Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

What made you first join Drunk Duck?
rickrudge at 3:40PM, March 19, 2020
(offline)
I have always enjoyed drawing and dreaming up stories. Then a friend showed me underground comic books and I was hooked. “What!? You can show tits and pot humor?” I did comix for an underground newspaper in San Jose, California and a few comic books here in Portland, Oregon. I even tried creating comix on my own web site with terrible results.

I have since been on a few webcomics sites, with various amounts of satisfaction. I did some searching around and found a recommendation of the Drunk Duck. I like the comic format that the Drunk Duck uses (comic book page size). It’s fairly easy to post my comix here and I enjoy the friendliness and help of the other cartoonists. Their styles vary, which makes this site very interesting to check out other’s works.

A lot of my stuff is for adult or mature readers, so the Duck’s attitude has worked well with me.
Demon Works at 7:28PM, May 23, 2020
(offline)
Long ago in a distant land
I, Aku the shapeshifting master of
Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil.
But a foolish samurai warrior wielding
A magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final blue was struck
I tore open a portal in time and flung
Him into the future where my evil is law.
Now the fool seeks to return to the
Past and undo the future that is Aku…

What was the question again? <_<
plymayer at 3:44AM, Aug. 31, 2020
(online)
What made you first join Drunk Duck?

I was toldby a judge to either join Drunk Duck, sign up for the military or go to jail.

No, that's not true….Or is it?
dueeast at 8:57PM, Oct. 20, 2020
(offline)
I joined DD in 2007 because it seemed like a great assortment of webcomics. I had tried another com* host (*cough* Comic Genesis *cough*) and it was just dead. I liked the community here and dove right in, continuing the Due East series and even starting Off Hours as a collaboration comic.

I'm proud to say I'm still friends with people I met here between 2007 and 2010. :)

So in summary:
1. Cool Comics
2. Community
L.C.Stein at 10:38PM, Oct. 25, 2020
(offline)
I am a new member and relatively new at webcomic game (even though I am 37).

I was interested in joining because I have been having a hard time trying to grow an audience, get feedback, etc. With the exception of Facebook groups, trying to get noticed on major social media platforms and places like Webtoons is hard. Sure, people do go viral or blow up, but that just does not happen for me.

Anyway, I like that the Duck has more of a community feel and good discussion. I am hoping I can learn more and connect with other people here, especially people who have done this a long time and know what it takes to persevere and publish their works before today's environment of media saturation and algorithms and ProCreate (I think the latter has really caused a huge uptick in digital publishing). This is really making me feel my age, like all these 20-somethings know something I don't…

And also to read some comics! :)
last edited on Oct. 25, 2020 10:47PM
UberShot at 2:20PM, Feb. 18, 2021
(offline)
I joined to find comics and discuss them with someone, I think I can do it.
marzig at 7:34PM, April 8, 2021
(offline)
I think I actually joined back in 2012 to share my webcomics but I didn't start using the site until now 2021. Kinda crazy. I'd also like to meet other webcomic artists like myself of course :D
Socratatus at 12:51PM, June 3, 2021
(offline)
I just needed more than one place to post my comic is all really. I don't know anyone yet to say any more.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:39PM, June 3, 2021
(offline)
What made me first join DD? Well, before I even knew DD existed I was spending way too much time and energy (and is still spending way too much time and energy^^) on writing stories and ocassionally drawing stuff. First I actually wanted to make my stories into webcomics but was deterred from giving it a shot, being told it would be way too hard.

So then I aspired to become a self-published author, but I found the self-published author scene to be all to limiting for me (internet kept telling me I couldn't make my own E-book cover by myself! I was like F**k you>:( Don't you tell me I can't draw my own cover, b**ch!) And so I fell back on my previous pursuit and started look into making webcomics instead and just so happened to stumble upon DD.

And here I am now^^ Guess it wasn't that hard after all:P
last edited on June 3, 2021 7:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+