Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Happy 2022! General Discussion Thread
sleeping_gorilla at 2:33PM, Dec. 21, 2022
(offline)
Oddly enough I met Howard Caine (Major Hochstetter) and played music with him and his son when I was younger. He was old and didn't like kids much, but I remember him being funny. He played Arkansas Traveler, which is a funny song. He didn't mind me being there because I did not talk much and could play a little bit.

He even did his line “Who is this man!” and talked about Hogan's Heroes a little bit.
J_Scarbrough at 3:37PM, Dec. 21, 2022
(offline)
Howard Caine came from my state.

I got to meet Jamie Farr at the Fanboy Expo this past summer (Loretta Swit and Jeff Maxwell were supposed to be there as well, but Jeff fell ill, and Loretta's flight had been canceled); unfortunately, I didn't get to spend a lot of time talking with him, but it was such an honor to get to meet Klinger!

I know I look like Radar (and I'm even considered the real-life Radar), but again, for the record, I wear the cap and glasses all the time.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Ozoneocean at 5:07PM, Dec. 21, 2022
(online)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:
Oddly enough I met Howard Caine (Major Hochstetter) and played music with him
That's amazing!!! I just had a little google of him to refresh my memory. I didn't know he played 3 different officers in the show XD

J_Scarbrough wrote:
I got to meet Jamie Farr
That's so cool man! ^_^

The only 60s TV Icon I met was Barbara Eden. She still looked great and was so tall! Haha!
She had to bend her knees to be level in the pic with me (though she may have been in heels, I didn't notice). I was dressed in the white 18th century suit I made.
As soon as she saw me she said I looked beautiful, which coming from Barbara Eden is a huge compliment ^_^
Ironscarf at 6:51PM, Dec. 21, 2022
(offline)
I loved M*A*S*H back in the day, it was a perfect fit for the time and now seems like a curious time capsule from a lost world. I wish I still had my approximate army green M*A*S*H Tshirt with the logo and printed on dog tags.
Dad's Army feels equally of it's time but has an interesting blend of farce and pathos and my Dad who lived through WW2, insisted it was a pretty accurate representation of the Home Guard as he remembered them.

He also introduced me to the Phil Silvers Show, a military set comedy which for my money never gets old.
J_Scarbrough at 6:54PM, Dec. 21, 2022
(offline)
I would love to meet Barbara Eden!

When I used to be on Twitter, the one tweet of mine that ended up getting the most attention was about Barbara Eden: I noticed she was trending, and I got scared as to what the reason might have been (I mean, why else do older celebrities trend on Twitter?), but there didn't seem to be any specific reason why. Anyway, I tweeted about this, and even used a gif of Tom (from Tom and Jerry) wiping his forehead in relief. In addition to all of the attention that tweet of mine got, she not only saw it, but liked it, retweeted, and even responded that she had no idea why she was trending either, but assured me that she was indeed well, and appreciated the love.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
elektro at 8:03PM, Dec. 29, 2022
(offline)
It has been a while since I popped in here. I'm slowly learning how to use Linux (the distro I chose was Ubuntu Studio), and despite some hiccups I'm getting more of the epic-length Mr. Petersik song done. The link to the latest part is below.

Mr. Petersik Part 6 - Rough Mix 4

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon