Tips and Tricks/Support *

Hippie Van's Grand List of Bugs (and Workarounds!)
Ozoneocean at 8:13AM, Sept. 18, 2022
(online)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
Ozoneocean wrote:
- I have to censor myself because I'm an admin but you don't have to. lol

Well, thanks a fuckin' lot then! :P

Okay, that was uncalled for, but I couldn't resist, lol.
Hahaha! ^_^
J_Scarbrough at 12:42PM, Sept. 18, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
I think now that since Youtube handles its kid ratings itself
Actually, YouTube trusts its users and creators to rate their videos and content at their own discretion, because if they did it themselves, it would cause even bigger problems, because they would more than likely just automatically rate any videos that just happen to have cartoon characters and such as kids videos, even if they're clearly not for kids (Family Guy, South Park, for example).

It can be a tad frustrating though. In my case, I'm a puppeteer, and the majority of my YouTube content is puppetry, but while my content isn't necessarily for kids, I wouldn't say that it's for adults either, it's just kind of for anybody . . . but, if YouTube had full control over rating and labeling our content, they probably would just automatically rate my videos as being for kids because they have puppets in them.

They did actually threaten people with channel terminations and outrageously expensive fines if they suspect anyone intentionally mislabeling or misrepresenting their videos (i.e. not marking a video as being for kids when they detect that it is), but I so far have heard no instances of this actually happening.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Jesse_Koehler at 4:31PM, Nov. 26, 2022
(offline)
Since a couple of days I get “new comments” which cannot be Seen. So There is nothing in The new comments list… I was also looking at every single Page I uploaded… What does it mean? It's since 3 days.
J_Scarbrough at 10:29PM, Nov. 26, 2022
(offline)
Did you make sure you clicked “Mark All As Read”? Just reading a new comment or reply doesn't automatically mark it as read for you, you have to manually mark them as such.

Joseph Scarbrough
Jesse_Koehler at 1:58AM, Nov. 27, 2022
(offline)
I have already experienced that. the new comments box doesn't even say that a new message has appeared. (and yes I checked the date in the inbox). I can only recognize it by the blue (1). It also does not concern the PQ's or the replys. reloading the website doesn't help too. Are there maybe more problems if you use this website by your phone via google chrome? I uploaded a Screenshot which Shows The Problem. Just Look at The Image locker assets.
last edited on Nov. 27, 2022 2:41AM
Ozoneocean at 7:47AM, Nov. 27, 2022
(online)
Jesse_Koehler wrote:
I have already experienced that. the new comments box doesn't even say that a new message has appeared. (and yes I checked the date in the inbox). I can only recognize it by the blue (1). It also does not concern the PQ's or the replys. reloading the website doesn't help too. Are there maybe more problems if you use this website by your phone via google chrome? I uploaded a Screenshot which Shows The Problem. Just Look at The Image locker assets.
You'll have to post your image in your forum comments here:
copy and past the link and have img tags on either side.

We can't see your image locker without diving into the Amazon AWS S3 server. It can be done but it's painful and difficult so we don't do it unless it's for something really severe.

My guess is like J_Scarbrough says: You have to “Mark all the comments read” and that should get rid of it. But sometimes you also have to make sure you close all tabs that have this site showing or it won't clear.
I get that myself all the time, especially with comment replies.

It's not a big deal so it's a low status bug but it's STILL a bug and quite annoying.
last edited on Nov. 27, 2022 7:48AM
Jesse_Koehler at 10:51AM, Nov. 27, 2022
(offline)
Screenshot_20221127-113828.png//media/users/Jesse_Koehler/assets/Screenshot_20221127-113828.png

I surely postet The Link wrong, so I Uploaded The Screenshot at one of my Comics: Furry Tale The Idea Palace. I also Marked all comments as read, reloaded The Website and closed all Chrome Tabs (I had Always Just 1 The-Duck-tab), but The Problem is still There. I at least Hope that i could Help you Guys with all that information somehow…
last edited on Nov. 27, 2022 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 7:31PM, Nov. 27, 2022
(online)
Jesse_Koehler wrote:
Screenshot_20221127-113828.png//media/users/Jesse_Koehler/assets/Screenshot_20221127-113828.png

I surely postet The Link wrong, so I Uploaded The Screenshot at one of my Comics: Furry Tale The Idea Palace. I also Marked all comments as read, reloaded The Website and closed all Chrome Tabs (I had Always Just 1 The-Duck-tab), but The Problem is still There. I at least Hope that i could Help you Guys with all that information somehow…
The only reason it could be staying then is maybe if a Spammer commented and then I deleted their account so the comment wet away too but the notification stayed.
If that's the case I don't know how to fix it.

I could try reloading the site.
Or I could try getting into your account and seeing if there is anything I can do, but for that I'll need to reset your password so I will need to co-ordinate with you over email if I do that.
ThatDarnFoxCreations at 7:36AM, Nov. 28, 2022
(offline)
Can we get a fix on the subpages requiring a login? Very frustrating.
J_Scarbrough at 8:29AM, Nov. 28, 2022
(offline)
ThatDarnFoxCreations wrote:
Yeah, I made this same suggestion in another thread. I mean requiring a login to comment I can understand to curb spamming and such, but surely subpages shouldn't have to require logins - especially, in my case, when subpages are kind of necessary to educate potential new readers (or anybody, really) about the comic and its characters and such.

Joseph Scarbrough
ThatDarnFoxCreations at 9:28AM, Nov. 28, 2022
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
Yeah, I made this same suggestion in another thread. I mean requiring a login to comment I can understand to curb spamming and such, but surely subpages shouldn't have to require logins - especially, in my case, when subpages are kind of necessary to educate potential new readers (or anybody, really) about the comic and its characters and such.

I do the same. But I also put the character bios and other info in updates between chapters, so I guess I could link to those instead.

Just makes the subpages even more useless.
Ozoneocean at 8:49PM, Nov. 29, 2022
(online)
Jesse_Koehler wrote:

Alexey took time away from working on the site update to fix this issue for us. I hope it's fixed things ^_^
bravo1102 at 2:11AM, Nov. 30, 2022
(offline)

It's just that to access certain features of a site, you have to be a member. The site wants to build membership so certain features aren't available without a log in.

But there are workarounds and once there were not always subpages provided by the site.

So you can provide links to offsite locations for your subpages. More work for you but you want to circumvent the features of the site for the convenience of your readers have at it.
Or you can have the information in the run of pages.
Or you can make the subpages another comic with a link along the side.

Or you could help the site increase its membership by encouraging readers to join the site for full benefits.
ThatDarnFoxCreations at 7:48AM, Dec. 1, 2022
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:

It's just that to access certain features of a site, you have to be a member. The site wants to build membership so certain features aren't available without a log in.

But there are workarounds and once there were not always subpages provided by the site.

So you can provide links to offsite locations for your subpages. More work for you but you want to circumvent the features of the site for the convenience of your readers have at it.
Or you can have the information in the run of pages.
Or you can make the subpages another comic with a link along the side.

Or you could help the site increase its membership by encouraging readers to join the site for full benefits.

So either they join the site or the site potentially gets less traffic.

Ever start reading an online article but then part way it asks you to sign in? I don't know about you, but I go back to searching for other sites with the same info instead of creating an account.

Unless I'm missing something, this seems more like a bug than a member's-only feature.

Does the site state subpages are for members only?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon