Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Contributing to the Quackcast! We need your recordings/scripts!
Ozoneocean at 12:37AM, Nov. 1, 2011
(online)
I'm doing the QC on Saturday. (number 50)

I've been massively busy with various things here though so I've not had time to finalise a topic yet. I'll have one by Wednesday at the latest.

(we have a massive list of topics, I just have to pick the one I want for this time)

51 is next week and that's with Niccea, doing the DD awards.
Ozoneocean at 9:59AM, Nov. 2, 2011
(online)
OK, QUACAST number 50: Adult webcomics!

Anything you want to write about or record about adult webcomics, have it here to me by Friday night (your time), and it'll go in the QC.

Want to give a shout-out to Adult comics here on DD that you know and love? Well here's you chance. This is the uncensored, full-frontal, no-holds bared, rude, lewd, crude, hot, sweaty, double jointed, fully lubricated, enhanced, exposed and erect, Quackcast.

Bigger, longer, harder, uncut… (Southpark?)

…Seriously though, it won't be very rude at all… Maybe I'll just fill the whole thing with exciting, suggestive, but ultimately meaningless promo buzz-words? ^_^
Genejoke at 11:50AM, Nov. 2, 2011
(online)
You should ask El cid to guest on it.
ayesinback at 12:32PM, Nov. 2, 2011
(online)
there are a few potential guests.

if my comic were active, I might send something in. Afterall, my cats are NAKED every time I draw them o_O

sorry - I expect that was somewhat puerile . . .
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Genejoke at 12:45PM, Nov. 2, 2011
(online)
cats wear fur coats… which makes it odd that animal right activists don't give them a hard time…
ayesinback at 1:21PM, Nov. 2, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
cats wear fur coats… which makes it odd that animal right activists don't give them a hard time…
hahaha

and adult humans have a coat of hair, as invisible as it might be, just about every where.

except, perhaps, fingers! very little hair on fingers . . .

erego (love that word) the most adult comics would star adult fingers, cuz they're the most nakedest

*deliberately puerile*
Ozoneocean at 12:05AM, Nov. 3, 2011
(online)
Thank goodness those cats have their fur!
I'm not really a fan of shaved pussies…
The poor things get cold at night :(
FormerDDer at 6:30PM, Nov. 4, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Thank goodness those cats have their fur!
I'm not really a fan of shaved pussies…
The poor things get cold at night :(
I can't possiby be the only one here who laughed at that line.
Ozoneocean at 7:17PM, Nov. 6, 2011
(online)
Heh, I didn't use that joke in the QC in the end :)
It was a very clean Quackcast, with barely a direct reference to sexy stuff, which was good considering the topic! I did say “boobs” and “pubic hair” though… The horror! D:

So I listened all the way back to myself doing the latest Quackcast- I
don't normally listen to the Quackcasts at all because I don't like
hearing myself speak and it's a bit boring to hear what you've just been
talking about all over again…

Anyway, it was interesting! I had to listen to it because I
edited it this week. It seems I have a happy, friendly way of talking
about stuff, very positive… that made it a bit of a feel-good thing to
listen to (even if I do stumble and fumble over what I want to say). I was pleasantly surprised.
Also, my throat dried up a
quarter of the way in and I was basically croaking out the whole thing
because I didn't want to stop and get up for water, I just wanted to
finish in one go with no pauses or edits, but it doesn't actually sound
too bad at all.

I was very embarrassed about all the
stupid mistakes I made though, the worst was getting “genre” and
“gender” mixed up- there was no Skool to laugh at me and pick me up on
that. :(
THAT is why having a co-host is better, that and the fact that they can talk away while you get up and have a drink.
Niccea at 5:48AM, Nov. 7, 2011
(offline)
I'll be sure to pick on you on Saturday. I love nothing more than doing that.
Ozoneocean at 8:25AM, Nov. 7, 2011
(online)
Fantastic! :)
Also, be prepared to be able to hold the fort if I have to get a drink, put the cat out, go to the toilet or all of the above! ^_^

…although, going to the toilet while drinking and putting out the cat can lead to unfortunate complications :(
Genejoke at 3:14PM, Nov. 8, 2011
(online)
Listened to the latest one, you really need to have someone else with you. Not knocking how you did, as you did well considering it was just you talking to a microphone. But without anyone to bounce off and discuss things with it doesn't make such good listening.
Niccea at 12:10PM, Nov. 12, 2011
(offline)
Just recoreded for Tuesday…and I sound like a monkey that is just learning to string together scentences. I hope it is somewhat understandable…
Genejoke at 1:38AM, Nov. 13, 2011
(online)
So you need a monkee to skool you…
Ozoneocean at 11:25AM, Nov. 13, 2011
(online)
Yes, Niccea's Mic was a little strange. There's nothing we could do to fix that unfortunately, but she is understandable! :)

So it's all uploded and ready now! Hopefully Lawrence can get it on the hosting site and ready in time for Tuesday.

Next week's Quackcast will be the second part of all the awards! ^_^
Niccea at 12:09PM, Nov. 13, 2011
(offline)
I forgot that the last few times that I did any audio with the internet I had used a borrowed headset mic that a teacher had loaned me.
ayesinback at 2:18PM, Nov. 16, 2011
(online)
Can folks send in some recordings for this quackcast still? If yes, when would the due date be? I ask because it might be cool to hear some of the winners' acceptances, if any one wants to take that avenue.

On another note, having co-judged three categories, I know my groups took the category descriptions much to heart when making their decisions - and sometimes the results did not agree with the popular vote - as I learned when the winners were announced. There are some devoted comic fans who believe that “their” comic is the be-all - and that's great, and that's why judges come into it, to temper such opinions.

But then again, I wonder if there is too much discrepancy between what some voters assume a category means and what the judges are asked to go by.
There was a lot of discussion about the category descriptions before the ballots were available to vote. It was taken pretty seriously, but I wonder if that's an area that might still benefit from a re-visit. What do you think?
Ozoneocean at 7:20PM, Nov. 16, 2011
(online)
Yep, that'd be fantastic if anyone would like to say a few words about their award or anything else! Great idea Ayes!
RPGgrenade at 10:04AM, Nov. 19, 2011
(online)
I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for when i can finally become of use to a quackcast again.
If you ever need me for anything in a quackcast (I'm awaiting the day that could happen, having calculated through probability factors and genre statistics, I calculated i'll be in a quackcast in 2031) I'll be very happy to do so… but anytime after this december until that date of 2031 is good

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
Ozoneocean at 3:20PM, Nov. 19, 2011
(online)
OK hen, I'll try and come up with something early this week that you can contribute too :)
RPGgrenade at 4:07PM, Nov. 19, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
OK hen, I'll try and come up with something early this week that you can contribute too :)
fraid i can't do squat for the next two weeks, which means starting december i'm free. head is fried from all the stuff I've been doing
but if it's just a script i could contribute with something I guess =P

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
last edited on Nov. 19, 2011 4:57PM
Ozoneocean at 6:41AM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
Quackcast 53 is on SPrite comics! Please contribute to the Contributions thread:

http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174800/
Ozoneocean at 6:34PM, Dec. 4, 2011
(online)
I don't have a topic yet for Quackcast 55, but I will later today (my day, which is currently Monday here).

Quackcast 26 however is the Christmas one.
So I think I'll talk about the Secret Santa then, my have to ask Rokulily on, talk about christmas filler in general… and as for Christmas themed submissions from people! Could be a short song, a wish for happy holidays or anything really. :)
Ozoneocean at 7:23AM, Jan. 5, 2012
(online)
Hahaha, that was 56…

————

OK, number 59 Now!
Hopefully I'll get Jillyfoo of DemonEater on board and ask her about her artistic technique and her media.
This one will be interesting artistic techniques, and people that use different types of media.
Any questions you want to ask her about hers?
Say something about yours?

Any News you want read out?
last edited on Jan. 5, 2012 7:29AM
Kroatz at 3:04PM, Jan. 7, 2012
(online)
I mentioned some ideas about future quackcasts a whila ago, I'm really hoping you
will do something with the ideas because substance, in my honest and
humble opinion, has been lacking in the quackcasts as of late. (Not trying to insult anyone, just making an observation)

- Live create a comic. Writing a comic live on the air, or just prerecord and edit.
- Analysing famous superheroes. (What makes a hero, why do people read certain heroes and not others?)

- Future uses of comics. (How can WE help comics evolve, what possible
uses are there for comics that haven't been discovered yet?)

Maybe these might be interesting as well:

- How to be funny, an analysis of how jokes work in three panel, four panel and full page comics.
- How to make DD great again, what can we do to promote our website and possibly force the boss to inject some more work into it.

- What are the ages of comics? A history of comic books, what is the golden age, what does silver age mean, who helped the evolution of comics?

- How to defend yourself from non-comic-lovers, What makes comics a worthy medium, which comics to recommend to others to persuade them, who are the best writers in today's comic industry? Who are the best artists?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on Jan. 7, 2012 3:05PM
Ozoneocean at 9:50AM, Jan. 8, 2012
(online)
Thanks Kroatz!
I will add those to the topics list I have.

One of the things with the current quackcasts is that since I'm doing them solo topics like thise are a bit heavy to do on my own- both for research and reading out on air…
So far the feedback has been that people want more informal interviews.
BUT, Skool does guest and I can get her on for specials like the ones you suggest.

I could also get on special guests to handle specific topics, it's just often tricky to know who's expert at what or who would be interested or available for what and when.
You can be sure I'll try my hardest in every way though! ^_^
Kroatz at 10:28AM, Jan. 8, 2012
(online)
Why don't you just make a seperate thread in which people can sign up for joining you on the quackcast. Once they manage to prove that they have knowledge about a subject that's coming up you can get them on the show!

Maybe making the QC every 2 weeks might ease the load and improve the quality as well. As for people that might be interested:

- PIT FACE likes to be on the live comic creation one, it might not be hard at all to find more people. I'd recommend videotaping all of it, I might be able to edit the footage and make it a coherent and interesting video that actually teaches people stuff.

- What makes a hero? I know a lot about that stuff. Trust me. I think Amelius might be a good pick as well, she has extensive knowledge of some heroes as well.

- What makes comics funny, ask Joff, ask Ted the Terrible, ask popvoxmusic, ask anyone.

Maybe it might be cool to do a follow up on building worlds as well, using someone else that knows some about it.

- Albert Einstein
RPGgrenade at 9:23AM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
We could always get a rotating amount of people who want to be in the quackcast to be with Oz talking about whatever, as for me, for example this weekend is probably the only time i would have a chance to do a quackcast in a very long timel. the rotating people could just be there for the heck of it and aren't experted in the field of conversationg, but a guest will still be invited to speak of the stuff because they ARE experted in the field.
At least that seems like a good idea to me. as for topics i can't really say for sure, because there aren't really any topics i could come up with and there's also few of which i know a lot about.

Read Nectar of the Gods!
Ozoneocean at 8:43PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
We'll see guys. As I say, this stuff is a lotto work, currently it takes up 100% of my free time as it is, along with other DD stuff, I'm literally exauhsted today, getting 5 hours sleep a ight if I'm lucky and no time to do any comic stuff of my own…
Adding the soap to the mix, which is great fun, has put the work into overdrive. Hopefully having Banes and his skill onboard will help that part a bit.

So I will get around to this as I'm able.
The very biggest issue is organising times. I'm in Australia so it's tricky to work out the difference and availabilities for each person, then making sure it's all done with in time to be edited together. I can't simply go on Skype whenever… And then I have to make sure I've done the right amount of research before I even make a call.

In practise these are complex and take a lot of work, even when you don't like the quality.

I do appreciate the interest suggestion and ideas of course though and I am working, when I can, to try and implement tis stuff.

—————

For number 60 I'd like to use some more of Jillyfoo's recorded stuff, I have at least another half hour from her about conventions, other comic artists, selling art etc. SHe's a very knowledgable comic creator and it would be a shame not to use that.
Any suggestions for extra content I could add to pad this one out?
Kroatz at 9:30AM, Jan. 12, 2012
(online)
Why dont you guys appoint another admin?

- Albert Einstein

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon