MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:12AM, Feb. 16, 2010
(online)
Sign ups for new game are here http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=52484&cid=226

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 1:09PM, Feb. 16, 2010
(online)
Yes but at school he told me how frustrating it was to come up with an idea only to see that you had beaten him too it. I'm not saying don't share your thoughts. All thoughts, and opinions are vaulable. I'm just saying give the head a chance to come up with something.

I just want to clarify, as I was annoyed that he came up with the same ideas as me BEFORE me, I was also happy about it cause then he was able to alert the mafia sooner than I was able to. It just kinda stole my thunder is all, cause I really couldn't claim them as my ideas when someone already thought of them AND posted them before me. :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Product Placement at 7:44AM, Feb. 22, 2010
(online)
Wait, random. Are you talking about the time when we were working together as mafia? Why are you bringing that up, all of a sudden?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
same at 10:44AM, Feb. 22, 2010
(online)
Has there been an old west themed mafia yet?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Product Placement at 11:00AM, Feb. 22, 2010
(online)
same
You mean Cowboys and Indians kinda stuff? No there hasn't been anything like that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 12:30PM, Feb. 23, 2010
(online)
Someone should do that
crocty at 12:33PM, Feb. 23, 2010
(offline)
same

Ew. Cowboys are so lame.

Robots Vs. Ninjas. Now that would be genius!
I need to do that after I run my MSPA game…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
same at 12:46PM, Feb. 23, 2010
(online)
crocty
same

Ew. Cowboys are so lame.

Robots Vs. Ninjas. Now that would be genius!
I need to do that after I run my MSPA game…

you ever seen trigun?
crocty at 1:41PM, Feb. 23, 2010
(offline)
same
you ever seen trigun?
Nope. :0
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Mettaur at 3:34PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(offline)
Hey guys, I got an idea for a Fallout themed Mafia Games. PP told me that I just post ideas here, then improve them and stuff.
Mafia = Slavers. The Slavers have noticed a rag-tag group of Settlers and other rabble trying to settle a town. While they traveled, this group of Settlers would let in any sorry looking sap. So the Slavers sent in some of their own, plus some hired help. Your goal is to lower the settlers population count down to the slaver level, or lower. Come on, you got some lives to ruin, get to work!
Godfather = ?
Mad Hatter = Mr. Burke Your employer has seen this new settlement as a blight on the horizon of the wasteland. He has asked you to remove this disturbance, and you do so with, pleasure. Ah yes, the excitement is, palpable, isn't it? And when this is all over, the people dead or traded away, you having blown to pieces all that stood in the way, you shall have the honor of pressing the button yourself, and remove this mess from the landscape. Ah, sometimes these ruffians cannot appreciate the finer things.
Hitman = Talon Company Mercenary. You were just hired to whittle down the population for your client. And hell,your getting paid a fair share of caps, so why not!

Townies = Settlers
Vigilante = Regulator. You retired a long time back, but when that group of settlers passed by, you knew they wouldn't stand a chance. So you joined them. For a while, things went well, but then seeing that your people needed you, you returned to your duty. Every night, you go and kill whomever you think is a Slaver, Cannibal, or just plain crazy. This is your town, protect it.
Paramedic = ?
Veteran = ?
Detective = ?
Paranoid = Survivor. You have been tortured by raiders, barely escaped a super mutant bonfire, and many, many other horrors. You have learned that the only way to survive, is to make sure they can't kill you. So you kill them first. When you go to sleep, you remember those horrible times. When you were trapped in a ruined school, raiders around every corner. Instinctively, when reliving your horrific past, you will kill whoever approaches you during the night.
Townie = Settler.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Product Placement at 4:13PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
So it's a standard game with the roles renamed. That's easy enough to set up.

All we have to do is realize what roles you want to have for the game and figure out what fallout character types works for them.

Townston could be a newly set up settlement of vault dwellers, who had to move out once their… water chip broke down (you'd understand if you've played Fallout 1). The bad guys would be raiders or slavers.

You could look over the older games for inspiration and you still need to play at least one more game before being allowed to run. That should give you plenty of time to spice it up.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 4:23PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
I've been following the last two mafia games but I don't really want to join yet, I do have an Idea though.
Wouldn't it be cool if instead of the regular townie-mafia battle it would be a townie-mafia-mafia battle? two different factions of mafia who compete with each other as well as with the townies… The mafia would know who was mafia but not which rank, the townies wouldn't know who was mafia.
This would make it a bit harder for mafia to survive because other mafia cold kill them as they please. you would need about 20 players for that to be working…

Another Idea would be to openly tell who is the godfather. this would make full time protection neccesary…

Or maybe an actual map with coordinates, that way a godfather or a mayor could be fenced off from the rest, making tactical play neccesary…

Anyway… that would be cool.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Mettaur at 4:32PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(offline)
It could be vault dwellers, It could be settlers, It could be that Townston just got hit by a nuke, this could be anything right now. I haven't planned this out yet. I want to use the standard format for my first game to see how it works out, how the Wastes mixes with Mafia Games. Also, to see how well I do at this thing. I'm not sure about mixing it up on my first game, so I'm using the usual rules. I'm thinking, maybe the Psychopath could be a raider? and I know I can't run the games until I've played two, just starting the planning before then. I'm open to suggestions, PQ me if you got any ideas.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 4:34PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
There's already been a game where more then one mafia faction fought for control. It was pretty fun but if memory serves me right, it ended pretty quickly on the account that the rivaling members were pretty good at tracking each other down, eliminating each other. We've also done one where there are multiple teams, each starting with only one member. Each night they could recruit players and integrate them into their factions. The concern with those games is that some of the more veteran players tend to be picked first and fought over, although wise faction leaders have taken the alternative route and recruited all the new players while his rivals fought over the dwindling resources of players. The downside of that tactic though is that you end up managing a pretty inexperienced team.

Your known godfather idea is interest. That's certainly never been done before. He would have to be immune to lynching though or else he would be taken out during the first round. Another downside to that idea is that the mafia would loose out the chance of using the godfather to infiltrate the town (since the detective can't see that he's a criminal in normal games). This and the thing with a strategy map is certainly a thing to ponder about though and I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on this.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:06PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(offline)
I would like to know how the map and coordinates idea would work.

Would it be like battleship?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Kroatz at 5:17AM, Feb. 26, 2010
(online)
I know the image is kina screwed up, just zoom in a little… 110%

It would be kind of sort of not be like with battleship…

at every narration it would be told in which color house the godfather(s) or the mayor is. it would also be told in which house the bodyguard is, he can not be in the same house as the godfather(s)/mayor. every day the townies can pick a house to raid, or a person to lynch.
if they pick the house where the godfather is he gets killed, except when the bodyguard is in the house next to the godfather, then the bodyguard gets killed. the townies can pick the house where the bodyguard is but then they would lose two townies to be chosen by the godfather (not the mayor, he can't be chosen). the bodyguard would still be killed.
The godfather would have to get extra powers, I'm thinking something like that he gets to turn one of his gangsters into a bodyguard.

If people decide not to raid but to lynch everything is like the regular rules.

For the gangsters it would be similar, they would send a hitman to a house and if the mayor is there the mayor dies, if a townie bodyguard is next to the mayor then the townie bodyguard will be killed. I think it would be fun if the mayor appointed a different townie to be his bodyguard every night. if the mayor picks a mafia bodyguard and he places him next to himself then the mayor dies.

the fun part here is that you can place bodyguards on the other side of town, if people try to raid then they will waste a turn. also people can pick the wrong house.

when a mad bomber, who is in this version of mafia not a mafia but kind of like an individual places a bomb he can choose between a person or a house, when he chooses a house the house will be blown up and noone can hide in that house anymore.

well, this is all I could come up with so far, I'm planning to extend it and maybe host a mafia game in a couple of years? first I'd need to join two of course.

well, bye!

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 6:41AM, Feb. 26, 2010
(online)
Oh my. This is interesting. Definitely worth pondering over.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 9:00AM, Feb. 26, 2010
(online)
thnx…

It would be cool if everyone has their own house too.
That way you could only kill them when they where home. you'd have to make deals with others to sleep at their house. When they are mafia they can kill you! but that would be too much all at once.

I'm really hoping this round of mafia ends quickly, I think hark doesn't kill enough people quickly enough.

- Albert Einstein
harkovast at 6:23PM, Feb. 26, 2010
(online)
Kroatz, considering I dont have a kill role, I think I am doign pretty well at making everyone not alive!
Some people are hard to please!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Kroatz at 2:01AM, Feb. 27, 2010
(online)
Yeah, that's just my general opinion, there isn't enough killing and making people not alive anymore going around these days. Oh the good ol' days…

- Albert Einstein
same at 2:41PM, Feb. 27, 2010
(online)
A team fortress themed mafia would be cool. Townies could be sanviches!
Kroatz at 3:47AM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
A chess themed maffia should be possible too… some way.

- Albert Einstein
Niccea at 1:45PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
It would take a good GM to do those type of games. Cause they have to keep track of houses and colors and what not. Interesting concept. But the problem would be if anyone could leave the house, no one would be at home. Maybe there is a party animal type of role that invites someone to their house for the night or something.
same at 3:04PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
Same the sandvich is dead
Kroatz at 3:15PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
Indeed you would need a good GM. Maybe in these cases you could use an assistant? All these houses would make it more difficult but if you'd give every house a name (like bookstore, mansion, vault) then it would be easy for the gm to keep track. and if everyone had to pq every day where they where going to sleep then it would increase active participation!

And about the sleeping over thing, I had in mind that you could switch houses for a night, so that if you suspect that Niccea would die that night you just switch with crocty and then crocty would die! you'd have to get to use vetoes or something…

all very complicated but doable!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 3:22PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
Hey, already the Vault is a common part of Townston! Does this mean I'm a citizen now?
Kroatz at 2:23AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
No because all mafia are banned from the vault…

Durrr…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 2:55PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Huh? Alright, getting confused now…I helped out, I died to help the town, and now people when mentioning important parts of the town talk about the vault as well. So what else do I have to do to be a citizen?
Niccea at 3:48PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
Huh? Alright, getting confused now…I helped out, I died to help the town, and now people when mentioning important parts of the town talk about the vault as well. So what else do I have to do to be a citizen?

a. Do something memorable in game
b. Attend two games in a row.
Mettaur at 8:07PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Oh don't worry, I plan on doing something really memorable. But if that is not so much, then I think I can manage another game after this one.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon