MAFIA... and other forum games

Discussion about Mafia
Product Placement at 1:27PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'm gunning for GM agian. This time I'm going with a Anime Con Theme. When an anime con comes to town everyone decide to get in the spirit and cosplay. Anyone interested in the idea?
Just name the time and place!

P.S. Next GM election thread is up.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Aghammer at 8:40AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
I still think this game could be a lot more interesting for townies without a major overhaul to the general rules.

Angry Townie role:

What if we had a second vigilante role but the new vig. is randomly selected from the existing townie pool at the end of every day cycle. The selected townie can kill one person that night cycle. Any kill from this person would execute last in the nightly stack of activity so that if the person is hit anytime that night (from the mafia or other vig) they die before performing their kill.

Given the fact that vig's tend to kill more townies than mafia I don't think that any changes would be required for the mafia roles.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Hakoshen at 10:28AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
I think that the angry townie or rotating serial killer is an interesting idea. I think I may work it into the next game I want to run, but I don't want to run till game 15.
Thinking about going for a revolution themed, faction based game
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
ParkerFarker at 5:45AM, Aug. 24, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'm gunning for GM agian. This time I'm going with a Anime Con Theme. When an anime con comes to town everyone decide to get in the spirit and cosplay. Anyone interested in the idea?

what is cosplay?

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Niccea at 6:04AM, Aug. 24, 2009
(offline)
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

what is cosplay?
It is acting like it is Halloween when it is not Halloween.

-.- Or rather. It is dressing up like pop culture and anime characters.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
ParkerFarker at 6:22AM, Aug. 24, 2009
(online)
Niccea
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

what is cosplay?

just for the hell of it? That seems like an odd thing to do. But whatever, people can do what they like.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Product Placement at 12:39PM, Aug. 24, 2009
(online)
Niccea
ParkerFarker
what is cosplay?

Well it's slightly more than that. It's dressing AND acting like anime characters.
ParkerFarker
just for the hell of it? That seems like an odd thing to do. But whatever, people can do what they like.
Well… nobody said that it was considered a normal thing. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 5:33PM, Aug. 24, 2009
(online)
Something I did once I heard about the convention scenario (for whenever it gets used or as a one-off).

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
harkovast at 6:25PM, Aug. 27, 2009
(online)
Dont vote for waff! If he is mayor I cant murder him!

Okay, here is a game, niccea and Ochi talked about what would be their mafia dream team….so if you had to pick another three players to join you in a mafia team ,who would you pick?

As of right now I would have-
Crocty- good leadership skills.
Rokulily- She has fancy book smarts ‘un learnin’
Harkoshen- All round reliable go-to guy and team player.

(Waff, you are dead if you dont win this election! DEAD! Your hobo ass is grass!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
waff at 2:43AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
ok yes but hark after all this If I actually do die It's going to be pretty incriminating for you.

Niccea at 9:44AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(offline)
Hark is talking about this question from our interview:

Amanda: In a REAL mafia war, who from the DD Mafia world would you want on your side?

Niccea: ozoneocean – he is too charismatic for his own good.
waff and harkovast – they may be crazy but they make for great comic relief.
humorman – he is a real jerk, but he has his smart moments
Everyone else in the game mafia – so they won’t kill me for leaving them out of the question.

Ochi: Ozone for ~mystical charisma~,
Crocty for tactical intelligence and my own survival,
Harkovast for unlynchability,
Kitty or Rokulily for good fortune.
But then there's Hakoshen, Product Placement, Aghammer, Exzachly, Parker…it's impossible to choose just three or four… -implodes-
crocty at 11:06AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(offline)
Hmm…Well…

Ochi, of course for her street smarts.
Kitty, not just because she'd stab me if I didn't say her, when we were mafia together, she was scarily serious about planning.
The fourth would probably be Harkovast, he was good in reverse mafia, good at fooling everyone. :P

There are others, but I haven't been mafia with them, so it's unsure. Niccea for example, was a great godmother, but…Ack, this is tough!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:22AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
Hhmm I'd want

Ochi: Master clue solver. Can help spin it to face others.
Hark: He'll confuse you right into reading Harkovast thus allowing us to sneak attack.
Niccea: She is trustworthy and she has the ablity to peer into your soul!
Inu: He is a close friend, that I can trust.

Also very disappointed that no one would pick me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Product Placement at 1:36PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
T.T

I'm not anyone's top pick. Well I'll show you all. I'll make my own gang.

With blackjack… and hookers.

I would probably pick Ochi as first choice. She is indeed incredibly good with the whole clue solving. I had to step up my game in the Heaven and Hell game because she told me 5 minutes later who all my clues pointed at.

Second choice… would be Crocty. He's demonstrated time and again that he knows how to play the game.

Then, since I like a bit of randomness, I'd probably pull a Gullas for my last pick (roll a die).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
kitty17 at 2:00PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(offline)
I kinda tried to form my dream team last game when I was the Arch Angel.

Crocty- Someone I'm close to and good for discussing plans and ideas. Also he's a better speech writer than I am.
Ochi- Her clue solving abilities are scary D: Having her on the opposite team would be dangerous.
Then I was stuck between Niccea and Rokulily. They're both really smart players.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Hakoshen at 9:49PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Dont vote for waff! If he is mayor I cant murder him!

Okay, here is a game, niccea and Ochi talked about what would be their mafia dream team….so if you had to pick another three players to join you in a mafia team ,who would you pick?

As of right now I would have-
Crocty- good leadership skills.
Rokulily- She has fancy book smarts ‘un learnin’
Harkoshen- All round reliable go-to guy and team player.

(Waff, you are dead if you dont win this election! DEAD! Your hobo ass is grass!)

Who the hell is that?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 2:47AM, Aug. 29, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
harkovast
Harkoshen
Who the hell is that?
A fusion between Hakoshen and Harkovast. An entity of pure rage and chaos. Quite possibly the most devastating force in this universe.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 7:12AM, Aug. 29, 2009
(online)
I'd take…tfgm or crocty in the vien of ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer’, ochi for clue solving and spinning and… inu or niccea 'cos I trust them.

ParkerFarker at 7:38AM, Aug. 29, 2009
(online)
I would pick myself 3 times, aannddd, maybe PP. You see if I get lynched, no one will think to lynch me again. But if they do think to lynch me again, I have PP as my back-up.

gullas at 5:33PM, Aug. 29, 2009
(offline)
I've been kind of developing a mafia game…

actually it's just pretty standard game, but with some brand new descriptions of the roles.
The setting? An unfolding story. Guess though I'll post my idea in the next, or the next after that, gm election thread :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Salsa at 1:44PM, Aug. 30, 2009
(offline)
My dream team would be Kitty, Crocty, and PP. Why PP and not Ochi? I have horrible luck. PP has good luck and he's from Iceland. I'm a decent strategist though and Kitty and Crocty are pretty decent clue solvers and great planners.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 2:54PM, Aug. 30, 2009
(online)
Salsa
PP has good luck and he's from Iceland.
I think that you're confusing my country with Ireland there.

At least this is the first time I've ever heard the phrase: Luck of the Icelander. ^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:19PM, Aug. 31, 2009
(online)
I guess I'll have to just prove my worth by killing everyone agian. But doing it with a kill role seems to get no response by you lot so I'll have to do it as a nonkill role. If a medic kills everyone you know there awesome.

Also I know the idea to give everyone a killing power was shot down but I don't care if it would be to short. Its a fun idea and I'm going to keep bringing it up until it happens ;D

Product Placement at 5:12AM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
Well monkey. You could always make a monster mash game where everyone's already a monster.

That could be fun… but short. You should also make that rock paper scissor system that I made (silver/garlic/something that kills zombies system). It would make the game more interesting in addition to it lasting a bit longer. The leaders should still be untouchable by the minions while they can still be killed via different monsters.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 5:25AM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
might I suggest, if another monster mash happens (which I'd quite like to see), that instead when a person turns into a zombie, that person represents like 20 zombies or… I dunno, it's just the zombies I think of aren't powerful, a werewolf or vampire could whoop a zombie's arse any old day. Or maybe even a completely different monster.

crocty at 9:27AM, Sept. 2, 2009
(offline)
ParkerFarker
might I suggest, if another monster mash happens (which I'd quite like to see), that instead when a person turns into a zombie, that person represents like 20 zombies or… I dunno, it's just the zombies I think of aren't powerful, a werewolf or vampire could whoop a zombie's arse any old day. Or maybe even a completely different monster.
Ninjas vs Pirates vs Cyborgs
That would work, they're all pretty evenly matched.
Except pirates of course, ninjas would kill them so bad.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Niccea at 12:15PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(offline)
Star Trek vs Star Wars? You know the fanboys are always fighting over the two…think about it.

The paranoid could be the red shirt that is aware of the fact that he is going to die.

Darth Vader can be the godfather.
Product Placement at 12:38PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Star Trek vs Star Wars
And Klingons are veterans?

I'm currently entertaining the idea of running again. I don't know why though. Every time I'm done with the next game I tell to myself: “Boy, that sure was time consuming and borderline difficult. I'm sure as hell not gonna do that again anytime soon.” Then before I know it, I'm putting my name down in the next election.

Seriously man, I'm sick.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:08PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
crocty
ParkerFarker
Ninjas vs Pirates vs Cyborgs
That would work, they're all pretty evenly matched.
Except pirates of course, ninjas would kill them so bad.
I'm a Gunslinger. We are the evolution of pirates. Pirates go to Cowboys which go to Camandos which goes to Gunslingers.

Will anyway I'm going with Topsy Turvy theme. You see the shipping people messed up an order. This slip up sent the townies the gun shipment ment for the mafia and the shipment of first aid kits, survail guides, and how to be a detective for dummies book to the mafia. This slip up gives an extra kill role to all townie roles and gives an extra townie ablitiy((Vet, Vig, Med and Det)) to all mafia :D.

The fun thing is you can use both powers at once! So Medics can kill and save lives, Regular mafia could protect and kill. A giant headache you say?! Only for me folks. You all get the injoyment of fast, super power pacted game.

waff at 2:58PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
I like this Idea.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon