Tips and Tricks/Support *

Unnoticed Creative DD comics
Luminous at 12:40PM, May 5, 2008
(online)
Opaque Dreams has already been mentioned, but it needs to be mentioned again. The story is engaging, with likeable chacters, and complemented with very pretty, stylised art and skillful crosshatching.

What If is a single panel comic consisting of “What if…?” situations, and chock full of genuinely funny puns.

Stuck has beautiful, professional-level art. The story is shaping up to be very interesting as well.

See my art on… Flickr | Tumblr
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
kiandranishan at 2:07PM, May 5, 2008
(offline)
mlai
http://www.drunkduck.com/Tales_of_the_Traveling_Gnome

Okay then, this one. Serious-tone D&D-type comic. Has it been mentioned yet?

1. Professional (literally) artwork and colors.
2. Good sized archive.
3. Been here since last year. Doesn't have the number of commenting readers proportionate with its quality.

Maybe all its readers just go to its parent site, since this is a mirror. Personally I have nothing against mirrors, though.

omg! I totally forgot about this comic! This was the 2nd webcomic I had ever read and I lost the link…and was too lazy to google it >.>

Dang, adding more comics to my already over 200 reading list -_-'
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
DarkChibiShadow at 8:39PM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
Luminous
Opaque Dreams has already been mentioned, but it needs to be mentioned again. The story is engaging, with likeable chacters, and complemented with very pretty, stylised art and skillful crosshatching.

What If is a single panel comic consisting of “What if…?” situations, and chock full of genuinely funny puns.

Stuck has beautiful, professional-level art. The story is shaping up to be very interesting as well.

F-YEAH FOR OPAQUE DREAMS! You and me, we are awesome fans! O:

(Can't believe I kept forgeting to put that nom. up…)

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
blntmaker at 7:26AM, May 19, 2008
(offline)
To all new DD-ers and even you old school cats - a classic and ALREADY FEATURED series is back!

Go check out A View Of Venus!

The creator is reloading all past episodes and will soon post new material! A series that is not to be missed. Only four pages in the archives at the moment…Go play catch up!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
DAJB at 9:19AM, June 6, 2008
(online)
Here's one that not too many people seem to have discovered yet: Awakenings by Eric Hobbs.

The B&W line art is excellent and, even though the comic is still new here, the story is already developing multiple layers. If you like a bit of intrigue in your story-led comics, this is definitely one to check out!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
skoolmunkee at 3:07PM, June 15, 2008
(offline)
Nothing Really Serious popped up a few days ago and it's really good- the thing is she's uploading like 10 pages a day and she says the comic is already finished. I'm worried she'll blow through her pages and the comic won't have time to gain an audience.

Romance comic but nice art style, and not the happy manga kind of romance- the unhappy indy comic kind of romance, for the curious :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Doctor Shadow at 4:03PM, June 15, 2008
(online)
I quite like that one, though yeah, they might run the risk of blowing through their archive. This is why I'm generating Wyrden's content as I go and it's a huge, varied story that spans a lot of my book related stuff.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
junoblairb at 6:37PM, June 15, 2008
(online)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Swordwaltzer/

Looks like it's updating again - ridiculously professional work and full color. Fantasy meets war - Rune magic that kind of thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
skoolmunkee at 12:37PM, June 16, 2008
(offline)
junoblairb

Looks like it's updating again - ridiculously professional work and full color. Fantasy meets war - Rune magic that kind of thing.

I never know about that one. That guy (and the comic) have been around 7 years or more and he never seems to make it past 20 pages or so before he vanishes, takes his comic down, and reappears a year or two later with retooled pages. I think this is his third comeback. Let's hope he can stick with it this time.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Doctor Shadow at 6:45AM, June 18, 2008
(online)
junoblairb

Not enough there for me to form a cohesive opinion, but what's there, yeah, it's nicely done. Reminds me of Top Cow's stuff a little…which is a good and a bad thing for me. I used to be into the Darkness, Witchblade, when I was younger but no so much now.

It's on my ‘keep an eye’ list though now, thanks juno :)
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
DAJB at 12:40PM, July 4, 2008
(online)
Here's a fairly new one that deserves to be checked out: By the Blade.

The artwork is a very striking mix of B&W with occasional colour and, even though it's only 14 pages in, the story is already pretty intriguing.
Aussie_kid at 12:27AM, July 5, 2008
(online)
DAJB

The artwork is a very striking mix of B&W with occasional colour and, even though it's only 14 pages in, the story is already pretty intriguing.

There we go, fixed it up for you. Now to go check it out
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
DAJB at 5:12AM, July 5, 2008
(online)
Aussie_kid
There we go, fixed it up for you. Now to go check it out
Oops - that'll teach me to check my posts after pressing “Send!” Thanks!
Crazy Dutchman at 5:58AM, July 6, 2008
(offline)
You should all read Sheeps, so very funnay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
skoolmunkee at 1:16PM, July 6, 2008
(offline)
DAJB

Hmm, he was posting this comic on DD before, but he'd only made it about 8 or 9 complete pages in, after that it was unfinished pages, teasers, etc until about page 30… good to see he seems to have gotten more of them completed :) I don't really blame him for re-uploading them all, it will help bring in some new readers.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
JustNoPoint at 2:41PM, July 10, 2008
(online)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Hexagon_Death_Squad/

This comic has got to be one of the best comics I have seen in regards to fight scenes and choreography! Has really good art to boot, a very interesting style set in a futuristic anti democracy world.

This comic had my mouth dropping over and over again. The author is an artistic genius!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Amelius at 5:03AM, July 11, 2008
(offline)
I think I may mention a few now that I think have been overlooked so far (I could be wrong…)but I would recommend any of these:

Gravedust has lovely black and white art and very cute and charming stories. Rudy is downright adorable. The art reminds me somewhat of the classic days of MAD magazine (back when it was a comic!)though I'm not saying it looks like it, it looks like it would be at home there!

Hatpireis adorable! Simple and appealing artwork with very expressive characters, done without dialogue. Cute and funny!

Maggot Boy Great line work, you might miss the color after it's gone but the smooth and clean lines are good enough that you'll hardly notice after a while! An awesome zombie comic, enjoyable character designs and personalities.

Mary Sue AcademyJust found this one recently, a very interesting take on the Mary Sue phenomenon! Just take a look for yourself. Nice art too, lovely character designs.

Red Melancholy The first chapter's art is marvelous. I sort of wish the author continued in this direction, but she hasn't updated in a while. Definitely worth the look, hopefully she'll update it again! She says it is mostly experimental however, so the change should not be a surprise if you're aware of this.

Beautiful Skies Lovely artwork and character design, my only complaint is it gets a little too busy at times and hard to tell what is going on. A very interesting story going on (albeit a little confusing at times as perspectives jump from character to character). Very dramatic story, but I think in a good way.

WonkedoAbsolutely fun art and writing, a great cartoony-manga style that we don't see often, a main character that looks somewhat like a Fraggle (Remember Fraggles anyone? they ROCKED) and a great attention to detail and movement that it almost seems animated. A twisted and surreal cartoon world, and it makes me reminisce of the good old days of Saturday morning cartoons.

Never Trust The WizardBeautiful art an and intriguing story thus far. And I looove the design of the…well, I won't spoil it but I totally geeked out for it.

Ever Hollowdoesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. Beautiful art and coloring, and great character designs (I am all about character design, see!)

Obiithas a great creepy style that compliments the creepy atmosphere of the story. Saw this one before it came to DD in fact, glad that Mint is posting here now!

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
CoyoteLongshot at 1:52PM, July 13, 2008
(offline)
Wow, nice list, Amelius! I checked them out and they're each really cool in their own right. So much talent around here…
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
Doctor Shadow at 8:09AM, July 17, 2008
(online)
Very cool list :)
Net at 5:28PM, July 26, 2008
(online)
mlai
http://www.drunkduck.com/Tales_of_the_Traveling_Gnome

Okay then, this one. Serious-tone D&D-type comic. Has it been mentioned yet?

1. Professional (literally) artwork and colors.
2. Good sized archive.
3. Been here since last year. Doesn't have the number of commenting readers proportionate with its quality.

Maybe all its readers just go to its parent site, since this is a mirror. Personally I have nothing against mirrors, though.

Actually, to answer this (since I just found it, my apologies for taking this long)… the reason that the DD site of TTG is only a comic mirror and not a full-fledged comic site…

Is because, well… I couldn't figure out at the time how to make the DD pages look similar to the other site. At the time of opening the TTG DD site, Michelle and I were in the process of checking other sites out, to see if we wanted to move TTG away from comicgenesis.

Plus, at the time (haven't checked since setting up the original site, might have changed by now), you could only upload like 2 or 3 images at once. This would have taken FOREVER to upload all the various images that are on the entire site.

I wish TTG received more comments on its DD pages, because it's the ONLY site where we have instant feedback like that. I have almost no idea if anyone even likes any of the pages on the CG side unless the come out and TELL me. Which saddens me. :(

>Net

Updating monthly since January, 2005!
**now full time on the Duck!**
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
korosu at 12:43PM, July 27, 2008
(online)
I've recently discovered MATRIX, which is evidently a Matrix fan comic. I can't say much about the story because it's only three pages in, but I'm really digging the art style and thought it deserved a mention.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
DarkChibiShadow at 6:51PM, July 30, 2008
(offline)
Crazy Dutchman
I definatly agree!

Another comic my SadTakara is up, and its so beautiful as always!

Everyone should check out Blue!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Blue0/

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
amanda at 1:40PM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
This one is brand spankin' new, but there's almost 20 pages of story up. Looks to be an interesting ride. Check out Sophia Awakening.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
zero rose at 11:47AM, Aug. 13, 2008
(offline)
A Bit Cheesy and Of Snakes and Apples are very interesting.

And, you know, I have a comic too…

*apples are chucked for shameless self-promotion*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Sandy Y at 6:26PM, Aug. 13, 2008
(offline)
DarkChibiShadow
Crazy Dutchman
I definatly agree!

He he…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
Deraymou at 12:29PM, Aug. 14, 2008
(online)
Never really posted on the forums before, but I decided to lurk! And here I am.

I wanted to recommend a bundle of comics, but I wanted to keep it simple.

Read any of the comics by DarkChibiShadow. She has a unique, manga-style art, and while it's not the best art, she only has room for improvement, she's only 16, and has yet to bother with any sort of classes. She has a unique horror comic called LifeDeath, which I'd give an overview but I always worry about giving things away, and a number of other romantic comics, such as two that were just nominated for the DrunkDuck Awards: WIRES and WIRES 2. Both are Teenage Yaois (gay romance) that are peppered with comical bits that are sure to make you smile.

I guess I didn't keep this simple! Forgive my gushing, I really love her comics D:

Linkage! (Sorry if any of these don't work)
LifeDeath: http://www.drunkduck.com/LIFE_DEATH/index.php?p=211252
WIRES: http://www.drunkduck.com/WIRES/index.php?p=313818
WIRES 2: http://www.drunkduck.com/WIRES_2/index.php?p=420139
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Sandy Y at 4:52PM, Aug. 14, 2008
(offline)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Ganter_and_Friends/

This one is very good. It's in my favorites list.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
DarkChibiShadow at 9:26PM, Aug. 14, 2008
(offline)
I found a cute comic that has a really nice style and is really nicely toned.

The Author is entering it in a contest, so it updates regularly.

It's about a boy who is blind (not forever, just temproraily) and his family moves out in the sticks for a while so he can get better.

He mets this kid out in the woods, and then later his Auntie tells him it might be a ghost. Oooo~ So we are all waiting to see whats up with the kid.

Check it out, I really enjoy it!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Forest_Dew/

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
Warpedwenger at 12:55PM, Aug. 15, 2008
(offline)
Forest Dew looks really nice! Thanks for the heads up Shadow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Tamerlane at 9:23PM, Aug. 15, 2008
(online)
I really like this comic: Space Flakes
I think it's very unique and fun to read. And judging from the lack of comments I think its pretty unnoticed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon