Tips and Tricks/Support *

Hippie Van's Grand List of Bugs (and Workarounds!)
HippieVan at 6:22AM, May 11, 2016
(online)
Some updates were made to the site (bug fixes, ironically) that seem to be causing issues right now. I'll update on this later once I have a better idea of what's going on, but for now the only thing I can prescribe is patience! :(
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
EssayBee at 7:46AM, May 31, 2016
(offline)
Just reporting a bug on behalf of a reader. Since you fixed the bug allowing preuploaded pages to register on the “Last Update” properly (and, again, thank you very much for fixing that!) user meemjar (http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/user/meemjar/) has let me know that he's gotten a flood of e-mail messages announcing that Fusion has updated every time a new preuploaded Fusion page goes live. No other users have informed me of this (and some have said that they had no such problem), but so far, meemjar has gotten these floods for both of the the preuploaded updates I've done since the update bug was fixed.
last edited on May 31, 2016 7:47AM
HippieVan at 12:57PM, May 31, 2016
(online)
EssayBee wrote:
Just reporting a bug on behalf of a reader. Since you fixed the bug allowing preuploaded pages to register on the “Last Update” properly (and, again, thank you very much for fixing that!) user meemjar (http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/user/meemjar/) has let me know that he's gotten a flood of e-mail messages announcing that Fusion has updated every time a new preuploaded Fusion page goes live. No other users have informed me of this (and some have said that they had no such problem), but so far, meemjar has gotten these floods for both of the the preuploaded updates I've done since the update bug was fixed.

Well that is very strange. Thanks for letting us know!
Hayakain at 1:18PM, June 1, 2016
(offline)
There's a stats Gap for this past weekend, stats for Saturday appear but then the next update was Tuesday. Pics Included:
Saturday:
Monday:
]
Check out www.hayakain.deviantart.com
OR www.furaffinity.net/user/hayakain/ for other works :D

Ozoneocean at 6:18PM, June 6, 2016
(online)
You're right!
Must have been Alexey doing work on the backend. He did tell me he was looking at stat records then actually!
dpat57 at 5:23AM, June 11, 2016
(offline)
When I uploaded a comic page yesterday I noticed an older comic page which I wanted to reference was missing, so I uploaded the missing page today with a 2010 date stamp. The upload went fine, no problems. But I noticed the comic then appeared on the front page's Latest Updates list as if it was a current upload not a historic page. No biggie, just mentioning it.
irrevenant at 7:35AM, June 17, 2016
(online)
I accidentally published a page prematurely and noticed that new pages appear in the ‘Latest updates’ slot on the home page as expected. However when you then go “Ahh! Ahh!” and frantically pull the page down in order to fix it, the icon remains under ‘Latest updates’. (Clicking on it goes to whatever the last actually published page was).

This isn't a high-priority fix ‘cos it’s kind of an edge case but it would be ideal to fix it sometime.

Thanks. :)
Ozoneocean at 12:26AM, June 18, 2016
(online)
Yeah, I've noticed it too when I updated my test comics… Have to add it to the list :(
HippieVan at 9:30AM, June 18, 2016
(online)
This one doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. I can't imagine it's something that happens often enough to be really annoying to people perusing the latest updates. The only potential issue is that people could abuse it to keep their comic on the front page, I guess.
irrevenant at 12:22AM, June 19, 2016
(online)
Ya, it's a low priority fix. Just throw it on the end of the list somewhere. :)
ashtree house at 9:58PM, June 29, 2016
(offline)
This isn't really a bug but am hoping you guys can help me out with something. I tried searching the forums to see if this has been asked/answered but couldn't find anything so please direct me in the right direction if there is a fix for this.

I uploaded a page that I want to be in the prologue, so waaay back at the beginning on my comic. I backdated it and that worked, but obviously the page still loads in the most recent (top) in the “pages” section. I can move it down using v arrow, but it doesn't let me move it further then the bottom of the “pages” section. It loads 20 pages at a time, then you have to hit next, then loads the next 20 and so on… Is there a way I can move this comic further back? It is currently “stuck” and I can only move it back up at this point.

(Let me know if you need a screen shot of anything.)

Or maybe I should have posted a separate post for this?

Thanks!

last edited on June 30, 2016 10:39AM
Ozoneocean at 11:43PM, July 2, 2016
(online)
Crap. That's still an issue?
I can move it for you using the admin section.

–Edit–
Did you cleverly sort this out by changing the title and image of a page already in that position that you wanted your prologue? :)

-If you still need help with it let me know.
last edited on July 2, 2016 11:49PM
JillyFoo at 8:14AM, July 23, 2016
(online)
I can't find the “delete webcomic” option.

(I just want to delete one of the comics I haven't updated in forever, PC.)
last edited on July 25, 2016 3:44PM
HippieVan at 2:03PM, July 23, 2016
(online)
JillyFoo wrote:

(I just want to delete one of the comics I haven't updated in forever, Phoenix Curse.)

Go to “user control panel,” scroll down to where your comics are listed and you should see buttons both to “edit” and “delete.”

Make sure you think hard about it before deleting a comic, though, as it can't be undone! (Probably obvious advice, sorry)
JillyFoo at 3:49PM, July 25, 2016
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
JillyFoo wrote:

(I just want to delete one of the comics I haven't updated in forever, Phoenix Curse.)

Go to “user control panel,” scroll down to where your comics are listed and you should see buttons both to “edit” and “delete.”

Make sure you think hard about it before deleting a comic, though, as it can't be undone! (Probably obvious advice, sorry)

Thank you so much. Weird that it wouldn't be in the edit webcomic area.

No prob about deleting PC. I think deleting it was the best thing for PC. I got a job teaching high school art. I want to use PC as a teaching comic and I felt that my mature comics online should not be associated with my teaching comics. Thanks again.
cdmalcolm1 at 6:23PM, Aug. 9, 2016
(online)
Hello good ppl of the Duck.

um…I just currently updated one of my pages…aaannnnnddddd it's not showing up on the home page in the “latest update”… At first I thought because the name are similar, but that is not the case. I throw up a test page with a different title name and picture. Still nothing.

Am I Banned from the Duck Homepage?
cdmalcolm1 at 8:07PM, Aug. 9, 2016
(online)
Okay,
I see. the site has not updated in like a few hours. normally by now, someone would have put up an update of their comic.
Ozoneocean at 7:13PM, Aug. 10, 2016
(online)
There is a bug in the system so the clock time of the recently updated list is ahead of the normal server time, which is set for US Pacific time.

What happens is that preuploaded comics start to show as updated in the list before it's time for them to update.

I have tried to contact our programmer Alexey but I am getting zero response. If this continues I may have to hire someone else.
Ozoneocean at 8:34PM, Aug. 11, 2016
(online)
Should be fixed by today's update.
KmChez at 4:17AM, Aug. 29, 2016
(offline)
How can I delete my account in this site? I decided to move on elsewhere but I can't seem to find the deactivate button. ..
How can I delete this account?
HippieVan at 8:29AM, Aug. 29, 2016
(online)
KmChez wrote:
How can I delete my account in this site? I decided to move on elsewhere but I can't seem to find the deactivate button. ..

I can deactivate your account for you - is this the account you want deleted?
KmChez at 12:43PM, Aug. 29, 2016
(offline)
Yes this is the account, I'd be so grateful if you'd delete this for me. Thank you ^^ ♡
How can I delete this account?
snuffysam at 11:40AM, Oct. 17, 2016
(online)
I think I'm encountering a bug where pages that are GIFs don't get animated.
HippieVan at 11:35AM, Oct. 18, 2016
(online)
snuffysam wrote:

Yes, iirc gifs don't work as comic pages. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer or a workaround.
snuffysam at 3:04PM, Oct. 18, 2016
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
snuffysam wrote:

Yes, iirc gifs don't work as comic pages. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer or a workaround.

Ok, thanks!
Magor at 6:22PM, Nov. 15, 2016
(offline)
Hey I'm trying to add various links to my comic pages but I keep getting an internet error and it's really bugging me considering the amount of work I've done making the images! PLEASE HELP!
Nywoe at 8:35PM, Jan. 11, 2017
(online)
mashumatt wrote:
I am trying to upload a page from my comic strip (a JPEG image which is about 102KB) but nothing happens when I click on ‘save page’. Can anyone please help?

I realize your post is from almost a year ago, but I'm having the same issue now. :(

I hit the save pages button, and it thinks for a while, then it stops thinking, then nothing. It stays on the page where you load new pages. Then I go back to my profile and it has the thumbnail, but no pages.

I'll try saving a page again tomorrow and see if something changes.
Nywoe at 7:07AM, Jan. 12, 2017
(online)
Hmmm… It's still doing it this morning.
Ozoneocean at 7:24PM, Jan. 30, 2017
(online)
Sorry no one caught this man… That change was due to a site upgrade, It should be fixed now.
stinger9 at 12:07PM, Feb. 4, 2017
(offline)
No idea if this is a known bug, I couldn't find anything about it, but it's a fairly minor thing anyway. My page count doesn't seem to be working correctly. The page count seemed to be off by one for a while, but recently I went back through and edited the titles on some pages, and now it seems to be off by about 7 pages! Again, just a minor issue, since all the pages themselves seem to be working correctly, it's just kind of a tiny annoyance, and figured I may as well report it!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon