General Discussion

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013
ozoneocean at 5:53AM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Mexican coffee is much like American…
I've had plenty of Serbian, Turkish, and Persian, but those are all pretty similar. Some sweeter, some not.
I was very disappointed to learn that Turkish delight, Baklava, and sherbet are not the magical deserts in their countries of origin that they are here. :(
 
I still prefer my fantasy Arabian Nights view of the world.
 
But  I'd still like to visit the Arab world anyway just to see for myself. Turkey too… then maybe across the Black Sea to the Crimean peninsula, Sevastopol in the Ukraine to see Pinky's homeland. :)
 
last edited on April 8, 2013 5:56AM
Katch at 12:19PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
 
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

  

Whoo hoo! I just finished crocheting Katch's character Nu from her webcomic Nu and Me. And I finished before 1am, go me!
====
 
OHMYGOSH it's so cute! <3333
last edited on April 8, 2013 12:22PM
gullas at 3:43PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 2,308
joined: 11-14-2007
ah coffe, you magnificent black thing that makes my stomach hurt everytime I drink it, but I keep on drinking it becasue I've lied to myself that after this cup I'll quit….

Well I was not really honest, but well I get that effect from espresso's and pretty strong south american blends…
Katch at 4:13PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
I went to a Danish Bakery in town and got a cup of coffee to go along with a florentine cookie and a macaroon <3
Craving fixed. *shakes fist* 
Gunwallace at 5:07PM, April 8, 2013
(offline)
posts: 236
joined: 10-13-2010
My wife and I were given a home Coffee Roaster for xmas, and so now we roast our own beans. Currently we buy two seperate bean types, both organic shade-grown fair-trade Guatemalan varieties, and mix them together, whch gives this lovely complex, smooth espresso that is somehow better than either by themselves (yes, we have an espresso machine as well).  We discovered this by accident when we had only half a roast's worth of one of the beans types, and so just mixed it in with the other.   It's my job to make the first cup in the morning and inject into my wife so she can begin to function.  I think that may be the secret to our whole marriage.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Katch at 5:14PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
HAHA XD 
That's great~
ozoneocean at 9:29PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Gunwallace wrote:
 
My wife and I were given a home Coffee Roaster for xmas, and so now we roast our own beans.
      
Lucky bastard!
Gunwallace wrote:
 
Currently we buy two seperate bean types, both organic shade-grown fair-trade Guatemalan varieties, and mix them together, whch gives this lovely complex, smooth espresso that is somehow better than either by themselves (yes, we have an espresso machine as well).
      
Sounds delicious!
Gunwallace wrote:
 
We discovered this by accident when we had only half a roast's worth of one of the beans types, and so just mixed it in with the other.   It's my job to make the first cup in the morning and inject into my wife so she can begin to function.  I think that may be the secret to our whole marriage.
      
Sounds slightly dirty ^_^
 
Also: I AM THE QUOTE MASTER!
…opps, SKS.
 
last edited on April 8, 2013 9:32PM
Katch at 10:08PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
Special Ozone, very special XD
ozoneocean at 10:35PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Katch wrote: 
Special Ozone, very special XD
   
I know right?
Katch wrote: 
I will send you nudey pics now.
   
Thanks. I deserve that, since I'm the quotemaster and all ^___^
 
last edited on April 8, 2013 10:37PM
Katch at 10:45PM, April 8, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
You're dreaming up quotes now Ozone? You should consult your doctor about that~
XD
ozoneocean at 12:05AM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Katch wrote:  
You have fantastic hair!
XD
  So they tell me ^_^
 
QUOTEMAAAAAAASTER!
 
Lonnehart at 2:39AM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 2,477
joined: 3-16-2006
If Ozone keeps up with all the quotes, he might become like Soundwave from the current Transformers series “Prime”.  That guy comes off as creepy as he never speaks himself (he chooses not to) but instead uses quotes (from everyone around him) to communicate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWue1gQX684
ozoneocean at 6:40AM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
WHA! That sucks!
The original SOunwave had the COOLEST voice out of every single transformer in the real Transformers show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLcTtCrqwg
 
Genejoke at 8:25AM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 3,032
joined: 4-9-2010
Yep, G1 Soundwave was awesome.
Adjusting to living alone fairly well. Now just got to make some more comic pages…
Lonnehart at 11:42AM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 2,477
joined: 3-16-2006
Well, he did have a cool voice in G1.  But in Prime he's just being what he is… a spy.  He doesn't talk because he doesn't want to.  He may still have his original voice.  Heck.. Peter Welker did his G1 voice (and he also did Megatron's voice back then as he does now with Prime's Megatron), so it's possible that Soundwave may talk later during the current season (which is the final season).
Oh…  and nobody messes with this silent communications officer.  A lesson a certain sadistic spider ladybot learned the hard way…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx4rI6ilMsY
last edited on April 9, 2013 11:44AM
Kitty Baker at 7:48PM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 6
joined: 3-19-2013
Just got a bamboo splash. here's my first attempt at digital art.


Manga Studio 5
Has anyone used this program and how do you like it? I'm having a hell of a time finding an artist and figured with a program like this ‘oh I of little talent’ could illuistrate my own. I juuuuust need to know if the program is all I hope and dream and require and desire. Any thoughts?
HippieVan at 7:54PM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 2,363
joined: 3-15-2008
I've only recently started drinking coffee. I never used to because more than a little caffeine would make me anxious, but since I learned to deal with panic attacks pretty well I've discovered how useful it is. The only downside is that I still think it all tastes horrible, so I've been relying on sugary, milky coffee drinks.
 
And on the topic of caffeine, what is it about studying that is so tiring? I've been studying for my Russian History exam all day today and all I want is sleep right now. It's only 9:45.
 

 
Animals are so weird. I put an old sheet on the floor of my room because Juliet(my female rabbit) really loves to play in cloths and fabrics, and it has totally changed the dynamic of my bedroom. Her and Annie(one of my cats) mostly leave each other alone and have divided the room, with Annie hanging out near one wall, Julie near the other, and a sort of no-man's-land in the middle. Now both want to spend time on the sheet in the middle, and have been crossing over into each other's spaces a bit and chasing each other and so on. Fortunately it's been more playful than agressive so far, at least as far as I can tell.
I also can't walk across my room now without Juliet headbutting my legs. I can't tell if they're “Pay attention to me!” headbutts or “Get off my sheet!” headbutts.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
Lonnehart at 8:02PM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 2,477
joined: 3-16-2006
Hippie Van wrote:
I also can't walk across my room now without Juliet headbutting my legs. I can't tell if they're “Pay attention to me!” headbutts or “Get off my sheet!” headbutts.
 
I'll take a guess… if she's running at you straight like a mother wild pig protecing her piglet, then she wants you off the sheet.  :)
 

Gotta love Animal Planet.  They always seem to show the worst side of humanity.  Like that one animal rescue show where they rescued two horses.  A bit too late because they watched their friend killed and butchered by two men (they were selling the horsemeat).  I doubt the two horses will ever totally recover from trauma like that.  :(

Thanks to my switching to Google Chrome I've found and started playing Battlestar Galactica.  It's amazing that the game runs well… in the Chrome browser.  I'm curious if it'll run on an android tablet (or whichever OS they run that allows them to use Chrome).

And now I'm tempted to advertise my Facebook page even though only “Friends” can see it and all it has is screenshots from Star Trek Online….
last edited on April 9, 2013 8:06PM
ozoneocean at 9:18PM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Kitty Baker wrote:
Just got a bamboo splash. here's my first attempt at digital art.
 
Pretty great job!!!!
 
—–
 
@Hippie- It maaaaay be down to sugar…? Brains need a crapload of simple energy from sugars. Maybe if you've got some sweet juice or something, apricot nectar?
 
Katch at 11:32PM, April 9, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
I hate it when you're SO tired but for some reason you can't fall asleep. I barely got any sleep before i had to go to school today. Imagine a zombie mixed with Godzilla, that's essentially where I was .___.
*shakes fist at life* stahp!
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:40AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 149
joined: 3-23-2007
OzoneOcean wrote:“Coffee in Australia is almost $5 a cup- and remember the Aussie dollar is worth more than the US so that's like OVER $5 a cup US. Bad :( A quick trip to a cafe for some coffee and cake here will cost you over $20 easily, if you're the on paying… Which I usually am. ”

What is wrong with going Dutch? Over $20US for coffee and cake is really outrageous. It goes way beyond my price range, which is usually less than half that because I prefer going Dutch when I go to cafes. However, when I go out (specifically with a person of the opposite gender), I happily pay the entire coffee bill and dessert if I was treated to a movie or dinner prior.

Hippie Van wrote:“Coffee. Studying. Russian History. Rabbits.”

I started drinking coffee only a few months ago because caffeine from tea was enough to keep me awake all night. My tolerance increased and so I made the switch. I can not stand anything sweet so I would just use creamer. I stopped that eventually and now drink it black. It's amazing how the subtle flavors that would be unnoticed under all that dairy and sugar.

Russian History tiring? That has to be an exciting topic from Rasputin to the KGB. Just watch “An American Tail” during your study breaks.

Oh my gosh! I absolutely love rabbits especially when just lay on their back with all their paws in the air. My rabbit would do that when she was in a state of pure bliss. Perhaps the Juliet and Annie have already marked their territory? Rabbits mark their territory with the bottom of their chin.

Lonnehart wrote:“Transformers.”

All this talk about Transformers and no one has brought up Megatron T-Rex from Beast Wars? For shame, good sirs!
last edited on April 10, 2013 12:45AM
bravo1102 at 12:55AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 3,224
joined: 1-21-2008
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
Hippie Van wrote:
“Coffee. Studying. Russian History. Rabbits.”
Russian History tiring? That has to be an exciting topic from Rasputin to the KGB. Just watch “An American Tail” during your study breaks.

Serfs get oppressed, serf rebellion, pretend tsar; repeat.  Interspersed with boyars vs tsar and palace coup with strong willed German princess with a bevy of young officer lovers. (That's the whole 18th century right there)  

Who needs Raputin when you have Peter the Great.  “I'm a barber and I will personally shave every bearded lord in Russia!  And I can because I'm the tsar and I tower over everyone by a good two feet!”

Have to say Russian history makes for great movies by fantastic movie makers.
kawaiidaigakusei at 1:18AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 149
joined: 3-23-2007
Katch wrote:“I hate it when you're SO tired but for some reason you can't fall asleep. ”

Seriously. For me, having a portable tablet has made it too easy to stay up way later than my bedtime. It has become an insomnia enabler.

Bravo1102 wrote:“Who needs Raputin when you have Peter the Great. ‘I’m a barber and I will personally shave every bearded lord in Russia! And I can because I'm the tsar and I tower over everyone by a good two feet!'”

Having a beard tax would never work in Modern society. All the bearded hipsters would revolt! I still think Rasputin is one of the creepiest men of history. Too bad he was not born 200 years earlier so Peter the Great could have taxed him for his unsightly beard!
Katch at 1:25AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
Yeeeahhhhh, it's rough, and i really REALLY enjoy my sleep = w =

Time for ranting and raving time. WHAT the hell is with people that comment on how BAD they think someones comic is? HONESTLY? Do they have nothing better to do than be bags of dicks?  If you don't like it, don't comment on it, don't put some artist down when they're trying to show their stuff to the world. SHIT =/ 
I just want to reach through the computer screen and murder the lot of em. 
last edited on April 10, 2013 1:27AM
ozoneocean at 1:39AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Katch wrote:
 
WHAT the hell is with people that comment on how BAD they think someones comic is? HONESTLY? Do they have nothing better to do than be bags of dicks?  If you don't like it, don't comment on it
  
That used to be the way here at DD. A bunch of people thought it made everything too luvy dovey and friendly when even stuff they thought was bad was praised…
Personally I think they're super cockheads. If they can't find something nice to say or helpful in a nice way, then don't say anything at all.
 
Katch at 2:20AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
ozoneocean wrote:
Katch wrote:
 
WHAT the hell is with people that comment on how BAD they think someones comic is? HONESTLY? Do they have nothing better to do than be bags of dicks?  If you don't like it, don't comment on it    
That used to be the way here at DD. A bunch of people thought it made everything too luvy dovey and friendly when even stuff they thought was bad was praised…
Personally I think they're super cockheads. If they can't find something nice to say or helpful in a nice way, then don't say anything at all.
Yeah, it's pretty revolting. Well there's some terrible troll lurking in that new featured comic. 
=/ Its people like that douche that make people not WANT to post things. i used to be very shy about my stuff, had i encountered anyone like that first off I probably wouldn't have done a damn thing with comics. 

 
last edited on April 10, 2013 2:21AM
bravo1102 at 2:23AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 3,224
joined: 1-21-2008
ozoneocean wrote:
Katch wrote:
 
WHAT the hell is with people that comment on how BAD they think someones comic is? HONESTLY? Do they have nothing better to do than be bags of dicks?  If you don't like it, don't comment on it
   

Personally I think they're super cockheads. If they can't find something nice to say or helpful in a nice way, then don't say anything at all.
If you must spew hatred on a comic come by and do it on mine!  Please, I just want comments, I don't care what you say, just say something.  And click “like”, thanks.  

Those of us with few to no comments can't help but thinking at times that there is nothing worth saying about our work. Nasty comments about how bad it is are always welcome on any of my comics.

And once you look at it you'll find it's much better than you thought it ever could be or has any right to be. 
Katch at 2:38AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 809
joined: 12-4-2006
Good for you? 
most artists I know aren't that masochistic. Critiques are fine, putting someones art down just because they think it's sucky, is rude. 
bravo1102 at 3:20AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 3,224
joined: 1-21-2008
Katch wrote:
Good for you? 
most artists I know aren't that masochistic. Critiques are fine, putting someones art down just because they think it's sucky, is rude. 
Verbal abusers rarely ever take on someone who can give it back to them because they know they'll more than likely dry up and blow away.  They take on those who can't defend themselves and have a field day.  So I gladly offer myself up as a victim. Rude people are so entertaining.  And I love to ask them their height so I can find out exactly how high one can stack shit these days.
ozoneocean at 3:56AM, April 10, 2013
(online)
posts: 24,789
joined: 1-2-2006
Bravo's other name is Mr Contrary :)
 

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved