Comic Talk and General Discussion *

2017 Rant/Share/General Discussion Thread
seventy2 at 11:17PM, Aug. 7, 2017
(online)
Remember when i used to post here so much, that skoolmunkee scolded me, and we turned the rant thread into a yearly rant thread?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
bravo1102 at 1:04AM, Aug. 8, 2017
(offline)
seventy2 wrote:
Remember when i used to post here so much, that skoolmunkee scolded me, and we turned the rant thread into a yearly rant thread?

Wasn't it something about getting the post number up? But now she's not here and the annual thing keeps it current and not full of spam. (Orders up: Spam, eggs, bacon and spam!)

Haven't heard anything from you in like two comics (back in when I was doing Battle of the Robofemoids?) Wow…
Ozoneocean at 4:47AM, Aug. 8, 2017
(online)
seventy2 wrote:

You kept posting weird selfies ^_^
Ozoneocean at 4:47AM, Aug. 8, 2017
(online)
What have you been up to man?
seventy2 at 9:05PM, Aug. 9, 2017
(online)
It was weird selfies, and i think i was drunk posting all the time…back when it was drunk duck. skoolmunkee chided me, and shortly after that we started dating the threads.

Well, what was it? 2011 when i left. The forums had a tough year that year. and since it was up and down, i decided to leave. Turns out, Drunk duck was the only thing holding my life together.
Went on a deployment sometime that year, leading to my actual divorce. (whew! we finally did it!!)
Got a (non-life threatening or even bad really) medical condition which disqualified me from my dream military job, lost my discipline, made some mistakes in the military, deployed several more times, spiraled further down, left active duty, got bored working civilian jobs, moved to california, joined part time military rescue, went unemployed for a year, then picked up a job at Tesla Motors.

I've been working there for over 2 years now. I was even in Queensland australia last year for the military!

life is pretty good these days. but there's a whole lot more in those gaps, but that's the TL;DR
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
Ironscarf at 4:17PM, Aug. 10, 2017
(offline)
life is pretty good these days. but there's a whole lot more in those gaps, but that's the TL;DR

Glad to hear you're still out there doing the thing - I often wonder what happened to you. I can't find Top Drawer Gamma though!
Ozoneocean at 8:19PM, Aug. 10, 2017
(online)
seventy2 wrote:
It was weird selfies, and i think i was drunk posting all the time…back when it was drunk duck. skoolmunkee chided me, and shortly after that we started dating the threads.

Well, what was it? 2011 when i left. The forums had a tough year that year. and since it was up and down, i decided to leave. Turns out, Drunk duck was the only thing holding my life together.
Went on a deployment sometime that year, leading to my actual divorce. (whew! we finally did it!!)
Got a (non-life threatening or even bad really) medical condition which disqualified me from my dream military job, lost my discipline, made some mistakes in the military, deployed several more times, spiraled further down, left active duty, got bored working civilian jobs, moved to california, joined part time military rescue, went unemployed for a year, then picked up a job at Tesla Motors.

I've been working there for over 2 years now. I was even in Queensland australia last year for the military!

You were in Australia? That's groovy man!
I remember the dream job you were going for… Something about parachuting… Good to know about the Tesla job :)
Your wife was terrible for you. I'm glad that part of your life is over.
Welcome back man! I've often thought about you.
kawaiidaigakusei at 7:12PM, Aug. 12, 2017
(online)
Welcome back Seventy2, yes, I remember all your forum posts from about nine years ago. Back then you were always being deployed and would always return home with more life stress than when you left.

===

Guess what I did a few weekends ago, Oz?

A few nights before Dita Von Teese's: Art of the Teese show in LA, I was able to find a ticket at a pretty nice price. I figure, she is one of my fashion/style icons and one of my role models, so I had to see her perform at least once. That Friday I took the early afternoon train to Los Angeles, had dinner in Little Tokyo and then I was on the South end of Broadway waiting in a line of young women in vintage dresses with red lipstick and long black curls. The audience was quite the spectacle.

I walked inside the restored, historic Ace Theater with its early Art Deco interior architecture. The main hall had floral wood cutouts, and I found my seat in the side left orchestra section, the red velvet upholstery cushions dating back to nearly sixty years sinces its last refitting, and I sat with high aniticipation for my first Burlesque show.

Dita came out and did her signature martini glass piece, then a contemporary dancer named Ginger Valentine recreated a classic Dita performamce with her own style. There was a Dancer from Australia who choreographed her dance number to a retro song that would have been played from a gramaphone. There was a M2F transgender that performed a very ethereal piece. A male matador that disguised himself like Zorro. There was a very plump plus size dancer riding on a stationary carousel horse.

In addition to the martini glass, did performed a number with the giant ostrich feathers, one where she lip synced and danced with two male dancers, she closed the night with a Western themed performance that ended with her on a pink upholstered, plush electronic bull where she rode it in slow motion to the heart-pulse beat of the DJ.

The entire show was magical, superb, and mesmerizing. It will definitely go down as one of the best experiences and well-spent evenings in recent history.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 1:49AM, Aug. 14, 2017
(online)
That sounds amazing Kawaii! What a superb experience :D
Tantz_Aerine at 1:38PM, Aug. 18, 2017
(online)
Today I got inspired to try and re-enter the forums and be participant like I once was, then my eyes started hurting form the squinting. I'm getting old, everything looks tiny and unreadable to me, even with glasses :(
bravo1102 at 4:56PM, Aug. 18, 2017
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
Today I got inspired to try and re-enter the forums and be participant like I once was, then my eyes started hurting form the squinting. I'm getting old, everything looks tiny and unreadable to me, even with glasses :(
You need bifocals, they'll go nicely with your grey hair (saw the picture). ;)

I might be retrying them myself. They might work better now that I'm not so severely myopic after the cataract surgery last year. Three eye surgeries to include emergency surgery for a partially detached retina.
Tantz_Aerine at 7:40AM, Aug. 19, 2017
(online)
Three surgeries! Goodness I hope no more.

I'm kinda afraid of bifocals I've been told people may or may not get used to them…
Ozoneocean at 8:31AM, Aug. 20, 2017
(online)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
“ctrl+” is your friend!
When you want the forum text bigger, or any online text or pics anywhere, press control and plus. Control and minus reduces the size and control and zero takes it back to normal again.
Udyr at 11:31AM, Aug. 20, 2017
(online)
Today: too hungover to draw, stared at wall all day.
Much excite.
bravo1102 at 9:50PM, Aug. 20, 2017
(offline)
Udyr wrote:
Today: too hungover to draw, stared at wall all day.
Much excite.
Between my headaches and my sinus congestion I get the hangovers without getting drunk before hand. :(
PIT_FACE at 9:56AM, Aug. 23, 2017
(online)
Was substitute teaching today. One of the students was this little three year old girl and she had a little turtle puppet. I lean in and say, “what's the turtle say?” she says with perfect pronunciation, “it is not your destiny to stop me.”

so.

bravo1102 at 9:31PM, Aug. 23, 2017
(offline)
PIT_FACE wrote:
Was substitute teaching today. One of the students was this little three year old girl and she had a little turtle puppet. I lean in and say, “what's the turtle say?” she says with perfect pronunciation, “it is not your destiny to stop me.”

so.
Would you rather that it was your destiny to stop her?
Ozoneocean at 9:52PM, Aug. 27, 2017
(online)
HA AH HA HAH HAR HAAARRRRRRR! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!
Tantz_Aerine at 8:07AM, Aug. 28, 2017
(online)
First day of my winter schedule. I feel so damn accomplished today.
Ozoneocean at 8:21PM, Aug. 28, 2017
(online)
Winter? Really? It's that a bit early?
You're a superhero! :D
Tantz_Aerine at 6:02AM, Aug. 29, 2017
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Winter? Really? It's that a bit early?
You're a superhero! :D

not really no, not for a publishing house and certainly not for activism stuff :)

I don't know about superhero I'm just trying to keep up with everything. XD
Ozoneocean at 6:15PM, Aug. 29, 2017
(online)
You still seem pretty heroic and driven to me! :D
kawaiidaigakusei at 11:54PM, Aug. 29, 2017
(online)
I have had an interesting last couple of days. Well let me rewind a bit. Last school year, I was talking to the administrative secretary at one of the schools I worked and she said, “Hey, you went to the same high school as my little brother, do you know him?” I asked her his name and after I heard it, I said, “Yes I know him. We went to prom together.”

It is amazing how over a decade of time can pass and all the memories of that major high school crush can come back to the forefront of my mind. Sitting next to each other during a 6-week SAT prep course, teammates in an Academic Club (when he was my JV captain), sharing the same set of earbuds on the bus ride home after an away game, chatting on AIM, orchestra concerts, prom night.

That is why it came as a sudden shock when I saw him at one of my workplaces on Sunday. I called out his name, then ducked below the counter and let my hair down. I ran up to him and said, “Do you remember me?” We talked outside for about thirteen minutes–one minute for every year since I last saw him. I gave him a hug and I gave him my business card with “let's get lunch” and my phone number written on the back. It turns out we have been working next door to each other for the past year and we finally crossed paths last week.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Aug. 30, 2017 7:22AM
Ozoneocean at 2:08AM, Aug. 30, 2017
(online)
Wow Kawaii! o_O
Tantz_Aerine at 2:11AM, Aug. 30, 2017
(online)
I think your experience would totally make a romcom movie script Kawaii!
bravo1102 at 6:30AM, Aug. 30, 2017
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
I think your experience would totally make a romcom movie script Kawaii!
Oh my god, that was my reaction too!
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:04PM, Aug. 30, 2017
(online)
@bravo-
I have a burning question from 2013. Do you still have an RAF Bomber model that is up for adoption to a good home? If yes, I am very interested.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
bravo1102 at 12:29AM, Aug. 31, 2017
(offline)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
@bravo-
I have a burning question from 2013. Do you still have an RAF Bomber model that is up for adoption to a good home? If yes, I am very interested.
Any particular one? I recommend On a stand In flight as it's easier to move around. You want more than one?
Ozoneocean at 1:22AM, Aug. 31, 2017
(online)
I'm a member of some historical focussed groups on Facebook and two things that really SHITS me is that whenever certain 19th century photos are posted people will either say:
“OH THAT”S A GAY COUPLE!!!!“
or
”OH, THAT PERSON THERE IS ACTUALLY DEAD! THAT'S POST MORTEM PHOTOGRAPHY WHERE THEY WERE POSED TO LOOK ALIVE“

RE: the gay couple stuff: Yes, sometimes the people are gay, or they might possibly be gay, but many of the photos are of grown siblings or good friends. Standards for public displays of affection between people of the same sex, especially Slavs and people from the Balkans, were different than today, especially in modern English speaking countries. Straight men held hands, hugged and kissed as a matter of course.

RE: so called ”PM“ photography. It happened but it was very rare. If someone was dead they were shown to be dead, not given life-like poses, that sort of Weekend At Berny's thing was astonishingly rare. But these idiots imagine that all types of PM photography were common.
These dicknozzels play a game of ”spot the dead person" on almost EVERY black and white photo they see.
More into on PM photography: http://www.skepticink.com/incredulous/2016/06/19/myth-victorian-post-mortem-photography/
bravo1102 at 2:20AM, Aug. 31, 2017
(offline)
I feel your pain. I'm in some pretty specific interest groups and it's astounding how many absolute garbage posts there are.

Please, NO spam, NO memes, NO tropes. Facts and evidence. If a picture of an aircraft carrier has YKTN on the flight deck and a “Y” on the funnel don't claim it's the Lexington

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon