MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia X - Returning to the Classics
Niccea at 8:43PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Also, I'm a good old fashioned. I know some pretenders are trying to run based on bribes. Is that what we need? A town that is entirely based on bribes? I run for mayor and I will make no promise that I cannot keep. I will not make you fan arts, but I can guarantee that I will do my best to allow us to pull out of the dark ages that this mafia has flung us into.

Things I will accomplish:

Obtain as many roles as possible and keep track of them
Protect the detective as he/she is a tremendous asset if used correctly
Utilize the paramedics/vigilante effectively
Do my best to solve the clues that amass.

Vote for Niccea. A mayor that you can trust.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Ochitsukanai at 8:43PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Damn it Ochi, you couldn't have appealed to my sense of logic ten minutes ago?
But now that I HAVE done so - change your vote!

If you've accepted a bribe - even if you've received a bribe - the system of bribery is itself a corrupt one, no? Surely your heart needn't hold you to pledges made before rationality lit the way!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 8:46PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Speaking of Bribes, BARON, HARK, YOUR BRIBES FROM LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO, ARE IN THE MAKING!

I started yours a week ago, Baron, and then my laptop shut down and I didn't save. -,- Hopefully I should acquire something hawt today which will let me draw better!

(I'm speaking about Smack.)

As for this Niccea and Ochi thing…I'll post about it later when I wake up, after going to sleep in about 15 minutes.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Ochitsukanai at 8:55PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
crocty
As for this Niccea and Ochi thing…I'll post about it later when I wake up, after going to sleep in about 15 minutes.
I've not only illustrated that my contention is the case, but illustrated why it must be so as well. If we were mafia, this move would be suicide.

You're pretty quick on the uptake, you must understand that I'm telling the truth; indeed, whether you are able to accept this truth tomorrow says far more of you than it does of me.*

*and if you happen to agree completely with me and vote Niccea, which I must admit I don't expect due to the simple fact that you're Crocty, well…that'd just be good news, really. I hope it happens.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Niccea at 8:57PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Salsa at 9:01PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
I switch from Waff to Niccea> I'll pq TFGM later.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Niccea at 9:05PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Salsa
I switch from Waff to Niccea> I'll pq TFGM later.
Thank you for your confidence.

Please don't forget.
kitty17 at 9:29PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
To be honest, I only bribed Hark…and that was way before the game even started.
I ran because I thought I'd finally get the chance to run without having to bribe people to secure my win. When the whole bribery system came to light, I pretty much gave up on my desire to even attempt to run.

Niccea and Ochi both bring up good points though. It's not just about getting the most votes, but about providing security and well thought out strategies for the townies.

Though I doubt I can top Ochi's speech for Niccea right now, I promise to provide security for the townies as best as I possibly can.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Bocaj at 9:36PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
pastel

AHH!
KILL THE SPARKLY VAMPIRE~!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Exzachly at 10:21PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
So, sorry, but I got some questions here. (I'm new). Is mayoral voting over at 7 am then? or at 7 pm tomorrow? Is it a day or night cycle right now, i.e. will someone be dead by the end of this round? D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
kitty17 at 10:29PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Exzachly
So, sorry, but I got some questions here. (I'm new). Is mayoral voting over at 7 am then? or at 7 pm tomorrow? Is it a day or night cycle right now, i.e. will someone be dead by the end of this round? D:

It's currently the Day cycle. Voting should end by 12GMT tomorrow, which is usually during the PM hours.

Since it's day time, no hits can be made, so everyone should still be alive by the end of this cycle :D

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:33PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
the2ndredbaron
first person to bribe me gets by vote. if not it goes to monkey.
Woot! But that damn by law Z! Curse you undead descriminating Founding Fathers! Curse YOU!

AG
If you are a normal townie, don't run… if you get elected and are shown to be a normal townie then it's lynching time!! :D

Has this every happen? I mean the Mayor/Pardoner((other than me)) getting lynch? If so, was there a specail election to get new ones? I seem to remember Crocty dieing as mayor and a new one took his place((Oz I think)). But I'm not sure.

——————
Darth I recorded your vote.

Salsa you will have to PQ me to change your vote.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
crocty at 11:19PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
I've not only illustrated that my contention is the case, but illustrated why it must be so as well. If we were mafia, this move would be suicide.

You're pretty quick on the uptake, you must understand that I'm telling the truth; indeed, whether you are able to accept this truth tomorrow says far more of you than it does of me.*

*and if you happen to agree completely with me and vote Niccea, which I must admit I don't expect due to the simple fact that you're Crocty, well…that'd just be good news, really. I hope it happens.
Yeah, I know. I was tired, so I wasn't thinking straight, but I'm fully revitalised, after my insomnia kicked in.

I doubt even you two could pull off a stunt like that successfully, so yes, I'll be voting for Niccea. Of course, I'll change my vote if Kitty begins to lose, but I doubt it would actually make a difference.

I'll still be looking for a reason to kill you, Ochi. o:<
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
InuYasha_Rules at 11:19PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
Attention~

Niccea and I have shared our roles with each other, and I can vouch unequivocally for her innocence. Additionally, her role is verifiable.

The most important thing for a mayoral election is that a demonstrably innocent mayor gets in, so please vote for Niccea this time.

I have written out a rational argument for why this should be the case -

If I were to lie, it would instantly be demonstrably false after Niccea is checked out. We would be denounced and our lives would be forfeit. Anyone who has played this with me before knows that I am far more cautious than that; I am capable of lying, but I would not lie about this because it would be bad strategy. If I were guilty, I would surely die as a result. For the same reason, it would be useless for her to lie to me, even if she were capable of lying; a lie in this scenario would mean certain death and would therefore be useless.

I am thus able to provide a rational argument for voting Niccea, none of which relies upon merely taking her word or my word for it. Also, if Niccea is elected, I will feel a bit cheerier about having to write out a protracted logical argument! So vote Niccea - the most important thing is ensuring an innocent smayor.

Damn! You said attention! And your speach we long and had a lot of words that where also long and important sounding! I must vote for Niccea now!

@ Waff: I agree! Slay the sparkly vampire! lol

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
kitty17 at 11:27PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Ochitsukanai

Yeah, I know. I was tired, so I wasn't thinking straight, but I'm fully revitalised, after my insomnia kicked in.

I doubt even you two could pull off a stunt like that successfully, so yes, I'll be voting for Niccea. Of course, I'll change my vote if Kitty begins to lose, but I doubt it would actually make a difference.

I'll still be looking for a reason to kill you, Ochi. o:<

Every time I run, Emily….You ditch me.
):

crocty at 11:30PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
):
Gosh, I said I'd change my vote if you started losing, stop being so emoe!

EDIT:
kitty17
D8
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:39PM, June 22, 2009
(online)
BORED!

Hark you made this out to be the most fun since No Talent the comic.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
kitty17 at 11:42PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
crocty
kitty17
D8

;__________________________________________;

It's true…

crocty at 11:45PM, June 22, 2009
(offline)
T^T I'm sorryyyyyyy
Exzachly at 12:52AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
kitty17
explains a bunch of stuff
Why ty ty.

As for mayor… I'm leaning towards Niccea, unless someone can tell me a convincing reason not to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 2:03AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
So we're back to the old “anyone could be the mafia” setup… Revealing my role was such a huge success the last time so I'm gonna recommend that tactic to anyone who's running for a mayor. Reason is simple. If you're lying about your role and the detective finds out, he could expose you for a fraud. I'm gonna give my vote to anyone who reveals his role.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
crocty at 4:07AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Gonna have to change the vote, Niccea and Ochi, before Kitty gives more guilt trips. T.T
harkovast at 5:10AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
I like that kitty17's campaign suggests that my support is a good reason to vote!

Thats right kids!
Do what I do!
I am a rolemodel!

Now its time…..FOR SCIENCE!

For todays experiment you will need-

A Toaster
Napkin
Knife and fork.
claw hammer
excellent table manners (THESE ARE ESSENTIAL!)
Blue tac or sticky tape.

THis experiment is going to test if you can successfully eat a toaster.
1)Tuck your napkin into your collar.
2)wrap tape around end of fork (or attach blue tac to it, depending on what you are using.) The objective here is to make the end of the fork sticky.
3)Smash your toaster with a hammer.
4)holding the knife in one hand and the fork in the other (you need to do this like a civilised person! We will have none of that american putting down your knife nonsense here! And no elbows on the table!), use the sticky fork to pick up pieces of toaster and put them in yout mouth.
5) chew and swallow
6) repeat steps 4 and 5 till you run out of toaster
7) Are you still alive? If yes, the Experiment was a huge success!
8) NOW VOTE FOR KITTY17!!!!!

(Humorman, free tip for you, if you ignore other people, they will respond by ignoring you!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 6:00AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
yeah. I am voting for Waff. The Waffman. The Waffmayor!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Niccea at 6:12AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I will not be revealing my role. This way I can trust the person that comes to me as the detective because he/she will be able to tell me my role. Once I find the detective, I will publicly announce my role.
Product Placement at 6:14AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Then could the detective perhaps reveal himself like I did? You all saw how effective that was. And you all know that impostors will most likely be caught so I wouldn't recommend pretending to be the detective.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:21AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Then could the detective perhaps reveal himself like I did? You all saw how effective that was. And you all know that impostors will most likely be caught so I wouldn't recommend pretending to be the detective.
That is also something that could be risky. The mafia might move to kill the detective before the paramedics can get to him/her.

They are welcome to take the risk, but I thought I should inform them of it.
Product Placement at 6:42AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
I'm fully aware of the risk that the detective would take by revealing his or her role. That's why it should be rewarded with protection, either through an elected office or by having both paramedics protecting him/her.

By having the detective in the open, you'll remove any middle man that s/he would have to deal with, while getting the information that s/he digs up to the public. Removing the middle man makes communications between the public faster and safer. In the past the detective has kept his/her role secret, run into roadblocks while trying to get vital information out to the public, and tends to die during the first days anyways when the wrong person finds out about his/her identity.

Since I proved that revealing ones role during the election hour could help him/her get elected to office, thus protecting him/her from the mafia, the efficiency of that role is improved considerably. After all. I did help win the game in a record time with minimum casualty.

Just my two cents on the matter.

P.S. And I'm still withholding my vote for anyone brave enough to come forth into the public.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:47AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
It is my intention to guard the detective with a paramedic. Also, just because they get elected into office doesn't mean that will be good in charge as you were.

And maybe we can work out a deal PP, I announce my role, and the detective tells me Ochi's as proof. Since I know her role it will make sense.
Product Placement at 7:00AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Sounds better if you reveal your role and the detective can look up the pardoner to confirm his innocence.

Another thing that I want to nag about is that townies should not run for office. Only special roles. That way it would be much easier for the detective to trust the person elected.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding unreasonable with these demands of mine but it's a good tactic for the town to play when combating the mafia. I also have a feeling that I will not last long in this or future games, without protection, since I demonstrated how effectively I can clear the town of mafia, when given the opportunity. But I'm only a lame townie so it's no big loss, this time.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon