Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
ramlama at 10:35PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
Hipie Van
Also, did the site freeze do what it was meant to this time?

I you mean did it force us to get on with our empty, meaningless lives, the answer is yes, briefly.

I am now officially digital: picked up a pencil today and was looking for the button on the side. :O
I always find myself trying to press ctrl+z or shuffle layers in my paper sketchbook. I think the worst is when I immediately think about resizing or nudging elements to get the composition right. Paper… so laaaaame :-p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Ozoneocean at 10:53PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(online)
ramlama
I always find myself trying to press ctrl+z or shuffle layers in my paper sketchbook. I think the worst is when I immediately think about resizing or nudging elements to get the composition right. Paper… so laaaaame :-p
Yup! :(
horque
What the heck happened with the most recent freeze? All my strips seem to have the wrong go live date on them now! Tomorrow's strip, normally not up until mid-afternoon Wednesday Australian time, it up already on Tuesday morning Australian time!
Bugs happen during updates, the programmer is working to eliminate them as they're discovered. I've reported this one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
AQua_ng at 11:48PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(offline)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom comes out this Friday, and my funds are running dangerously low. Looks like I'm not going to have lunch this week…

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
roastytoasty at 12:43AM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
Today I was reading an article about Zhangjiajie (in the southern Hunan province of China). As a tribute to the movie “Avatar” they have renamed one of their mountains “Avatar Hallelujah Mountain.” Up until the release of Avatar, Zhangjiajie had been burdened with calling it “The Southern Sky Column.”

Of course, later this year when “Avatar the Last Airbender” comes out, they’ll have to name it back to “The Southern Sky Column” to keep in line with the many mountains that are scheduled to make an appearance througout the movie.

I heard on the underground grapevine that K2 is currently in similar negotiations with an undisclosed lubricant supplier to cross promote product. You didn’t hear that from me though…

http://www.roastytoasty.com

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
Lonnehart at 12:55AM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
AQua_ng
Tatsunoko vs Capcom comes out this Friday, and my funds are running dangerously low. Looks like I'm not going to have lunch this week…

I know the feeling, but better to eat now and survive ‘til the next chance to get it, right? :)

Or is it that you won’t have a GOOD lunch this week?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
skoolmunkee at 2:12PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
Yes, the site freeze did what it was supposed to (move the active DD site onto the server where the store was being developed… I think that's what it was doing)

There are still some random bugs popping up, so let us know if something isn't working right. :]

I Am The 1337 Master
IT was obviously a made for TV 90's movie. The spider part sucked. BIG TIME. A few scenes were okay but Pet Sematary was a better movie and it was older! UGH.
Yeah, IT dated badly (same with the Stand, even though I love Gary Sinise). Though Tim Curry did a hell of a job in that movie, instilling a fear of clowns into an entire generation. Pet Sematary is my favorite Stephen King movie… I like Shawshank Redemption more, but it's not very Stephen King-y, you know? SK has a reputation for bad movies, but there have been lots good ones in there. The Shining, Stand By Me, Misery, Green Mile, Running Man, Dolores Claiborne, The Mist… most of those made by Castle Rock. Just the old ones and made-for-TV ones tend to be terrible. Also Dreamcatchers, that one was terrible too.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
lba at 2:17PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
AQua_ng

Wait. does this mean stuff like kickass Speed Racer vs. Commando action here?

If it does, I am SO going to be putting that on my list of games to buy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:45PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Yeah, IT dated badly (same with the Stand, even though I love Gary Sinise). Though Tim Curry did a hell of a job in that movie, instilling a fear of clowns into an entire generation. Pet Sematary is my favorite Stephen King movie… I like Shawshank Redemption more, but it's not very Stephen King-y, you know? SK has a reputation for bad movies, but there have been lots good ones in there. The Shining, Stand By Me, Misery, Green Mile, Running Man, Dolores Claiborne, The Mist… most of those made by Castle Rock. Just the old ones and made-for-TV ones tend to be terrible. Also Dreamcatchers, that one was terrible too.
I liked Curry too. Every now and then I didn't but yeah.
I really have only read about 10 books (they take a long time and I don't have much time. also, I only got into King a year ago…) and seen only three movies (The Green Mile, IT, and Pet Sematary). :D. I still love him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
skoolmunkee at 3:59PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
I do love Stephen King, most of his books are enjoyable in some way or another. I'm not sure that I can ever forgive him for what the Dark Tower series turned into over the last 3 books though.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:21PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
I do love Stephen King, most of his books are enjoyable in some way or another. I'm not sure that I can ever forgive him for what the Dark Tower series turned into over the last 3 books though.
Oh there's another one. I read almost all of the Gunslinger. Did he ruin it? :(
Well in my opinion those weren't horror, they were pure fantasy.
Another one I read was Gerald's Game. Creepy-ass book. And I've always hated the song “The Joker”.

Dreamcatcher's intro didn't appeal to me and neither did the plot BUT SSDD is possibly the second best phrase he's EVER used (“He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts” is the best )
seventy2 at 5:09PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
one can only hope…..le sigh.

i just got back from the hospital. my wife pulled some muscles in her back. doc said it was weak. i know why. cause she never does anything outside her job. and yes i realize how hard it is to do stuff outside work. motivation is definatly on the downside of the job. but i've warned her.

oh well.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
ParkerFarker at 5:21PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
Well I'm pleased to announce my comic, Stain on The Nation will be returning. I haven't updated her in awhile but that will soon change.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 6:01PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(offline)
So. I definitely just came up with MY style for drawing people, that isn't anime/manga.
And it looks awesome.

Too bad I don't really have many humans to draw ;___;

Stupid Ryu's Krew…and it's lack of people…
Good news is, uh…I finished penciling the short comic I was working on! Of course, it was Ryu's Krew related, but still. It clocked in at about 16 pages. Although the story itself and stuff is probably kind of bad (because I didn't really develop it) it was mostly used as practice for heavier blacks. Which I'm now partially better at. At least, confident enough to use them in the main comic.

So now the idea is, to improve my anatomy, build upon my human style, work at my writing, and story boarding!
Lots of stuff!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
seventy2 at 6:22PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
OMGAWDS GAIS!@@ IT'S RYU!

holy crap. have you been here the whole time, just not posting in general? cause i really don't go anywhere else.
facara
Ozoneocean at 2:08AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Welcome back Ryuthehedgewolf :)

Nice action comic ParkerFarker!

————–

So I finally watched the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy movie, after all this time… I really didn't expect it to be as weak as it was.
I'll write a little review in the media forum.I don't care if it came out 3 or 4 years ago. >:[

-One other thing-
Unfortunately my new TV makes everything look ultra-clear, crisp and sharp so it's super obvious every-time the environment of a shot changes; artificial lighting, model composite shots, green screen digital protection, location Vs studio composite scenes, studio lighting changes, artificial lighting changes on location, whatever- making films not hang together very well as a constant narrative.
…I'm trying to find a way to blur it all or something. -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
skoolmunkee at 2:29AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master
Oh there's another one. I read almost all of the Gunslinger. Did he ruin it? :(
The first 4 books are one of my favorite series ever. Starting in book 5 though, things start going downhill fast and a lot of stupid, crazy things start happening, and a lot of the plot starts getting dumped aside. They end up fighting guys who look like Dr Doom who throw exploding Harry Potter snitches, etc. Then Stepehn King starts writing himself in as a character who the book characters visit and have arguments with. The Crimson King fight at the end is an enormous letdown involving a magical solution King pulls out of one of his old books. Best stop at Wizard and Glass. You'll probably read on out of curiosity, but don't expect anything very good. There are one or two things I liked, and the very actual ending and what happens to some of the characters and why starts to bring the book back around, but too much damage was done.

Right. Time to put together that newspost.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
I Am The 1337 Master at 8:30AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
Dammit King!!! :(

Never knew Ryu cause apparantly I'm still new. Welcome back anyhow.

And oh yeah. It's ma birhtday!!!

:D!
r3v3rend at 9:46AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
-One other thing-
Unfortunately my new TV makes everything look ultra-clear, crisp and sharp so it's super obvious every-time the environment of a shot changes; artificial lighting, model composite shots, green screen digital protection, location Vs studio composite scenes, studio lighting changes, artificial lighting changes on location, whatever- making films not hang together very well as a constant narrative.
…I'm trying to find a way to blur it all or something. -_-

On most high def tvs this feature is called “Motion Plus.” You can usually turn this off in your tv settings.

All depends on what tv brand you have.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:21AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
OMGAWDS GAIS!@@ IT'S RYU!

holy crap. have you been here the whole time, just not posting in general? cause i really don't go anywhere else.

:D!
Nahh, I pretty much left for that whole time. Although I was checking up on here every once in a while. lol.

I just got really busy with school and all that.
Good news is, it payed off. I aced my World History exam. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my class to do that. :D

Thanks Ozone! And Thanks 1337 Master! Happy Birthday!

———————————-
Besides school, I've been working a bit to improve my art.
Not much success so far. Because all I've really managed to do in the time I've been gone is I'm getting better at using a lot more blacks in my inking. Like I used to just do it for dark areas, clothing, etc. But now I do it for shadows! :D And it looks pretty decent. I'm quite the happy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
seventy2 at 11:40AM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
while you were away, i recoverd from my injury, got really good at running and now:

I have my official PAST (the air force Physical Aptitude Stamina Test) on friday. my hamstrings are pretty stiff, but i'll do a couple miles today, to work them out. I'll pry stretch longer than i'll be running…and that bath tub will relax the rest….

(i'm nervous, i haven't felt nervousness like this since i wrestled in high school)
facara
Ironscarf at 12:45PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
Seventy2
i'm nervous, i haven't felt nervousness like this since i wrestled in high school

You and me both Seventy2, you and me both! *wonder what became of her…*

It's official - I'm adding a few more months to my career break - Captain Househusband rides again!
The bad news - I have to spend all day with the kids.:(
The good news - I get to spend all day with the kids!XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
lothar at 1:24PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy movie

so long
so long
so long
and thanks for all the fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the first 3 minutes is the only part worth watching again , and again
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
PIT_FACE at 2:21PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
for anyone out there who says “i've got freedom of speech, i'll do what i want!” and thinks it'll automatically give then some sort of barrier against any opposition, back the fuck up…so you think that's a magic ticket giving you the right to do whatever the hell you feel like? allright then, i'll take my “freedom” to counter you and let you know that i think you're full of shit. once you have ANY kind of freedom, it just means you need to be more responsable for your actions, not less. i suppose i'll stop my rant here, though i have other things i'd like to say, i dont have my thoughts straightened out enough for it. i was just reading a response to an article and it just gets on my nerves how people take stuff like that for face value, to use for their own benefit, without actually thinking about it because people get so fucking passionate about “freedom of speech” and stuff ilke that without actually realizing what it means.

even if there was no such thing as law and state, if you act irresponably, you will be subject to the judegement of those around you.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
PIT_FACE at 2:23PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
Well I'm pleased to announce my comic, Stain on The Nation will be returning. I haven't updated her in awhile but that will soon change.

good to hear man! i was wondering where it went!

Lonnehart at 2:39PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Wow… something feels… wrong… I can't put my finger on it. It's like a sense of impending doom or something… like something bad is going to happen. And unfortunately when I feel like this something bad usually happens (but not as bad as I usually think it is). Ugh… I couldn't even sleep as I've been feeling like this since yesterday…
gullas at 3:18PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(offline)
… is it just me or does Nesquik taste a bit different from, lets just say 10-12 years ago?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
PIT_FACE at 3:36PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart
Wow… something feels… wrong… I can't put my finger on it. It's like a sense of impending doom or something… like something bad is going to happen. And unfortunately when I feel like this something bad usually happens (but not as bad as I usually think it is). Ugh… I couldn't even sleep as I've been feeling like this since yesterday…

well if something's going to happen, it will, if it wont, it wont. thre's no way of knowing right now. it is easy to underestimate yourself when you're scared though,remember, yer not as frail as ya might think ya are.

HippieVan at 3:59PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
remember, yer not as frail as ya might think ya are.

You're very inspiring, Pit_face.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
PIT_FACE at 4:09PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Hippie Van
PIT_FACE
remember, yer not as frail as ya might think ya are.

You're very inspiring, Pit_face.
thanks! before i moved away, a friend of mine from Illinois did a tarrot reading for me and i'm not big into that kinda thing, but one of the things she told me was that i was better than i thought i was (which is saying something cuz i already have a pretty high opinion of myself :D.) but a little after i moved away, a big problem came up. now this problem had come up before and i didnt take it very well. but this time, instead of getting depressed and putting my life on pause, i reenrolled in school, joined the fire dept and made my life better. i dont know if that in particular was what my friend was talking about, but i looked back and realized she was right and i think it should be the same for alot of people.
before there's a problem, it can be a really anxious time. but it's life, as much as i dont mean to trivialize things by saying that, shit WILL happen. you just gotta hold onto the wheel for dear fuckin life and you'll come out better for it.

Lonnehart at 4:14PM, Jan. 27, 2010
(online)
Well, there's nothing I can do about my “feelings of doom” so I'll just do what I always do… carry on and deal with it when it comes to hit me like an Empire State Building's worth of bricks…. In other news…

Finally finished adjusting my handbrakes. Vehicle safety inspection coming up. Never thought it'd be easier than how I did it long ago. The adjustments being in the hub made it easy… no having to creep under my car (after it's properly jacked up and secure so it doesn't fall on me) with two #12 wrenches just to tighten the cable underneath. Now if only I could find a way to remove the water pump without having to remove the entire engine…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon