Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:20PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
For my birthday I got a tablet. A Wacom Bamboo. That an okay one? I hope.

Good day, today is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 6:16PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master
For my birthday I got a tablet. A Wacom Bamboo. That an okay one? I hope.

That's the same one I have!

I haven't used it much yet, but since I decided to do all my “coloring” (grayscale, hence why it's in quotes, haha) digitally from now on. I'll be able to use it more!

But with what I've done with it, it's pretty amazing. Especially since my last tablet was just a big off-name brand one that barely worked .___.

Speaking of which, I need to get this short comic done. So I can work on my main comic. So then I can use my tablet. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Lonnehart at 9:07PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
You know those feelings of doom I had earlier? Well…

On the way to my vehicle inspection, I noticed my brakes getting all mushy and weak. I had to stop in front of a furniture store and check my car. I could smell hot brake fluid near my rear wheels and figured out what happened… I had overtightened one of the handbrake cables. The result was the same thing that would happen if you went at full speed without putting down your handbrake… brake fluid heating up and loss of hydraulic pressure, resulting in NO BRAKES!!! I took off the wheel, let the thing cool down, then loosened it a bit. Passed my vehicle inspection with flying colors an hour later. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:44PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(offline)
Help with tablet? I'm using photoshop and it's hard to do…since I have no clue.
seventy2 at 6:20PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
nervous. in just 13 hours i'll take my official test….in 15 hours, i'll have the results…

facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ozoneocean at 7:39PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
r3v3rend
On most high def tvs this feature is called “Motion Plus.” You can usually turn this off in your tv settings.

All depends on what tv brand you have.
Samsung TV.
I turned off all the noise reduction, motion plus, dynamic contrast etc.
It worked :)
Hellboy went from looking boring to looking great. Thanks :)

PIT_FACE
before there's a problem, it can be a really anxious time. but it's life, as much as i dont mean to trivialize things by saying that, shit WILL happen. you just gotta hold onto the wheel for dear fuckin life and you'll come out better for it.
Pit Face is the sage of DD
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
ramlama at 8:58PM, Jan. 28, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
well if something's going to happen, it will, if it wont, it wont. thre's no way of knowing right now. it is easy to underestimate yourself when you're scared though,remember, yer not as frail as ya might think ya are.
Unless, of course, you are as frail as ya think ya are. PTSD is a bitch.

I've been doing pretty good for the past few months- the first year, had flashbacks/episodes on a nearly nightly basis. Nowadays I can't remember the last time I had an acute episode. Things have been stressful lately, though, and it's been tugging at my mind.

It also recently snuck out during a conversation with a cute gal that I had a history with psychosis. Part of me wants to double back and explain everything. The other part of me figures that she and I have been having good conversations on a daily basis, and I pretty reliably prove myself to be one of the more astute, insightful and responsible members of the folks we hang out with. I figure we all have a lot of sides to us, and I'd rather have both my good and bad sides be self-evident rather than go out of my way to focus on my challenges out of the fear that she'd misunderstand them.

Still. Lame.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
skoolmunkee at 8:15AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
I am at the end of a second long week (with one more long week ahead) and now I am at home and I am going to have a NAP. Then I am going to get up and go out and get indian food to gobble up.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:48AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
I am at the end of a second long week (with one more long week ahead) and now I am at home and I am going to have a NAP. Then I am going to get up and go out and get indian food to gobble up.
I can't do o but that sounds nice. :'(
seventy2 at 11:00AM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
9:34
10:01

Except for the swim time, all of these are personal bests…
facara
PIT_FACE at 8:04PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
r3v3rend
On most high def tvs this feature is called “Motion Plus.” You can usually turn this off in your tv settings.

All depends on what tv brand you have.
Samsung TV.
I turned off all the noise reduction, motion plus, dynamic contrast etc.
It worked :)
Hellboy went from looking boring to looking great. Thanks :)

PIT_FACE
before there's a problem, it can be a really anxious time. but it's life, as much as i dont mean to trivialize things by saying that, shit WILL happen. you just gotta hold onto the wheel for dear fuckin life and you'll come out better for it.
Pit Face is the sage of DD

well now that im officially the sage of dd, i would like to be paid in chicken heads and Judge Dredd comics.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Queen Simia at 8:50PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Help with tablet? I'm using photoshop and it's hard to do…since I have no clue.

Practice, and lots of it. Doodle with it, practice making marks and painting with it, that sort of thing. I've always found Photoshop to be overly sensitive to tablet input myself, and prefer drawing in Painter or openCanvas, if I have to draw digitally for whatever odd reason.

I use mine primarily for painting, though… I still can't get over that weird disconnect that happens when your hand and your drawing aren't on the same surface.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Ozoneocean at 9:44PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
The automatic update issue is a PAIN >:\
This %(*&^%$ing site is STILL set two %*&^%ing hours behind what it should be. If this isn't fixed by now there's nothing that can be done for two days because it's the *&^*ing weekend.

FUCK!

–edit–
Auto updates as of this moment seem to have the right date and appear to stay being listed as updated Weather it stays listed as updated for the 24 hour cycle remains to be seen.

Many old posted comics still have the wrong date on them- one day behind…. Will have to wait till the end of the weekend to see if that can be fixed.
AQua_ng at 4:40AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
The automatic update issue is a PAIN >:\
This %(*&^%$ing site is STILL set two %*&^%ing hours behind what it should be. If this isn't fixed by now there's nothing that can be done for two days because it's the *&^*ing weekend.

FUCK!

–edit–
Auto updates as of this moment seem to have the right date and appear to stay being listed as updated Weather it stays listed as updated for the 24 hour cycle remains to be seen.

Many old posted comics still have the wrong date on them- one day behind…. Will have to wait till the end of the weekend to see if that can be fixed.

Exams are finally over. After months of all nighters, frustration and arduous studying, I can relax at last. I'm at that stage where I don't really care about how well I did and I'm just glad I don't have to sit anymore exams for a few months.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Aurora Borealis at 7:16AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
My grandma died today. I had this feeling throughout 2009 that someone will die (since both my parents died ten and twenty years ago) and yet the synchronicity struck again in a different way.

See, I was fearing for the year, not for the period of time. Dad died September 1989, mom died November 1999… that gives 10 years and two months apart, and again it's 10 years and two months for it is January 2010.
What's even creepier is that I wrote a death of the main character's grandmother in the script that I finished January 1st, 30 days ago (exactly as many pages the script has).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Sea_Cow at 8:15AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
Aurora Borealis
My grandma died today. I had this feeling throughout 2009 that someone will die (since both my parents died ten and twenty years ago) and yet the synchronicity struck again in a different way.

See, I was fearing for the year, not for the period of time. Dad died September 1989, mom died November 1999… that gives 10 years and two months apart, and again it's 10 years and two months for it is January 2010.
What's even creepier is that I wrote a death of the main character's grandmother in the script that I finished January 1st, 30 days ago (exactly as many pages the script has).

That's some eerie shit. Also, you write scripts?
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Aurora Borealis at 11:53AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
Sea_Cow
Also, you write scripts?
Yes, planning to start drawing them soon, I just seem to have came down with “fear of the empty page” fever this month.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
PIT_FACE at 12:16PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
Aurora, im sorry to hear about yer loss,man.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
ramlama at 4:31PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
Aurora Borealis
It's always unnerving when that happens. I had something similar happen in the month or so prior to my life totally falling apart. I was sitting and working on a page, as per normal (in this case, it used me and my friends as the main characters). My girlfriend at the time calls me up with news I won't go into here. After the call finished, kept thinking myself “but that's impossible…”

I went back to work as an escape mechanism. Looking back down at the panel I'd just been penciling, I realized it said “In this world, Ram, anything is possible.”

Aurora Borealis
Condolences on the loss. Death is lame. Take the time you need. I tried to just bury that stuff when I went through it and I dun' recommend the strategy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
gullas at 5:24PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
*yawn* sleep? Sleep is only for mortal- zzzzzz
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
skoolmunkee at 6:14PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
Mass Effect 2 has me literally giggling with delight. I am a huge nerd but this game is seriously delivering. Especially on the Garrus fronts. :kitty: <3 Garrus
IT'S OLD BATMAN
seventy2 at 8:38PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
how long has it been since ive been this drunk?
facara
elektro at 9:02PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
PIT_FACE
well now that im officially the sage of dd, i would like to be paid in chicken heads and Judge Dredd comics.

Well, I hope you'll be satisfied if we pay you in beer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Lonnehart at 11:14PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Mass Effect 2 has me literally giggling with delight. I am a huge nerd but this game is seriously delivering. Especially on the Garrus fronts. :kitty: <3 Garrus

Wow… lot of girls like Garrus, and when I visited the ME forums a lot of guys were pining for Tali… despite the fact that she's only got one less finger on her hands. Not sure why the game needs so many romance options unless they move the story forward in some way…

I haven't got the game yet myself (finance constraints at the moment as well as Forza Motorsport 3) but I will get it eventually. :)

Too bad Ash can't join you in this one… not that she can join my game since she died there…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
skoolmunkee at 1:40AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
Lonnehart
Wow… lot of girls like Garrus Not sure why the game needs so many romance options unless they move the story forward in some way…

Garrus is awesome, that's why. I don't care that he's a half-lizard turtleface alien with claws and scars and beady eyes, he's got the most interesting character and I will romance him *shakes fist*

I think there's so many romance options because there weren't many in ME1, and people were disappointed. Just trying to make everyone happy. :]

I'm hoping I get to run into Wrex and them too, I'm intentionally avoiding ME2 info so I can be surprised. but there have been a number of small ‘callbacks’ to how I did things in ME1 so I think hearing from most of the original characters is probable.

Anyway I can't play today until I get my housework done, and some work-work things, and do a feature, and walk the dog, and… Garrus will wait til afternoon for me though.

One more busy week of work, then hopfully back to a more comfortable schedule.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
gullas at 3:25AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
Since you entered the duck! BWHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH ha…ha…ha.. come on you guys :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Ozoneocean at 4:08AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(online)
“Skool and Garus
stiing in the tree
K-I-S-S
I-N-G!
First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes the baby in the baby carriage!”
gullas
seventy2
Since you entered the duck! BWHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH ha…ha…ha.. come on you guys :(
Don't you have to be extremely drunk if you attempt to enter a duck?

——————-
Baaaw, I miss all the DDers of days gone by…
Arishi and his unsmiling posey self pics.
Stain and his uncomfortably bizarre personality.
Bravo and his alternately self-deprecating/condescending posts about things.
Hyena_H_ll and her strange ways and good taste in outfits.
Katch and her charming self referential stuff.
Aurora Moon and her slightly kinky, yet forthright honest ways.
Spang and his interesting point of view/gruff responses.
Black Kitty and her gentle personality
Ironscarf and his clever caustic quips…

…and the list goes on and on and on… That's the trouble with being so central on one main forum like this- you get to know and like the regulars and just expect them to always be there, but people come and go from websites and forums and things and move on to new interests at the time, and there are very few core people that ever constantly just stick around at one thing. It's the way of the web

Damn you people and your transient ways! You wonderful web-gypsies you! :P
Ironscarf at 5:08AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
Ozoneocean
Baaaw, I miss all the DDers of days gone by…
Arishi and his unsmiling posey self pics.
Stain and his uncomfortably bizarre personality.
Bravo and his alternately self-deprecating/condescending posts about things.
Hyena_H_ll and her strange ways and good taste in outfits.
Katch and her charming self referential stuff.
Aurora Moon and her slightly kinky, yet forthright honest ways.
Spang and his interesting point of view/gruff responses.
Black Kitty and her gentle personality
Ironscarf and his clever caustic quips…

Hey, I'm only sleeping: at least check a guy's stopped breathing before you throw him in the ground!

What a great full moon we had over the past couple of nights: I love a good full moon and all the sinister creatures that come with it. Even Tony Blair put in an appearance on Friday, bathing in human blood before our very eyes. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…..
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
parkbenchbook at 6:32AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
I just wanted to appear underneath the Emily England banner.

….Here I am. Hi.

Edit—–

I end up on a new page?! What the…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:05AM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
I have proved to my friends that I am not gay. I danced with 4 girls at the dance last night at a school dance. Now only if I can prove I'm not bi…
I'm out of the Battle of the Bands cause I haven't had time to practice with “caberet” rehearsal. By the way, the show's on Saturday. :). Wish me luck!

To parkbench book- Ha-first is the worst and second is the best.

No one is looking at my book review. :(. I'll have another out tomorrow…more than likely?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon