Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
meemjar at 12:06PM, April 27, 2012
(offline)
Putrid Meat is back and as Bad-assed as ever!

In the most recent addition (Spoilers) it looks like Bones has a new enemy in the form of a guy who's a cross between Bruce the shark and Jabba the Hutt!

I wonder whats going to be up with that?!

In the meantime Smorty Smythe is back to kick ass! His new adventure starts in May!!
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Dragon_Fists_of_Smorty_Smythe/
and if you go back about 32 you'll see a'Docu-comic' on the Monastery he lived in.
last edited on April 27, 2012 12:08PM
kyupol at 8:53PM, April 27, 2012
(online)
@Dragon Fists
- Nice cover. And yep… Franz Anton Mesmer… one of the pioneers of the science known as Hypnosis. :)
MAG-ISA updates today
http://www.drunkduck.com/MAG_ISA/5390425/
- goths, emos, and angsty teenagers are to be profiled as terrorists. :)
Genejoke at 4:31AM, April 29, 2012
(online)
Emotionally unbalanced teens are such a danger. I wonder if you are on any government databases for making this comic? heh amusing thought.
———————————————————————————————————-
The Hero Factor has a new page as Super average teenage girls first test begins.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Hero_Factor/
Escutcheon at 5:47PM, May 2, 2012
(online)
Quite the amusing entry from The Hero Factor! The power of hyperbole really sells the experience and cracks a smile quite easily. Looking forward to the next update!
-
This week, on Dueling Heroes, Effex is hit and in danger- can he muster the strength to turn this fight around?
kyupol at 8:37PM, May 3, 2012
(online)
@Dueling Heroes - cool fight scene these past few pages. Also… cliche villain running away. lol (that happens in my comics too… not knocking on you)
________
MAG-ISA
- We get to listen to a fictional radio show…
http://www.drunkduck.com/MAG_ISA/5391399/
JazylH at 10:25PM, May 4, 2012
(online)
Mag-Isa - WOW new villain in the page before Continues with Xeus chasing Master Surya through the sactuary.

Updated Mondays & Fridays
Evil_Hare at 1:36PM, May 5, 2012
(online)
Excellent use of B/W, and great panel flow!
JTEH has finally updated - http://www.drunkduck.com/Jake_the_Evil_Hare/
okoyakicomics at 8:56AM, May 6, 2012
(online)
Jake the Evil Hare is, put simply, pretty frickin' funny. I really like the art style, and the character of Jake is so decadently anti-hero that he alone could drive the story, but even with that, the rest of the cast is pretty good too. Favoriting this one right away!
Okonomi Yaki, after a brief hiatus caused by a semester from hell, is back with its sixth chapter! All things are finally revealed, inluding the meaning behind Terri's mysterious message: “Go North!” The most dangerous fight of the Yaki siblings' lives looms large as volume one begins to come to a close!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Okonomi_Yaki/5391692/

Thanks for reading!
kyupol at 3:34AM, May 7, 2012
(online)
@Okonomi Yaki - nice cliffhanger at the end there. Explosion coulda been drawn better though.
____
MAG-ISA
-The aftermath of the school shooting continues to be discussed. The police officer talks about his version of the events…
http://www.drunkduck.com/MAG_ISA/5391817/
mangaka2170 at 11:11AM, May 8, 2012
(online)
As usual, an excellent combination of plot and penmanship.
—–
In this update of Frontier: 2170, the tension is mounting…
Read Frontier: 2170 here (updates Tuesdays and Fridays)
Escutcheon at 11:09PM, May 9, 2012
(online)
2170: The tension may be mounting indeed- I like the look at the other side of things during such a dramatic speech- definitely a viewpoint that gets neglected. Good work!
-
This week on Dueling Heroes, the page format has changed completely! Egad! Also, is Effex headed for trouble when he goes to help his rival?
mangaka2170 at 9:29AM, May 11, 2012
(online)
I gotta say, I kinda like the idea of a superhero, after defeating a horde of anything, keeping one of them as a pet. I still think there are some things you could improve on, such as the smoothness of your lineart, but that may be more a difference of art style rather than a technical flaw.

—–
In this update of Frontier: 2170, “Trick Shot! I'm getting multiple target locks!”
D Comix at 1:12PM, May 14, 2012
(online)
For Frontier, the story's still good and I notice that I see improvement in the drawings and inking as I read on. Good job!

Mad Chicken updates with the story moving onto Gerald and Froggix's lives.
Freedom Fighters (Ongoing)
Skooland (Updates Mondays and Fridays)
Mad Chicken Auto(On Temporary hiatus)
mangaka2170 at 10:35AM, May 15, 2012
(online)
The most recent update of Mad Chicken Auto shows a marked improvement in quality. The lines are crisper and contrast better against the paper, which isn't as messy as in previous versions. I take it you're using a number of softer leads to get your lines and shading?
—–
In this update of Frontier: 2170, “I'm hit! Ejectng!”
Tantz_Aerine at 2:27AM, May 17, 2012
(online)
For Frontier 2170: Strong messages in the dialogue and excellent grayscale use, well done!

Finally Without Moonlight updates today, with reprisals being announced- it's all Martha's fault.
Escutcheon at 1:45PM, May 17, 2012
(online)
Without Moonlight- Egad, the punch of that last page there is simply brutal, highlighting just how savage and cruel the enemy really are. Great work! It is quite clear that your heroes are up against more than mere stereotypes, but truly vicious foes who exemplify the worst in mankind as a whole, while remaining human on the individual level, if cold.
-
This week- Effex looks to be pushing his luck as he seems to have hit a spot of good luck (Finally!)) Hopefully, Scareflare doesn't crack!
ATBL at 11:57AM, May 18, 2012
(online)
@Escutcheon: I like the ridiculousness of the characters. The villain,
Scareflare, reminds me of someone that'd be in Venture Bros. Haha.

Yesterday's update atATBL, idiot Claire is slowly catching on to the fact that
her bf, Thomas, isn't totally committed to the relationship and was spotted at a hipster speed dating event. But she is naive
easy to manipulate. (note: by the time someone checks out the site the next page may have already posted so…)

D Comix at 5:54PM, May 18, 2012
(online)
@ATBL The inking looks really clean and the design of the characters shows lots of realism reminding me of King of the Hill. The humor is great btw.

—————-
Today in Mad Chicken, Froggix can't stand to be hidden any longer and decides to hop out of Gerald's hat.
Freedom Fighters (Ongoing)
Skooland (Updates Mondays and Fridays)
Mad Chicken Auto(On Temporary hiatus)
Byth1 at 7:51PM, May 20, 2012
(online)
@D Comix, The art's simple but pretty good looking, the story seems to just be getting started so don't have much to say about it. The only problem I have is the text is hard to read.
———–
In the latest update of The Legends, two superhumans sword fight while a riot wages in the streets!
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
last edited on May 20, 2012 7:56PM
kyupol at 5:44PM, May 22, 2012
(online)
@the Legends - nice fight scene. just put speedlines or something ^^
______
MAG-ISA
http://mag-isa.thecomicseries.com/comics/511
- 6 months after the school shooting incident… a new preacher arises…
Escutcheon at 9:58PM, May 23, 2012
(online)
I haven't had much time to really delve into MAG-ISA, but from what I've seen so far, the comic is very good at provoking a real strong reader response- this strip in particular being a pondering reminder- those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it- or worse. Great work!
-
This week on Dueling Heroes- Effex may have gotten past Paranoious and Scareflare, but now comes a challenge he didn't even begin to account for- fitting back in.
mangaka2170 at 9:20AM, May 25, 2012
(online)
You'll probably want to work on your perspective; your sidewalks will look straighter and your high-angle shots less awkward. Also, some of your character movements are more than a little stiff, but then again I often run into the same problem.
—–
In this update of Frontier: 2170, “I call upon you, my comrades, to stand up to the Oppressors from Earth and say, ‘enough is enough!’”
Tantz_Aerine at 1:12PM, May 25, 2012
(online)
For Frontier: Good job offsetting that speech with the battle prepping/beginning, and the use of lens flare in this case is quite fitting :D
_______
Brave Resistance updates today with Nikos complaining that his job is getting harder and harder.
ATBL at 3:05PM, May 26, 2012
(online)
@Tantz Aerine: The colors in you comic are very interesting. How do you do them? They look kinda like markersbut not. Like clean markers. I assume they are digital, yes? If so, what's your favorite brush to work with?
-
Cool fight scene in the recent pages, btw. OOooo, and please elaborate on the cops manhandling you! Haha! Dirty rotten pigs.
-
@D Comix: Thanks! Oh man, I used to love King of the Hill. It got a little preachy in the later seasons (well, I guess it was always a bit preachy), but it was certainly always one of the best animate shows.
-
I know I posted recently, but And To Be Loved just went through a HUGE change! WE ARE NOW DOING COLOR! So I was compelled to post again lol.

last edited on May 26, 2012 3:17PM
PIT_FACE at 6:50AM, May 27, 2012
(online)
ATBL-what a page to switch to color!hahaha! and it looks great! i like how the one before it was gradually switching over and then the next one's fully colored. started reading from the begning of the chapter too and i love R. he's such a shit!haha! keep it up!
also thank you for your kind words about BR. Tantz does all the coloring on the pages and she does a great job!
PUTRID MEAT- the escappees a starting to resemble tuna in a tin can. only two weeks into what could be a very long journey for them back to Septica.

Ice 9 at 9:32AM, May 28, 2012
(online)
Got to admit your artwork is different from most of what we
see on the Duck. Still, man, you story is at a depressing point. ;p

http://www.drunkduck.com/Adventures_of_Jonny_American/
my comic is … umm … well… kind of funny :/
Indigo Sharpe at 11:51AM, May 29, 2012
(online)
Ah…alright just looked at your comic had to read through it since I couldn't really get what it was about through just the update.
It was good. I sort of got vibes that you might have had some deeper message there but I couldn't really pick it up. But that's mostly me I'm a "the cigar's just a cigar kind of guy even when I'm not super super drowsy like now.
The art style was simple kind of rough but not in a bad way reminded sort when first saw Adventure time with Fin and Jake.
The content was dryly funny, with taste that was kind of like monty python mixed with american dad mixed with maybe kafka.
Don't hold kafka thing against it might just be giant cockroach throwing me for a loop.
Any way like I said your was good and enjoyable and quickread though their seemed to be some repition or were those edits…again very very drowsy.
Any…..I'd give you four and a half out five if they had a rating system. There were a few points where I missed jokes because I couldn't read them….or is that just my fading vision…ha…ha… the family was funny though I would have like to get to know them better.
And there was a limit to the coherency between the work scenes.
It felt more like a comic strip then a book, which it might have been in which case I'm an idiot and it's not a problem….
On to my comic.
You are here and other cosmic jokes is an incoherent and mostly nonsensical comic where a newly ressurected immortal magician bums it up at his tightly wound summon monsters apartment in a world where science and magic have finally reached a singularity. All of it just in time for the world's shady lofts and seedy underbellies to bring out the end of their brave new world. In theory I'm hoping for good mix of laughs and action. I just started it up actually. Five opening pages and one thats should be more representative of what I'm trying to do with the comic. The art might suck please bear with it. I promise it'll get better that's one of the main reason's I'm writting the comic. That and also to get a good feel of whether I prefer to write and draw or just write.

You can bring a man to tears but you can't make him cry.
http://www.drunkduck.com/You_Are_Here_and_Other_Cosmic_Jokes_/
mangaka2170 at 11:56AM, May 29, 2012
(online)
Gotta say, I'm a fan of the armchair philosopher style you have going there. I might just have to borrow that for my next infodump, if you don't mind.
—–
In this update of Frontier: 2170, “The time is now to draw first blood against our distant terrestrial overlords!”
Tantz_Aerine at 6:35AM, May 30, 2012
(online)
For Frontier: It's really interesting how the bubbles add to the rest of the art to get across the feeling of the scene. Good job :)
___

Without Moonlight updates today with Orestes failing completely at pep talks.
Escutcheon at 7:39PM, May 30, 2012
(online)
The drama leaps off the page- the emotion is done amazingly well and it really does show the coldness of this particular sect of the ‘good guys’. When it boils down to it, they will do whatever it takes to survive, and it's number one first. Absolutely great work.
-
This week, on Dueling Heroes, while things cool off after our heroes' (mis)adventures, in darkness appear familar faces.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon