MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
Kroatz at 1:35PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Ok, jumping back to other subjects:
I WILL one day host a Mafia NOIR game, when I do, I'll give every player a character, often found in crime drama's. Like the shoplifting boy or the Sexy seducing woman, the cold tough guy cop, the drunk, etc…

What persona would people like?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Product Placement at 1:40PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I would tell you but then people would know it's me the moment I'm mentioned in the narration. :P
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 1:46PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Kroatz
I would tell you but then people would know it's me the moment I'm mentioned in the narration. :P

You'd better tell me or I'll make you a crazy cat lady, just like TFGM and Harkovast!

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 1:54PM, May 1, 2010
(offline)
Why not just PQ what you want to be? Kroatz, I'll get to it as soon as I'm done reviewing FIGHT 2.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Product Placement at 2:00PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Well how would you distinguish between these personas and the roles you give the players?

Are the players who are about to die, and thus are named, portrayed by their appropriate persona, while the players who's identity is still secret portrayed by their role?

Wouldn't it make sense if you tie certain personas to the roles that fit them best? If I wanted to be the shoplifting boy, it would be awfully weird if I was the detective as well, don't you think?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 2:40PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Well how would you distinguish between these personas and the roles you give the players?

Are the players who are about to die, and thus are named, portrayed by their appropriate persona, while the players who's identity is still secret portrayed by their role?

Wouldn't it make sense if you tie certain personas to the roles that fit them best? If I wanted to be the shoplifting boy, it would be awfully weird if I was the detective as well, don't you think?

The personas will be linked to the roles in a way, if Niccea per example would be the detective in Mafia NOIR then she would once have been a librarian, after the riots in Harlem of march 1935 the library burned down, leaving her unemployed and forced to leave her home. She then moved to Cityston, where she became the secretary for the detective of townstreet. After the detectives death two years later she took over the detective agency, using her skills acquired by reading a lot of detective stories. Working together for a little while with a competiting Detectives agency owned by me (Since I'll be telling Mafia NOIR from the detectives standpoint) she soon gathered enough clients to make living a little easier on her, enabling her to take on cases without pay.

Or something like that.

The persona's will not really be clues, since the largest part of the persona will be explained upon death in the narration. Think of it as a way for me to make Mafia more of a crime story and less of a continuous string of pointless deaths.

And a shoplifting boy can be taken in by a detective, who found him hiding in his parents house after their gruesome deaths at the hands of Gullas the butcher and WW1 veteran gone berserk. The shoplifting continued for a while until the Detective caught the boy red-handed. turning him in to the police and severing all ties. The boy, angry at the detective for betraying him, sneaked into the detectives house, stealing some files and starting his own agency several years later, in an attempt to put the original detective out of business. He'd be a bad guy but not a Mafia.

Or something like that.

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 5:59PM, May 1, 2010
(online)
Well then make me the obnoxious salesman or something like that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 10:45PM, May 3, 2010
(offline)
Alright. Back to my previous conversation. Is there any mafia arts that people think they might actually buy?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Mettaur at 1:32PM, May 4, 2010
(offline)
Maybe portraits of the players in the costume of their role?

Oh, and as I promised, I am going to make pictures for all the players!

Take that non-believers! NOw if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cower in my pillow fortress incase I got the ears wrong again.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 7:58AM, May 5, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Alright. Back to my previous conversation. Is there any mafia arts that people think they might actually buy?

…yes.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 2:02PM, May 6, 2010
(offline)
Ah, I remember that. I know I didn't play that game, but I read it over. But seriously, Rokulily in a suit with a hat and gun? Sell it on a shirt. Or a mug, people seem to like buying stuff on mugs. Anyways, onto the next! This is what I got for Alwin.
alwinbot at 4:26PM, May 6, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
Ah, I remember that. I know I didn't play that game, but I read it over. But seriously, Rokulily in a suit with a hat and gun? Sell it on a shirt. Or a mug, people seem to like buying stuff on mugs. Anyways, onto the next! This is what I got for Alwin.

Oh god. I look like an ungrateful douchebag here.

Good thing my comic is an autobiographical one, so it's all true
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Mettaur at 9:57AM, May 15, 2010
(offline)
This one is for Hakoshen!
Hakoshen at 10:13AM, May 15, 2010
(offline)
lol
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:58PM, May 23, 2010
(online)
It has come to my attention that there are some haters out there. I don't care about you I'll keep on collecting titles. But for the convenience of GMs they can just put “TheFlyingGreenMonkey Has a friggin' large amount of titles”

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Salsa at 12:52PM, May 31, 2010
(offline)
As far as I know, dead talking has never been a problem in the Mafia games. Me and Kroatz, however, suspect that a certain someone, who shall remain nameless to avoid starting a flame war, deadtalked to a friend after his death. This in turn has lead to the entire game coming unglued. I understand that the nature of this game leads to plans falling apart and having to deal with unforeseen contingencies,but this, at best was a major breach of the few concrete rules and, at worst, a deliberate sabotage made in spite. I propose that, in light of this, a penalty be made for breaking the no deadtalk rule.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 1:00PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Dead talking is allowed unless insider information is spilled to living players, regardless of whether it was publicly or via PQ's. I didn't pay close enough attention to the game after my death so I don't fully know who you're talking about but there should be some sort of punishment for breaching this rule if it's possible to prove it.

Obviously, it it was posted on the game thread, the proof is there for all to see but if the dead player PQ some info to a living player, then there really is only 2 things that could prove the act:
1: The guilty person admits what he did (resulting in a mild punishment or a warning, if it's his/her first violation)
2: The person who received the tip, informs how s/he acquired the info, resulting in a much harsher punishment (long term ban from the game).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 1:01PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Aside from the deadtalking issue the same person has also been asking about roles after his death. I know this is not against any rule but the person has been specifically asking about a friends role, wether the person was a townie or a paranoid, someone who was at the time still in the game. The ‘reason’ for the asking was becuase the person wished to make ‘art’ for everyone, linked to their roles.

I responded with the message that I wouldn't tell any roles, and that it was more than likely cheating that the person was trying to do. I even warned them that it might cause them punishment, or even banning. They didn't respond to the message, later acting like nothing happened. I am under the honest impression that the person should be banned from the game, mostly for royally FUCKING my game up.

- Albert Einstein
same at 1:06PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Did i fuck it up?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Kroatz at 1:07PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Let's just say you did, how should we respond?

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 1:13PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
There's a rumor about an unwritten rule related to a certain “club”, who's existence can neither be confirmed or denied. Only the members of that group are allowed to inquire about roles after their death. Whether or not this rule actually exists, it is hypothesized that these “club” members have somehow proven that they can be trusted with this incredibly delicate insider info.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 1:17PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
If i fucked it up i wont play again.
Kroatz at 1:31PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
same
If i fucked it up i wont play again.

you didn't fuck up.

- Albert Einstein
alwinbot at 1:34PM, May 31, 2010
(offline)
It was most definitely Mettaur.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Product Placement at 1:46PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
If it's true that Mettaur affected the gameplay with insider information, then we need to impose a temporary or even permanent ban. It needs to be clear that such actions will not be tolerated.

But first, I want to give Mettaur a chance to explain himself before we start throwing rocks.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 2:01PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
I actually sighed in relief.
Product Placement at 2:20PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
I've been snooping around, PQ'ing left and right and just read Salsa's side of the story in the current game thread.

It now seems that both Byndris and Mettaur are being accused of spreading insider info.

Hark just confirmed that Byndris informed him of the roles of the remaining Mobsters and Kroatz has given me pretty concrete info about how Byndris and Mettaur had been behaving behind the scenes.

I've PQ'd mettaur, asking for his side of the story and want to wait about how we rule this, until he's done just that.

Until then, we just have to wait…

… and see.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 2:26PM, May 31, 2010
(online)

Product Placement at 3:28PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Ok. I now have an updated story. Mettaur was still alive when he told Byndris about those mafia roles. However, Byndris was dead at the time he gave Hark those information so he's guilty of deadtalking (Hark told me that Byndris was dead). Edit: Mettaur just contacted me and swore he didn't deadtalk. Edit Edit: And now I've been informed that Byndris didn't even die.

P.S. There seems to be allot of tension around here now, so I'm gonna suggest we all take a breather and collect ourselves. There's no need to say stuff you might regret later on.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 4:37PM, May 31, 2010
(offline)
Um…this sounds stupid, but when did Brydis die in the game? Kroatz didn't keep up with the list very much. And there was no linking.

-edit- Byndris didn't die…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon