Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
lefarce at 11:21PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Zang One
I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT MY TOPWEBCOMICS VOTE LINK INTO MY COMIC AND ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!

Well in all fairness your signature implies you aren't the best with code. First of all, stick to BB code when making a sig.

Secondly, between what tables are you dropping the code? I'm assuming you've just copied the code off the site, right?

EDIT: Actually, post the code in your reply and I'll slap it in my comic to see where it goes and then get back to you. Just make sure to his the “code” button at the top of the page and paste the code you copied from Topwebcomics between the brackets that appear.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Nicky James at 12:42AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Someone help me out! what type of files does this stinkin website take? i do a comic entirely based off of mspaint. how do i upload it. thanx!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
warefish at 1:40AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
Nicky James
Someone help me out! what type of files does this stinkin website take? i do a comic entirely based off of mspaint. how do i upload it. thanx!
Ahh! You must have saved your comic as a bitmap file. yes?
This site only takes jpeg and png files (from what I can remember).
I hope that I have helped somewhat… ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Nicky James at 2:02AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
warefish
Nicky James
Ahh! You must have saved your comic as a bitmap file. yes?
This site only takes jpeg and png files (from what I can remember).
I hope that I have helped somewhat… ;)

that was 50% helpful. so, it needs to be jpeg or png huh? well how could i do that. explain please good sir!
skoolmunkee at 2:15AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
In the future please keep “help” topics in the “help” forum, not in the rant thread, which is for other things entirely. :) Have a look at the list of available forums before you choose one to post in.

Drunk Duck also accepts GIF files.

When you're in Paint and want to save your file, instead of doing File-> Save, do File -> Save As. In that dialogue box, there is a little drop down menu named “Save as type” - choose png or gif from that list, then give your picture a filename as usual and save it.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Nicky James at 2:21AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
skoolmunkee
In the future please keep “help” topics in the “help” forum, not in the rant thread, which is for other things entirely. :) Have a look at the list of available forums before you choose one to post in.

Drunk Duck also accepts GIF files.

When you're in Paint and want to save your file, instead of doing File-> Save, do File -> Save As. In that dialogue box, there is a little drop down menu named “Save as type” - choose png or gif from that list, then give your picture a filename as usual and save it.

thanx sir. Sorry, im still a total n00b! haha. i shouldve looked more closely. thanx.
skoolmunkee at 2:33AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Nicky James- dont' worry about it, just keep in in mind for later. :)

ozoneocean
Hippie Van
mike_mcpeeper
Discovery #3: The battle between cake and pie will never end!

They should have a delicious lovechild who will bring us all together.
It's called the “Tart”, but Americans refuse to knowledge it… just calling it another kind of pie :(
It's because they have a pastry crust, anything with a pastry crust is a pie, even if it has fluffy cake matter in it.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 2:50AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Skoolmunkee
It's because they have a pastry crust, anything with a pastry crust is a pie, even if it has fluffy cake matter in it.
But my dear Skoolmunkee, a tart has no pastry on the top, the filling is exposed. Have you learned nothing here?! :)
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
warefish at 3:21AM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
I hate my school computers!!!

That is all…

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
crocty at 1:57PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
So we found this baby hedgehog, and it's too light to hibernate. D:
So for a week or two, we're feeding it until it's heavy enough to hibernate, then we're putting it in the garage for it to hibernate. :3

It eats loudly. D:
I mean, I can hear it through a door, nomming and smacking it's lips.
Cheeky little bliter.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
AQua_ng at 2:09PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Just tie some dumbbells to it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Ozoneocean at 2:09PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
Tart!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Steely Gaze at 2:52PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
Tart!

Cripes! Watch your language around ladies! What were you, raised in a barn? ;)
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
crocty at 3:04PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
AQua_ng
Just tie some dumbbells to it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
I like the way this kid thinks! :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
seventy2 at 3:26PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
stoopid work…stoopid stoopid ness….i hate getting home at 530….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
HippieVan at 4:52PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
crocty
So we found this baby hedgehog, and it's too light to hibernate. D:
So for a week or two, we're feeding it until it's heavy enough to hibernate, then we're putting it in the garage for it to hibernate. :3

It eats loudly. D:
I mean, I can hear it through a door, nomming and smacking it's lips.
Cheeky little bliter.

AAAAAAAWWW! I WANT IT!

Rant: I keep waiting for something to happen. But nothing ever does. It's ridiculous.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 4:59PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Hippie Van
Rant: I keep waiting for something to happen. But nothing ever does. It's ridiculous.
All your life,
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Arashi_san at 5:45PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Ironscarfs Ghost
Hippie Van
All your life,
Into the light of a dark black night…

All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise…
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
mike_mcpeeper at 6:05PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
What is this!? Open mic night at the local “hip” club where hippies spit out poems that don't make sense!? Just kidding…lol! It just sounded like all of you were saying deep poems from the soul, or something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
bravo1102 at 6:36PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
Please Democrats don't bring back the Fairness Doctrine! I want to hear the Conservative talk show hosts whine, bitch and moan for the next four-eight years! I loved talk radio when Clinton was president. lol!

So I just updated my comic and it's current until the middle of November. Now what do I do next?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
seventy2 at 7:11PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
hey bravo, i've got three little letters for you. o. r. e.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
HippieVan at 8:50PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
Arashi_san
Ironscarfs Ghost
Hippie Van
All your life,
Into the light of a dark black night…

All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise…

That song has a special place in my heart. I was little and the tv was on…it was the first thing I ever saw Paul McCartney singing, and the first time I fell in love. <3
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Salsicoruc at 9:01PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(offline)
I had already taken my bra off for this evening so when I ran down the hall to answer the phone my back popped on an upswing. -_-;;;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Skullbie at 10:10PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
So my states proposition to bar sam-sex marriage is winning, again. -__-

But poor california, jesus christ you'd think if that state couldn't win then there's no hope for the gays.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
JoeL_CQB at 11:14PM, Nov. 4, 2008
(online)
prop 8 in cali is passing and that is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy. (“lame” gay)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Arashi_san at 12:04AM, Nov. 5, 2008
(offline)
JoeL_CQB
prop 8 in cali is passing and that is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy. (“lame” gay)
lol!

Skullbie

But poor california, jesus christ you'd think if that state couldn't win then there's no hope for the gays.
haha! I'm in California, not far from West Hollywood, renowned, reviled, and feared for it's dense population of homosexuals. I've been in that area (my straight uncle lives there) and it's kind of amusing, yet occasionally awkward, as much as I hate to admit.

I'm one of those people who is against marriage altogether, but I'm not against homosexuality. I believe, however, if straight people can get married, gay people should be able to, also. It's a great opportunity to screw up lives, though. : /

Soooooo, vote NO on prop 8.

shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
Blues at 12:26AM, Nov. 5, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie

You guys only just voted a black guy in and so far I've heard very little from the US media about whether he's a good politician as and discussing him past the fact he's black. Sadly I think you're a while off from same sex marriage.

Now to my rant, I am already sick of the term “watershed moment” being bandied around by US media and obama only won a few hours ago, sure its good to see the first black president but that hardly means america just opened the gates and said “hey everyone we're totally accepting of everyone who isn't a white heterosexual now”. Drawing attention to the fact you have a black president is like showing him off and saying “see america doesn't suck anymore we like black people now…for realsies”. Really there was no choice unless you wanted in someone who was too much like the guy who dragged the country through the mud for the last 8 years and with the current state of the US I think most people understood that it would be the stupidest thing to repeat. Obama should never have been measured by his race but by how he is at the job you guys were voting him in for. I guess at least it shows that you guys won't refuse to vote for someone cos of their race.
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
and i dunno what to do… she's 100% serious
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Willicus at 12:42AM, Nov. 5, 2008
(offline)
mike_mcpeeper
What is this!? Open mic night at the local “hip” club where hippies spit out poems that don't make sense!? Just kidding…lol! It just sounded like all of you were saying deep poems from the soul, or something.
I like to hug trees.
I like to kiss their leaves.
Kids say I'm weird,
'Cause I grew a beard.

That's my best hippie poetry.
Love it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Skullbie at 1:00AM, Nov. 5, 2008
(online)
Blues
“hey everyone we're totally accepting of everyone who isn't a white heterosexual now”.
But really Obama is the first president to give so much respect to blacks and women, I mean in earnest, unlike many other white male presidents. He had a speech in new york earlier today and well over half the crowd was female/black. (lol even oprah winfrey was there)

There's a bit of contempt rising towards white heterosexual males in the country lately, any authority they used to hold just by being white/male is being flushed down the guilt toilet in stead of clogging it up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Katch at 1:04AM, Nov. 5, 2008
(offline)
*croak* i HAAAAAAATE colds~!! hate them o_e with a burning evil passion. I would rather have the flu than a cold, dead serious- at least you can sleep with the flu XP

And GRAH, no matter how much medicine i took or how much sleep i had…the snuffles aren't going away…bah, and i have to show up at my club tomorrow XD
well this'll be a hoot- at least i can't give it to my boyfriend X3
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon