Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.
Product Placement at 3:45PM, Jan. 21, 2012
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
…and now Lawrence has gone as well.

Well then… no wonder he never wrote back to me.

At any rate, my offer still stands; I would like to see if I can improve this site, if only just a little. At very least I should be able to fix the forum. If I can program a frigging vacuum cleaner to clean a room on its own, I should be able to fix the damn fonts on this site.

Edit: Oh god. I just realized how hilariously fitting my avatar was for this post.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on Jan. 21, 2012 3:49PM
Ozoneocean at 4:27AM, Jan. 22, 2012
(online)
The situation with DD and Wowio is complex.

As Skool says, Kinh and Lawrence are no longer working there and those two were our chief liaisons with the company. DD also moved from being under active development into a simple maintenance status. All that is part of the same funding issue at Wowio.

All this has meant that Skool and I have had to realign ourselves to a new situation. There's a new person in charge of DD at Wowio who we aren't used to dealing with and who isn't used to dealing with us. There's still a bit of a transition left to go as we find out what's what- what's possible and what's not and how to manage things as we go on. :)
Tantz_Aerine at 12:36PM, Jan. 22, 2012
(online)
…so I suppose that coming here to complain about the forum reply text editor is a moot point… :/ but it really is so tiring sometimes… :(
Barry at 1:42AM, Jan. 26, 2012
(online)
Just setup my account and it wouldnt let me enter my date or year of birth? I am on the books as a13 year old instead of a 37 yo
Ozoneocean at 7:13AM, Jan. 26, 2012
(online)
You're 37 now! :)

Happy birthday! ^_^
Amelius at 11:48PM, Jan. 26, 2012
(offline)
Could we give whoever's working on things in the shadows a heads-up? I think the site's got an infection today, my computer totally locked up while the “meebo” bar was trying to load, every page load of this site and forum gave me a new blocked warning. Malicious Toolkit 9, Malicious Toolkit Black Hole 14…. trading betwixt the two with each loading. And I have no other tabs open so it's not that either! With this one tab, it's telling me there's high memory usage going on. Not good, not good at all!
Ugh, but this news of all the Wowio guys leaving and falling silent depresses me… this site was my first web home, and I hate this current state of decrepitude! :c
Ozoneocean at 11:43AM, Jan. 27, 2012
(online)
OK, I'm leaving to go to Bali in a couple of hours so I'll make it quick!
skoolmunkee at 10:36AM, Jan. 29, 2012
(offline)
He suspects it's probably a virus or something on your computer, but he said he'll look into it. He says the ads should be squeaky clean (but… everyone always says the ads are supposed to be squeaky clean).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Strain42 at 6:12PM, Feb. 18, 2012
(online)
This may not be the right place to inquire about this, but I had a thought about the site. The reason why Wowio isn't doing anything with the site is due to funding, right? More or less?
Is there any chance we could do a kickstarter project or something? Try to see what we'd need to make some modifications to improve the site, and see if the DD community would be willing to raise that.
Kickstarter projects are mostly risk free, if we make it we make it, but if we don't no one loses any money.
Just a thought.
skoolmunkee at 1:10AM, Feb. 19, 2012
(offline)
Kickstarer has pretty specific rules about what kinds of projects are allowed, and I don't think DD development would count as one of them according to a few of their standards. It's not a bad idea, it's one that has been brought up before, but it's not possible for them. :/

We have actually asked them about various funding possibilites, but none of them have been possible in various ways. They're not allowed to collect money from people (something about not collecting funding from outside established revenue streams?), not allowed to have volunteers doing thing to the site, etc. So they don't seem to think they've got many options other than the ones they're pursuing already.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ink_wolf at 7:41PM, Feb. 23, 2012
(online)
I dont know if this Problem is specific to me, but on one
of my comics it claims that I have 0 page views even though I have comments.
My other comic wont allow new pages or editing old
pages. Any clue whats wrong?
"There's no such thing as sanity, And that's the sanest fact"-Dire Straits, One World

Anubis at 2:30AM, Feb. 26, 2012
(offline)
The re-development of DD stopped before they got the counter done. Dont worry we all have unknown stats now.
Ink_wolf wrote:

I dont know if this Problem is specific to me, but on one
of my comics it claims that I have 0 page views even though I have comments.
My other comic wont allow new pages or editing old
pages. Any clue whats wrong?
Call Me Tom at 12:15AM, Feb. 27, 2012
(offline)
Er… The front page has stoped working…
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Ozoneocean at 5:20AM, Feb. 27, 2012
(online)
Yeah. :(
Skool has reported it and I've sent a note off as well. Very annoying!
irrevenant at 2:17AM, Feb. 28, 2012
(online)
I wasn't logged in. I entered a comment, ticked “anonymous” and clicked “say it!”.
It then told me I had to be logged in to comment, which is fine.
It popped up a modal dialog for me to log in to. When I did it deleted the comment I had written, which is NOT fine. :/
Would be awesome if that could be fixed, please.
last edited on Feb. 29, 2012 1:27AM
MrTT at 4:32PM, March 10, 2012
(online)
If you hit the previous page button from this page http://www.drunkduck.com/Weirdlings/5075264/
then drunkduck explodes.
Occurs in IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
molochmo at 10:27AM, March 18, 2012
(online)
Non-Drunk Duck members can't view subpages?
I created a subpage in DD then added it to my comic as a header link. I logged out of my account to see if it worked, but whenever I clicked on the header link that was supposed to take me to my newly-created subpage, I recieved a notice telling me I needed to login. Ended up creating a page on G-Sites instead. :|
Am I doing something wrong, or is this another site error? Thanks!
Ozoneocean at 11:05AM, March 18, 2012
(online)
@irrevenant - Yeah, that will have to wait on when the site gets funding for fixes again, sorry :(

@MrTT - That's because there is something strange in the author comments on that second last page. Probably some sort of BB coade that's uncolsed or something. The page needs to have the suthor comments edited to fix that. Or alternatively, just delete the whole page and re-upload it with new, simple author comments,

@Molochmo - Those sub page features are very half baked unfortunately! Best to do things the way you've done them! When the site gets funding again hopefullt there'll be a fix for that.
darth_paul at 6:37AM, March 26, 2012
(offline)
I haven't been around awhile so this is new to me, but are the green stripes supposed to be better than the dots because now there are layered rectangles of darker green overlapping the stripes in the overall background. Although, I guess there's no real sense in my complaining about it since it's probably not going to get changed again and I'm surprised even an attempt such as this was made to begin with, so sorry for wasting the time.
Macattack at 9:07AM, March 31, 2012
(offline)
so, I know updates are kind of on hold… but I was kind of curious. Is anyone else having the problem where every page you upload since the beginning of March is saying they were uploaded March 1st?
VegaX at 6:09AM, April 5, 2012
(offline)
Macattack wrote:
so, I know updates are kind of on hold… but I was kind of curious. Is anyone else having the problem where every page you upload since the beginning of March is saying they were uploaded March 1st?
Everyone has that problem yes.
But you can change the date manually when you upload the page. You can also change the date later for older pages.

Ralanost at 1:53AM, April 19, 2012
(online)
Just tried to sent an e-mail to the contact at info@drunkduck.com and got this back.

Mail Delivery Subsystemmailer-daemon@googlemail.com

4:47 AM (2 minutes ago)

to me

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
info@drunkduck.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected info@drunkduck.com (state 14).

—– Original message —–

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:date:message-
id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=bKUoN4ehaHv1fQkwojvKanXvt4+jq9X6qMq5l9qRw/8=;
b=bLY6mkEfhYrcHgoALSDCC1cBgAT1NNFMNHmcyBIptCcP5TBQ/DME5jaF0dowXMQ7Sq
7AeRahSDjeI+JWAzl429kVGWuq0fjDIGIPkQkqa19Ggg08DT9TnO5v9+cSjvhhhmjYvz
LX1fiZiBuI4sDBE555ygiDKwOKitDAw/Gb+Kpjt/ulOrOaP0hljAHdP4OH8gtdgyIbse
A3H3MP+kj+HTCLYNfq2oZaH5/KYGCt2wW5I0pVVjpaF9fRCKDU0u5PFCx2nDKzB7iTWd
WmJ7BXweWCr2AZ/KDeWGHSJXV6iI39TKpxFykRQoKy6JVggOicJAjLImO5XCUllymN9x
Knng==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.182.44.97 with SMTP id d1mr1481771obm.28.1334825268050; Thu,
19 Apr 2012 01:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.60.61.98 with HTTP; Thu, 19 Apr 2012 01:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 04:47:48 -0400
Message-ID:
Subject: My profile.
To: info@drunkduck.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=f46d0447a14df0795804be043973

Here was the message I originally wanted to send.

I go by Ralanost @ The Duck and there is someone that became my friend,
not sure how, and I have been trying to remove them. However, every
time I try I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. Can you please remove Volte6
as a friend? I don't know this person and never OK'd them as a friend.
bravo1102 at 5:47AM, April 19, 2012
(offline)
Updates are on hold, but somebody somewhere fixed the spacing on the comic control panel so all the avatar and banner images are now longer superimposed on top of the “Browse” tab making downloading and changing my comic's banner and avatar nearly the way one would expect it to be as opposed to one big jumble.
Product Placement at 6:31AM, April 19, 2012
(online)
Ralanost wrote:
I go by Ralanost @ The Duck and there is someone that became my friend,
not sure how, and I have been trying to remove them. However, every
time I try I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. Can you please remove Volte6
as a friend? I don't know this person and never OK'd them as a friend.
Ha ha. Volte6 was the original creator of this site. One of the easter eggs that he placed in the site was that everyone who registered here would automatically become his friend. He's long gone now since he moved on to do other things.

Kinda odd that you can't remove him, though.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
ayesinback at 5:53AM, April 20, 2012
(online)
Now it's three times I've been attacked by full-screen ads that will not close down as I furiously hit on the upper right corner x. The latest was for Comcast.

and I have pop-up blocker on (I use Chrome).

The only way to get rid of it is to exit “The Duck”.

There's the new site name: ducking out.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Strain42 at 2:53PM, April 21, 2012
(online)
So this giant new ad banner at the bottom of the screen…is this Wowio's attempt to get some more money to pump into the site? I'm actually asking. It's a bit annoying, but is this actually a step towards getting some of our features back? (and yeah, I figured out how to minimize the bar lol)
'cause if it is, that would be great.
skoolmunkee at 12:59PM, April 22, 2012
(offline)
The Meebo bar? No, that's been there for some time, at least 6 months or more. I think it was one of the last things Lawrence did. They would be paying DD to have that placed there, but it was probably a case of ‘well, it’s not too intrusive, and we don't have to do anything except put this bit of code in. Then we get some money.' So no, I wouldn't see it as a step forward.

From what I can tell, Wowio's working on offering some of their holdings as puplic stock or something. I don't know how long that process takes- they started on it a while ago- or what form that will take, but I don't expect any more funding to come in until they've accomplished that and… sold shares or however that works.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
El Cid at 4:59AM, May 3, 2012
(online)
I've been trying since last night to upload a page to my comic and every time I do, I get an error message saying “The Connection was reset.” Is there something going on with the site right now? I dunno, it seems like other people are still able to upload, but I've tried like a gazillion times, on three different browsers, and the site just won't let me upload any new pages!

Ozoneocean at 5:34AM, May 3, 2012
(online)
Which of your comics is thise problem happening with? All, or just one? Or a few, but not all?

I haven't heard that there's anything happening with the site.

If I know which comic it is I can try uploading work from the Admin end of the spectrum and see if that works.
El Cid at 4:06PM, May 3, 2012
(online)
Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner; just getting back home. I tried to upload just now and it worked, so whatever the problem was, it seems to have taken care of itself (fingers crossed). I was trying to upload to Death P*rn at the time.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon