Just copy this list -

Annabelle Acme:
Bill Duck:
Doctor Morose:
Frenchy:
Ling:
Maxwell Mcduff:
Narrator:
Professor Mallard:
Robber:
Vera Vavoom:

and then after the character name, give the number of the recording you are voting for.

Then PQ the list to me, or email it to drunkduck100@yahoo.com, or just post it right here.
And voice actors - and you know who you are - I strongly recommend that if you want a part, be sure to vote for yourself!
gullas at 6:20PM, March 26, 2012
(offline)
anyone else having problems with the recordings? Becuase I only managed to listen to about a half of them before getting errors about not finding the recordings…

*edit*
huh but now they all work? strange… strange one indeed. I think it could've been a connection problem from my half but oh, you never know…
last edited on March 26, 2012 6:22PM
FormerDDer at 6:31PM, March 26, 2012
(offline)
I didn't vote for myself last year, and I don't plan to do so this year either! :P Raise the roof for “fair and square,” woot woot!
bravo1102 at 10:26PM, March 26, 2012
(offline)
The problem is by this point between the Quackcasts and last year's radio play some of us know know everyone's voice so not voting for oneself is hardly an issue. I know who is doing each voice merely from hearing them week after week on the Quackcast so it becomes not who is doing a voice but how they are doing it.

And of course for me I have a predjudice against my own voice.
theorah at 2:40AM, March 27, 2012
(online)
**wobbles into the forum thread sleepily and just in time**
Sign me up for drawing page 14 AND 16!! whooo! I made it! XD
And I'll try wade through all the recordings too and vote in time @_@
last edited on March 27, 2012 2:42AM
ayesinback at 6:28AM, March 27, 2012
(online)
Yay! Welcome to the merry band of artists, theorah! Sunnylee has already agreed to adopt page 16 so, dear theorah, you can breathe life into page 14. and I know you will XD

And that means ALL of the pages have been adopted!!!!! If The Czarina could be assured she wouldn't break her neck, she'd be cartwheeling down the street with mad joy!!

So - uh, yes, generous artists: please do not be shy about asking whether or not it makes sense to illustrate EXACTLY what's on your adopted page.
I regret not going through and cleaning up widows/orphans before posting the pages, so on some pages it might make sense to have a top (or ending) line flow to another page if it's the end (or beginning) of a scene.

*we'llseehowthat goes*

Yeah, the recordings. I'm not very happy with kiwi6. Out of the blue I experienced “file not found” only to have it found later. I would have used tindeck from the beginning, but the day I first started posting the recordings, tindeck was having probs.
SO - if you're having probs with the first list of links (the kiwi ones), there's a second listing of the same recordings that link to tindeck. Hopefully one of the servers will be running smoothly when you want to listen to the voices.

But I'm delighted to report that FIVE have toughed it out and have both listened to the recordings AND sent in their votes. Right now, there's only one clear “mandate” (and it may not be who you would presuppose . . .). Otherwise, it looks like someone used a shotgun in the rifle range.

So - PLEASE send in your votes!

Your Czarina thanks you.
last edited on March 27, 2012 6:32AM
Banes at 7:07AM, March 27, 2012
(offline)
Agreed with NickyP - didn't vote for myself either. There were so many choices for almost every role, which is great!

As far as recognition, I recognized some, was sort of sure about a few others, and had no clue with others. I tried not to think about it. Not thinking comes naturally, luckily…

This thing is exciting! Taking shape so quickly!

Ozoneocean at 9:09AM, March 27, 2012
(online)
I'd like to vote… still too fricken busy though :(
I will be voting for myself exclusively, especially for all the most inappropriate roles!

Yeah, I really have an egotist, but I won't actually do that :)
ayesinback at 10:10AM, March 28, 2012
(online)
*sigh*

no votes today.

only a bunch of freakin tumbleweeds (escapees from Townston, I believe)
last edited on March 28, 2012 10:15AM
Gunwallace at 12:06PM, March 28, 2012
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:
*sigh*

no votes today.

I could vote a couple more times if that would help? ;-)
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Niccea at 4:39PM, March 28, 2012
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:

*Grabs a modified uber-flame thrower and a ballot* I'm on it
bravo1102 at 8:20AM, March 29, 2012
(offline)
The choices are really, really hard. I listened to them again and again ever since they were uploaded trying to decide and even then it was down to the last minute, except for my entries of course they were out of the running the minute I recorded them.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon