Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Contributing to the Quackcast! We need your recordings/scripts!
Genejoke at 2:14PM, May 10, 2012
(online)
Or maybe 30 mins to cover people goofing off and making it funny, perhaps we can arrange a trial run to get the ball rolling.
Would just need some willing victims.
ayesinback at 4:02PM, May 10, 2012
(online)
I enjoy quackcasting, but I have no expertise. That, and when I'm on cold medicine - well, mea culpa on that whole goof off thing.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 6:04PM, May 10, 2012
(online)
OK 30 minutes then. That gives people enough time to expand on stuff, but not to lose it, so stuff is nigce and tight without being rushed.
If there's anyone you want to interview, go to it!

or if you have some ideas about organising these things I;m open to that. All I know from the wa Skool did the interviews was that she often had a lot of trouble getting all the stuff in… many people would sign up but then never actually fulfill their comitments or something…?
darthfurby at 8:53PM, Oct. 2, 2012
(online)
Nice job on quackcast 97 guys. Or should I say penis cast? Ha ha. Incidentally, I hate life drawing. And I'm in NY, the place where the whole Dr. Sketchy's thing first started. We also have a whole crapload of other life drawing classes around here in New York City, free or otherwise, but it's hard sitting in a studio for hours drawing naked people. I prefer using photos instead because you can still study gesture, anatomy, form, and retain many of the benefits of life drawing without actually having to attend a life drawing class. I might go to meet other people, or to practice drawing in 3d, which you can't get from a photo, but I think photos work great for just about everything else.
Ozoneocean at 5:31AM, Oct. 3, 2012
(online)
I agree, photos are usually better for a lot of reasons:
- static image, static lighting conditions, more time to look at it and understand it etc.

Live models though do have some advantages:
- You can see why the body is lit the way it is, check out the other dimensions to see why all those bulges and shapes are there (caused by the silting position or whatever), and lastly you don't have any of the weird distortions caused by the camera getting in the way*

* one of the greatest lies ever was “the camera never lies”. The truth is the camera only captures what its able to given the limitations of the film or image sensor, lighting, camera software, user skill and the properties of the lens, to name a few things. Just the slight tilt of a lens can give a figure startlingly different proportions.
That's something to keep in mind.
chrixena at 6:26AM, Oct. 3, 2012
(online)
Hi there! The latest QuackCast mentioned something about putting promo vids for our comic on a YouTube channel. I already have a 30-second promo (http://youtu.be/ubgW5PPifr0) so I'd like to know more about the rules, e.g. does the video have to mention Drunk Duck, where do we submit it, etc.
Ozoneocean at 8:45AM, Oct. 3, 2012
(online)
Thanks chrixena!
This is new to me, I'll ask Jacob at Wowio!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon