The Make A Friend Thread
WingNut at 11:52AM, March 18, 2007
(offline)
Hahahaha! Oh, I'm such a tramp. :)

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
ccs1989 at 12:10PM, March 18, 2007
(online)
Well, I'm a student trying to figure out if I want to go to art school or just a regular college. I'm a big fan of animation and comic books, and I basically spend all my money on those two things. My dream is to one day be a successful comic artist, working for a company that allows for full creator rights, such as Image Comics. However it would also be really cool to be an animator, and I'd like to learn how to do both 3D and 2D animation at some point. I'm not that discriminating with music, although I don't like rap that much. I've only heard one rap song I like and I don't even know what it's called.

Also I live on the East Coast, about an hour and a half away from NYC.

You can get a very generalized view of what I look like from my avatar. Just add a nose in there, and maybe some eyes behind the glasses. I'll have to post a picture up here some day.
My favorite fictional works are Berserk (manga), Invincible (comic book), Avatar: The Last Airbender, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, and Rurouni Kenshin. I was a big anime fan about 2 years ago, but these days I'll watch and read anything so long as it's good.

And I'm liberal.

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Custard Trout at 12:10PM, March 18, 2007
(offline)
I used to know a tramp, he threw a bottle at me. It hurt.

You're going to be throwing bottles are you?

Edit: After reading some of these, I thought mine was quite lacking, so I'll add some to it. Eventually.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Tantz_Aerine at 12:26PM, March 18, 2007
(online)
I'm friendly, too ;) Author mostly, and comic artist as a hobby. But most of you must know I'm all for new friends.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Jillers at 2:45PM, March 18, 2007
(offline)
If you can't figure out my real name, then that's just…. like needing instructions for how to leave a message on an answering machine.

22, female. I live in Staten Island (anyone hear of it, anyone? Nah, didn't think so).

I work at Toys R Us, and hate it there, and have every intention of quitting, and have had that intention since I started working there in august.

I'm a writer by virtue of the fact that I make sentences that collectively work together to tell the same story.
I'm also very sarcastic.
My current status is in pain because I have a crick in my neck because I don't have a bed.
I live at home with parents because I work at Toys R Us.

When I'm not home, or at work, I'm with my friends, cooking food, and role playing… or drinking. Sometimes both.

My favorite animal is the fox.

I am awesome… as my signature states.

I'm addicted to House, and Mythbusters, play video games as much as possible, and know so many show tunes that were I a mere mortal, my brain would leak out of my ears.
Luckily, I'm some sort of pan-dimensional super being.

..I also own 19 dragons. I'm amassing a small dragon army for he day the zombies come and kill us, or the clones try to take over our lives. I just hope they don't turn my dragons into zombies.. or clones… or ZOMBIE CLONES….

…awww man, I'm so doomed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
subcultured at 2:52PM, March 18, 2007
(online)
wow!
it's like i'm meeting you guys for the first time :)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Glarg at 4:25PM, March 18, 2007
(offline)
Jillers
If you can't figure out my real name, then that's just…. like needing instructions for how to leave a message on an answering machine.

22, female. I live in Staten Island (anyone hear of it, anyone? Nah, didn't think so).

I work at Toys R Us, and hate it there, and have every intention of quitting, and have had that intention since I started working there in august.

I'm a writer by virtue of the fact that I make sentences that collectively work together to tell the same story.
I'm also very sarcastic.
My current status is in pain because I have a crick in my neck because I don't have a bed.
I live at home with parents because I work at Toys R Us.

When I'm not home, or at work, I'm with my friends, cooking food, and role playing… or drinking. Sometimes both.

My favorite animal is the fox.

I am awesome… as my signature states.

I'm addicted to House, and Mythbusters, play video games as much as possible, and know so many show tunes that were I a mere mortal, my brain would leak out of my ears.
Luckily, I'm some sort of pan-dimensional super being.

..I also own 19 dragons. I'm amassing a small dragon army for he day the zombies come and kill us, or the clones try to take over our lives. I just hope they don't turn my dragons into zombies.. or clones… or ZOMBIE CLONES….

…awww man, I'm so doomed.

same age as me….check.

Female….check

Likes to drink….check

Has a television addiction….once more check.

Dragon fanatic….Check

Crappy dead end job you get paid practically nothing for….wow, right

Wow, I never thought id see so many things that resemble me o_o, YAY FRIEND IN COMMON! Nice to meet ya, names Stone! …..people call me Glarg >_>
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Jillers at 5:46PM, March 18, 2007
(offline)
How can I NOT be friends with someone who has Zoidberg as an avatar?! Hey Stone/Glarg.. Stlarg? Glone?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Priceman at 8:43AM, March 19, 2007
(online)
Hi, i'm Ryan. Married, 24 years old, from Atlanta, Georgia. I'm currently a full time soldier of the Air Force working as a network administrator. I'm in line to start taking classes to achieve a Bachlors in Illustration soon. I enjoy anime, drawing, comics, video games, and computers.

I currently live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (thank you Uncle Sam), after getting transfered from Anchorage, Alaska (yea, really thank you). Most of my free time is spent either drawing, drinking, or gaming. I'll add more later.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Glarg at 12:36PM, March 19, 2007
(offline)
Jillers
How can I NOT be friends with someone who has Zoidberg as an avatar?! Hey Stone/Glarg.. Stlarg? Glone?
Just call me Glarg ^-^

Yay I made a new friend! Now if you all don't mind im going to go get positivley hammered with Vodka and beer.
j giar at 1:05PM, March 19, 2007
(online)
I'm Jim Giar…and from what I can gather from all the other posts, I could quite possibly be the oldest codger here. I'm 44, married to one of the most wonderful woman in the world for almost 20 years, I've got 2 kids and a dog. I'm an artist, writer (if ya want to call it that.)and have my comic posted here at DD. I started doin' comics in the 90's, mostly pencil work…but did some inking and lettering on one title…All my work had been for smaller publishers. Got fed up and left the industry in 2000 and just recently, a little over a year ago, came back into it. I've hopes to publish my book by the end of the year..if not sooner. Health problems…umm other than hair loss, and I took care of that by shavin' my head 6 years ago, I got none. I lift weights, run and try and eat right..but we all have our moments. I write a monthly article at Independent Propaganda and..have a penchant for Horror, Action and Westerns….oh and I have the ability to teleport at any given mome*

“Sometimes to get to the bottom of something, you have to kill your way to the top.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
TheTopHat at 1:44PM, March 19, 2007
(offline)
Im Rachael or Wachael, Red, The Mistrese B, tophat. Depanded on who you talk to, one of many bad habits of mine is picking up wride names.

Im 19 from Manchester, England. Im currently at Uni doing a visul art dregree, im a very messy painter (my hands are current red and blue) though nothing of my illration get into my uni work, i might have to change that. I live in the acommidation there, with sucks.

Like all the poeple here i love comics (reading plastic Forks at the mo.) and have been meaning to do a comic for years but never got round to it, until know. Im into my rock music and have many the nights spent making a fool of myself on the dance floor. I read a lot and wright a little. Run and play RGP's the dress code is dose it come in black but into colours.

Into computer games but bad at them…

Bad speller. Were my hat so must poeple think i have no hair.
Wanted to be a evil genias when i grew up. sill do. They get the better theme songs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
subcultured at 1:50PM, March 19, 2007
(online)
woot! there are some people from england too in here like skoolmunkee
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
AQua_ng at 1:55PM, March 19, 2007
(offline)
More about me..because I'm tooo obsessive about my post count.

- Wishes to play the harmonica.
- Used to have an irrational fear of fire until last year.
- Tends to repeat himself
- Tends to repeat himself
- Studies Latin, Business Studies and IT AS (College level, I'm only 15), as well as the generic subjects.
- Plays badminton regularly.
- Gets nervous in his service.
- Improvises a lot.
- Has recently given a lot of his friends random names.
- Has tired eyes, despite sleeping for long peroids of time.
- Can moonwalk and do the robot.
- Is in an acapella tribute group, with ‘Charles in Charge’ as their most famous song.
- Is now eating grapes. Yummy.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Dan at 3:18PM, March 19, 2007
(online)

-Age of 14, male.
-Freshman in High School with all Honors classes.
-South Korean, living in Atlanta, Georgia.
-Can imitate evil witch laughter perfectly.
-Tend to repeat myself… but no as much as I used to back in 6-8th grades.
-Just took 6 minutes trying to come up with another trait.
-Currently have all A's except for Honors Biology.
-I claim that I'm from the 3rd Universe North Korea.
-Is not an anime freak but I still watch Black Lagoon on some occasions.
-Cannot draw a circle. It's always an oval. And you can always tell where the line started.
-Have a PlayStation 2.
-Worships Namco's Ace Combat and Klonoa series, SNK/SNK Playmore's Metal Slug series, and Treasure's Ikaruga.
-I find it impossible to spend a day with no sleep.
-I have four glasses: One that's 3-4 years old that survived a head-on basketball and dodgeball hits, One that's a transcript and burns my eyes, One that's brand new, not a transcript but doesn't hurt my eyes, and one where I fill it up with water and ice to drink.
-My right lung wants to dominate the world.
-My computer cannot run games higher than 800x600 resolution; especially FPS games.
-Both draw and sprite. But they seem to take an unnecessary amount of time.
-RAILGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
skoolmunkee at 10:26AM, March 20, 2007
(offline)
It's skoolmunkee True or False time!

T/F is 29
T/F lives in Birmingham, Alabama
T/F owns over 20 cats
T/F stole a bit of Egypt
T/F prefers line drying to dryer drying
T/F wags her tail in her sleep
T/F talks in her sleep
T/F doesn't have a driving license (this is a trick question!)
T/F used to be first grade best friends with a triplet and the friendship ended when she ran up and hugged the wrong one
T/F writes letters to her grandmother
T/F has a master's in Art and Design
T/F likes hydrangia… hydreangea… doesn't not like roses best
T/F doesn't like porous organic-looking holes, they give her the creeps
T/F will show you, will show you all
T/F likes to imagine she is best friends with Ira Glass from This American Life
T/F has like fifty comic ideas
T/F filled a book with letters to her crush and was cruelly abused upon presentation
T/F thinks Spain is magical
T/F hates non-apologies like ‘I’m sorry you got mad'
T/F favorite old-school Disney movie is Peter Pan

ok that's enough. T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
bongotezz at 2:42PM, March 20, 2007
(offline)
this is a cool thread but i only have 10 minutes left at work so i'll edit my post when i get home if i remember where i found this and if you can edit your posts. if i cant i'll make a new post :) i need a sig too :(

HAHA. you can edit it.
ok i'm male from the buffalo area in NY. i'm 33 i think. i'm bad at math and never keep track of my birthdays. i dont drink at all, dont smoke, dont use drugs. i work for a company that records and tracks AIDS treatment data. i support 250 domestic and international AIDS research labs and their databases of patient data. i love movies and superheroes and movies about superheroes. i play everquest 2 and make comics. other than that my life is pretty standard and boring. no wife no kids not a single luxury. like robinson… no wait that's gilligan's island. i like computers and i used to work in a computer repair shop. i like pepsi better than coke. i mail print outs of my comics back in the pre paid envelopes that are sent with credit card aplication junk mail. i run bscomics.com. my comics are also on that site with some others. ok i cant think of anything else.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Glarg at 4:34PM, March 20, 2007
(offline)

T is 29
F lives in Birmingham, Alabama
T owns over 20 cats
T stole a bit of Egypt
F prefers line drying to dryer drying
T wags her tail in her sleep
F talks in her sleep
F doesn't have a driving license (this is a trick question!)
T used to be first grade best friends with a triplet and the friendship ended when she ran up and hugged the wrong one
T writes letters to her grandmother
T has a master's in Art and Design
T likes hydrangia… hydreangea… doesn't not like roses best
F doesn't like porous organic-looking holes, they give her the creeps
T will show you, will show you all
T likes to imagine she is best friends with Ira Glass from This American Life
T has like fifty comic ideas
F filled a book with letters to her crush and was cruelly abused upon presentation
T thinks Spain is magical
T hates non-apologies like ‘I’m sorry you got mad'
T favorite old-school Disney movie is Peter Pan

How many did i get right? 8D
MMMelody at 8:37PM, March 20, 2007
(offline)
Name: Melody

horror movies
zombies
video games
manga
comic books
anything victorian
making things with my hands
RPG's (no dice using! and no LARP!)
reading
drawing everyday
my puppy
magic tricks
guys with glasses

Favorite movies:
Amelie
Alice in Wonderland
The Prestige
Pan's Labyrinth

Favorite TV shows:
Dexter
Heroes
Scrubs
The Office
Myth Busters
Project Runway
Ghost Hunters

Favorite books:
Alice in Wonderland
The Historian
The Poe Shadow
Shadow of the Wind
Silent Stalker
Battle Royale
Secret Garden

ahh, tons of useless info! hooray! ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
skoolmunkee at 2:27AM, March 21, 2007
(offline)
Glarg

Hm, 14 right, 5 wrong, and the trick question could probably count as right or wrong. :) Not bad!

IT'S OLD BATMAN
Glarg at 12:32PM, March 21, 2007
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Glarg

Hm, 14 right, 5 wrong, and the trick question could probably count as right or wrong. :) Not bad!

I know alot about every single member on drunkduck….i used to be an info carrier in a elite group of hackers but that was a long time ago…..hmm I didn't know your social security number started with a 5.
Ozoneocean at 12:37PM, March 21, 2007
(online)
Do you know what I'm thinking right this second?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Glarg at 12:42PM, March 21, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
Do you know what I'm thinking right this second?
Zombie orgy, and your kind of thirsty.
The mediocre one at 1:45PM, March 21, 2007
(offline)
Yay, friends!
I live in New England (Which, despite popular belief is NOT in Europe.) I'm in High School, and er… I'm on earth?
I'm a shy person, and I'm constantly paranoid about if I'm pissing people off or not, I like to sing, draw cartoon-ish stuff. I love to build things, robots, furniture, that stuff.
I love talking to people, though I am a bit of a recluse, when I get emberassed I tend to go into a hermit phase for a few days, it's kinda stupid, really.
Uh…I used to play WoW, USED TO Never want to again, game pissed me off after awhile. That and I sawy what I was becoming, and decided to get out while I still could.
Oh! And I'm going to a summer program this summer called “Frontiers” if anyone else is going, then please tell me.

So, yeah, if you can put up with me, I'd love to talk to y'all.

Oh, and as for Skool's driver's liscense thing I'm gonna bet she has a eprmit-type deal, so she has her liscense, but dosn't really.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
mechanical_lullaby at 1:54PM, March 21, 2007
(online)
I live at the Institute of Stuff.
I have prosthetic hair that used to come in streaks, but now it is only brown.
Some people think I'm a killing machine. This is falsehood. Occasionally I like to hug people.

some people also call me ridiculous. Which I am. Very.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
skoolmunkee at 10:41AM, March 22, 2007
(offline)
The mediocre one
Oh, and as for Skool's driver's liscense thing I'm gonna bet she has a eprmit-type deal, so she has her liscense, but dosn't really.

Actually I have a US license, an International Permit, and half a British license (theory is passed, need to pass practical)… I was ok to drive in England for a year under an international permit, but after 1 year a person magically becomes incapable of driving and has to get the full British license. Of course no one tells you that until it's too late for you to do it the easy way. Damn you England! >:[
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Alexis at 7:52PM, March 22, 2007
(offline)
Let's see.
Jobs: Server and bartender, sales associate at Hot Topic, and intern for Silent Devil, plus freelance work.
The bar jobs pays the bills.
I worked at Hot Topic through college, I'm pretty fed up with it now, but it's like a bad relationship. It's easier to stay than to quit.
I live in the downstairs apartment of a house with a roommate who is vastly more popular than I am. I couldn't stand moving back in with my parents after a graduated last May. I graduated with a BFA in art, but it is very hard to make a living in art. Kind of goes without saying.
I don't smoke, though I probably drink too much. I like to tell myself it's in the same way that Hemmingway or Poe drank to much. I suppose that remains to be seen. I am drinking a “Chocolate Russian” as we speak. That would be chocolate soy milk, vanilla vodka, and coffee liquor.
I'm not very social, though I am not unfriendly and I have friends. I don't like the phone much. I probably only get two or three phone calls a week. I have a mind like a steel trap for facts and trivia, but I don't remember names or faces, which can be problamatic. I haven't been on a proper date in about 6 months, I suppose, but that's assuming that a couple of things that turned out very badly don't count. I have terrible taste in men.
I watch a lot of Star Trek.
I studied photography in school and occasionally photograph rock bands for money.
I no longer date men in rock bands.
I read a lot of comic books.
I snap at people a lot.
I have some lingering injuries from a nasty skateboading accident.
I have a very short attention span.
I had a mohawk for years until I got really pissed a few months ago and shaved all my hair off.
If anyone should bother to ask I will freely tell them that I am a jerk and I have a terrible temper.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Ozoneocean at 11:55AM, March 23, 2007
(online)
You have ants? o_O Is that painful? I think you can get some sort of shampoo for it these days…
lol!

A bit more about me:
* I'm Australian.
* Quite left off centre.
* A straight male.
* Too skinny.
* have long, originally mousey blond hair that's going a brassy, light browny, reddy colour.
* Don't watch TV.
* Don't drive.
* Have a pointy nose.
* Have a lot of art qualifications.
* Have always liked SciFi and fantasy, but now I only read the more “classic” books in those genres.
* Love European cinema.
* Can make, fix, and build most things.
* Like to ride horses when I get the chance.
* Like to stay abreast of world events (news addict).
* Always very curious about what's behind… ie. the history that leads up to world events, where certain words originate etc.
* Collect hats.
* have two pets cats and several goldfish.
* Am a night person- I just get more done then and it's easier to sleep during the day in the light, against the background noise of daily life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
CorruptComics at 2:49PM, March 23, 2007
(online)
I'm Tom and I didn't know I had logged into eharmony.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
WingNut at 9:36AM, March 24, 2007
(offline)
*glomp!* There you are good buddy! :kitty:

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon