Tips and Tricks/Support *

Hippie Van's Grand List of Bugs (and Workarounds!)
Eustacheus at 7:17AM, Sept. 29, 2019
(offline)
I want to edit a page from my comic but I don't want to change its date. But when I try to edit the page it sets a date from 2019 since 2018 isn't available in the dropdown menu anymore. Is there a way to keep the date?
Ozoneocean at 9:03AM, Sept. 30, 2019
(online)
No.
You can message me with a link to the page and a note about what date you want and I can fix that for you.

Freiha at 1:12AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is related to this.
I often go back to update older pages to fix typos, etc.
However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha
last edited on Aug. 9, 2020 1:15AM
Ozoneocean at 6:18PM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
Freiha wrote:
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is related to this.
I often go back to update older pages to fix typos, etc.
However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha

That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(

Freiha at 11:52PM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(

Hi ozoneocean,

Thank you for your reply.

That's OK. I don't mind that the dates are all mixed up now as long as the pages are visible and I understand why it happens.
Seeing that a lot of people have the same issue, I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent it in the future.
Maybe like this: Lock the date of pages that were uploaded before beginning of the current year and add an “Edit the date of this page” button with a small text that says that one can't choose a date in the previous year. Clicking the button will enable the date drop downs, otherwise they'll stay unchanged.

Regards
~Freiha
Ozoneocean at 6:12AM, Aug. 10, 2020
(online)
You're right! It's something that needs tweaking!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+