Networking & Community Projects*

Drunkduck anthology comic for fundraising, possibly a patreon exclusive.
Genejoke at 4:34PM, Oct. 4, 2019
(online)
I pitched this idea a while back as a hypothetical and I'm now going to try and make it happen. Ozoneocean wants to raise more funds to properly improve drunkduck and I'm hoping this will help.

The aim is to make a one off anthology comic by us drunkduck creators. All the content will be original and exclusive to the anthology which will either end up as a Kickstarter or patreon reward. The exact nature of which I'm not sure of and that will get hashed out nearer time of completion. It will be released as a digital download and hopefully a limited print run if there is enough interest and if it can be cost effective.

At this point I'm after volunteers to help make this a reality. I'm advising to use the Ka blam template to make it easier in case a print version happens.

What am I after? Short, complete and stand alone stories. Any genre and up to and including M rating. One other thing I would ask is that they are exclusive to the anthology and not freely available to read elsewhere, we are trying to raise funds for drunkduck here after all.

By stand alone I mean stories that can be read and understood without the reader needing to have read something else.

By short I mean anything from a single page strip to 20, maybe even 30 pages. I'm aiming for 100-200 pages in total. That way if it goes to print it will be a decent sized read and have a spine and will hopefully make a nice product that you would happily have on your shelf with your graphic novel collection.

By complete I mean that it comes to a reasonable conclusion and doesn't require further reading. Of course ideally you want the reader to want to read more of your work.

Why should you help? Well that's up to you, but if you'd like to support drunkduck this may well help do that. It could also be a good showcase of your work. While I don't expect it to reach a huge amount of people, there's a chance it might. On the flip side it might just be an enjoyable collaborative exercise.

How can you help? How would you like to?
If you can make a strip or story for it, fantastic!
If you'd like to write a story for someone else to illustrate, fantastic!
If you'd like to illustrate someone else's script, also fantastic!
Maybe you'd just like to help put this thing together, that would also be very helpful.
Or maybe you'd like to help in another way, I'm open to suggestions.

Is your work good enough? Probably, most of us here are hobbyists and amateurs, I'm not looking for professional quality stuff. Rhat said, surely you want it to be of a quality you are proud of.

Each story should have some kind of title page. This could be a cover page, a simple title page or whatever. I'm also thinking a page after that has some info about the creators and their other works.

I'm not setting a deadline at this point, just gathering names and getting things started. That said it would be nice to release it early next year, if possible.

last edited on Oct. 5, 2019 7:12AM
KAM at 6:25AM, Oct. 11, 2019
(online)
Indiegogo seems to be the better crowdfunding platform for comics.
The KAMics - my cartoons
KAM's Fanart - fanart
KAMics Kast - cast pages
damehelsing at 1:43AM, Oct. 14, 2019
(offline)
I just saw the facebook post regarding this (I hardly hop on the forums so I tend to miss these things) but yeah I would totally love to participate, I would love to create a story as well as help organize this.

So far from what I understand, there is no theme besides basically, originality?

I wouldn't mind creating a side piece for Scarred Eden where no extra reading is required and definitely just feels like a short story, but I'll need to draft something up.

If you need help at all in terms of organizing, (since I wouldn't know where to step in) you're more than welcome to send me a personal quack and I'll see if I can help. I've never participated in anything like this but always wanted to.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 10:36AM, Oct. 14, 2019
(offline)
Sounds awesome! I LOVE this site and I would love to help out(Y) I'm still green when it comes to creating webcomics, but I do think I am capable enough to make a worthwhile contribution. I have tons of ideas for short stories and I love to both write and illustrate. If analogously hand-drawn art, scanned-in and digitally edited, computes with the final product, then I will gladly produce a story as my contribution to this anthology(Y)
hushicho at 12:45PM, Oct. 14, 2019
(offline)
I don't know how lengthy of a story I can commit to, but if you organize things and take care of the fiddly administrative business, I'm sure this can be accomplished well! It'll probably be best if you have some templates for formatting and a general idea of formats this will be released in, as well as a good schedule and strategy to spread awareness of the project's release.

I've done numerous anthology projects and even organized my own, so I'm all for the idea. I think it tends to bring together the best of people's work, and it's something that a wide audience can enjoy.

As this develops more, I hope you'll keep us all in the loop. It's a very exciting project idea, and I think it could at least raise a portion of the needed funds, not to mention spread awareness of the site.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Hawk at 7:29PM, Oct. 14, 2019
(online)
I'd love to contribute. My time is very limited lately with work and just trying to keep up with updating my comic itself, so I'd love it if there could be comics that contribute short, self-contained one- or two-paged gag stories.
KAM at 5:40AM, Oct. 15, 2019
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
One other thing I would ask is that they are exclusive to the anthology and not freely available to read elsewhere, we are trying to raise funds for drunkduck here after all.
Missed this the first time I read it. I don't have a problem with a period of exclusivity, like say a year or two, but permanent exclusivity would be unfair.
The KAMics - my cartoons
KAM's Fanart - fanart
KAMics Kast - cast pages
cdmalcolm1 at 6:46AM, Oct. 15, 2019
(online)
I have a story I was going to release on my profile page as an attempt to save the HA Universe. It is long shot but I think the story would work better on this community project. I guess I should start writing it. PQ me if you have questions on the story. At this point I don’t know how many pages it will be and if I have time to color it. A deadline will help me focus. Is March 2020 good?
Albino Ginger at 2:54PM, Oct. 16, 2019
(offline)
I’d be interested in doing something short for this!
Genejoke at 8:44AM, Oct. 21, 2019
(online)
KAM wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
One other thing I would ask is that they are exclusive to the anthology and not freely available to read elsewhere, we are trying to raise funds for drunkduck here after all.
Missed this the first time I read it. I don't have a problem with a period of exclusivity, like say a year or two, but permanent exclusivity would be unfair.

Yes, I had been thinking that as well but haven't nailed down anything. At the end of the day it's all voluntary so it's not like there will be contractual obligations. That said I think a reasonable exclusivity period would be good.
Genejoke at 10:21AM, Oct. 21, 2019
(online)
damehelsing wrote:
I just saw the facebook post regarding this (I hardly hop on the forums so I tend to miss these things) but yeah I would totally love to participate, I would love to create a story as well as help organize this.

So far from what I understand, there is no theme besides basically, originality?

I wouldn't mind creating a side piece for Scarred Eden where no extra reading is required and definitely just feels like a short story, but I'll need to draft something up.

If you need help at all in terms of organizing, (since I wouldn't know where to step in) you're more than welcome to send me a personal quack and I'll see if I can help. I've never participated in anything like this but always wanted to.

Help would be appreciated, although at this stage it's very much hashing out what's what.
Genejoke at 10:22AM, Oct. 21, 2019
(online)
Hawk wrote:
I'd love to contribute. My time is very limited lately with work and just trying to keep up with updating my comic itself, so I'd love it if there could be comics that contribute short, self-contained one- or two-paged gag stories.

That works just fine. Gags and one pagers are a good to break up longer stories.
damehelsing at 10:06PM, Oct. 21, 2019
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
damehelsing wrote:

Help would be appreciated, although at this stage it's very much hashing out what's what.

I think the best place to start is by setting a deadline in terms of people putting in their name for the participation.
That way we can come up with a limit on pages, so let's say we get 10 people who wanna do this anthology and we set the limit to 150, each person can have 15 pages to do a short story and if their story runs under the 15 pages they can maybe put in special art work, offer up their remaining pages to someone or just not worry and go down a few pages for the anthology.
There is no theme so that's not something we need to worry about.
Seems like the Duck has always been pretty much open on whatever rating but I do think if we want to do one anthology (so we don't need to add in extra work) we can set the max rating to R so it's more… approachable(?) to potential outsiders, but if you still wanna go into the sexy category then we can always do the NSFW option.
After all this maybe forming a group, if anyone has discord, or any other way to make a group chat to work on this, I think that would be best to settle in what's gonna be added and keep up to date with what we're doing as well as coming up with plans or maybe if someone needs assistance, after that maybe set an actual deadline to hand in the pieces for the anthology.

Right now though, we definitely need to figure out who wants to do this and potentially how many people, if not many people participate then this might not work out the way we want it to, if we get good feedback on the amount of people next step would be setting a deadline for people to put their names in, after everything has been planned it might be a nuisance for someone to pop in out of nowhere and wave their arms around saying they wanna participate and then we have to potentially wait even longer.
As cruel as that sounds someone coming in late can cause setbacks and it could change the page limit, adding extra work/more planning. :(

That's the best I got with planning for the moment, first step is definitely seeing how many people wanna join and then bam! Deadline!
damehelsing at 2:03PM, Oct. 22, 2019
(offline)
By the way, for maybe the people who are more of writers but would like to participate, are written short stories with maybe a piece of illustration allowed?
Genejoke at 3:33AM, Nov. 28, 2019
(online)
Absolutely, there may be artists without scripts and I'm sure I can find someone to illustrate them.

I've been quiet due to an operation and such but now I'm getting on this properly. My story for it is underway and coming along well.

damehelsing at 5:37AM, Nov. 28, 2019
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
Absolutely, there may be artists without scripts and I'm sure I can find someone to illustrate them.

I've been quiet due to an operation and such but now I'm getting on this properly. My story for it is underway and coming along well.

That's good to know! I'm glad to hear you're okay! :)
last edited on Nov. 28, 2019 5:38AM
Genejoke at 9:25AM, Dec. 7, 2019
(online)
I'm provisionally going to aim for end of march for deadline, but we'll see how things go. With secret santa and holidays I won't push this much until new year so may need longer.
damehelsing at 1:31AM, Feb. 7, 2020
(offline)
It's been awhile since there has been an update on this. I'm sure everyone has had their hands busy, just wondering if this is still a thing.
If it is, what exactly is the deadline in March for?
Is it for people who want to join/participate or is it a “finish your anthology piece” deadline?
plymayer at 5:19AM, Feb. 9, 2020
(online)
Could be fun.

I would like to contribute.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 8:49AM, April 7, 2020
(offline)
Hello again

I just wanna update myself on this thing for those who don't know, I've started to draw digitally recently and I think I'm getting a hang on it. So if this anthology project is still going to kick off at some point, whenever we decide to pick it up, I can supply my contribution digitally. That
is all. Would be nice to hear from you again, Genejoke, just to know you're alright and all👍
last edited on April 7, 2020 8:51AM
tinchel at 4:17PM, April 20, 2020
(offline)
Hey, I know im late.

I'd be more than happy to contribute where I can. Besides comics, I'm proficient with Adobe suites and have an eye for design.

I have some short stories that might work.
Let me know if this is still a thing!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon