6: Townies
7: Agents
8: SuperEgo
9: Explorers
10: Serial Killer
11: Villagers
12: 100% Fatality
13: The Atheist
14: Townies (but the narrative will say that everyone killed humorman instead)
So Townies 8 out of 14, Serial Killer 1 out of 14, No one((me)) 1 out of 14 and 4 out of 14 for mafia. Dosn't quite seem fair. Add on to that the mafia havn't won ONE game since we have been playing the who roles for office policy and your find that the game isn't fair. Mafia are under powered and it is time to try to fix this in my oppion.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
ParkerFarker at 11:25PM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Add on to that the mafia havn't won ONE game since we have been playing the who roles for office policy and your find that the game isn't fair.

What's that policy?

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:38PM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Add on to that the mafia havn't won ONE game since we have been playing the who roles for office policy and your find that the game isn't fair.

What's that policy?
Only elect people with roles.

ParkerFarker at 4:11AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
ahh, it is an a(e?)ffective policy.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Niccea at 6:16AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

What's that policy?
Precisely. That is why I am proposing MYSTERY MAFIA! No one will know their roles until after they have voted for the mayor. Right now. I see it as the best way to keep people from running based on roles. Gives townies and fake townies a fair shot at office.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:06AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Niccea
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

What's that policy?
Precisely. That is why I am proposing MYSTERY MAFIA! No one will know their roles until after they have voted for the mayor. Right now. I see it as the best way to keep people from running based on roles. Gives townies and fake townies a fair shot at office.
But it could be just as bad for the mafia. Say someone is elected only to find out they are a regular mafia. Det is of course going to check the Mayor out and bam! Mafia are out a player p.p

Still like it though.

Niccea at 8:37AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
I know it is not perfect, but it is the best solution I can think of. It is not like we can ban people from telling roles.
crocty at 8:48AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
I know it is not perfect, but it is the best solution I can think of. It is not like we can ban people from telling roles.
You could just not tell the townies their roles. That way the Godfather can run without fear, and the mafia will have a good chance. :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Product Placement at 8:52AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Well how about this interesting idea.

The detective can't check up on the mayor or the pardoner. As long as they're both protected by bodyguards, no negative actions can be taken against them (including detective powers). He's allowed however to check up on the candidates so the mafia is always at risk of being found out while they're running. A good middle ground, don't you think?

Also, I propose that we should get rid of an exploit that I've been aware of for too long.
I'm talking about the exploit where paramedics protect bodyguards. Basically, a rule should be added stating that if a paramedic protects a bodyguard, the protection will be ignored. Bodyguards are too proud to accept the help.

It doesn't matter if the paramedic knows the identity of the bodyguards or not.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
crocty at 8:54AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement

The detective can't check up on the mayor or the pardoner. As long as they're both protected by bodyguards, no negative actions can be taken against them (including detective powers). He's allowed however to check up on the candidates so the mafia is always at risk of being found out while they're running. A good middle ground, don't you think?

Also, I propose that we should get rid of an exploit that I've been aware of for too long.
I'm talking about the exploit where paramedics protect bodyguards. Basically, a rule should be added stating that if a paramedic protects a bodyguard, the protection will be ignored. Bodyguards are too proud to accept the help.

Honestly. If both paramedics get elected, each protect the bodyguards, then the mafia will not be able to win. It will be literally impossible.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:07AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
crocty
Product Placement

Honestly. If both paramedics get elected, each protect the bodyguards, then the mafia will not be able to win. It will be literally impossible.
I wouldn't say impossible, just highly unlikly. I mean two kills on a bodyguard who protected is still a kill.

But I'm willing to try it as long as it isn't a rule for “Turning games”, like the monster mash.

Also heres a poster I made for Inu. I couldn't post it cause I didn't want it to seem like I had a bais.

crocty at 9:10AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
crocty
Product Placement

I wouldn't say impossible, just highly unlikly. I mean two kills on a bodyguard who protected is still a kill.
Oh, I completely forgot two people attacking a protected person would kill them.

However, it's still a valid point, and should be taken care of~
Product Placement at 11:32AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
crocty
However, it's still a valid point, and should be taken care of~
I'm thinking of implementing both of these rules, the next time I'm elected as a GM (if nobody has done it beforehand).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 1:51PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
Ok so mystery mafia, two options:

detective can't check office

or

only mafia knows their roles.
Product Placement at 5:20PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Ok so mystery mafia, two options:

detective can't check office

or

only mafia knows their roles.
Explain the bold part.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 5:32PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
No one but the mafia will get their roles at the start of the game. Everyone else will receive their rules after the election.
Product Placement at 5:39PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
Oh… so that way they're all townies to start with. That's pretty clever but I like the secret officials concept better. Maybe because I thought of it ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:52PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Oh… so that way they're all townies to start with. That's pretty clever but I like the secret officials concept better. Maybe because I thought of it ^^

That can work too. I'm deciding on which one to use.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:48PM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
I actually like Niccea's idea better. If Det can't check in on the office then mafia could get both offices without any fear of being found out. Instant win basicly -.-

Product Placement at 5:53AM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I actually like Niccea's idea better. If Det can't check in on the office then mafia could get both offices without any fear of being found out. Instant win basicly -.-
That's too good. The secret officials idea is better IMHO because it's a good middle way. The mafia run at a risk of exposing themselves while they're running, however the ones that do get in can stay hidden.

If they can run unhindered, it's almost an instant win for them. I agree that the game is too hard for the mafia at the moment but the reason why the “only candidates with roles” rule was enforced was because the mafia had landed themselves with a winning formula that seemed unbeatable. It's not surprising that the discussion of implementing this rule started after the 7th game. Around that time the mafia had more wins then the town. All those times, the win occurred because they managed to infiltrate the leadership.

In fact they almost won game 6 because they got both the mayor and the pardoner seat. The reason why they lost was because they became to sure of themselves and revealed their identity early in the game. They figured that by controlling the pardons they could postpone the lynch for three whole days but didn't factor in that by voting to lynch the pardoner, the town could prevent them from using the pardons. They also got unlucky in the game where the mad hatter attacked the paranoid and the vigilante managed to kill one of the mafia members, before biting the bullet himself.

If things had gone slightly differently (the Mafia had been more lucky and not so confident) the win could have easily been to the mafia. Thus the bad guys could have had a five win streak right there.

Also the serial killer win was technically a mafia victory but thanks to crocty the victory was given to the Serial Killer.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 5:57AM, Sept. 18, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Also the serial killer win was technically a mafia victory but thanks to crocty the victory was given to the Serial Killer.

And me! I told him that he should be a good friend for pastel. So did kitty.
Product Placement at 6:13AM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
But it was still Crocty's decision. I'll admit that you guys helped motivate him in making that decision. I myself commented how awesome it would be if the Serial Killer would win since it's such a hard to achieve victory condition, although not impossible one. The “everybody dies” game was technically a Serial killer victory but TFGM made a deal with Salsa to turn me into this giant martyr who killed off the last villains at the expense off my live.

I didn't complain. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:31PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
I actually think it might have something to do with how in the past few games there has been more than 20 players. Maybe it is time to add another role to the mafia. I still like my Mad Bomber Apprentice role idea or the Role Breaker role idea.

kitty17 at 8:43PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement

It was all part of an elaborate plan we had after humorman didn't respond immediately to our PQs. Right before I died I planned out how the rest of the nights could go if all my calculations and assumptions were correct. Mafia win and Serial Killer win.
Crocty didn't want to at first and I was almost sure he wouldn't…but in the end he was convinced. Girls have that affect on him.

Admittedly, I suggested it right after Pastel told me her role…but as I got closer to reaching a win, I didn't want to go through with it either…but I decided to be nice and let Pastel have the win…and helped convince crocty.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:14PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
The “everybody dies” game was technically a Serial killer victory but TFGM made a deal with Salsa to turn me into this giant martyr who killed off the last villains at the expense off my live.

I didn't complain. ^^
I didn't make a deal it was a move of the GM agianst my will -.- I had planned it as revenge for a fallen comrade, who ended up thanking me by killing me in the next game -.-

All in all I still have a bad taste in my mouth from it.

Product Placement at 3:03AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
Oh…. Sorry about that. It's just the way you spoke in the forum, it sounded like it was your idea.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 3:29AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
hmmm, maybe, in regards to the elected roles policy, the detective's powers are not useable during the election, and after the election, s/he can check up on either the mayor or the pardoner, not both. People elected for office would probably still have roles or claim to have roles, but for those claiming to have roles, they would have a 50% chance of being found out. I might incorporate this into my game when i actually win.

crocty at 8:24AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Oh…. Sorry about that. It's just the way you spoke in the forum, it sounded like it was your idea.
I'm pretty sure he directly stated it was his idea. /o\

kitty17
Crocty didn't want to at first and I was almost sure he wouldn't…but in the end he was convinced. Girls have that affect on him.
I lol'd…
Then sighed when I realised that was true.
orz
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:32PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
crocty
Product Placement
I'm pretty sure he directly stated it was his idea. /o\

I stated that I planned out that each player would die. I stated I made a deal with Ag to fulfill this purpose. The thing to make PP a super hero was Salsa's idea. Ag said it was okay and since it was two agianst one and one of the two was the GM I just had to go with it.

I had invisioned PP just being lynched and then directly after have the two last bad guys look at each other then a badass fight broke out. Bomber would be bested but before the killing blow would throw a curse on the Lord of Chaos, saying something like, “You wouldn't dare kill me now. For with my death you shall follow.” To which LoC would reply, “You think this will stop me? My mission, my dreams, my love is CHAOS!” he said with a sick grin spliting his face. “This is for my comrade who could not spread the glory of chaos!” and with those final words his sword descended an with that killing stroke a blast took his life and the world would remember the day the town was killed. With that blast the town was cursed forever more. Who ever lived in it would be forced to kill one another in an reinactment of the Townsivana. *Fade to black*

But instead a townie killed two roles -.-

Product Placement at 12:38PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
But instead a townie killed two roles -.-
Basically, all I asked for was to go out with a stile that befitted Vikings. I wouldn't have minded fighting to death against the combined forces of the agent of chaos and whatever the mad bomber was called(I think alchemist) only to have died in wain but the end results was still the same.

Like I said, I didn't complain. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon