Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
usedbooks at 11:42AM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
I love to leave it on Animal planet, but I can't watch it anymore because it makes my brain hurt. These “informative” shows make such glaring errors in terminology, I feel the pain deep in my biologist soul. A few weeks ago, I heard an expert use the term “hybrid vigor” completely incorrectly – an expert who has a great job in a zoo that I would kill for. -_- I heard “Golden Retriever” referred to as a “species” and “Vampire Bat” referred to as a “breed” by the narrator on different episodes of the same documentary-type show. And today, the narrator of another show mentioned that a prehistoric crocodile has a row of razor sharp incisors. Reptiles don't have incisors! Mammals have incisors. Reptiles have non-differentiated teeth. Could the “informative” channels please get their vocabulary and facts right? These aren't even in depth scientific knowledge sorts of things. The writers need only open a textbook – or even check Wikipedia to avoid this crap. I am disgusted that Wikipedia is more intellectually reliable than Discovery. I am more disgusted that these people can keep their comfy jobs with this kind of incompetence and I can't find a job to save my life – even in fast food or retail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Skullbie at 11:45AM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
Something that really pisses me off…

People who must be blind not to see how dead that horse is, yet insist on beating it. Just because they have some sort of personal problem with it.

Reality check: It's dead. Accept it, move on, beating it is not going to solve your problems.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
AQua_ng at 12:13PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
I miss the Nineties.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
ZeroVX at 12:25PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
Short one:

Trolls.

Get a life, instead of pestering people on the internets.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
crocty at 12:28PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Ahhh, delicious drama.

I miss TD now. ;_;
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
LoveandGuns at 12:28PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Something that really pisses me off…

REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS REPOSTS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS.

Reality Check: This is not TD.

Edit: loldrama
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
Skullbie at 12:33PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
Everytime Zero posts the thread turns into TD shitposts, which was the reason the horse died.
LoveandGuns at 12:35PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Well, Drew started it last night and Zero just continued it.

D:< Now both of you, STOP IT.

subcultured at 12:35PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
this again, seriously?

fair warning, posts will be deleted if this trolling and bringing up TD continuously. starting now.

All TD posts does is bring trolls and flame baiting. no more TD posts. go here if you want a TD experience
http://seventie2.proboards81.com/index.cgi

and if your post is deleted don't complain, because most of you old DDers have been here long enough to know what not to do. look at the forum rules.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
notlikelytocare at 1:17PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
subcultured
Stuff.

You're awesome, and so is your photobucket. =D

My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
HippieVan at 1:50PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
Hippie Van
So I've been absolutely miserable in the trashy city I live in right now for a long time, and today my dad told me that he hated to see me so unhappy all the time…he asked me if I would like to go to England(my plan after graduation) earlier, sometime next year. He said that my aunt is getting on in years and could use a young person around the house to help her out. That is, if she agrees to it and I would like that. I'd be without my family, which would be hard, but I think I could handle it if I kept in touch with them well. I also just found out that my best friend, who I would miss more than anything, talked to her parents and might be able to move as well and live in a town near to London(where I'd be) with some family friends. So that would make it a lot easier.
I'm having a hard time believing that this is all really happening to me. I can't imagine anything more perfect.

Wait a minute - frustrated teenager leaves her home in Canada to come to a remote village outside London where she stays with her ageing aunt in THE OLD DARK HOUSE?!

Hands off: I have chapter one down already.

No no, I phrased that wrong or something. I would be in London, my friend will be in a smaller town outside of it. And it's not an old dark house, it looks like this: .
And my aunt is a very nice lady. Unfortunately I don't think this is really thriller material.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 2:54PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Hippie Van
And my aunt is a very nice lady. Unfortunately I don't think this is really thriller material.

Whoa! This is even better'n I thought!
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Croi Dhubh at 6:32PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Today I heard the stupidest fucking thing in the world… This guy was ranting the entire time and I wasn't really paying attention. As I passed him and his family again, I heard him blurt out the following:

“And it's only because of those god damn Jews and fucking Christians we're being told to support the troops!!!!!!!”

I swear to god I almost turned around and stabbed him
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Ozoneocean at 7:36PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
He sounds like a fool.
—————–
For two days now my coffee in the office has been tasting like crap. So I actually had a look in the milk bottle today… That stuff was yoghurt. Ewwww. Yoghurt, cheese, and puss!
Yeah, that milk had gone off two days ago, but by some trick of the process it was just thin enough to pour and not arouse suspicion because of increased viscosity.

Anyway, I put it back in the fridge. My instinct says “chuck it”, but since some bugger was sneaky enough to leave it in there and let idiots like me continue to use it (in spite of the disgusting taste), I think it'll be funny to see who'll it'll get next. In the mean time it's black coffee for me! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
LoveandGuns at 7:56PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Oh, gross. Dx

I always check to see if the milk's gone bad or not in my place. Along with any kind of food/drinks. Just make sure you don't get sick from it or anyone else, because that would be horrible if that happened. D:

seventy2 at 7:58PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
XD, :) :]

lots of smiley faces, cause somethign made me happy. just kind of a nice thing.

i went to see “the day the earth stood still”. i strongly suggest against it. i cant believe i stayed up extra for that. i hate it. and i'm talking to my wife.

good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Croi Dhubh at 7:59PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Klaatu barada nikto, bitches
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
LoveandGuns at 8:20PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
seventy2
i went to see “the day the earth stood still”. i strongly suggest against it. i cant believe i stayed up extra for that. i hate it. and i'm talking to my wife.

good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

I've heard that the movie is terrible from almost everywhere now… I'm not all that surprised, though.

HyenaHell at 8:57PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
LoveandGuns
seventy2

good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

I've heard that the movie is terrible from almost everywhere now… I'm not all that surprised, though.

Okay, so I haven't seen the original since I was in high school, but from what I've seen of the previews- how is that even the same movie?!? I don't recall anything getting blown up. Just, you know- standing still.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
LoveandGuns at 9:06PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
LoveandGuns
seventy2

good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

Okay, so I haven't seen the original since I was in high school, but from what I've seen of the previews- how is that even the same movie?!? I don't recall anything getting blown up. Just, you know- standing still.

Apparently, a movie isn't a real movie unless something blows up in it.

HyenaHell at 10:05PM, Dec. 17, 2008
(online)
LoveandGuns
Apparently, a movie isn't a real movie unless something blows up in it.

Remember back in the day, when you wanted something in a movie to blow up, you had to actually blow it up? Oh God, I'm doing that grumpy old man “back in my day, sonnyboy!” thing again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Whirlwynd at 12:16AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
I've been feeling terrible all week, one thing after another, and life just decides to pile more on. My 13-year-old budgie died a few hours ago. I had him since I was 13 myself, the longest I've had a pet.
What makes it worse is that I have no one to talk to. I live alone and it seems everyone I know goes to bed at ten.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
crocty at 8:07AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
Earlier at school I was walking to the office, and some annoying year 9 girls (I know they were year 9 because they were annoying, and all year 9s are annoying) were holding hands…So I accidentally walked in to them, the simple solution would be for them to let go, but they didn't. They continued walking, trying to push me over. Me, 6 feet and a few years older than them. o_o

So in the end they got tired and walked around me, hitting me very lightly as they went, finally, they grabbed my bag to try to pull me, so I got tired, turned around and told them
“You're in high school now. Grow up.”

:D I told off some girls younger than me. That makes me awesome by default.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
seventy2 at 11:09AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
crocty
Earlier at school I was walking to the office, and some annoying year 9 girls (I know they were year 9 because they were annoying, and all year 9s are annoying) were holding hands…So I accidentally walked in to them, the simple solution would be for them to let go, but they didn't. They continued walking, trying to push me over. Me, 6 feet and a few years older than them. o_o

So in the end they got tired and walked around me, hitting me very lightly as they went, finally, they grabbed my bag to try to pull me, so I got tired, turned around and told them
“You're in high school now. Grow up.”

:D I told off some girls younger than me. That makes me awesome by default.

sounds like they were flirting with you and you blew it. bad choice man. now everyone's gonna think you're gay.
———–

me and my buddy were out tanning after snorkeling, and we fell asleep….we dont know for how long, cause we dont know when we got out there, and niether of us has a watch…but yeah…

i've only spent 300$ since i got here, and most that's been on food. this is the life. except now there's no alcohol. sigh. oh well, i guess i can be responsible for a couple months…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
crocty at 11:11AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
Pssh, they looked like sluts.
I'd rather go gay. :¬|
Skullbie at 11:16AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
crocty
Me, 6 feet
I've seen your pictures and I find that rather unlikely…

crocty
Pssh, they looked like sluts.
I'd rather go gay. :¬|
Hide your bits in the locker room boys lol!
usedbooks at 11:23AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
seventy2
sounds like they were flirting with you and you blew it. bad choice man. now everyone's gonna think you're gay.
If they were “holding hands,” I doubt they'd be interested…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
LoveandGuns at 11:25AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
crocty
Me, 6 feet
I've seen your pictures and I find that rather unlikely…

Actually, he really is 6'5''. ._.

crocty at 11:26AM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
Hm, I don't think 6'5'', but I nearly hit my head on a 6'6'' high sign..

Not that I had to duck, I was just kinda close. :3
Aurora Borealis at 1:11PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
Argh. Some holiday season this turns out to be…

First, I have a falling out with my brother over the bills for the flat. Second, I'm late with my internet bills, so I almost lose net and now I have a month to scrape a considerable amount of money for both.

Then, while trying to cut some deal over the net (so that I don't get it cut off a day before christmas eve :P) I catch a cold and furthermore, I hit my left writst against the desk, so now I can't work on the b&w pages (as I'm left handed) at least today.

Next, I spent an entire night waiting for someone to come online… and didn't get any sleep nor any conversation with that person :P

And finally, my right speaker started to make weird thumpy sounds… it's been already malfunctioning, with the volume going up and down randomly, but now it's gotten worse, so basically I got mono most of the time.

Not to mention that I ran out of hd space, and writing or sorting with an elastic bandage over your wrist is really annoying.

All of that in a space of three days. Eh.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon