Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do I even have the right to draw?
Call Me Tom at 12:44PM, April 13, 2023
(offline)
Hi you all know me the guy who is so bad at drawing that it's offensive. Just like how you feel the need to spread a STD even tho it'll end up hurting yourself and others, I compulsively still feel the need to try to draw and unfortunately show what I make to others. I've avoided painting anything for the last year and I know if I try making any creative again it's all going to end the same. I mean I know it's better for others if I never draw again and I'm pretty sure it's better for me and others if I don't. Yet there's still this wicked (?) part of me that still thinks if I try maybe it'll be different. Guess I'm just being an arse hole. Sorry.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Ozoneocean at 5:12PM, April 13, 2023
(online)
That's a ridiculous scenario and is not true for anyone ever in history, especially not you!

We've always liked your art.
Genejoke at 5:29PM, April 13, 2023
(online)
Agreed with Ozone, that's absolute horse shit. Don't listen to such comments, regardless or whether they come from others or yourself. If you enjoy creating, create. it'll always be welcome here on the duck.
lothar at 4:54AM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
That's some grade A bullshit. Keep drawing
bravo1102 at 12:07PM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
You always have the right to self expression. Hurt can be subjective and even imagined. Some manipulate others by crying injury at nothing because they know a sensitive person can feel more guilt and inflict more pain on themselves than anyone ever suffered from them.
You are making yourself feel far worse than anyone could ever realistically be hurt by you drawing.
This is no longer about hurting someone else, this is all about you making yourself feel miserable.
sleeping_gorilla at 3:37PM, April 19, 2023
(offline)
You have the right to draw. But the real question is do you like drawing? I do not like drawing, I like writing stories and making comics. I think 20 years is enough time to assess whether you are good or bad at something, and if you enjoy it or not. I am a better artist than many of the people doing webcomics and far below the people who I think are good (like Oz).

Have you looked into 3D art? I am good with computers and with tools like Blender, CSP, and DAZ3D, I am finally producing art that is close to what I imagine in my head.

J_Scarbrough at 5:06PM, April 19, 2023
(offline)
sleeping_gorilla wrote:
You have the right to draw. But the real question is do you like drawing? I do not like drawing, I like writing stories and making comics.
I find that anymore when it comes to my creative process, regardless of whether I'm working on comics, or any of my YouTube productions, or what have you, the old saying, “I hate writing, I love having written” applies to me more and more. The actual process to create the work of art can be draining, tedious, and taxing, but I find that once I finally accomplish a certain project, I'm happy that it's been completed.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
rickrudge at 10:34AM, June 1, 2023
(offline)
Hi Call Me Tom,

The right to self-expression is so important that our government put it in the constitution. However, other people have the right to tell you that your artwork is cr@p. You’re not doing it for them, you’re doing it for yourself, so keep on doing what you’re doing.

— Rick Rudge
mightguy15 at 10:54AM, June 22, 2023
(offline)
Tom, this is just…not a good take. Don't you know the number one way to get better at doing something is to do it no matter how much you suck at it? The point is that you do it because you enjoy it, not because you are expecting some type of ending result. And yeah, sometimes you can love doing something to the extent you want to improve on it and that's when you start building your passion for wanting to do something well and practicing the fundamentals, but how are you going to get there if you feel like you aren't even worthy to try? This is the type of talk people who have never had their heart in anything to begin with make. Even pros will shit talk their own art, the self deprecation is a part of the charm because it is a craft you spend your whole life building on.
last edited on June 22, 2023 10:57AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon