Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

What made you first join Drunk Duck?
khouji at 8:15PM, Aug. 7, 2017
(offline)
The reason why I joined drunk duck is simply that I'm a fan of reading of different kinds of stories. Also, I hope to post my own comic here.
Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"
KomradeDave at 10:52PM, Dec. 7, 2017
(online)
Dang, this thread was a trip down memory lane.
I thought I had commented already, but I guess not.

I was making comics for my college newspaper and wanted a place to organize them online, since there were rumors that Geocities would be shutting down (it would survive another couple of years).
Drunk Duck was in the news because it had just been acquired by Platinum.

Then when I got all set up, I found a community I liked being a part of, a bunch of comics I liked reading, and even fell in with the bad kids and made some friends.

I have a feeling that as long as the Duck is here, in whatever form and under whoever's stewardship, I'll always make my way back.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
Foreman at 5:10PM, May 16, 2018
(offline)
I've made a comic in art class (the Adventures of Anderson one) and decided to start posting
MG Comics at 5:52PM, May 19, 2018
(offline)
Just trying things out

Basically trying to upload my comic on more platforms and to make more and more creations. I also love to draw and write! <3 And animation
Werthkew at 9:17PM, June 28, 2018
(offline)
I found it because a friend of mine saw that I was drawing comics and linked an article he found about getting started. It was an article by someone named Dawn Griffin, who apparently got their start on DrunkDuck. They mentioned DrunkDuck in the article, and now I'm here! Here's the article if anyone is interested.

http://webcomicalliance.com/featured-news/so-you-wanna-put-your-comic-on-the-web/

Also, here's my comic on DrunkDuck!

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Glennomics/

And my Comic's Facebook!!

https://www.facebook.com/glennomics/
HawkandFloAdventures at 8:29AM, Aug. 13, 2018
(offline)
I became isolated overtime and I was hoping I could make some friends here. Even Though I find this sort of thing really scary i'm going to try my best to post here and try talking to people. Making my comics has made me increasingly distant with people as it takes a lot of time to make the stuff i'm trying to do.

One episode of one of my comics takes 3 40 Page A3 books because I originally envisioned it as a cartoon that would be on TV. I really want to see it made one day, but in the meantime I don't want my passion to be what isolates me. I really want to meet other people who like doing a similar sort of thing.

WilliamB at 8:53AM, Aug. 16, 2018
(offline)
I was looking for a place to post my first attempt at a comic book This came up in my searches and seemed like the most interesting choice :) Glad to be here and meet all of you. If you would like to check out my first chapter and help me improve. Thank you all for having me :)
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Fruit_of_Eden/5577852/
Jcom at 9:28AM, Nov. 1, 2018
(offline)
Well I joined mainly as one of several avenues to launch my webcomic, but also to engage and get to know the community.
ChipperChartreuse at 4:56PM, Nov. 26, 2018
(offline)
I'm with Jcom, joined to get myself started. I also needed the benefit of a safe place to post for an adult audience.
nicolikesnarwhals at 5:48AM, Dec. 3, 2018
(offline)
I really like drawing comics, so I started a Percy Jackson solangelo fancomic for practice (which I started posting to Instagram and then this). And I was talking today about it to one of my friends, they then recommended I try out one of these webcomic sites. After some quality digging on wikihow and procrastination on YouTube, I made this account.

ShaRose49 at 5:43PM, Feb. 3, 2019
(offline)
I just Joined today. I joined hoping to get some more feedback and to reach more people. It seems a bit like Comic Fury, which is a great site.
rcleary171 at 9:02AM, Feb. 17, 2019
(offline)
I just became a member. I learned of the site through Google. My hope is to learn more about the art of cartooning and expand my network of fellow cartoonists.
SasquatchJosh at 6:56PM, March 9, 2019
(offline)
I joined Drunk Duck because I've had this comic book based on my rap group “Demented Naychir” that I've been itching to put out; this was one of the most recommended sites. I love reading comics and checking out other peoples work too! (Killing 2 Ducks with one beer!) HELLO EVERYBODY! *Dr. Nick voice* hit me up! I'm new here and would love to see what you've been working on! Especially if its dark and funny :)
zarulafandi at 9:56PM, March 28, 2019
(offline)
Welp, i guess cause i wanted people to see my work (albeit it isn't THAT good) and this place looked like it's a good ass place to do just that.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Infidels/
https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Barrel_and_Edge_/
Stalkerisland at 6:25AM, April 4, 2019
(offline)
We joined because we want to give our stories a chance to find an audience. It's interesting how we waiting until now to release our stuff because we wanted to find the right home.
It's all new for us but so far so good.

I'd love some tips on how to increase the chance people will see our pages…
Please help actually!
lol

–MG
CobraClutch84 at 8:26PM, May 28, 2019
(offline)
I joined The Duck because of the freedom it offers in content creation. From Teen to Mature there's something for everybody! Check out my Comic Strip “Addicted to Pollen”!!!!Your text to link here…
bluecuts34 at 1:22AM, June 1, 2019
(offline)
I'm here because it's one the the few sites that allows adult comics - while other sites are there for pinups, it's borderline impossible to find a host for anything 18+, which I think is a real shame. I'm happy to support a site with a dedicated adult section!

Also you can upload in a decent resolution - important as someone who works in a limited palette. Webtoons can stick it with their 800px maximum width.

If you're interested in a well-drawn 18+ comic, read mine here!
Pencilz at 8:11AM, June 12, 2019
(offline)
Trying to spread out on as many different platforms as I can!

damehelsing at 2:31PM, June 16, 2019
(offline)
The friendly environment totally grasped me. I'm a sucker for friendly environments even though I'm honestly pretty quiet. I never really posted in the forums until today.

But friendliness is what attracted me to theduck! <3
Xerocorpse Boomer at 1:08PM, July 1, 2019
(offline)
kandg wrote:
Some people might've joined to look at comics, others to post their own.
Perhaps, for both?
Who knows, maybe some people joined just to talk on the forums about random stuff?

I joined for both looking and sharing comics.
You?

((Oh by the way, hi I'm Simone ^-^))

Hi Simone, I'm Xerocorpse Boomer! I came here for the love of comics. I love reading them, making them, critiquing them, all of it! The crowd is a little tough when it comes to exposure, but I'm more about the accomplishing something that I have wanted to make for a long time. So in a way, this is more therapeutic :) Love the site, keep up the great work!
Chappy at 9:46PM, July 9, 2019
(offline)
hello! newbies here and I own Full house but still stuck don't know how to put my comic in this site. WHY I Join DRUNK DUCK? well, 1st I like reading different kind of stories and original idea. and second, yeah basically want to post and shared mine too including learning more from you guys~
Chappy at 3:57AM, July 10, 2019
(offline)
hello guys, New citizen in Drunk Duck webcomics. people in here very talented and I started to read you guys work. very different idea from what I normally read before. so, I'm here to sharing my work too~ hope we can teach each other since I the one really need it~
feel free to visit and read my work~

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/FULL_HOUSE_by_ProjectNutz/5603857/
last edited on July 10, 2019 3:59AM
Dal dean at 10:09AM, July 29, 2019
(offline)
Hi i'm Dal.I found this through a link yesterday.I have had a comic up on webtoons for a year,but my story does not fit there.
It all seems to be oriented toward anime and romance.
I like anime but i guess i am sick of it.

I looked through a few comics here and liked the vibe.
So here i am!
luchanortena at 10:39PM, Sept. 4, 2019
(offline)
Post my comics about pro wrestling
Dera Nuel at 4:25PM, Sept. 26, 2019
(offline)
I want more people to read my work. DD has a great community and seem like a good way to get more readers for my comic. Plus I was searching for where I could read new comics and interact with other artists.
Davey Do at 9:29AM, Oct. 24, 2019
(offline)
JC_Mraz at 2:48PM, Dec. 5, 2019
(offline)
Years and years ago I joined because this was my first free hosting site I found under an older username. Now I'm coming back since Smackjeeves decided to roll over because I prefer this kind of platform. :)
DanKCUm at 9:24PM, Dec. 24, 2019
(offline)
idk, think I'm lost. thanks for your question.
DeanZeeks at 1:24PM, Dec. 27, 2019
(offline)
3 Reasons:
1-the regular “I want to share my comics ever since I was 14 but due to conditions I could't”
2-This one has forums similar to one I used to use in 2008, a huge nostalgia bonus, plus the users here are nice af
3-modern comic sites require you to upload pages less than 500 kb -which is a ridiculous condition imo and encourages that lazy flat to no colors comics style that I'm really not so fond of- while this site let's you upload however you want
rickrudge at 3:40PM, March 19, 2020
(offline)
I have always enjoyed drawing and dreaming up stories. Then a friend showed me underground comic books and I was hooked. “What!? You can show tits and pot humor?” I did comix for an underground newspaper in San Jose, California and a few comic books here in Portland, Oregon. I even tried creating comix on my own web site with terrible results.

I have since been on a few webcomics sites, with various amounts of satisfaction. I did some searching around and found a recommendation of the Drunk Duck. I like the comic format that the Drunk Duck uses (comic book page size). It’s fairly easy to post my comix here and I enjoy the friendliness and help of the other cartoonists. Their styles vary, which makes this site very interesting to check out other’s works.

A lot of my stuff is for adult or mature readers, so the Duck’s attitude has worked well with me.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon