MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia X - Returning to the Classics
Salsa at 7:05AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea, I just PQ'd Monkey my vote change, wish i could help you with the detective thing, but alas, I am not he (or she).

@Hark: you've obviously never had BBQ (and no, BBQ is not on the grill and done in under an hour, it is smoked and cooked low and slow, no sauce, just a dry rub and God help anyone who says that you can BBQ burgers and hotdogs!!!:gem: )

@PP: Don't worry I am not running.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Niccea at 7:12AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I will consider it.

I guess I should explain my misgivings. When I was a mafia member…three times…I thought of the perfect crime that we never had the gall (or need) to implement.

One of us would pose as the detective and start feeding the wrong information to the mayor. We could only hope that the real detective was lazy.

Even if the real detective came forward, there would still be the matter of decided who to believe.

This fake, of course, would only be useful once. They would be revealed as a traitor and be subject to attacks. Assuming it was on the second day that they tried to get an innocent lynched. It could take up to three night cycles to kill the mafia.

If the mafia was the godfather, they would not be hit at night and would not cripple the team with their loss.

Course, that plan is suicide which is probably why no one ever used it, but you can see my misgivings about so openly trusting the detective.

Also, PP, think about this. What if someone revealed their role and lost the election? Unless the paramedics protected them, they would die on the first night. And who is to say that the paramedics would bother?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Hakoshen at 7:25AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Salsa
@Hark: you've obviously never had BBQ (and no, BBQ is not on the grill and done in under an hour, it is smoked and cooked low and slow, no sauce, just a dry rub and God help anyone who says that you can BBQ burgers and hotdogs!!!:gem: )

You sound like a man who preffers coal so ill let that sauce bit slide, but Hark, I don't understand this “putting down fork” deal. Are you saying I should hold my knife upright, as if to kill ninjas who fall onto the table when I'm not using it?

Were we not (for now anyways) on the same side in this election I'd be seriously tempted to challenge you to another fiddle contest, except this time we hold them as violins.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 7:37AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I pefer Mongolian BBQ, but that is neither here nor there. (It is then with Independence Day only a week away.)

A vote for Niccea is a yummy vote. (It tastes like chicken.)
Salsa at 7:40AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
I pefer Mongolian BBQ, but that is neither here nor there. (It is then with Independence Day only a week away.)

mmmmm. Chicken…

A Vote for Niccea is a Vote for being hungry, in the good way!!!
Hakoshen
You sound like a man who preffers coal so ill let that sauce bit slide, but Hark, I don't understand this “putting down fork” deal. Are you saying I should hold my knife upright, as if to kill ninjas who fall onto the table when I'm not using it?
Naw, I actually prefer hickory. No you don't put the sauce on it while it is cooking. After it's on the plate is a different matter. Mmmmmm, BBQ sandwiches dripping in BBQ sauce. dang, now I'm getting hungry!
RAGE!
Product Placement at 7:51AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Also, PP, think about this. What if someone revealed their role and lost the election? Unless the paramedics protected them, they would die on the first night. And who is to say that the paramedics would bother?
Which is why I said, his willingness to come forward should be rewarded with a position in office.

And I was fully aware of the impostor plan as well. It's something that I have come up with myself, even if I've never been mafia. It's a stupid plan in my opinion because I consider it a suicide for a short term goal that could easily backfire. The fake detective could easily guess the role of someone wrong and be found out that way. The real detective could come forward and prove his ability by using it correctly. Even if the mafia member successfully manages to convince everyone that he's the detective and the real one fails to come forward, directly or indirectly, it would only last so long until he helps to lynch someone innocent. By then he's found out and lynched himself which is a loss for the mafia. The mafia can't afford to loose a single member that early in the game.

It simply makes much more sense for the mafia to pretend to be a normal townie or at best, the serial killer. By pretending to be a special role, he could easily be found out when asked to demonstrate his ability.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Hakoshen at 7:55AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Salsa
Niccea

mmmmm. Chicken…

A Vote for Niccea is a Vote for being hungry, in the good way!!!
Hakoshen
Naw, I actually prefer hickory. No you don't put the sauce on it while it is cooking. After it's on the plate is a different matter. Mmmmmm, BBQ sandwiches dripping in BBQ sauce. dang, now I'm getting hungry!

Man, so am I now.

My granddad used to use hickory, and my dad and I just use charcoal, with hickory flavored sauce. Interestingly enough we sauce them lightly while on the grill but only just before putting it in the serving… thing. Or just in the bowl depending on how lazy the cooker is. Man, thayt salad in the fridge is looking real depressing now.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Salsa at 7:59AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Lucky me, I don't have to go far to get some good bbq. There's Chris's just up the road and Fatboy's across the creek. Then there's Country's and Fatman's on US 31. I feel your pain about the salad.
RAGE!
therealtj at 8:11AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Guys, Humorman is obviously the only one with any experience with this game, and as such he's the only one who can help us win!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
waff at 8:12AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
well…for mayor. I am…a townie.
-edit-
my goals for post election are the same as niccea's (albiet with more jumping around and yelling WAFF-MAN!!)

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Niccea at 8:16AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
therealtj
Guys, Humorman is obviously the only one with any experience with this game, and as such he's the only one who can help us win!
Pardon?

Veteran Members (played every game):

Niccea
Humorman
Waff
the2ndredbaron (I think?)
Harkovast
gullas

There are a lot of people with experience.

Also, how do you have two votes?
Salsa at 8:29AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
therealtj
Pardon?

Veteran Members (played every game):

Niccea
Humorman
Waff
Harkovast
gullas

There are a lot of people with experience.

Also, how do you have two votes?

he has an evil twin.
RAGE!
harkovast at 8:41AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
I just suggested people perform a scientific experiment to see if they can eat a toaster.
And the only things I get called on are -
a) do I like BBQ?
b) How do english people hold their knife and fork?

AND YOU PEOPLE THINK I AM THE STRANGE ONE ?!!

Hakoshen-
There are two ways to use a knife and fork.
1) The American way (also known as the Wrong way, the silly way, uncultured barbarism and colonial nonsense).
This involves cutting up all your food at the start (pressumably so it can go cold) then putting down your knife and shoveling it in your face with the fork in a scooping motion.
Then you all pledge allegiance to a flag and fire guns at the ground till it lifts you into the air (or so I have been told).
This method causes cancer and is wrong.

2) The British way (ie the correct way, the right way, Gods way, the not girlie and stupid way)
In this one you hold your knife and fork the whole time (meaning it involves two hands, so it can be difficult, but stick with it!) then you cut bits off with your knife and fork and stick them in the hole in your face.
This method has been shown to increase your life expectancy by at least 17 years!
Also, as you mentioned, it is useful for guarding against sudden ninja attacks.

Salsa-
I have never cooked a toaster, or indeed any other appliance, low and slow to bring out the flavour. Right now I am chewing on an extention chord. Is it plugged in? Place your bets NOW!

STANLEY KUBRICK IS OVER RATED!
2001 WAS BORING! NOTHING HAPPENED!
CLOCKWORK ORANGE HAD SHALLOW TALKING HEAD CHARACTERS THAT GOT ON MY NERVES AND A CONTRIVED ENDING!

KITTY 17 WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN!
SHE IS BETTER THEN KUBRICK!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
humorman at 8:43AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Some people will do anything to keep me from getting a position of power.

That's the problem with this game; if you don't have a role with a special ability, no one gives a damn about what you have to say. Then, when you're killed, no one cares. Everyone in this game deserves the right to have an influencial voice in this game.

Also, we can't keeping hide roles from each other. Unity is key in defeating the mafia. One of the main reason the townies keep losing is because you guys keep can't trust one another, then you make random accusations, and worst of all, you PQ the mayor your role despite the fact that you don't know whether or not this person is a townie or a mafioso. All it took last game was for one person to admit their role in order to ensure trust among the townies. From the first game, I've been saying this, but everyone just dismissed it as crazy. Admitting your role publicly does work.

Please, don't ignore what I'm saying here. I'm trying to help you guys out. I promise that if you vote for me, I'll unite the townies as well as increase our chances in defeating the mafia.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 8:50AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Don't blame me for holding people's track records against them.

You talk a good talk, but when no one votes for you, you throw a fit.

You do not respond to PQs from others (I have no proof cause I have never tried, but that is what I heard.)

You also tend to drop off the face of the earth after day one. Even if you survive the next night, you never return.
harkovast at 8:51AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Humorman, yeah but you never answer pq's (and you still wont explain why that is!) and you are rude to everyone.

threaltj is voting for me! Woohoo!
Shame I am not running! But that just shows the electrical power kitty 17 is generating!
It is so strong, that even her supporters get votes.

NICCEA SUPPORTERS! LISTEN UP!
Niccea has already been mayor before, I think it is only fair to give new people a go at being in charge, rather then just passing around leadership between the regulars!

KITTY HAS MIND POWERS! SHE WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER IF YOU DON'T SWITCH VOTES!

Argh!
Get out of my mind!
*jumps out of window*

Niccea at 8:53AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
NICCEA SUPPORTERS! LISTEN UP!
Niccea has already been mayor before, I think it is only fair to give new people a go at being in charge, rather then just passing around leadership between the regulars!

Kity was the Flawless Elvis Impersonator in your game.

-edit- *goes through archives* Nevermind. That was Pastel.
kitty17 at 8:57AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Well, that wasn't as bad as that time I got confused for crocty.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Niccea at 9:01AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
Well, that wasn't as bad as that time I got confused for crocty.
I get confused with Ochi allllll the time.
waff at 9:03AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
A poster and role confession all rolled into one.

vote WAFF-MAN!!

harkovast at 9:06AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Okay, even I (life long kitty voter that I am) have to admit that Waff's poster is pretty freakin awesome!

Niccea at 9:13AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I have one more reason that you should vote for me. It is a good one too listen up.

For the first time I, Niccea, will publicly announce my role in the game before I win.

PAY ATTENTION!

Product Placement listen up.

Detective, if you are out there, please come out too and verify as soon as your powers become effective.

The best reason of all why I would make a good mayor: I can't die. If I were mayor, it would be impossible for the mafia to kill me without wasting a lot of time. I am the veteran! I will be the Energizer Bunny of the mayors if you give me a chance.

Everyone knows I can effectively organize against this town, let me organize for this town!

Vote for Niccea
She is the Energizer Bunny.

Ochitsukanai at 9:14AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
The thing is, we shouldn't be running campaigns against each other when the most important thing is getting an innocent mayor. Kitty, if you are innocent, we need to work together; being too competitive isn't worthwhile, since the whole concept of townie factions is stupid when there's a foe to unite against. As humorman said, the key is townie unity and openness. We can have you checked upon discovering the detective, if your own role is verifiable, and in so doing we can create a demonstrably innocent set of mayor and pardoner.*

harkovast
I think it is only fair to give new people a go at being in charge, rather then just passing around leadership between the regulars!
Hey, exactly the same “voting strategy” used when Baron was elected. Yes, why not repeat such a fantastic strategy, since previously it led to a blatant mafia mayor?

That was the same game where you betrayed the town, if memory serves… -_-

*Whichever way it turns out, although this strategy requires a verifiable role on your part.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Salsa at 9:18AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Hark, I have no idea where you got your facts but only people from above the Tennessee/Kentucky border, west of the Texas/New Mexico border, and from Georgia eat like you described all Americans as eating. I also find it rather silly to eat with knife in hand at all times. The way people with manners over here in the Good Ol' U.S. of A. eat is we use the knife to cut the meat when we take a bite, when not in use it is laid to the side of the plate so that the hand holding it is free to pick up a piece of bread to keep peas, beans, and other such things from going off the plate and onto the table. If the meat is tender enough, the side of the fork may be used to prevent the dirtying of more dishes than necessary. They are a few things you NEVER use silverware to eat, namely fried chicken, barbecue sandwiches, hamburgers, and hotdogs.

Edit:w00t, Go energizer bunny Niccea!! ^-^
RAGE!
Aghammer at 9:57AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Okay, there is one thing I KNOW about Niccea from previous games…she tells the truth. So, think about this… 1) She is the veteran, and 2) She has both GMed and played every SINGLE mafia game on DD (and elsewhere). If there is anyone that can lead the townies to victory, it's Niccea.

IF you vote for someone that claims to be a “Townie” with no special role, they might or might NOT be a townie (and might be the Godfather!!)… we would have NO way to know (Plese see the detective's role)!! The Detective can check out Niccea and find out if she is lying… so… she would be crazy to make this up and I know she isn't.

Check this…

Godfather

Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a regular townie to the detective. Also, he can't be killed by the vigilante as long as this power is in effect.

IF you are a townie and CARE if we win or not, the only safe vote is for NICCEA. IF you vote for anyone else, you will be supsect.

Salsa
Edit:w00t, Go energizer bunny Niccea!! ^-^
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crocty at 10:04AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Baron didn't play my game…

Also, he was being sarcastic. :p

EDIT: Oh, and…This thread is all a foreign langauge to me right now. I'm so tired D:
Hopefully I'll sober up soon so I can understand you all.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
waff at 10:06AM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Is there anyway (other than dying) I can prove I'm a townie and not the godfather to you?

Niccea at 10:08AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
Is there anyway (other than dying) I can prove I'm a townie and not the godfather to you?
Not really, no.

And I don't know Crocty, TJ is voting for humorman…so though it seems sarcastic, why vote?
Aghammer at 10:14AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Can we vote to lynch yet? ;)

therealtj
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crocty at 10:16AM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Not really, no.

And I don't know Crocty, TJ is voting for humorman…so though it seems sarcastic, why vote?
Well, he wasted a vote on DarthVaderS1999 last game…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon