(online)
Bekefel
Bird shoulds just keep squawking.
What?

AH, the TD… it was great once :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
HippieVan at 7:12PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
I think I just fell asleep with my eyes open for a moment. That was a weird feeling.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
lefarce at 9:04PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
Fuck people who include me in a generalization about a certain forum of old that apparently consisted of only trolls and idiots.

Bird shoulds just keep squawking.

It didn't always. You and I used to just post to make people laugh. Then idiots, then trolls, then drama, then death. But yeah, birds and squawking and HEY WAIT A MINUTE YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE GAY FOR ME WHATS UP WITH THAT WHERE IS MY MAN LOVE

whore

My rant is that I dont know what direction to take my art in. I've been honing my skills in terms of “serious” artwork, making my style less cartoony, getting a grasp on vehicles and buildings. I've had an idea for a fantasy comic for years now, but each time I get ready to sit down and pen my epic I feel that I need to do a “warm up comic”. And it always turns out like Le Farce and then I just get into do THAT.

There's the problem. Should I keep with Le Farce, rework it and sell it as a book to the few people I know are still interested, or should I commit my time to finishing this comic I've been putting off?

Also the local news paper wants me to draw for them but I have to jump through an insane amount of hoops, it's really starting to become aggrivating. “call this chick, no now this one, wait e-mail whats-her-face”.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Aurora Borealis at 11:40PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Aurora Borealis
Ryuthehedgewolf
Aurora Borealis
My throat starts to hurt and I feel weak. I guess the mad marathon to finish the comic as fast as possible (entire nights spent in photoshop coloring up to 7 pages a night) is finally taking its toll. Either that, or I simply postponed the illness by staying focused and now it hits back.

But yay, all 128 pages are done, I just need to letter them :D

Dude. I envy you.

Coloring up to 7 pages a night?
Ha. The most I've EVER got done, was 1. And that wasn't even a whole sit through. I had to get up, move around, check myspace, etc.

I don't know if it's because I have ADD or I'm just easily distracted. It happens with regular comic pages all the time.

But seriously, if I ever could get THAT much work done, it would be a miracle.

So congrats man! I'll have to check our your comic!

Well, I couldn't sit through one page myself, but then I found out that listening to comics related podcasts keeps me distracted enough so that I can focus on the art (if that makes any sense). And it's good to make a short break every half hour, just so you can stretch your legs and back.

I'm dropping coloring on my next title though. Hope this means I'll be able to finish the art for all 60-80 pages in a space of two months, or maybe even one.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
60-80 pages in TWO MONTHS?
Dang dude. You have have one hell of a work ethic.
Even with my comic strip, 20 was pushing it.
Hahahaha.

I've noticed that the longer I stay on one page, the less willing I am to put the same amount of time into the next one. Also, it just makes me draw more lines and my art doesn't really get any better. Sooo, I opted for simplier style and preferably not more than two hours per page.
Took me a week to draw first 10 pages of chapter 4, then a week off, then another week to do the remaining 22 pages, which I had to ink unfortunately as I did too light pencils to scan them properly (this made me lose couple more days), finally the 6 days I spent coloring the whole 32 pages plus a day and a half to letter it all. That's a bit over a month including the break. Cut out the coloring and I should be able to do 40. It's all a big theory anyway, maybe I just had my productive peak or something and will fail to produce more than 10 pages. I'll see how it comes along once I'm done reformatting and relettering Din Krakatau for print :P

Did I mention that my goal is to achieve a “1 page = 1 hour or less” ratio? :D

Random rant: my comic plans might be ruined by a simple fact that I'm running out of money :P

Stupid money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:59PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(offline)
Aurora Borealis
Ryuthehedgewolf
Aurora Borealis
Ryuthehedgewolf
Aurora Borealis
My throat starts to hurt and I feel weak. I guess the mad marathon to finish the comic as fast as possible (entire nights spent in photoshop coloring up to 7 pages a night) is finally taking its toll. Either that, or I simply postponed the illness by staying focused and now it hits back.

But yay, all 128 pages are done, I just need to letter them :D

Dude. I envy you.

Coloring up to 7 pages a night?
Ha. The most I've EVER got done, was 1. And that wasn't even a whole sit through. I had to get up, move around, check myspace, etc.

I don't know if it's because I have ADD or I'm just easily distracted. It happens with regular comic pages all the time.

But seriously, if I ever could get THAT much work done, it would be a miracle.

So congrats man! I'll have to check our your comic!

Well, I couldn't sit through one page myself, but then I found out that listening to comics related podcasts keeps me distracted enough so that I can focus on the art (if that makes any sense). And it's good to make a short break every half hour, just so you can stretch your legs and back.

I'm dropping coloring on my next title though. Hope this means I'll be able to finish the art for all 60-80 pages in a space of two months, or maybe even one.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
60-80 pages in TWO MONTHS?
Dang dude. You have have one hell of a work ethic.
Even with my comic strip, 20 was pushing it.
Hahahaha.

I've noticed that the longer I stay on one page, the less willing I am to put the same amount of time into the next one. Also, it just makes me draw more lines and my art doesn't really get any better. Sooo, I opted for simplier style and preferably not more than two hours per page.
Took me a week to draw first 10 pages of chapter 4, then a week off, then another week to do the remaining 22 pages, which I had to ink unfortunately as I did too light pencils to scan them properly (this made me lose couple more days), finally the 6 days I spent coloring the whole 32 pages plus a day and a half to letter it all. That's a bit over a month including the break. Cut out the coloring and I should be able to do 40. It's all a big theory anyway, maybe I just had my productive peak or something and will fail to produce more than 10 pages. I'll see how it comes along once I'm done reformatting and relettering Din Krakatau for print :P

Did I mention that my goal is to achieve a “1 page = 1 hour or less” ratio? :D

Random rant: my comic plans might be ruined by a simple fact that I'm running out of money :P

Stupid money.

:O
For my actual story comic, Ryu's Krew. I spend at LEAST 8 hours on each page.
And mine is in black and white. I've only drawn 5 pages, and I've already had to re-draw Page 4.

But it's better though, I didn't show enough fluid movement, annnnd, I wasn't consistant at all. Ryu's hoodie had one sleeve ripped off, and one on. On the old page 4, it was on still :\ and the movement panels were horrriibble. But I changed them. And it looks better. Not amazing, but better.

That's why I love drawing my strip so much. It's so much easier, and better for me when I want to relax.

About 1 hour of work total, as opposed to 8 hours.
Is a loooot better.
Not even an hour actually.

And it gives me a reason to draw my old crappy fancharacter version of Ryu. Which is what my name is. When I first made my account, my strip was my main comic, and it was half serious, half comedy. Now I'm thinking of it as all comedy. I made my DD account when I was doing it…so therefore, that's why my name is what it is.

But yeah. I do need to do a BUNCH more on Ryu's Krew. Chaotic World (the strip) is fun to draw, but I don't have to focus on it. Since I already have about 50 made :\
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
bravo1102 at 8:50AM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
So I played plumber at work last night. I'm the night security guard in a senior apartment building. Well, a woman had an overflowing toilet. She put in too much paper. Maintenance couldn't or wouldn' come out, so I played plumber. The woman was 88 and on Assisted Living so one day I could be there and I's like it if someone would be kind enough to do the same for me.

I find out later that she does this semi-regularly as she has a tendency to put in too much paper. But I heard how she was begging the maintenance guy later to come up with her and she was calling me repeatedly when I was trying to get maintenance at 3 AM. So I'm glad I took care of it quickly because that way I don't have to deal with incessant complaining. Just do it and shut her up. It's not like she can do it herself. She can't sit on a normal toilet by herself! (Yeah I helped her there too, I'm a soft touch. She has a full bladder you think I'm going to make her wait for an Assisted Living Nurse to get there?)

Sometimes also people just need someone to listen to them. All I can do is listen so I listen. :)

Maybe I should start doing volunteer work. :) Feels good. I'll bitch about it, but hey it feels good to help people. :) But I'll maintain boundries. I'm not a doormat.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Custard Trout at 11:53AM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
My internets continues to work only to the degree that I can only use it for complaining about how my internets are broken.

Also I am fucking sick of the fact that when I actually try to get some work done, everything goes wrong. First I get the wrong type of camera altogether, and now Stop Motion Pro won't recognise the new one. It's a fucking nightmare, so now I've got finish filming this whole thing in a fucking week, instead of the fortnight which wasn't actually enough either.

Fuck fuck fuck arse shit wank bollocks.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
skoolmunkee at 2:05PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
I hate when I click on a comic thumbnail that looks really great, and then the comic itself is all crummy looking. If you have a drawing good enough to use for the thumbnail, why aren't you putting that ability into the rest of your pages? Because let me tell you, I'm getting tired of clicking on something that looks promising and then ending up on a comic that's just some half-ass “I did this in an hour” manga style.

Also, what the hell, winter? What makes you think I like having the sun set before 4pm? I have work to do dammit and the dark makes me tired. You do this EVERY YEAR. One day I'm going to get fed up with this and leave you.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
PIT_FACE at 2:17PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
i know whatcha mean, Munkee…it's one of my biggest pet peeves with regular comics too. my favorite artist is the WORLD is Simon Bisley, but sometimes he just does comic covers instead of whole issues. and even if the art inside isnt bad, ill be a little disapointed becuase it isnt his.
i know it's not the SAME point. you're talking about DD comic covers that're alluring and then you click it and find out it's a piece of crap while i'm just upset it's not my favorite guy working on the inside. but either way, it's just disapointing when you pick something up and the cover doesnt reflect what you EXPECT to find inside. afterall, the cover is what usually causes you to pick something up you've never seen before.
the comic industry donsnt really get along with “ dont judge a book by it's cover.”
we're not the novel industry, our covers, companies, and artists speak a LOT for what we're trying to sell. that's why i dont like comic stores that dont let you look at what you're trying to buy. you know, the ones that dont let you take the comic out of the covers while you're shoppin around. they ussually loose my business right away unless i find a comic i've really been confident on. while other stores, i'll probably spend 20-40 bucks becuase i cant look at what i'm gonna be following!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Skullbie at 2:29PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
PIT_FACE
cover doesnt reflect what you EXPECT to find inside.

While I totally agree think of the other sides POV; their comic is lined up next to possibly 50 or so more comics with nice flashy covers. Most print comics don't spend forever on inside art taking years to polish it- most often they get paid to pump out 20-30 pages a month of art that's not gonna be their best.

The creators got to make the money back too, so why not have a better artist spend time on an attention-catching cover? :P

But I do know what you're saying, The first time I picked up ‘Y:the last man’ i had on orgasm from the cover art. Looked inside and went ‘huh?!’
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Scheiden at 4:26PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
@Skullbie. Most western comics are like that.

Personally, I liked Y the last man. It reminded me of the Watchmen for a very strange reason.

Okay. Rant mode.

My head's spinning and I still have tons of schoolwork to do tomorrow. My girlfriend's a pain in the ass sometimes. Must avoid getting angry at her or else she'll cry again. Must draw. Must draw! FUCKKKK

I hate my life. ;_; -goes emo-
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
bravo1102 at 5:53PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
Covers are a hook to get you and hopefully reel you in. But here? Here getting to the meat of the story is so much easier, click the mouse. There's no Comic Book Guy telling you to stop reading and buy it.

I guess that's why I've avoided doing a homepage, the last page posted is the one you see, so it better be worth a bucket of warm spit. Think about it, does a great cover get you repeat readers when the inside is so inferior to the cover? Next time you see that flashy cover you're probably not going to open the comic/book etc because the last time you were so disappointed by what you found inside.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
seventy2 at 6:06PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
i dont know why, but all my cables are crapping themselves this week, from my 50 ft. coax, to my 6 ft, cat5 etherneet cable. 4 cables in total.

also, i found free stuff on the xbl download…and i was happy…

also, i havent moved a darn thing out of the old apartment this week. crap, i only have till next week.

suddenly i'm into wheetus, and teenage dirtbag…also i'm going bowl drinking…(bowling combined with drinking…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Dan at 8:27PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
I hate when I click on a comic thumbnail that looks really great, and then the comic itself is all crummy looking. If you have a drawing good enough to use for the thumbnail, why aren't you putting that ability into the rest of your pages?
Oh God yes, I'm not the only person around! I mean, colored portion of grayscale comic is fine, but when such thumbnails lead to lackluster daily strips, then there's something wrong with the said comic already.

But what annoys me more is when they use someone else's art (ie cover arts for video games) as a thumbnail. But I guess they're more easily distinguishable.

Anyways, I feel like making some comic. Too bad I have to go to sleep.

Darn you sleepiness. Once again you have foiled my plans!
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Skullbie at 11:17PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
'Gecko' or ‘Black Buffalo’… can't decide which to use for my new comic. I'm pretty anal retentive when it comes to naming characters, pets, etc. It's gotta ‘fit’ and be fun to say.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Arashi_san at 12:27AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
seventy2
suddenly i'm into wheetus, and teenage dirtbag
Silly Seventy2. You're about eight years late. :P

I had a big lunch and a little dinner not long afterwards. I'm feelin' like a pregenant mama pumped full of babies and food.
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
JoeL_CQB at 1:01AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
so i'm somewhat lactose intolerant, instead of my stomach going “I hate you!” I get gas for like hours, and I burp and fart it out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Ozoneocean at 2:13AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
JoeL_CQB
so i'm somewhat lactose intolerant, instead of my stomach going “I hate you!” I get gas for like hours, and I burp and fart it out.
Hence the avi pic of you wearing a gas mask and attempting to drink a glass of milk?

It's all so clear to me now! lol!

————

Somewhat down and depressed with things… in a Rut.
Ironscarfs Ghost at 5:35AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
'Gecko' or ‘Black Buffalo’…

If you have a character that could fit either of those, it's going on my favourites.

Personally I'd choose Black Buffalo: you've got alliteration and other cool stuff.
Gecko's kind of suck.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
HippieVan at 10:58AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
I wish my mom wouldn't act like a child all the time. She's mad at my older sister and refuses to talk to her, so I've ended up having to make all the Christmas arrangements with my sister. My parents never let me just be a kid. Argh.
Bittenbymonk at 11:24AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
A headache hit me at about noon, and it still hasn't gone away.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 12:52PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
Bittenbymonk

I would hit it back, if I were you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
HippieVan at 1:29PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
Bittenbymonk

I wonder why. ;)
seventy2 at 2:50PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
as if all my other computer problems this week weren't bad enough, now i can't network my house, and my laptop harddrive sounds like it's about to physically die.

i hope it doesnt die in the next two hours, since the sound started, i've gotten worried. so about 5 minutes ago, i started transfering my entire C drive onto an external drive. hey it just dropped to an hour and 20 minutes. sweet. anyways, i just can't wait for the next crappy thing to hit me. also, i was going to copy my C drive anyways, because since i downloaded Firefox a month ago, i haven't been able to install anything on my computer, from disc or from the internet. so i'm going to reload windows.

at least my html learnings are coming around quickly. next up is javascript. and maybe some java.

yay, it jumped down to 50 minutes.
facara
Ozoneocean at 2:59PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
hahahaha! Been there. It's usually best just to copy the important stuff, copying the whole lot takes too long and isn't needed.
seventy2 at 4:13PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
crap nuts. i just realized i have a stupid piece of important software on here, that i'm only allowed to install on 2 computers, and if i reload windows, then it'll count this as the third computer, and not allow me to do that. i'm boned. screw it, i'm reloadin windows. curse you firefox.
——-

one sad joke after another.

i can't find my backup disc for this labtop, the random windows vista install disc i do have, i can't find the key for. and to top it all off, i need to register 2 of my vehicles, 2 months ago, in a different state. you can do it online, but it's closed for now.

i'm seriously just going to go cry on the couch….this week has got me so freaking pissed off.
facara
Ironscarfs Ghost at 7:00PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
I'll never live this down:

Had a little lock-in last night with Bittenbymonk, Hippie Van and Seventy2. Seventy2 prevailed, Hippie Van derailed and whilst Bittenbymonk maintained his usual air of urbane sophistication despite drinking copious quantities of Jack Daniels, I called Belgian detective Hercule Poirot a Frenchman.

I should know better than to mix the grape and the grain.:dizzy:
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Ozoneocean at 7:02PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
:)
Seriously seventy2, I like reading your posts here more and more. They make me feel so much better about my day.

Thanks for that man ^__^
seventy2 at 7:23PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
thanks i guess.

—–

well i found the key for the spare vista we have lying around (it was actually purchased, dont download OS's unless it's linux or the likes) and installed it, everything on the screen is really tiny, but i can live with it, since things actually download now.

went to wal-mart to buy food for tomorrow…..bought lan cable hairbrush, key ring…..forgot the food.

i'm still a little peeved, but it's wearing off now that badthings aren't happening every two seconds….
facara
HippieVan at 8:09PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
So I was really happy with how much I've gotten done this weekend…I didn't quite finish the second art project I need to have in, but I think my art teacher will understand because I included way more detail than I think any of the other students did.
But then I just remembered that I was supposed to have Geo homework done for tomorrow and didn't bring home my textbook. That makes me feel pretty terrible because it's a totally slack class, especially considering it's IB, and I should definitely be able to do the little homework he gives us.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon