Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

What made you first join Drunk Duck?
Demon Works at 7:28PM, May 23, 2020
(offline)
Long ago in a distant land
I, Aku the shapeshifting master of
Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil.
But a foolish samurai warrior wielding
A magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final blue was struck
I tore open a portal in time and flung
Him into the future where my evil is law.
Now the fool seeks to return to the
Past and undo the future that is Aku…

What was the question again? <_<
plymayer at 3:44AM, Aug. 31, 2020
(online)
What made you first join Drunk Duck?

I was toldby a judge to either join Drunk Duck, sign up for the military or go to jail.

No, that's not true….Or is it?
dueeast at 8:57PM, Oct. 20, 2020
(offline)
I joined DD in 2007 because it seemed like a great assortment of webcomics. I had tried another com* host (*cough* Comic Genesis *cough*) and it was just dead. I liked the community here and dove right in, continuing the Due East series and even starting Off Hours as a collaboration comic.

I'm proud to say I'm still friends with people I met here between 2007 and 2010. :)

So in summary:
1. Cool Comics
2. Community
L.C.Stein at 10:38PM, Oct. 25, 2020
(offline)
I am a new member and relatively new at webcomic game (even though I am 37).

I was interested in joining because I have been having a hard time trying to grow an audience, get feedback, etc. With the exception of Facebook groups, trying to get noticed on major social media platforms and places like Webtoons is hard. Sure, people do go viral or blow up, but that just does not happen for me.

Anyway, I like that the Duck has more of a community feel and good discussion. I am hoping I can learn more and connect with other people here, especially people who have done this a long time and know what it takes to persevere and publish their works before today's environment of media saturation and algorithms and ProCreate (I think the latter has really caused a huge uptick in digital publishing). This is really making me feel my age, like all these 20-somethings know something I don't…

And also to read some comics! :)
last edited on Oct. 25, 2020 10:47PM
UberShot at 2:20PM, Feb. 18, 2021
(offline)
I joined to find comics and discuss them with someone, I think I can do it.
marzig at 7:34PM, April 8, 2021
(offline)
I think I actually joined back in 2012 to share my webcomics but I didn't start using the site until now 2021. Kinda crazy. I'd also like to meet other webcomic artists like myself of course :D
Socratatus at 12:51PM, June 3, 2021
(offline)
I just needed more than one place to post my comic is all really. I don't know anyone yet to say any more.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:39PM, June 3, 2021
(offline)
What made me first join DD? Well, before I even knew DD existed I was spending way too much time and energy (and is still spending way too much time and energy^^) on writing stories and ocassionally drawing stuff. First I actually wanted to make my stories into webcomics but was deterred from giving it a shot, being told it would be way too hard.

So then I aspired to become a self-published author, but I found the self-published author scene to be all to limiting for me (internet kept telling me I couldn't make my own E-book cover by myself! I was like F**k you>:( Don't you tell me I can't draw my own cover, b**ch!) And so I fell back on my previous pursuit and started look into making webcomics instead and just so happened to stumble upon DD.

And here I am now^^ Guess it wasn't that hard after all:P
last edited on June 3, 2021 7:41PM
dpagano1234 at 5:48PM, Aug. 15, 2021
(offline)
My name is Dan Pagano, and I have an awesome new series called "Valentine's Odyssey on Webtoons! I would welcome any support for it and I look forward to supporting your work as well! I love to talk to other creative people and to take in their imaginations!
Hockey Webcomics at 2:18AM, Aug. 22, 2021
(offline)
I wanted to post my comic everywhere I could, thus increasing the odds of being seen. I googled for webcomic hosting services and websites and soon learned that The Duck was one of the best options, so here I am.
ArrenMcStealsalot at 8:08AM, Sept. 1, 2021
(offline)
After spending some time polishing my skills I started looking for some place where I can show my comics and where adult content is allowed. One anon on imageboard pointed me in the direction of this website. I wanted some place where “think about ze childrens” isn't the policy and adults don't have to be protected from adult content.
edgarallanpoo at 5:01AM, Nov. 11, 2021
(offline)
I joined because it was the hip and happening webcomic host site. It had a vibrant and active community of creators and readers that was fully engaged. I would love to see The Duck return to its former glory.
Creator/Writer/Editor
hpcomics.net
TheJagged at 1:03PM, Feb. 18, 2022
(offline)
I've known about Drunk Duck for ages, since around 2008. Long enough to still insist on calling it Drunk Duck. :V

I only recently felt inclined to host my own stuff here cause it took me about 10 years to feel confident enough in my art & storytelling to produce something worthwhile.

I considered other sites like Tapas but DD is just about the only place that allows adult content with very few limitations. Also i just don't feel the crowd in the app generation is my kinda crowd, i'm probably ~20 years older than the average user there, lol.
Ouja Akuma at 1:45PM, March 16, 2022
(offline)
I was on this site in 2010 under a different user name.
I don't know why I left but I stuck to Smackjeeves.
10 years later SJ shuts down and I move to comic fury.
Decided to branch out to other sites to widen my audience so here I am!

Yaoi, demons, religious stuff.
hpkomic at 10:59PM, April 15, 2022
(offline)
I needed to find a place to host my comic back in 2004 and couldn't find a way to do a navigation system without hard-coding it in Geocities.

That is how old I am.
LWFlouisa at 11:20PM, May 2, 2022
(offline)
I found out about the place recently through quackchat on social media, which I frequently enjoy reading.

I had started hosting my own sites, but found as useful as they are for doing a custom layout, it doesn't beat having friends to bounce ideas off with.
Ozoneocean at 2:49AM, May 3, 2022
(online)
That's pretty damn cool :D
CosmicWarriors at 11:54AM, May 30, 2022
(offline)
Jason Moon author of Craters Edge first made me join
dragonsong12 at 7:17AM, June 27, 2022
(offline)
You know, I don't think I ever commented in this topic! (At least I couldn't find it when I searched, heh.)

I started making comics in 2002.

I was on a forum for a print comic I enjoyed and another poster showed off a couple of pages of a comic they were making. It had never really occurred to me before that that I could just do it and post them online myself. When searching for a place to upload these early pages I first found Keenspace. Everybody remember that? It was the free version of Keenspot….everybody remember that? Keenspace eventually became Comicgenesis, and I WOULD make the “remember that?” joke again, but I think Comicgenesis might be back now…not sure…haven't looked into it.

But while I was posting there, I heard from some of my comic-making friends about another site called Drunk Duck. At the time I initially joined, it was just a backup. Keenspace/Comicgenesis had a bad habit of crashing, and it was nice to have an alternate space that I could point to when that happened. (Funnily enough, I seem to remember the Duck having a catastrophic crash not long after I joined, haha! But it made me feel like I had made the right call in uploading to multiple places.)

Over time, Keenspace/Comicgenesis went down and rather than search for another free site, I made my own…but through it all I kept the account here. I really ended up liking the community - which it didn't really feel like the other sites had - and I liked the way even when things went wrong, staff were quick to respond and very helpful. I've always felt really included here.

For a while it was just Twisted Mirrors (and FFC) posted here. Conscripted was originally made just for myself and I actually didn't really want to share it, but I noticed that there was some severe artifacting happening when posting to my own website so I ultimately made the decision to post it here as well. A decision I'm glad I made because the pages look so much better. Still haven't figured out what is causing that issue on my site, but the Duck definitely has the “good” version of Conscripted.

When it came to Devil's Blood, I didn't bother with my site anymore. It's exclusive to the Duck - the only one of my comics to only be posted here.

Probably a long-winded explanation, but it was kind of fun to think back over it all, haha. Thanks for having me for all these years, everyone!
PostProduct at 9:49AM, July 9, 2022
(offline)
Hi all! I immediately apologize for my English - there may be stupid mistakes …

In 2019, I wanted to write a story about my strange life in the media. I don’t know how to draw and I only had to make storyboards for filming.
But I drew and posted on one Russian site, where people even liked it.
Then the pandemic began, there was a move to another country, and for a long time the comic had to be forgotten. Until Christmas, I thought that I still wanted to tell my story, so after a little practice, I restarted it and decided to share it in English at the same time.

Due to the fact that I raise rather frank topics, all sorts of WebToon and Tapas had to be dismissed, and I began to google other resources. So Google immediately showed this wonderful site and I was impressed by how strange and inviting everything here looks.
It's hard to describe in words, but the site makes you feel like you've come to visit relatives in a small town where you haven't been for a long time. I hope I'm here for a long time, because everyone here is incredibly cute and interesting! ^_^
phinmagic at 2:17PM, July 25, 2022
(offline)
In 2006, I was looking for a much more user friendly mirror than my cumbersome Comic Genesis site. What I got was a great community, as well.
HawkandFloAdventures at 5:49AM, Aug. 8, 2022
(offline)
I joined because I was hoping to make some new friends and show people my webcomics ^^
TwedeeNimbus at 5:36PM, Sept. 13, 2022
(offline)
After an awful experience on ComicFury, I moved here to turn over a new leaf and start launching my new comics within six months. I am still working on them, and I am excited!
Commissar_Tarkin at 4:45AM, Sept. 27, 2022
(offline)
I got here after seeing the site mentioned in a forum topic either on Tapas or ComicFury forums, I don't remember which. Initially it was just another platform to post our comic on, but it quickly became apparent that DD has an amazing community. I wish I had the energy to participate in it more! And maybe I will.
davidxolukoga at 4:04AM, Oct. 16, 2022
(offline)
Honestly; I joined because I want to draw comics (for people(writers)). I just needed a space to express myself and let it all out.
InkyMoondrop at 2:25PM, Oct. 21, 2022
(offline)
Basically? I was looking for a way to publish a comic series with some adult themes. Blogging sites don't allow anything they deem explicit enough and it's not a webtoon so I decided to self-host. And then my host went down for 10-11 days… good times. Anyway, I'm glad I joined, it's nice to see how seriously the Duck takes the freedom of artistic expression.
J_Scarbrough at 4:09PM, Oct. 21, 2022
(offline)
As I mentioned in another thread, I used to be on Smack Jeeves, but, well, we all know how that ended. Earlier this summer, I migrated to ComicFury, and liked it at first, but I ended up getting banhammered because a couple of dumb memes I shared and a couple of other dumb comments I made on the forum apparently triggered enough people into getting me booted from the site; The Duck was the only other host I could think of with longevity and reputation. Wasn't crazy about the move or anything at first, but the more I've been hearing from others with less than pleasant CF experiences, and seeing how great the community is here, in hindsight, I now feel more like getting booted from CF was really a blessing in disguise.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
davidxolukoga at 3:43AM, Dec. 10, 2022
(offline)
Demon Works wrote:
Long ago in a distant land
I, Aku the shapeshifting master of
Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil.
But a foolish samurai warrior wielding
A magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final blue was struck
I tore open a portal in time and flung
Him into the future where my evil is law.
Now the fool seeks to return to the
Past and undo the future that is Aku…

What was the question again? <_<
Gotta get back
Back to the past
Samurai Jack
(Wa-watch)
mightguy15 at 7:08PM, Dec. 11, 2022
(offline)
Basically I just joined to every webcomic hosting site I could. I'm just trying to get some eyeballs dog.

If I find out about another webcomic hosting site I'm probably going to make an account there too. If I have to endure making my shitty comics then the world is going to end there having to read them mwahahaha.
cirogalli at 4:35PM, Dec. 14, 2022
(online)
Hi there everyone. My name is Ciro. I joined this site back in 2003 or 2004. After that I've been coming back and forth under different names. I took part in several community projects like those collabs you had here. I also had several of my comics published here, but I never felt they got much exposition around here, for some reason. No one ever liked or commented on them. Maybe I'm not that talented. Now I'm 45 and last year I published 4 pages of this silly comic to try my luck again, but it hasn't been visited by a single soul so far. And I was wondering whether this site is till active. I'm gonna leave the link here just in case someone finds it and decides to give it a look.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Misadventures_of_Ken/5640262/

thanks for reading and for your feedback.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon