Tips and Tricks/Support *

Unnoticed Creative DD comics
TheMidge28 at 9:58AM, Aug. 19, 2008
(online)
long time no see but here's a comic which needs some notice…
How To Be Bulletproof by kirttrik.
Not to be confused with Bulletproof by spacehamster, HTBB is a black and white comic which is a mesh of supernatural and gangsters. Great art and story-telling and some funny parts thrown in definitely worth checking out!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
JustNoPoint at 2:35PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(online)
http://www.drunkduck.com/RealmWorld/
Some of the best art I have ever seen. This comic, like it's theme… is pure magic!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Luminous at 2:26AM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
JustNoPoint
Some of the best art I have ever seen. This comic, like it's theme… is pure magic!

Dang! You beat me to it. I just found this comic yesterday and faved it immediately. It's absolutely gorgeous.

See my art on… Flickr | Tumblr
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Skullbie at 4:46AM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
JustNoPoint
Freaking awesome! none of the story has been revealed and i'm already hooked *o*

Also i read that as reamworld—\\>_>
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
ttyler at 2:13PM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
Not sure if this comic has been mentioned, but I really Dig RANCAT. It's just a well done super hero/vigilante comic with TONS of heart. I don't have a link on me…….
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
JustNoPoint at 5:09PM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
http://www.drunkduck.com/THE_RANCAT/

I mentioned it a few pages back. But I guess not many that want to comment are into it for some reason.

Maybe they missed the link last time.
ttyler at 7:00PM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
I have mentioned Rancat to some administrators. It really has lots of heart. The creator sometimes gets little, or no feedback, but still fills the pages with lots of heart and excellent art. That goes a long way in my book. Rancat is very cool!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
shaneronzio at 7:23AM, Aug. 25, 2008
(online)
Check this out, it's new, and I like the art style.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Gello_Apocalypse/

Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
sethfronzoli at 7:27PM, Aug. 25, 2008
(offline)
I confer,

I'm really digging what Shawn “workshop13” Atkins is doing with Gello Apocalypse.

I first met him at the 2007 Pittsburgh ComiCon, he has a real distinct style and great eye for design. I'm glad he brought his work to “The Duck”!
Seth A. Fronzoli
Co-Writer/Collaborator of Explorers of the Unknown
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
DAJB at 11:14AM, Sept. 12, 2008
(online)
Another comic receiving very little feedback (which may or may not be an indication as to whether it's unnoticed) is Strange Attractors.

It's described by its creator as a “post-modern take on romance and adventure comics” and an attempt to “meld genres”. I don't know about that. I do know that the B&W artwork is deliciously old school, heavy on the ink but still rich with background detail, while the writing is laced with a sly but gentle humour.

And if that's not enough to persuade you to go look, the main characters are a pair of sexy space babes in leotards. One with an eye-patch, the other in fishnets. Come on - everyone loves space babes!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
subcultured at 3:47PM, Sept. 12, 2008
(online)
ttyler
I have mentioned Rancat to some administrators. It really has lots of heart. The creator sometimes gets little, or no feedback, but still fills the pages with lots of heart and excellent art. That goes a long way in my book. Rancat is very cool!

usually those that have little or no feedback are those that dont comment on other people's comic or active in the forums. it's a webcomic community, so usually it's good to make connections with other creators.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
skoolmunkee at 5:57AM, Sept. 13, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
usually those that have little or no feedback are those that dont comment on other people's comic or active in the forums. it's a webcomic community, so usually it's good to make connections with other creators.

I think that is true in a lot of cases, but I've seen some comic creators that are totally aloof with their fans still get tons of comments. Still though, you do kinda need to network if you want to get people coming to look. If your comic doesn't have presence on a site (through you) how are people supposed to find it?

In Strange Attractors' case, I'd say he's not getting many comments because he's only been posting pages a month and a half, and he seems to have left no comments or anything. He hasn't even uploaded an avatar. People like leaving comments when they think they'll get a response.

In some of these guys cases though (like Rancat for one), English isn't their native language and I imagine it's a lot of work to have to spend time reading the site, etc.

Then again someone could always be like slimredninja and go to every comic they find, not read it, say “great comic!” and leave a 5, hahaha
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
amanda at 11:06AM, Sept. 13, 2008
(online)
Morph Man Heir

Fun comic! She's great with expressions, and the story is clever and interesting. I think I'm the only one commenting, which is sad - and she just hit 200 pages! Worth your time. Go go go!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Skullbie at 5:20PM, Sept. 13, 2008
(online)
subcultured
I tend to not leave comments on people who use the broken front page function (can't be bothered) or don't leave author comments. But you're right about the forum thing, i check up on people here a lot even if i don't leave comments- i'll read their author comments to make sure things are going smooth and if not see what i can do to help.

I don't think the ‘comment on other comics’ applys since i leave rarely ever comment but get comments back anyways-but who knows.
Warpedwenger at 6:27PM, Sept. 14, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
subcultured
I tend to not leave comments on people who use the broken front page function (can't be bothered)

I wonder if alot of people do that :/ I think I'll take mine off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
DAJB at 11:20PM, Sept. 14, 2008
(online)
Warpedwenger
Skullbie
I tend to not leave comments on people who use the broken front page function (can't be bothered)
That's probably a good idea. The Home Page is definitely an unnecessary barrier between you and your readers.

With comics I like and visit regularly, I do usually fight my way past the Home Page in order to leave a comment but, if I happen to be in a hurry, I'm less likely to. Who wants to click through three pages just to leave a comment?

I stopped using the Home Page on my comic very early on.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Doctor Shadow at 2:26AM, Sept. 15, 2008
(online)
I concur with DAJB, I stopped using it as well quite a while ago.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
usedbooks at 9:37AM, Sept. 15, 2008
(online)
DAJB
With comics I like and visit regularly, I do usually fight my way past the Home Page in order to leave a comment but, if I happen to be in a hurry, I'm less likely to. Who wants to click through three pages just to leave a comment?
I feel like that too. Some days, I want to take aside some of my favorite DDers, who, for some ungodly reason, still use the Homepage feature, and politely beat them with a wooden spoon until they remove it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
skoolmunkee at 4:31PM, Sept. 15, 2008
(offline)
usedbooks
I want to take aside some of my favorite DDers, who, for some ungodly reason, still use the Homepage feature, and politely beat them with a wooden spoon until they remove it.

Could you do me a favor and also beat the crap out of everyone who uses a freakin' huge header image on EVERY single one of their pages? (villain next door, better luck next time, etc) It's redundant and annoying >:[ I seriously consider not featuring people for doing that because it's obstructive to reading the comic.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
usedbooks at 5:13PM, Sept. 15, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
usedbooks
I want to take aside some of my favorite DDers, who, for some ungodly reason, still use the Homepage feature, and politely beat them with a wooden spoon until they remove it.
Could you do me a favor and also beat the crap out of everyone who uses a freakin' huge header image on EVERY single one of their pages? (villain next door, better luck next time, etc) It's redundant and annoying >:[ I seriously consider not featuring people for doing that because it's obstructive to reading the comic.
Let me go get the *big* spoon. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Brogan at 9:17PM, Sept. 15, 2008
(online)
DAJB
Warpedwenger
Skullbie
That's probably a good idea. The Home Page is definitely an unnecessary barrier between you and your readers.
I've never liked the Home Page feature from day 1. Once the novelty of the little meters wears off, it IS an extra step to comment. I sometimes tend to look at the number of comments before I go to the comment page. If there is only a couple, I'll tend to do the extra step, but if it's loaded with comments, I'll tend to move on….maybe guess that's rude. =/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Warpedwenger at 6:08PM, Sept. 16, 2008
(offline)
I really don't know why I had it on all this time it is pretty annoying. I agree with Skool for sure it drives me nuts when people have stupid big headers… What's the point of that?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Skullbie at 7:03PM, Sept. 16, 2008
(online)
I'll also confess i don't even bother to read/comment on comics in .png formet. I'm not talking about a little strip i'm talking they need 800kb for a freaking 700x900 pic. What the hell, no excuses for a few extra pixels.
Though… I wouldn't complain about this if i didn't have dail-up ;-;
The only comics i make an exception for would be friends comics, or pretty art- or both like juxtapose

——————————–
Big banners are mainly because of noobishness xP I just ad block the thing if it's ugly, but i like when it become part of the layout- like HbN or that latest page of Villian next door(how he's holding the page)
Very thoughtful :)
Brogan at 9:15PM, Sept. 16, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
Though… I wouldn't complain about this if i didn't have dail-up ;-;
I still try to keep my comics as a compressed Jpeg just for that reason. It seems too many people forget that there is still dial-up out there. I got high speed about a year ago, but I remember dial-up all too well…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
skoolmunkee at 1:10AM, Sept. 19, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
The only comics i make an exception for would be friends comics, or pretty art- or both like juxtapose
Oooh, that comic looks promising :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Doctor Shadow at 8:44AM, Sept. 25, 2008
(online)
Juxtapose, does indeed look promising…and I thought I'd stopped using the homepage, guess I haven't…well I have now!

*kicks it*
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
JustNoPoint at 6:44AM, Oct. 14, 2008
(online)
Juxtapose needs to update darn it! It did this to me last time. It's like a drug dealer getting you hooked and cutting you off =p

However, if you are wanting some good manga art + color fix…
http://www.drunkduck.com/Menewsha_Storyline_Manga/index.php
looks very very promising. It has a pretty good # of pages and surprisingly very few comments.

I haven't actually read the story yet but from thumbing through the archive it would have to have a pretty bad story to turn it sour.

And it doesn't look like that will be the case either. Excellent manga!
Agham at 8:25AM, Oct. 19, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
I'll also confess i don't even bother to read/comment on comics in .png formet. I'm not talking about a little strip i'm talking they need 800kb for a freaking 700x900 pic. What the hell, no excuses for a few extra pixels.
Man! Now you're gonna make me resubmit my whole archive. ><
Aggie. solemnly
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
JustNoPoint at 7:51AM, Oct. 22, 2008
(online)
Maybe I notice comics too easily (low standards?)

To me they are high =p

Anywho, I found another gem. This comic has really great art and colors. Haven't had time to read it yet but just thumbing through it the thing really looks like a winner!

You should check it out!
http://www.drunkduck.com/Xenoes_313/
DarkChibiShadow at 6:55AM, Oct. 28, 2008
(offline)
Right now I really love the comic Pumpkin.

The coloring is amazing and the art-style is so cute and so fun and awesome.

If you don't believe me just check it out, it'll hook you from first look.

^___^

(Can't believe I kept forgeting to put that nom. up…)

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon