MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
harkovast at 3:11PM, March 29, 2010
(online)
That little thing thing cat sums up everything my life is about in one picture.
Awesome.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Mettaur at 3:15PM, March 29, 2010
(offline)
Well thank you Hark! Now guys, if you want me to make a poster, either you send the request, or I send it first! But seriously, just PQ me, tell me what parts you want, what weapons, color, hair, fedora or no fedora, shoes, clothes, what should the person you have killed look like? Do you even want a kill? Tell me, I want to make you an epic poster! So yeah, the feedback I've gotten from the people I've made the posters for (including Hark) has that they all think they are good. So come one, let's make some epic pics!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Mettaur at 4:56PM, March 29, 2010
(offline)
Also, for people that used to play Mafia Games, but don't anymore, I will make, “deceased” posters. To honor those that have too much in there lives now, or can't handle the stress and such. These posters will be made for them, as a final gift from the loving members of Mafia Games! Yes, this is pulling out of my resources, and I don't get help back, I'm just nice like that.

Here we go, first deceased…well, not as depressing as I thought It would be! NO, more like celebrating the good times, honoring some good game we had. First up, tat rascal we all know and tolerate (little joke here, sorry!), Mattboy115! Hope you like your poster!

Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:29PM, March 29, 2010
(online)
Very nice Mettaur. You've captured my destructive power and my titles! I love me some titles XD

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Hakoshen at 7:24PM, March 30, 2010
(offline)
Well this is rather interesting, isn't it?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
same at 8:05PM, March 30, 2010
(online)
Is it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 8:57PM, March 30, 2010
(offline)
Well, I thought it was. Putting up the first dead player soon, Mattboy 115! We will remember you! Although still, you can rejoin later, just this is for when you are going to be gone a looong time. Either that or you quit. Hoping to make some for the awesome players that stopped awhile ago, already contacted one!
mattboy115 at 9:15PM, March 30, 2010
(online)
I think you captured my essence very well! Thanks, Mettaur!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
crocty at 5:56PM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
Yeah okay I guess that's fine that I wasn't included! In fact I don't care at all.
I mean the fact that I was the best GM ever (11 pages arguing who was my best friend) or in the first mafia to win a game, or the first mafia* to win without suffering casualties, or the member to be in the mafia the most (Well back in my day I was) or the player who's been mayor the most (Well back in my day I was) means nothing I guesss.

D:< D:< D:<

*Leader of the first mafia to win without suffering a casualty.

Why in fact I was so decietful, Kitty refused to speak to me for hours for lying to her!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:36PM, April 1, 2010
(offline)
I came up with a mafia comic.

“What if gullas went insane and killed all current players in the mafia game?”

anyone want me to go with it? I'll post it here and on my “comic” Crap2

on the mafia comic if anyone wants it there too.

that is if I don't completely screw it up.

anyone who wants to be in it should contact me here and by PQ. I'll keep everyone together. Hopefully this project will work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
crocty at 5:23PM, April 2, 2010
(offline)
Well guys, even though I was the best mafia player ever (And best GM) it's official that I am never ever ever (Maybe perhaps again) again playing! So this is the end (perhaps) from mafia! I mean it was awesome (REVERSE MAFIA HO HO HO) but now, I am tired.

It was fun! Deceiving people, conceiving plans, we've gone so far, and done so much. And I feel like we've always been together, right by my side, through thick and thin, YOU'RE THE PART OF MY LIFE I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER.

THE TIME HAS COME, IT'S FOR THE BEST I KNOW IT. WHO COULD'VE GUESSED THAT YOU AND I, SOMEHOW SOMEDAY, WE'D HAVE TO SAY GOODBYEEEEE!

You've helped me find, the strength inside, and the courage to make my dreams come true, how will I find another friend, like you! Twenty of a kind, that's who we are. And it seems like we were always winning, but as our team is torn apart, I wish we could go back to the beginniiiing! The time has come! It's for the best I know it! Who could've guessed that you and I? Somehow someway we'd have to say goodbye….

Somehow today we have to say goodbye…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Mettaur at 5:27PM, April 2, 2010
(offline)
I swear, I will make for you Crocty, the best poster I can!
same at 5:39PM, April 2, 2010
(online)
Yoda speak
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
crocty at 5:49PM, April 2, 2010
(offline)
Niccea at 6:33PM, April 2, 2010
(offline)
I guess we don't really have to worry about the Bread KALA Paradox anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:37PM, April 3, 2010
(offline)
my idea was stupid, I get it
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:40PM, April 4, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Does that mean the “Axis of Awesome” is the most powerful alliance in mafia? Fear PoorBoyBlues, Killerbob, Myself and sometimes Random or Roku((Depends if they feel like joining at the time)). Fear us >:D

Now that the KALA Paradox and the Haunted Mansion group((I don't know if Ochi and Niccea's group had a name.)) are out of the way, there is no one to stand agianst us!

crocty at 10:20AM, April 5, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Niccea
Does that mean the “Axis of Awesome” is the most powerful alliance in mafia? Fear PoorBoyBlues, Killerbob, Myself and sometimes Random or Roku((Depends if they feel like joining at the time)). Fear us >:D

Now that the KALA Paradox and the Haunted Mansion group((I don't know if Ochi and Niccea's group had a name.)) are out of the way, there is no one to stand agianst us!
You silly boy, even though we're gone, our ghosts are still there, and ghosts are invincible, so we're still the most powerful.

tl;dr LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL no.
Mettaur at 10:46AM, April 5, 2010
(offline)
Ah, no, sorry to burst your bubble. You see, usually the most powerful group…is the most secretive. You see, since we do not flaunt our names, we cannot be taken down. You don't know who resides in the Vault…hehe, the small squabbles of you raiders is of no importance to us, but when you bring it to the town, then the Vault…gets involved…
Niccea at 7:28AM, April 6, 2010
(offline)
Um…The Bread Kala Paradox is that Ochi and Crocty are always on opposite sides. And one must kill the other. (Except for that one time when they were both mafia).

And I still host tea parties at the Haunted Mansion.

Edit: Secret GM Club Debate: Is using a mule in game allowable?
Zeph at 8:09PM, April 6, 2010
(online)
Can the mule be used as a murder weapon?
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
ParkerFarker at 8:16PM, April 6, 2010
(online)
Niccea

Well being a secret member of said secret club, I think mules should be allowed to a point. If they want to make the occasional appearance on the forums I think that's fine as long as they don't leave any clues or whatnot. And although there is no way to enforce it, I think if a mule is to be made, it should only be by the person with the mule's role.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
rokulily at 9:12PM, April 6, 2010
(online)
Niccea
hm.

i believe mules should be allowed to be made as long as they don't effect the gameplay.

that means no pqs, deadspeakings, voting, etc

the comedic value of mules going ‘wooo lookit me! i’m brandishing my evil and or title!' is acceptable as long as it is taken into account that they are worthless figureheads and should be treated as invalid information sources.

for example- future godfather is overstepping some boundaries that we didn't think need mention where as harks mule in the last game was random (though a bit obvious) and entertaining. It didn't raise any flags.

as for enforcement… we can't stop people sending pqs or reading ‘em. thats more of a honor code thing. but if evidence arises that would confirm the missuse of a mule the offender should have any title stripped, and be barred from the next game. evidence may be hard to obtain so there might be a strike system- if you are accused x admounts of time by at least 2 different people (1 preferably repeat player) then you may face accusation of foulplay by the entire mafia game.

it might just be easier to ban mules though. i’m trusting that people here are often good with very very few bad seeds so not allowing something might be punishing all those awesome people who wouldn't abuse the game and players trust. considering we've played 20+ games without this being an issue (or so i think) i believe that we remind people that there is a slight honor code, basic showmanship, but continue to allow the freedom of being random.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Future Godfather at 11:54PM, April 6, 2010
(offline)
Okay then, I shall not post anymore. I did not intend to mess up the game in any way, the four pq's were all filled with nonsense and were meant as a little joke.
I did not expect people to react as fiercely as they do and I didn't even expect them to actually believe I was the Future Godfather.

Anyone annoyed, offended or otherwise affected by my actions:
I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:52AM, April 7, 2010
(online)
As a member of the GM club I agree with what roku and parker.

Mules are funny and a source of amusement. As long as they do not directly interfer with the game I'm okay with them.

And by not directly interfering with the game I mean no voting, no clue solving, and no PQing.

The Future Godfather went over the line when he started to PQ players. Even if they were filled with nonsense.

Product Placement at 8:31AM, April 7, 2010
(online)
The problem with mules is that they break forum rules, which states that forum users are not allowed to have alternative accounts. I asked Ozone about it a long time ago and he himself is against it, even when used for jokes, since it has the habit of getting out of control quite fast.

I can see this becoming a problem if players start creating mules for paramedics, detectives, vigilantes and such.

A nice alternative for mules is that the sitting GM can relay messages from the Godfather or anyone else to the rest of the players through his narrations (that is, the player who wishes to say something, while keeping his identity secret can PQ the GM, asking to post his message into the next narration). The GM can then decide if he wants to give that player this privilege.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Niccea at 9:13AM, April 7, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
A nice alternative for mules is that the sitting GM can relay messages from the Godfather or anyone else to the rest of the players through his narrations (that is, the player who wishes to say something, while keeping his identity secret can PQ the GM, asking to post his message into the next narration). The GM can then decide if he wants to give that player this privilege.

That is what BK and I did in Game I.
Zeph at 9:30AM, April 7, 2010
(online)
I thought it was a real mule <_<… like packmules or something to go with the last game… now I feel dumb.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Mettaur at 2:42PM, April 7, 2010
(offline)
So did I Zeph, so did I. So don't feel dumb, lots of people make lots of mistakes, me more than most I know.
Product Placement at 9:04PM, April 7, 2010
(online)
Zeph
I thought it was a real mule <_<… like packmules or something to go with the last game… now I feel dumb.
We tried packmules in the past but it didn't work out so great.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon