Tips and Tricks/Support *

DD Suggestions Thread
ThrisbyDude at 9:23PM, Oct. 19, 2022
(offline)
When a few/several months after the site redesign pass, can we have the option to hide our comics from public view and make them link-only?

I have the tendency of not allowing my projects on the front page or to be featured, even on the ‘latest updates’ section. Unless one of my projects is ambitious enough (it depends if I want it to succeed), I'd rather just put {the links to} my projects myself on my profile or test out my comic first instead of having it show up on the homepage here.
A.K.A Karumtoo-Rexo.
All my times Eastern - Standard or Daylight.
last edited on Oct. 19, 2022 9:31PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:38PM, Oct. 19, 2022
(online)
ThrisbyDude wrote:
When a few/several months after the site redesign pass, can we have the option to hide our comics from public view and make them link-only?

I have the tendency of not allowing my projects on the front page or to be featured, even on the ‘latest updates’ section. Unless one of my projects is ambitious enough (it depends if I want it to succeed), I'd rather just put {the links to} my projects myself on my profile or test out my comic first instead of having it show up on the homepage here.

There are definitely manual steps like contacting one of the admins to take down posts that were once featured on the main page. Contacting an admin directly to ask never to be featured. It is even possible to change the comic name and username associated with the comic to one less identifiable on the net.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
ThrisbyDude at 9:44PM, Oct. 19, 2022
(offline)
Oh, alright! Thank you! I'll consider doing that someday (soon).
A.K.A Karumtoo-Rexo.
InkyMoondrop at 8:32AM, Oct. 27, 2022
(offline)
Hm… date of last login on profiles perhaps, so you know not to pq someone if they haven't been around for years to check their messages. It could also encourage comments under old comics if someone is not actively creating but you know they occasionally still check in to read comments.

I suppose listing comics read and personal ratings is an option each user could do via third party blogs, it's certainly not a priority but something I love in sites with databases of content. Maybe statistics based on pages marked read and displaying users with similar interests based on comparing likes and / or favorites? It'd make building out a friend and reader base pure joy, not to mention it'd give the “like” feature a useful function for those who click on it but it still wouldn't give away specifics, which I suppose is the aim of anonymous liking.

Unaware if there's a community blogging project as well, but a community blog, even separately and with high criteria for participating could spice things up. (Or maybe not if there were such attempts in the past and it was more of a pain than a reward).
last edited on Oct. 27, 2022 9:19AM
InkyMoondrop at 9:29AM, Oct. 27, 2022
(offline)
ThrisbyDude wrote:
↑ There is a way to check whether or not someone is active.

On the top toolbar (where The Duck logo is) you can type up a member's username in the search bar, {press ENTER,} then click/tap on ‘switch to user search’; you can see on the right when a user was last active.
The date and time system here is {slightly } jitterly, in my opinion, but it'll still give you an idea when someone was last active.

Maybe adding “last active” on our bios could be a good start.

Thanks, you learn something every day.
ThrisbyDude at 9:30AM, Oct. 27, 2022
(offline)
Oops, deleted my response! But you're still welcome!
A.K.A Karumtoo-Rexo.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon