Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
Skullbie at 2:57PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
lol martinlo_23

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ozoneocean at 3:42PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
So Crocty looks like a little chubby 9 year old, but he's 6 foot 6 or something? O_o

Is he showing us old pics or is he just one of those huge, over-grown young looking people?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
LoveandGuns at 3:58PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
It would be the second one, good sir.
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
lba at 7:55PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
I'm out of stuff to look through on the internet and I'm bored as hell. I just wish break would be over so I can go back to school where my friends are at. Ever since I left the people who I had classified as friends around here refuse to talk to me. I think I must have somehow been in two places at once and shot a puppy in the face or something.

I don't mind if they want to ignore me, I'll find something to occupy myself with and it's not much skin off my back, I just hope it wasn't a cute puppy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Ozoneocean at 8:40PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
I **** I am SO booooored… 30 minutes until I go home from work. Almost no one in the office this close to Christmas, but we're listening to some pop-music station on the radio which is making it worse… I didn't realise how BAD the current pop-music had gotten. Sounds like the so called “R&B” style has taken over, except it's mixed with stale bits of token sounding, very “safe” rap, and edited digitally until the music is as repetitive as possible and the voice of the singer sounds dead, emotionless, flat and robotic. Any more rocky sounding tracks are strangely neutered in a bizarre and subtly horrific fashion…

I suppose it might be good to dance to… if you were a really bad dancer.

The only stuff with “life” or emotion they play is emo-rock, and that's even WORSE. D:

I will name the current pop-music style-

Ennui
json at 9:51PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
I **** I am SO booooored… 30 minutes until I go home from work. Almost no one in the office this close to Christmas, but we're listening to some pop-music station on the radio which is making it worse… I didn't realise how BAD the current pop-music had gotten. Sounds like the so called “R&B” style has taken over, except it's mixed with stale bits of token sounding, very “safe” rap, and edited digitally until the music is as repetitive as possible and the voice of the singer sounds dead, emotionless, flat and robotic. Any more rocky sounding tracks are strangely neutered in a bizarre and subtly horrific fashion…

I suppose it might be good to dance to… if you were a really bad dancer.

The only stuff with “life” or emotion they play is emo-rock, and that's even WORSE. D:

I will name the current pop-music style-

Ennui

i had officially stopped voluntarily listening to the radio in 1991. everyone once in a while, i'm stuck in a car with someone who doesn't believe in CDs or iPods, and i get the displeasure of listening to the radio. or as in your case, where i'm at my job, and i have no choice but to listen to “the hot mix” or some other banal trash music.

i can agree that mainstream “rap” is just regurgitated shit. just made safe for white amerika. and the “hardcore” rap is just as cliche and laughable. pop music has suffered a lot and become the most boring and forgettable noise ever.

and fuck “emo” wanna be trash rock. every pop-punk band that has come out in the past 6 years has tagged that label onto their “sound” to try and sell more records….coupled with their white belts, girl haircuts with swoopy bangs, make up, and too tight girl jeans….the fact that this kind of “rock” is being manufactured is just as clear as how cloned and similar these bands are.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
lba at 10:07PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
json
and fuck “emo” wanna be trash rock. every pop-punk band that has come out in the past 6 years has tagged that label onto their “sound” to try and sell more records….coupled with their white belts, girl haircuts with swoopy bangs, make up, and too tight girl jeans….the fact that this kind of “rock” is being manufactured is just as clear as how cloned and similar these bands are.

I remember it definitely didn't start out that way as a genre. The emo kids of 2001-02 looked and acted completely different in the Detroit underground circuit where I grew up. There was way less of the whiny, “Oh! My daddy only got me a BMW instead of a Mercedes! Wah! *cut wrists*”, shit. Back then it was just a genre that had more of a focus on emotive lyrics and guitars that weren't even necessarily whiny emotions, than the pop punk Green Day stuff that was dying off. Emo got warped into a sick, nasty bastard of a creature by hipsters looking for something after pop punk was declared dead. Now it almost seems like underground is trendy. I've yet to go to a show that didn't have a couple of those kids awkwardly trying to skank or headbang to fit in.

Speaking of hipsters, I dropped by my favorite hole-in-the-wall venue today ( I like it because it's open all night on show nights. ) to see what new CD's they might have on the racks and I heard one of the 14 year-old hipsters gushing over a local band that broke up 3+ years ago. This girl was telling her friend how amazing they were and how she'd been listening to them since they got together. The clerk and I nearly ended up dying of laughter since that band got together something like 12 years ago.
seventy2 at 10:33PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
i must be eeeeeeemo.
————

speaking of current trends, i honestly feel i need to get a journal. i've been having bad thoughts lately. (not suicide or anything) just thoughts of a negative type. and when i have them i feel like i need to tell somebody….but there is no one here that i would confide something of this magnitude with. so i need to do something with them….

i dont even know what starts half of it…it's just wierd…and totally emo, cause i wont be able to buy my wife that mercede's she wants, only the older cadillac. lol.

after this next six months, money wont be a problem…
—–

also, i cant seem to focus. i'm beginning to be afraid that i'll end up like hubert farnsworth. at the end of my life, with a million genius half finished projects. not because i couldnt do it, just be cause i lost intrest at different stages. exercise, my music, ninja wedding, i'm even afraid that my new forum will soon fall from my list of fun things. blech. i hate this, maybe i'll learn to focus, and then i'll finish everything…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Arashi_san at 11:15PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
LoveandGuns
Skullbie
crocty
Me, 6 feet
I've seen your pictures and I find that rather unlikely…

Actually, he really is 6'5''. ._.
I heard he's over ten feet tall and eats 9th year girls for breakfast and dinner… (I mean that in the least sexual way possible)

I've demanded pictures that show his height, but he's denied me many times. He says it's out of “laziness”, but I think he's just a little kid.

Also, silly Seventy2, it's common knowledge that Crocty's gay.
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
HyenaHell at 11:38PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(online)
I just realised that Christmas was less than a week away. I thought I still had, like, at least a month or so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Custard Trout at 11:57PM, Dec. 18, 2008
(offline)
Hey I have an hour to finish this project. I SHOULD GOOF OFF ON THE INTERNET YES.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Senshuu at 1:49AM, Dec. 19, 2008
(offline)
I like how threads like these make all my issues seem severely minute.

On today's agenda: unexpected sleep after a long night's rest! I hate naps. x_x And now it's time for sleep, and I can't quite get there.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
bravo1102 at 6:37AM, Dec. 19, 2008
(offline)
Another Friday which means? Go to sleep at noon, get up at 8pm and work my midnight to 8am shift.

I got three packages I have to mail to Canada and I just don't feel like going to the Post Office today. We're expecting a snow storm or not. They keep changing the amount of snow and the rain/snow line.

And here's biazzare; I'm now reading one of the most interesting books in a while and can't seem to put it down and it's about? Life in the Cambrian Age as preserved in the Burgess Shale. (Wonderful Life by Stephen Jay Gould)

I started the next chapter of Go a Viking and the digital editing along with the damp weather is killing the right arm. Which means it's time to take pictures. Yuck. Digging out the shooting schedule, setting up the figures and horses and why didn't I do a stick figure comic? ;)

Life is great. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
AQua_ng at 7:55AM, Dec. 19, 2008
(offline)
I really didn't expect to spend the first day of my Christmas break gluing false teeth. There's superglue on my fingers now. :<

Obligatory ‘sticky fingers’ comment here

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
SarahN at 1:20PM, Dec. 19, 2008
(online)
Ehm, just thought I'd say that I accidently reported a comment, and yeah I don't really want it deleted.

I know you guys don't usually take off comments that have nothing wrong with them, but I did report one I wanted deleted not too long ago (that WAS taken off) and just wanted to let you know that this new report wasn't a case of clean house like that was. It was just me being click-happy. ^^;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
worstcase at 8:14PM, Dec. 19, 2008
(online)
You know what is a poor life choice? Gas stations. Gas stations at 10:00 at night by yourself.

Boy, I sure do LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE sexual harassment!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
lba at 8:17PM, Dec. 19, 2008
(online)
That's why you keep your keys in hand with one or two of them poking out between your fingers.

I've finally found something to do with myself. I found a big pack of sticker paper hidden away in the basement along with a few printer cartridges and some paint pens and I've been happily cranking out stickers left and right. I have no clue what I'm going to do with them, but I've got a pretty large pile going here.
HyenaHell at 7:19AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
lba
I've finally found something to do with myself. I found a big pack of sticker paper hidden away in the basement along with a few printer cartridges and some paint pens and I've been happily cranking out stickers left and right. I have no clue what I'm going to do with them, but I've got a pretty large pile going here.

You should organize a sticker exchange!
CharleyHorse at 7:44AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(offline)
A certain DDer left a crap comment or two on my comic strip, after dropping some preliminary faint praises here and there across my pages, and I have decided to leave them in place because they make me laugh. I am not talking about useful critical comments but those loving open-ended ‘your stuff doesn’t make sense and your gags aren't funny' comments that we gag-a-day cartoonists all find so very, very useful in improving our art form. Yeah – mind you, they shouldn't make me laugh, but they do. I obviously have a warped sense of humor.

I think what made me laugh is that he did not realize that it was a gag-a-day strip rather than the ongoing and continuing dramatic storyline thing that he produces and so his criticisms were based on the wrong set of measurements. I could see him becoming progressively more lost and baffled as he left a new comment on each page. It was as if one were set to comment on a sedate Harvard debate club event and instead encountered Monty Python,without a clue as to that humorous genre's standards or goals.

Ultimately he decided that he had no idea what was happening and that it was just too odd for his tastes. Well, duh, helloooooo! It's not meant to be an unfolding story.

Yeah, apparently he wanted an ongoing story rather than a gag-a-day concept. Well, hell, should I go to his dramatic comic with its unfolding story line and complain in the comments that I don't get his gags and that he's killing the humor by leaving in all that unnecessary and boring exposition and fight scenes?

Sigh!

So anyway, I found the whole thing funny, but the comments did sting enough that I wanted to rant about the whole thing for a bit.

PS: I did thereafter visit his comic and I left several positive comments with FIVES regarding HIS comic. Then I came here and produced a rant about the whole thing. Sniff! I feel better now. >:)

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
lba at 9:48AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
Hyena H_ll
lba

You should organize a sticker exchange!

I was thinking about seeing how many DDer's might be interested. But I also found a site that already does sticker exchanges on a massive scale called bombit!. I guess I'm up for it if people want a couple. It's kinda like free advertising or something, since I haven't put much money out of pocket into it.
HyenaHell at 11:11AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
CharleyHorse
A certain DDer left a crap comment or two on my comic strip, after dropping some preliminary faint praises here and there across my pages, and I have decided to leave them in place because they make me laugh.

Yeah – mind you, they shouldn't make me laugh, but they do. I obviously have a warped sense of humor.

Ha. Well I like your strip; but I'm inclided towards “random” humor. You know, if I don't care for someone's work, I just don't comment. Seems reasonable. But if you've left them up, I'm totally going straight to your strip to read them. ;)

The funniest thing like that I ever got was via my MySpace page (I know; MySpace, right? It's positively ghastly). This random sorority-looking girl decided to send me a message that said something to the effect of “Hyena Hell” being a fitting name for me, on account of my looking like some creature from hell. And that I should ditch the “goth/emo/hyena” look and go to a nice spa or salon. All this she got from a photo. I wrote her a lovely email back, thanking her for her advice. I think I enjoyed the fake nice reply almost as much as the hilarious original post.
HyenaHell at 11:15AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
lba
I was thinking about seeing how many DDer's might be interested. But I also found a site that already does sticker exchanges on a massive scale called bombit!. I guess I'm up for it if people want a couple. It's kinda like free advertising or something, since I haven't put much money out of pocket into it.

I'm always up for mail exchange. I'd have to buy some sticker paper, though. One of the best collabs I've done was a printmaking postcard exchange, where each artist printed an edition of X ammount of postcards, mailed them off to each participant, and in turn received original artwork postcards from everyone else.
subcultured at 11:32AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
woot! i met a dream girl last night at a bar.
hoping it all works out…
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
SarahN at 11:51AM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
Ugh, I got a cold just in time for the holidays. -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
subcultured at 5:16PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
subcultured
woot! i met a dream girl last night at a bar.
hoping it all works out…

nope. it didnt work out :(
oh well, back in the saddle again.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
lba at 5:19PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
Hyena H_ll
I'm always up for mail exchange. I'd have to buy some sticker paper, though. One of the best collabs I've done was a printmaking postcard exchange, where each artist printed an edition of X ammount of postcards, mailed them off to each participant, and in turn received original artwork postcards from everyone else.

If you have decent paint pens that are truly opaque, the post office is the best source of stickers in the world. They ship them to you at no charge whatsoever if you like tha handmade route of sticker art. I have several rolls sitting in my apartment that I got sent to me on a whim a while ago. Otherwise, I found that Staples has packs of about 100 for something like $30. Everywhere else is ghastly expensive.

Maybe I'll go ahead and make a thread for a DD sticker exchange. Just have to figure out where it would be best to put it.
Custard Trout at 5:37PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(offline)
The networking forum would be the best place for that.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
lba at 6:07PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
I was debating between that and Art/ Lit. So Networking forum it is.
CharleyHorse at 9:49PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(offline)
Oh hey, thanks for the visit Hyena H_ll. I appreciate the comments you left today. Oh, and sometimes it amazes me what people think is appropriate to leave on other people's sites. I once had a person solemnly explain to me why I shouldn't be cartooning at all . It was wild. I also left it in place. Other visitors thought it was a hoot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Ozoneocean at 10:16PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
I've had a migraine headache for two days straight now… Codeine isn't working. Stronger pills are currently easing it just enough to be tolerable. I've spent almost all my time in bed. What a shit weekend :(

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon