Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
Custard Trout at 1:16PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
I wish I could work hard. I wish I could work at all. I'm a lazy, unmotivated sack of shite and I hate it. What's worse is that it's almost impossible to drag myself out of it, even though nothing is really stopping me.

It's like dangling over a cliff, there's a rope, a helicopter, a rescue team and still I can't climb to safety.

I also wish my head wasn't fucked up, but I suppose if it wasn't the government wouldn't pay for my education and I'd be in the same boat but without a paddle.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
SarahN at 6:41PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
Okay, WHAT is up with my fricking EYES?! I can't focus on the computer anymore; I keep getting these blur-bouts…feels like I'm going cross-eyed or something. (I'm already near-sighted FYI. I don't need glasses while playing the computer.) It's been doing this the last couple of days and it's bugging me. I wanna work on stuff but my eyes are saying “nooo you don't”.

You can't go blind playing too much computer can you?! X_x;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Croi Dhubh at 7:54PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
New Rules For 2008

New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them!? Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days–mowing my lawn.

New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Trout?

New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule : The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a “decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet,” ooh, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering my PIN number, pressing “Enter”, verifying the amount, deciding “No, I don't want cash back!”, and pressing “Enter” again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. Oh, and it translates to “beef with broccoli.” The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S . Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait!? They're already doing that. It's called “The Howard Stern Show.”

New Rule: I don't need a bigger mega M I keep getting these blur-bouts…feels like I'm going cross-eyed or something. (I'm already near-sighted FYI. I don't need glasses while playing the computer.) It's been doing this the last couple of days and it's bugging me. I wanna work on stuff but my eyes are saying “nooo you don't”.

You can't go blind playing too much computer can you?! X_x;

You have atrophy in your eyes. Trust me, take a break before you do some serious damage.

Muscles in your eyes are weak from not moving and being stationary. Keep taking 15 minute breaks for each hour you work…and I don't mean watching TV. Read or something so your eyes move.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
SarahN at 10:25PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
Croi Dhubh
You have atrophy in your eyes. Trust me, take a break before you do some serious damage.

Muscles in your eyes are weak from not moving and being stationary. Keep taking 15 minute breaks for each hour you work…and I don't mean watching TV. Read or something so your eyes move.
O_o Ooh, thanks for the tip!
How about video games? =/ Sorry, I just don't have much to do that doesn't involve a screen. XP And I'm lacking in the books department. I'll still start taking breaks though.
Croi Dhubh at 10:58PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
Video games won't help much since you're still concentrating on a very small area of focus. Reading a book forces your eyes to move left and right, where as sitting back from a screen allows you to keep your eyes reasonably stationary still.

Oh, and I have a MySpace, so add me, people…I worked hard on getting the layout all cool, too

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
Custard Trout at 6:29AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
Myspace is satan.

Why the fuck doesn't the shop at my Uni sell deodrant or shower gel? I had to walk all the way into town just to get some, and then I couldn't find any shower gel anywhere anyway, so I just spent an hour getting one fucking thing. Grah.
chii at 11:00AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
Custard Trout
Myspace is satan.

Yes! Its eviiiil, super evil, its so evil that Dr. Evil would be called Dr. Nice because its so evil. >:O Seriously Dr. Evil is like the evilest next to Myspace.
qdawg
Chii you are an everflowing fountain of lol.
Someone basicly said
Condemning someone for internet art theft… That's like saying that you hate someone forever because they took a shit in your toilet. Or something.
“With her +2 mace of unfriendliness… She hath slayeth The bunny.” -Chii :cat:
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Croi Dhubh at 3:32PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
chii
Custard Trout
Myspace is satan.

Yes! Its eviiiil, super evil, its so evil that Dr. Evil would be called Dr. Nice because its so evil. >:O Seriously Dr. Evil is like the evilest next to Myspace.
It's not the technology or the site that's evil, but how it's used by whom

Puff_Of_Smoke at 7:19PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
chii
Because it requires additional pettings.

The two of them get enough pettings…

Selffish though they may be, I can't get rid of them… It's the cuteness.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
Croi Dhubh at 7:33PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
Okay…have to get it out…

Not everyone listens to music to relax, damn it. Sometimes I listen to music to get me amped up for action ideas on my comics or even animations. Sometimes I just feel like listening to people like Kid Rock saying, “I'm an American bad ass! Watch me kick. You can roll with Rock, or you can suck my dick!” or Hollywood Undead singing, “That's when we…that's when we ride on bitches. You fucking faggot snitches. So don't you try, we're packin` 9's, we leave you dead in ditches.” Why? Because I'm just in the mood.

Other times I'll listen to Enya, Loreena McKennitt, or Hayley Westenra (hell, even Tori Amos, seeing as I knew her back in the day) when I'm feeling like writing or relaxing. I don't always feel like listening to John Denver, Kill Hannah, Metallica or even Linkin Park.

Get off my back about it.

————
And my avatar keeps bouncing back to the old one with the tan polo shirt and martial arts BG…

kyupol at 8:28AM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
Whats the point of having very very tiny font in an online comics?

That stuff hurts my eyes. Please make it at least size 12 verdana. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Custard Trout at 9:04AM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
kyupol

It can be used to convey whispering, or something said in the background such as an additional joke or just simple background noise.
kyupol at 1:15PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
kyupol

It can be used to convey whispering, or something said in the background such as an additional joke or just simple background noise.

What if its the whole darn comic with size 7 font. AAGGGH!!!

Custard Trout at 1:18PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
Maybe they are all discussing something they all want to keep a secret.

I hate essays, they suck.
Croi Dhubh at 7:37PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
I'm good on the essays, but I hate the super small font on webcomics.

I have practical test outs tomorrow…a little nervous as most are Pass/Fail, but I know what I'm doing and just need to trust my partners

Custard Trout at 11:45PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
You know when you close your eyes really tight and open them quickly you get those coloured blotches floating in front of your eyes? There's a tiny dot similar to that that keeps flitting around in my vision and I can't get rid of the thing. It's like a very quiet fly that won't bugger off.
Insane Video Gamer at 1:33PM, Dec. 8, 2007
(offline)
gaahhhhhhhhhh my teeth hurt!!!! Stupid braces….
RANT MODE ON
My step-grandma has breast cancer! I had to clean the house today! I have a headache! We don't have any Tylonel in the house! I have seriously bad cramps! No meds for that, either! My back hurts! People take my words and twist them into horrible lies!!!! ARRRGHHHHH!!!!
RANT MODE OFF
But on the other side of the fence, I sent a Christmas card to my friend in Lansing. ^_^
My comic link is:
Random Insane Sprite Comic
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
SarahN at 2:20PM, Dec. 8, 2007
(online)
Insane Video Gamer
gaahhhhhhhhhh my teeth hurt!!!! Stupid braces….
Try having braces, a palette spacer, teeth spacers, and then headgear to top it off.

Only to have your teeth go crooked afterwards anyway.
Croi Dhubh at 3:38PM, Dec. 8, 2007
(offline)
I passed all of my practicals with a 692 out of 700 for a 98.8% overall! Also, I might have the highest pass of the group.

Custard Trout
You know when you close your eyes really tight and open them quickly you get those coloured blotches floating in front of your eyes? There's a tiny dot similar to that that keeps flitting around in my vision and I can't get rid of the thing. It's like a very quiet fly that won't bugger off.
It's just dead cells in your eyes that are normally flushed away but remain. I get them every so often. There's no harm to it.

crazyninny at 7:12PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
I went to an interview today to be sent to Japan for a week as a delegate…

What if I did something wrong there!?! There were 3 people there taking NOTES as I talked! NOTES!!! What if I said something wrong?! Something stupid!?! What if I said something so stupid that I won't go to Japan!?!? What if I wasn't dressed nice enough!?!? I think the shoes I wore just wasn't working out, what if that takes my chance away??!

Aaaahhhh Gggooooddddd!!! *Rolls up in a fetus position.* … … … Maybe I should run and hide… I won't know if I'll get accepted for a week or 2, but what if I don't get accepted? I worked really hard these 2 years just to go, but what if I don't go? I'll just DIE if I get rejected!

Aaaaaahhhhh!!! *Rolls around in her own tears.*
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
kyupol at 8:06PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
I went to an interview today

Those things are about selling yourself. If you are comfortable smiling, by all means. But if you happened to be in a not too good mood that you cant feel like smiling, just DONT fake it. The interviewer isnt that stupid. They'll know you're being a fake. lol

Though during interviews, (I been through a string of them a couple years ago before landing my current office job), the man talking to the HR is NOT me.

(ooh… kyupol is trying to make himself ‘mysterious’ ooh. wow.) lol!
Ozoneocean at 8:20PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
AGH!!!!! ARRRGH! Those Damn Kookaburras!!!!!! FORKING KOOKABURRAS!!!! THOSE BIG HEADED LITTLE BASTARDS!!!!!!

Kookaburras are medium sized birds with with bloody massive heads that can't stop laughing all day. They cackle loudly and maniacally all day long, screaming with loud raucous, insane laughter…

Well a bunch of the fat headed hilarious bastards had recently taken over my backyard. I didn't care, I found it interesting. Their loud cackles are a lot nicer than the even louder carking of the big stinky ravens who they displaced…

But the thing was; WHY were they there?

Fish had gone missing from my pond…

Kookaburras are part of the kingfisher family of birds…

Today I have PROOF.

I saw one of the beefy headed buggers fly down to the pond and then fly back up to a branch to laugh with his three other pals some time later. He was sopping wet.

Then I saw another one fly down, so I went up to watch it. It looked over at me and then just walked up to the pond side anyway and started looking for fish! The cheeky little bastard!

So now I've had to cover my pond… I hope my fish breed back up again, I can't be bothered buying new ones :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
kyupol at 8:36PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
AGH!!!!! ARRRGH! Those Damn Kookaburras!!!!!! FORKING KOOKABURRAS!!!! THOSE BIG HEADED LITTLE BASTARDS!!!!!!

Kookaburras are medium sized birds with with bloody massive heads that can't stop laughing all day. They cackle loudly and maniacally all day long, screaming with loud raucous, insane laughter…

Well a bunch of the fat headed hilarious bastards had recently taken over my backyard. I didn't care, I found it interesting. Their loud cackles are a lot nicer than the even louder carking of the big stinky ravens who they displaced…

But the thing was; WHY were they there?

Fish had gone missing from my pond…

Kookaburras are part of the kingfisher family of birds…

Today I have PROOF.

I saw one of the beefy headed buggers fly down to the pond and then fly back up to a branch to laugh with his three other pals some time later. He was sopping wet.

Then I saw another one fly down, so I went up to watch it. It looked over at me and then just walked up to the pond side anyway and started looking for fish! The cheeky little bastard!

So now I've had to cover my pond… I hope my fish breed back up again, I can't be bothered buying new ones :(

Croi Dhubh at 10:01PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
HAHAHAHAH people are so funny and pitiful in my police academy sometimes.

I got a practical test out score of 692 out of 700 points resulting in a 98% overall, right? Not once did I go around bragging about it and only told people who asked what I had.

During the Domestic Violence scenario, people were failing it left and right because they'd search the people and miss a weapon. That means a goose egg for a grade on the practical and only up to 25 points available for writing the case report.

Well, my group got a 70 out of 75 points because we didn't establish Criminal Mischief on the female, but we found all the weapons, kept the scene under control, and asked the right questions. We were the only ones besides one other group that went after us to pass it at all.

Well, today people decided to start whining and crying about it, mostly because it was the last class of the entire academy. Our final test is Tuesday, so they think it's okay to start acting like a bunch of infants.

What's funny is that Jason Jarret (no names changed to protect anyone) straight told me, “You guys fucking cheated and went almost dead last. I'm sick of hearing about the groups who did 95 or 100 *giving Scot the stink eye* Because they fucking cheated!”

When I told him that I also did 97 on my building searches, he said, “Well, I went in first and didn't do that well, but you did, so what's that say! Seventeen weeks and I'm fucking tired of having to share the area with you, Pass.” At that point I simply laughed and let him know that if he needs to make up those kinds of excuses, then he's more than welcome to. He tried saying that he was doing better academically, but, agian, I pointed out that he failed at least one of the tests, which I haven't, and I have a 90+ in Law, 92+ in Criminal Elements, and a 95+ in Procedures. He wasn't too happy about that and decided to just go around talking shit to everyone. You know, being real mature for a 32 year old married man going into law enforcement.

I can't believe he tried to say I cheated on the building searches too…which is impossible to have done. You're graded on your skills, tactics, and finding the person. Oh, and let's not forget that Sgt. Dombeck gave everyone a clue before doing it. “You bastards better not lay me down next to a toilet!” The guy said it to the entire class.

When Tarnoff called Jarret on it, Jarret got all defensive and said he would NEVER say something like that, and he'd tell it to his face if he did. What a sack of shit.

At least I know, and the departments Jarret's applied to knows, that he's a huge liability and will have a difficult time getting hired anywhere.

Serves him right for having sat through almost every class playing Internet games and fucking off during application of skills for each class. It's not a game.

Cody Schroeder (SO31), Summit County Sheriff picked him up, tried talking shit as well. I simply reminded him that I don't see him in the top 90% range. The kid needs to understand that I, too, have done 5 years as a Police Explorer, I have an AS in Administration of Justice, I've been certified through California POST A, B, and C, and I was in the Army as Military Police (31-B). In addition, I have more life experience than he does by nearly seven years. I'm glad he got picked up because he was an Explorer with that department for as long as he was, but I'm more marketable than he is and have more actual experience.

Custard Trout at 11:23PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I have a fuck ton of work to be doing, and what do I do instead? I dick around on the fucking internet, posting in these forums, lurking on another, reading a humour site. All the while thinking just one, then do your essay. I shouldn't have fucking stayed up, now I have no work done and I'm sleep deprived.

Essay to finish for the eighteenth and I'm exactly one hundred and twenty five words in. I've got a film to make before Christmas because the bloody exchange student ended up on my fucking team. I haven't dared think about the animation I haven't even fucking come up with any ideas for yet.

And I'm being super duper productive by whining about it instead of actually doing it. What the fuck is wrong with me?
Katch at 11:45PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
it's fuckin cold =_=
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Ozoneocean at 3:55AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(online)
That police academy story was pretty good.
Tell me, What score did Hightower give you? And did you manage to cop a feel from Sgt Callahan???? I bet Mahoney cheated again
kyupol
Ha! that's the bastard there! Actually these one's heads are fatter and they laugh more. But that one there is obviously laughing at me. :(

I had another look this afternoon and they were still at it! one end was partially uncovered and they were still getting in! Sneaky whatsits…

But then my tomcat came and guarded it so all's well. And I covered it all up again -_-

LOOK! Look at that freakishly massive head, it's bigger than the rest of its body:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Croi Dhubh at 12:23PM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
That police academy story was pretty good.
Tell me, What score did Hightower give you? And did you manage to cop a feel from Sgt Callahan???? I bet Mahoney cheated again
Cop a feel…I see what you did there.

I think I'm actually the highest test out in the entire academy this go round

shaneronzio at 12:41PM, Dec. 10, 2007
(online)
wow…bummer about the fish pond.

———–

Just had to throw out there that it is monday…the sky is a Cold wet old bone Grey and at high noon, it looks like twilight from the Dense Chunk of Clouds that hover…loom over the P.A. skyline.
Every thing outside is cold and wet and dirt covered…

the trees are dead. the flowers …dead.
Elvis is Dead…J.F.Kennedy is Dead, Roland of Gilead is Dead…Eddie Dean of New York is dead…Oh Discordia.

There is about an hour of “daytime” left.

These sort of days make me want to drink.

alot.

Well…back to the ol' Art table.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
Custard Trout at 1:06PM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
shaneronzio
Something about death.

I love days like that, when the entire world seems to stopped, and you can finally go at your own pace. Wonderful. I love winter.

I hate summer. It's hot, it's sticky and sweaty and people wear less clothes and I have to look at their doughy, pasty flesh. Urgh. There are bugs everywhere, there're children around, it's too dry. The only thing I don't hate about summer is the ending.

Also I can't wear my coat. I feel naked and unprotected without it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon