MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
Kroatz at 5:39PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
Mafia becomes Marvel vs DC…
everybody get's to pick one superhero!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Mettaur at 6:46PM, March 4, 2010
(offline)
It will be easy to draw…Townston gets warped into the mind of a bored kid, who doodles lots. He draw stuff out, from his mind comes the mafia, the townies, and townston itself. Townies are stick figures, and mafia are scribbles.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Mettaur at 7:26AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
How about legos? Could make lots of jokes where everything is legos. Hark would no doubt be extremely peeved, seeing that everything he destroys, even people, can be rebuilt.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Kroatz at 8:01AM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Yeah, legos could be done, too bad it'd probably be a bit childish…

I'd go for a zombie one, but instead of humans being attacked by zombies, innocent zombies would be attacked by humans!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 3:44PM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
How about one standard, but timed? If the mad bomber isn't killed in a week since the game starts, then his big finale will be complete, everyone except him and whom he chooses, will die, and he wins. Well?
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:00PM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
one where each individual is a kid? I may do that for my next so if you think it's a good idea, DONT STEAL IT YET
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 7:00PM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
Medieval Mafia!
Kroatz at 4:32PM, March 8, 2010
(online)
Medieval Mafia!!!!!
Let's do that one…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 4:51PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
It could be peaceful outpost town besieged by bandits (Mafia=evil, Townies=good), or maybe a small fort full of corrupt officials (with some good people) being attacked by a small group of hero's on a quest of reclaiming their holy city from these stuck up corrupt officials (Mafia=good, Townies=evil).
Kroatz at 5:28PM, March 8, 2010
(online)
Maybe sumthin' fable'ish… One hero on the good side, one on the bad side and both sides try to kill each other!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 9:30PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
Robot Mafia. Bug Mafia. Food Mafia. Plant Mafia. Tech Mafia. At this point just guessing up names.
Product Placement at 7:40AM, March 9, 2010
(online)
Some of these ideas you guys are spurting out have been done, one way or another.
Mettaur
Townston goes into a dream world, town is the dreams, and Mafia is evil nightmares?
Mafia VIII - Battle for Hark's soul.
Kroatz
Medieval Mafia!!!!!
Mafia XII - Legend of Townstonia.
Mettaur
It could be peaceful outpost town besieged by bandits (Mafia=evil, Townies=good), or maybe a small fort full of corrupt officials (with some good people) being attacked by a small group of hero's on a quest of reclaiming their holy city from these stuck up corrupt officials (Mafia=good, Townies=evil).
Mafia VII - Reverse mafia.

Then again, there's nothing forbidding you from attempting to run these same concepts again. For example, Monster Mash was done twice.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Niccea at 8:58AM, March 9, 2010
(offline)
Mafias that have been done (a discussion aide)

Basic/Classic Mafia/Extended Basic
Reverse Mafia (Mafia infiltrated by Feds)
Inside Hark's Head
On A Tropical Island with Dinos
Monster Mash (Zombies vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves vs. Townies)
Medieval
Gang Wars
Heaven vs. Hell
Olympus vs. Titans
Anime Convention
Topsy Turvy (Mafia and townies pick up each others' roles)
Wild Wild West

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 10:52AM, March 9, 2010
(online)
Thanks to this interesting list of yours, Niccea, I've decided to make an epic ‘clicky’ list of every mafia game ever made.

DrunkDuck Mafia! By Black Kitty. The one that started it all.

Mafia II - The Expanded Edition. By Humorman. Classic game.

Mafia III - Revenge of the Godfather. By Niccea. Classic game.

Mafia IV - Mafia Harder. By the2ndredbaron. Classic game.

Mafia V - The Don's Return. By Hakoshen. Classic Game (this one's was a bitch to find, cause it was stashed somewhere in general discussion).

Mafia VI - Rise of the syndicate. By Product Placement. Classic Game.

Mafia VII - Reverse Mafia By Niccea. Assisted by Product Placement. Roles reversed. Good guys are trying to take over a town controlled by Mafia.

Mafia VIII - Battle for Hark's soul. By Harkovast. Psycho/dream theme game where everything took place in Hark's head.

Mafia IX - Journey to Far away-ia. By crocty. A dinosaur themed mafia.

Mafia X - Returning to the Classics. By TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Classic game.

Mafia XI - They did the Mash. By Product Placement The first recruiting style game (monster themed).

Mafia XII - Legend of Townstonia. By Salsa. Medieval theme.

Mafia XIII - Heaven or Hell. By Product Placement A modified recruiting style game (Angels vs Demons).

Mafia XIV. By humorman. Classic game (humorman used this game as an excuse to be a troll which caused him to be permanned from the game (it's a long story)).

Mafia XV “Topsy Turvy”. By TheFlyingGreenMonkey. EVERYONE GETS A GUN!!! A classic game with the twist that all the townies got killing powers and the mafia members got pro-town abilities like the medic and detective powers on top of their killing powers.

Mafia XVI - District Townston. By ParkerFarker. Two mafia gangs, fighting for power.

Mafia XVII - The Madness Continues. By Product Placement A classic game with the twist where everyone got a role (no normal townies (made up lots of crazy roles for that one ^^)).

Mafia XVIII - This is Halloween. By Rokulily. Second monster themed recruiting style game.

Mafia XIX - The Anime Convention. By By Hakoshen. Cosplayers vs Sci-fi nerds.

Mafia XX - The Book of Foreshadowing. By therealtj. Classic game with the twist where books of power can be exchanged between players.

Mafia XXI - Battle of the Gods!. By GarBonzo Bean. Greek Mythology themed mafia. Gods vs Titans.

Mafia XXII - Mystery Mafia. By Niccea. Classic game with the twist where all roles are hidden from players during the first turn.

Mafia XXIII - Back to the Basics. By Product Placement Classic game (apart from the ball hat man role ^^).

Mafia XXIV - Wild Wild West edition. By Salsa. Wild West themed.

Mafia XXV - TIME RAMPAGE! By TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Semi recruiting game. Time travel themed.

Mafia XXVI - The Guild Wars!!! By Randomdudeperson. Grid based game. Players spend actions patrolling areas, instead of attacking players. Opposing players that encounter each other in the same area end up fighting. Nicknamed “The confusing game”.

“The GM Club” - list of players who have been GM and how often they've run a game.
Product Placement - 5 times.
Niccea - 3 times.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey - 3 times.
Hakoshen. - 2 times.
Salsa - 2 times.
Black Kitty - 1 time.
The2ndredbaron - 1 time.
Harkovast - 1 time.
Crocty - 1 time.
ParkerFarker - 1 time.
Rokulily - 1 time.
Therealtj - 1 time.
GarBonzo Bean - 1 time.
Randomdudeperson - 1 time.

Phew. That's quite the list. I feel that efforts should be made to preserve these games in some way, don't you think?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 12:19PM, March 9, 2010
(offline)
Why do you think I've been trying to make the comic? My computer just happened to crash too much. ^.^ But it will all be over soon…spring break is a blessing.
Product Placement at 12:40PM, March 9, 2010
(online)
Oh, I actually wasn't talking about the comic. I was just contemplating about the idea of attempting to preserve the threads themselves. Just in case something catastrophic would happen that would wipe clean the data banks over at platinum.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 1:24PM, March 9, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Oh, I actually wasn't talking about the comic. I was just contemplating about the idea of attempting to preserve the threads themselves. Just in case something catastrophic would happen that would wipe clean the data banks over at platinum.
Ah. Mind if I transfer the mega list to the comic forum then?
Product Placement at 6:03AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
Not at all.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 9:56AM, March 10, 2010
(offline)
Also people may be wondering about the GM club…I can neither confirm nor deny its existence.
Kroatz at 3:04AM, March 11, 2010
(online)
(insert paranoid laughter here)
I knew it! It may or may not exist!
I've always suspected that!
(stop paranoid mode)

About those Ideas: I'd like to change it of course, make it different from other Mafia games, or maybe even better!
yay!

Disney Mafia! (Donald and Mickey… with shotguns)
Batman: No Man's land Mafia! (Turf wars)
Music Mafia! (Song hints and sharp notes to slit throats, also Mafia school musical!)
Star Wars Mafia! (The wookiee wins)
Gameshow Mafia! (answer trivia)
Monopoly Mafia! (I'll be the guy with the stache!)

- Albert Einstein
Rengishi at 4:10PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
How about a fuedal era japan one ninja(mafia) vs Samurai(GoodGuys) the regular people could be like rice farmers,Then as you go higher up the position get higher oh and the mayor could be emporer

Good Idea?
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Kroatz at 4:38PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
Meh, it could be cool, I'm just not into all that asian stuff nowadays. It seems to be hip to say Samurai instead of knight.

- Albert Einstein
Rengishi at 8:09AM, March 13, 2010
(online)
Knights vs ninjas then…………….Haters
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Kroatz at 9:00AM, March 13, 2010
(online)
Why'd you call me a hater?
I said it could be cool…
Meh… I don't care

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 5:19PM, March 23, 2010
(offline)
Vikings versus Ninjas?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:26AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Mafias that have been done (a discussion aide)

Basic/Classic Mafia/Extended Basic
Reverse Mafia (Mafia infiltrated by Feds)
Inside Hark's Head
On A Tropical Island with Dinos
Monster Mash (Zombies vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves vs. Townies)
Medieval
Gang Wars
Heaven vs. Hell
Olympus vs. Titans
Anime Convention
Topsy Turvy (Mafia and townies pick up each others' roles)
Wild Wild West

I find it cool that two of the above((Monster Mash, Anime Con)) were inspired by me even though I did not run them XD.

@Mettaur: I'm so stealing that Mad Hatter of Doom idea of yours.

The Mad Hatter has become even madder! He has deserted the mafia and is planning on blowwing the whole town sky high! Can the mafia and townies put there differences aside in search for this insane criminal?

The Mad Hatter can plant a bomb day and night and has no limits! Yes with his new level of insanity has come paired with intellegence that allows him to make and plant as many bombs as he wants. But like most insane criminals he can't do his evil deeds without leaving a calling card. With each bomb planted comes a clue striaght from the mad man himself!

Mad Hatters goal is to plant a bomb on everyone one. If this goal is accomplished then he wins!

Will if planting a bomb on everyone is his goal how will he get passed the paranoid you might ask? Will he already has! His mad genius knows no bounds! He disguised himself as a pyschologist and interviewed everyone in town. Figured out the paranoid and instead of a direct fight he just blew up his house!

This game the Mad Hatter would decide on the clue to be given. It must pass my inspection though! They will have to make the case for that clue and tell me how it relates to them. If I disagree with the clues given to me I will make one myself.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Mettaur at 2:48PM, March 24, 2010
(offline)
I was just planning on him having wired bombs that could not be moved or disarmed all around the town. Time limit until he removes this blemish on the horizon! Plus, to be thorough, he planted bombs in people that only a special surgery, which is very expensiave, can remove. This surgery can be bought using the money given by that dude with the box, makes him invulnerable to the getting blown up at the end, but in return another is dragged down to appease satans hunger. Plus, you can still get lynched or killed by mafia. So yeah, that was what I was aiming for. Not a super human unstoppabke unfair game, but one where the hatter has planted all the bombs, just has to wait it out. But he can still bomb a guy when he wants, but no waiting, and it reveals a clue like always. Anyways, the main goal would be to kill the hatter first, you can kill the former enemy mafia or townie if you want, obviously though some people will attack their uneasy allies due to tradition of these turf wars. But main goal, kill the hatter. Can continue the game afterwards the time-limit if the hatter is killed or lynched, whatever. So, hows my version?
Salsa at 11:49AM, March 26, 2010
(offline)
I only need to make GM two more times to beat Niccea?

Well Maybe this summer, when I don't have to worry about learning Javascript or Semester long projects, or Crazy demented Art History teachers who don't know that the Greeks used single-mast Triremes! Saaaaay, That gives me two ideas

Cyber mafia: Mafia are viruses who are trying to kill the Townies who are files and programs.

Collegiate Mafia: Mafia are demented wacked out Professors who are trying to flunk the townston crew out of college.

Also, if someone wants to I would love to have someone else GM a medieval Mafia game.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Kroatz at 11:56AM, March 26, 2010
(online)
I'd like to host it, I just have to play a couple more games…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 7:47PM, March 28, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to make posters for all the players of Mafia Games! I'll put em here, since this thread is for discussion of mafia games. First, we start with Same!

Wasn't that wonderful? Now, we move on to the honest and kind Niccea!

Well, I guess I can dis-count THAT alliance…anyways, on to our next player of the game, a true hero, even when he ain't supposed to be a hero!

One of our craziest, most eccentric, and well beloved players of Mafia Games, Harkovast! Man, if you don't take him out quick, he's sure to cause a load of carnage, on his own team too! Now go read Harkovast, or Hark will blow my brains out with a Fifty-Seven!

Okay guys, this was the hardest of all the posters to make so far, with much labor, and having my laptop breaking down constantly so I had to start over from scratch two times, I bring you, TheFlyingGreenMonkey!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon