Ozoneocean at 8:01AM, Nov. 20, 2017
(online)
Odin's ravens ;)
bravo1102 at 5:51AM, Nov. 24, 2017
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Odin's ravens ;)
That's why I always greet them with an upraised fist and a cry of “ODIN!”

Anyway I had two weird dreams. One two ex-girlfriends were vying for me. One was passionate declaring how she was wrong and all. The other was ambivalent and my wife totally fatalistic. I told them I'd never leave my wife and it was rather late in the day to make these confessions.

Which leads to the second dream. The ambivalent one from the first dream won't let go of me and us trying to kiss me, begging and bemoaning her loveless marriage and that she's just realised that she's always loved me for the past 35 years.

And again I answer “ a bit late, don't you think? We've both been married to others for decades! What about our spouses now?”

“I think they'd make a cute couple–”

“What is past is past. Please leave me alone, no regrets and no looking back and just leave me be!”

As if my subconscious is telling me in no uncertain terms to stop regretting the past. I have actually had dead relatives almost haunt my dreams until I stood up and told them that they were passed and they no longer had a hold on me. If one believed in such things, one could say I was in psychic communication with others including the recently deceased, but I don't.
last edited on Nov. 24, 2017 5:58AM
usedbooks at 12:28PM, Nov. 29, 2017
(online)
After my computer's hard drive fried this summer, it has been functional but annoying on a smaller harddrive and a crappy trial version OS I never wanted (Windows 8 – it had been running a full version of Windows 7).

Anyway, although my computer is still functional for what I need, I did exhaustive research on possible replacements when it decides to quit entirely because I won't be putting money/effort into fixing it again. I found a good deal on a new Lenovo Yoga from a good seller on eBay, so my dad said he'd help with the cost for a Christmas gift and to go ahead and order it: Lenovo Yoga 720 - 13.3"

(There were five left this morning and only one left now. Glad I caught this deal. $590. It costs almost $800 in most other places.)

Anyway, new computer for Christmas! Same specs as my current one but not falling to pieces. (I have duct tape holding a panel on the back.) I also am dying to have better stylus response My computer stopped recognizing pressure sensitivity.

KomradeDave at 12:51PM, Nov. 29, 2017
(online)
I'm actually seeing someone about my mental health issues.

I'm getting into better physical shape as a result.

I'very been drawing and even selling a few character pieces lately.

Things are going all right here, and it's good to be back and see many of you again.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
Ozoneocean at 8:56PM, Nov. 29, 2017
(online)
Good to have you back Komrade!!!! ^_^

Heeey Usedbooks,I would love one of those comps. That might be my next computer.
usedbooks at 7:21PM, Dec. 4, 2017
(online)
The new computer came. (Actually, it arrived in less than two days, so awesome job, Ebay seller guy!)

Since we ordered it from Ebay, I wanted to make sure it ran before handing it to my parents to wrap for Christmas. I uninstalled annoying trial software and put Corel and Open Office on it. It's similar to my current one but more modern and sleeker (and not broken). The screen size is the same. The keyboard is similar and feels nice to type on. It is much thinner and made of metal instead of plastic. I'll have to get used to having so few ports (and having to use adapters). I think some people would find the screen small for a primary laptop, but it's the same size I've been using and actually makes for a convenient portable tablet.

Unfortunately, it didn't come with a stylus. My current computer's isn't compatible, and the one I ordered hasn't arrived. It might have to wait until Christmas to give it a try.
Ozoneocean at 6:47PM, Dec. 17, 2017
(online)
Let me know how it works. I have my eye on one of those beauties!

———-
I miss Bravo…
bravo1102 at 5:18AM, Dec. 19, 2017
(offline)
And I had a dream last night that a person of faith could only label as a vision of the sublime and divinity. Even included instruction and discussion with great figures like various church fathers, Aquineas and William of Occam. Anointing with holy oil and even the voice of God. Of course it mostly reaffirmed my own belief system though speaking with God was difficult at best being an atheist. But he said that one doesn't have to believe in or worship him only listen, see and feel the beauty all around you.

Then there was a dream about college. Signing up for a class in Middle Eastern diplomacy and getting tied up in some sort of spy plot with kidnapping and doubles and a Marta Hari type played by Tantz and time travel through a strange door in a ritzy hotel. 1936 London? But I deposited £10 in the bank to accrue compound interest when I got back to the present day. Gotta plan ahead when you time travel.
usedbooks at 8:17AM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
Interesting dreams. I love ones that stick with you.

I had a dream that I went somewhere to interview for a job. While I was trying to find the office/person with whom I had an appointment, everyone was rude to me, so, figuring this was not somewhere I'd enjoy working, I left.

On that note, I have a job interview today. It's the first in-person interview I've had in 9 years. Since my wardrobe is comprised of uniforms and pajamas, I had to spend $80 on clothes for said interview, which is a tough hit to the wallet during December (and unemployment).
KimLuster at 8:54AM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
Those are some cool dreams!! I need to try dreaming again (or course, that requires sleep…!)
Ozoneocean at 8:09PM, Dec. 19, 2017
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
But I deposited £10 in the bank to accrue compound interest when I got back to the present day. Gotta plan ahead when you time travel.
That sounds like a VERY Bravoesque dream…
Oh dear, I SO wish I could do that with some money… Though how do you get a valid tenner in 1936? That was quite a bit of money back then. You'd need to work for at least a week at a job I think, or steel it. Maybe sell something?

I love the idea of going back in time and then thinking about the mechanics of things like that :D
bravo1102 at 12:41AM, Dec. 20, 2017
(offline)
It was how much money I had in my pocket.

Last night's dream was all about clay. Clay monsters are attacking and we are trying to create our own clay creatures to fight them because the JSDF is out matched. And of course it's a school class that's doing this and my clay creations are awful because I have no water to bind the clay well and There ae no sculpting tools. So I get clay all over my clothes and end up naked in the girl's locker room and I realized I was in an anime. I figured lunch had looked funny in that little box and the school uniforms. My friends get me some clothes and we dig a jeep out of a pile of clay the monsters had left and were going to use hand soap to destroy them. Somewhere in there a teacher was asking us trivia questions about 1960s cartoons. Like how would she know? She found a magazine in a student's desk. There was also jumping back and forth between the clay battle and the art class as if it was a game we were playing in class with the clay and our army men.
last edited on Dec. 20, 2017 12:44AM
lba at 5:42PM, Dec. 22, 2017
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
But I deposited £10 in the bank to accrue compound interest when I got back to the present day. Gotta plan ahead when you time travel.
Oh dear, I SO wish I could do that with some money… Though how do you get a valid tenner in 1936? That was quite a bit of money back then. You'd need to work for at least a week at a job I think, or steel it. Maybe sell something?

I love the idea of going back in time and then thinking about the mechanics of things like that :D

I'd just buy it as a collectible today before going back. I mean, stands to reason if I went back in time, any changes I made, I already made them to wind up in the present and still exist, so I must have already made the deposit and had the money to buy that collectible bill before I went back in the first place, otherwise I'd never be thinking about it at all.

Really quite simple when you think about it old chap. Do let me know if you find yourself having trouble with any of these complicated bits. My door is always open.
bravo1102 at 5:05AM, Dec. 23, 2017
(offline)
lba wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

I'd just buy it as a collectible today before going back. I mean, stands to reason if I went back in time, any changes I made, I already made them to wind up in the present and still exist, so I must have already made the deposit and had the money to buy that collectible bill before I went back in the first place, otherwise I'd never be thinking about it at all.

Really quite simple when you think about it old chap. Do let me know if you find yourself having trouble with any of these complicated bits. My door is always open.

It was actually more crafty than that in the dream. The exit to the past was in a ritzy hotel. So I ended up in said hotel in 1936, went to the concierge to exchange my dollars for pounds. That's how I got period money to put in the bank. I knew they wouldn't examine the American money as closely as they would in the bank.
Ozoneocean at 8:38AM, Dec. 25, 2017
(online)
Meeey Christmas! ^_^

I've been watching he dubbed version of the new version of Space Battleship Yamato, aka Starblazers.
I remember that Bravo said it was pretty cool…
It's Awesome! They have replicated the original in all its 1970s glory, but just updated the art quality and the voice acting.

The thing is that is SO amazing to see that older, cooler art style from anime again, where faces aren't all super distorted by massive eyes, people have real noses, they have hair that doesn't stand at weird angles or is all colours, they're also adults instead of all kids!
There's also different sizes and shapes of people in it too! The doctor is so cool being short and fat with a super giant mouth… The only recent anime with a character like that was Kill La Kill.
This show is SO good. Great tribute to the original.

I most love the 1970s hair and uniforms. It's sublime.
bravo1102 at 11:44AM, Dec. 25, 2017
(offline)
They updated a lot. The story is also filled out much more with some good subplots with General Gomel, the hyperspace submarine, Desslar as well as new characters on board Yamato.

Yuki is no longer the only female crewmen and there is some fan service. The uniforms were updated, no longer being one piece unitards for everyone and there is now rank insignia.

There is a stand alone movie that adds to the original journey and also serves to intro the Galanteans. Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Voyage of the Celestial Ark.

Space Battleship Yamato 2202 has already started as a series of movies. It's not just an anime this is a phenomenon.

It's good to finally see a re-boot where all the changes have been for the better.
Ozoneocean at 8:18PM, Dec. 25, 2017
(online)
I wouldn't even call it a reeboot, it's too close to the original. It's more like an “Upgrade”. I think that should be a new term for this genre of remake. ^_^

Funny thing is though, I used to watch it when I was younger and I would get terrible migraines… I still do -_-
That's nostalgia I can live without.

Blaaargh, whatever, I LOVE it!
Genejoke at 3:55PM, Dec. 26, 2017
(online)
Belated merry christmas folks.

Finally back, or will be. Been a hell of a few months.
bravo1102 at 5:39AM, Dec. 27, 2017
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:

Welcome back, you've been sorely missed.

And the last few months have been hell on a lot of us. Working days does not agree with me at all and a whole host of other stresses I manage to escape through model building and working on that looming collosus of a web comic.
KimLuster at 8:23AM, Dec. 27, 2017
(online)
Genejoke wrote:

Welcome back, and Merry Christmas! Wasn't the same here without your presence!!
Genejoke at 4:04PM, Dec. 31, 2017
(online)
Thanks. After I'm finished sorting computer stuff over the next few days I will be uploading new pages for some comics. The joys of hardware upgrades and full reinstalls…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon