MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
crocty at 8:01PM, April 9, 2010
(offline)
Well I don't know the situation, but I think they'd be nothing be trouble. That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also because NO ONE GOT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL LOSERS, here's what my goodbye post and picture was all about.

EDIT: BEST. PAGETOPPER. EVER.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:50PM, April 11, 2010
(online)
Another problem arrised in my game. Should in turning games should the turnies be able to betray their team? It goes agianst the spirit of turning games.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
ParkerFarker at 2:58AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
I think it should be made illegal. It does go against the spirit and the game in general. If a team's only chance of success rests with recruiting people then having to factor in that some people may be pro-town despite their switch of side would make it a hard game to win.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Kroatz at 3:29AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Meh, I don't really think it's a bad thing, I think that turned people should still have a mind of their own. I just think they have to think of the game in general. If turning on the person that recruited them makes the game more interesting and unpredictable they should do it.

Roku and Niccea made the game have a very unexpected turn, at least to me, and I don't really mind. It made the Narration, and the game in general, even more interesting.

Just…
Let's make one rule:
Don't turn on Kroatz.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Niccea at 4:43AM, April 12, 2010
(offline)
The spirit of the mafia game is betrayal. It is full of back stabs and double cross. Why can a townie turn against the town, but a mobster not turn against the mafia? Also, all I did was vote for Kroatz (inevitable) and tell PP who was going to get hit (though roku did that). I did not reveal any of the mafia member.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Ozoneocean at 5:31AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Niccea is truly the most evil mafia player I've ever played with. Eviler even than Skoolmunkee!
Whoever recruited her in the first place should'a known ;)

That doublecross idea is pretty cool though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Kroatz at 6:14AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
yup, I never should have recruited her…
I don't mind though, I went out with a bang!

- Albert Einstein
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:03PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Niccea
The spirit of the mafia game is betrayal. It is full of back stabs and double cross. Why can a townie turn against the town, but a mobster not turn against the mafia? Also, all I did was vote for Kroatz (inevitable) and tell PP who was going to get hit (though roku did that). I did not reveal any of the mafia member.
I'm fine with mafia back stabbing mafia on a normal game. BUT THIS WAS A TURNING GAME! A game focused on the recruiting of minions. How would monster mash have turned out if after the first night all three of the monster recruits decided to still be pro town and make public knowledge their leaders' identity? Or if me and Waff had backstabbed Roku? How about if all the angels on PP's game had decided to join the demons? I for one will punish such behavior in any turning game I am GMing from now on.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Product Placement at 8:29PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Niccea
I'm fine with mafia back stabbing mafia on a normal game. BUT THIS WAS A TURNING GAME! A game focused on the recruiting of minions. How would monster mash have turned out if after the first night all three of the monster recruits decided to still be pro town and make public knowledge their leaders' identity? Or if me and Waff had backstabbed Roku? How about if all the angels on PP's game had decided to join the demons? I for one will punish such behavior in any turning game I am GMing from now on.
You're both right. The game should offer the possibility of betrayal but the threat of having your minions turning on you would make the game almost impossible for recruiters.

The game should forbid shared victories, unless rules specifically state so (like the neutral roles in the madness game (I guess I opened up a can of worms when I allowed Roku and Hark to share victory)). Players considering turning on their team should be made to understand that doing so will make them loose and thus they would loose as well. However, I don't think that players should be forbidden to do so. It would keep the group leaders on their toes and force them to put up some effort in managing their group (not that I'm claiming that Kroatz didn't manage his group). A friendly warning could be forwarded to group leaders that mistreating his allies could have dire consequences.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 3:02PM, April 13, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
It would keep the group leaders on their toes and force them to put up some effort in managing their group.

Are you claiming I didn't try to…

Product Placement
(not that I'm claiming that Kroatz didn't manage his group)
Oh. nevermind.
Me and Salsa were really acting all strategic like, we had a plan that would've made sure not a single Mafia died… that was the best case scenario, the worst case scenario was kinda' what happened now.
I do congratulate everyone on how well played it all was, since the rules didn't specifically state that recruited players needed to follow the lead of their turner I should have taken this into concideration.
Rokulily is known for being trusted by everyone, that's why I recruited her in the first place. And then I fell for my own trap. I shouldn't have sacrificed ParkerFarker at the start of the game, he could've made the difference.

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 3:10PM, April 13, 2010
(offline)
If ever you have to cut off someone for your strategy, make sure it isn't someone important. You should have gotten rid of a Hitman, not the Mad Hatter. Because the Mad Hatter can be very resourceful, very resourceful indeed!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Mettaur at 3:26PM, April 13, 2010
(offline)
Alright, if we need more stuff for the Comic, I've finally figured out how to hook up my camera to my computer, I can take pictures of the sketches I make of the Mafia Games in my spare time. This one was a bit difficult to make, teacher almost caught me once!

Then Same offered to fix it up for me, make it look smoother. This is how it turned out:

I have to say, I'm impressed he made such a good one at such a short amount of time since I sent my sketch.
And because he made me a picture for my game, I made one for him. Ladies (The few that are here) and Gentlemen (Not really, I ain't one either!), I present the full poster, of the Mafia Team from Mafia XXIII, Back To The Basics!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
same at 11:23AM, April 17, 2010
(online)
I just dyed my hair back to black. lol!
Detective
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 3:54PM, April 17, 2010
(offline)
Are these going to be used, or we just having fun? Well, already having fun making these, but we going to use em?
same at 1:45PM, April 18, 2010
(online)
Made that one a while ago.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Kroatz at 12:21PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
Mafia: what's the most important aspect when picking a new game?
- An understandable game?
- A unique idea?
- The GM's ability to write?
- A theme?
- Who offers the most fanart and such?

I believe the ability to write is the most important. But what do you guys think?

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 12:49PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
It depends on my mood. I usually think it's important that the applicant demonstrates that he's capable of managing a good game (Therefore I usually lean towards ex-GMs who ran a successful game and are applying to run again). Then I go through phases where I want to give the new guys a chance to try it out.

Writing a good narration is also important. If the applicant fails to put up an example narration during his application, I normally ignore it unless the applicant is an ex-GM. Understand though that skipping the example narration is something that I frown upon.

If the idea is real good then I am willing to listen. The grid system was kinda interesting, which worked in Randoms favor, although I'll admit that I was afraid that the idea might be too complex to pull off. On top of that, I was in my “give the rookie a chance” phase, during the last election.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 3:51AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Give the rookie a chance fase?
It was:
Me
Random
Mettaur
jninjashadow

All four rookies…
So yeah, you might have been in that fase but it didn't make any difference whatsoever did it..?

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 7:28AM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
So yeah, you might have been in that fase but it didn't make any difference whatsoever did it..?
True that, but count yourself lucky that I wasn't in my “I wanna run again” phase.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:18PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
Voting for yourself, being Product Placement, or being a GM who has done it before all gets you voted for it.

I wish I had the time to run but the show's coming up and as usual I can't be on at an exact time every night.

But all day I can…

No…actually got school now. Last day of vacation.

GM dreams will have to wait…and my brilliant plan for a game… >:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Zeph at 7:24PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I've been rolling around the idea of a war game, I got the idea from Random's gridbase thing.

Basically it's like BattleShip, or Chess, you move your units to various parts of the board, and the stronger peice wins.

Tanks beating out Snipers.
Rockets beating out tanks.
Snipers beating out rockets.

Ect.

Its a rough idea. But I liked the heavy teamwork needed in the last game. Strategy always makes things more fun.

But for a roughness of thing. Night Cycles would be when the military makes it moves to various points on the board. This also relies heavily on how you construct your team.

If you have a tank, and send a sniper along with it, you can defend it against a rocket, however, if theres a tank with the rocket, both teams kill each other. Perhaps unit upgrades, which instead of money cost a cycle.

Say you're fitting your tank with a stronger gun, that tank is inmobile for a cycle, and needs to be guarded.
Or if your sniper has their gun sent to the shop for better scope/range tuning, they are unarmed for that cycle, and have to be defended or else they're dead. But if these upgraded units come across anenemy, like two snipers meeting, they'll kill each other if their gear is the same, but the one with the longer range if upgraded would obviously take out the one with the outdated gun, and tanks upgraded in armor can resist level one rockets, so a higher level rocket would be needed to destroy the tank.

Also perhaps a fortification ability, if your military leader is at a certian point, he can stay a day cycle there and fortify the area into a mini fort. However he'd need to be defended during this point of time.

No more than 3 people in units to prevent an entire military moving together.

Night Cycles will give the advantage to attackers, so if you're on the move, if you attack a base, you're more likely to take it.

Day cylces allow for movements as well, however your movements will be revealed, as its in the light of day, one can choose to stay put, and not do anything during the day if they wish the element of suprise.

Day Cycles give the advantage to teh defenders, as they can spot oncoming threats.

rough ideas.

Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Niccea at 8:53PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
I personally didn't like the grid-based game. I voted for it because it was the one I like the most out of the selections. I just view that grid games to be too confusing and leaves too much up to chance.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:28PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I like the grid games. It keeps high target players alive the first night.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 10:35PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I liked the grid game as well but I definitely understand why so many players found the last game to be frustrating and confusing. Team Elite was very lucky by being consisted of organized players with very handy roles. My role, for example gave me allot of insider info.

I think it would be good to play a normal game now and allow people to digest the grid system a bit before trying it again.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:40PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
I liked the grid game as well but I definitely understand why so many players found the last game to be frustrating and confusing. Team Elite was very lucky by being consisted of organized players with very handy roles. My role, for example gave me allot of insider info.

I think it would be good to play a normal game now and allow people to digest the grid system a bit before trying it again.

Yes our roles were handy indeed. Since I didn't know my role when I got it I litterally told Random “I'm going to Roku's bakery, to explore or whatever the hell my role does.”

My greatest ability was that Gullas's role was to protect me thus giving us a friend.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:10AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
I think its time for Drunk Duck Mafia awards! It will be just like the Drunk Duck awards but with Mafia categories. And there will be alot of categories.

Categories:

Role Category

Best Godfather
Best Hitman
Best Mad Bomber
Best Mafia
Best Mayor
Best Pardoner
Best Bodyguard
Best Vig
Best Paramedic
Best Paranoid
Best Detective
Best Townie

Game Play Category

Most Untrustwrothy
Most Trustworthy
Best Role Player
Best Plugger
Best Clue Solver
Best Leader
Best Deciever
Most fun to play with
Least fun to play with ((my guess humor or that one other guy we didn't like will win this))
Best Picture Contributor
Most Active player
Least Active player
Most Destructive player
Least Destructive player

GM Category

Best GM
Worst GM
Most Creative game idea.
Best Game
Most Confusing GM
Most Confusing Game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to suggest more.

Kroatz at 12:48AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Best Mad Bomber
Best Mafia
Best Mayor
Best Townie
Most Untrustwrothy
Most Trustworthy
Best Plugger
Best Leader
Best Deciever
Most fun to play with
Most Active player
Most Destructive player
Best GM
Most Creative game idea
Best Game
Most Confusing GM

That's all Harkovast.

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 1:22PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
How would we vote? Should we PQ you or voice our opinions publicly.
Kroatz
That's all Harkovast.
Seriously? I can think of tons of other players more fitting for most of these titles, off the top of my head.

Of course we can all agree that nobody is more deserving of The Best Plugger title then him.

P.S. I think we should take this seriously. Maybe even post a short strip about it in the mafia comic. Speaking off which. Niccea is trying to relaunch it.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:17PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
How would we vote? Should we PQ you or voice our opinions publicly.
Kroatz
That's all Harkovast.
Seriously? I can think of tons of other players more fitting for most of these titles, off the top of my head.

Of course we can all agree that nobody is more deserving of The Best Plugger title then him.

P.S. I think we should take this seriously. Maybe even post a short strip about it in the mafia comic. Speaking off which. Niccea is trying to relaunch it.

I was thinking of being the ballet box, yes. That way its all secret and no ones feelings will get hurt for not being nominated.

The strip idea is an excellent idea PP! I was thinking about it but I was unsure how to do it. Should it be like DD awards and have different people draw it and annouce the winners or should one person draw it?

I'm working on the Greek God one. I'm finding it frustrating since people have changed their avis since then and I have a OC thing with using the avis that were in the game. Very hard for me.

I'm only on the secound day.

I Am The 1337 Master at 5:33PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
I offered to help with the comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon