Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
gullas at 6:29AM, Oct. 9, 2011
(offline)
ayesinbackwrote:
I've been up for an hour and fifteen. why? Why, on a Sunday, do I awake at 5 AM?

the quiet is kinda nice
So I have this hunch that I might be alergic to coffe, or at least it makes my stomach sick for bout 48 hours or so. I wonder if there is coffaholics anonymous….
last edited on Oct. 9, 2011 11:00AM
ayesinback at 9:15AM, Oct. 9, 2011
(online)
Did you eat? Strong coffee can be near-devastating on an empty stomach.

Wow, I may be crazy, but I got a lot done in those extra 2-1/2 hours. not that this is going to be a new habit, if I can help it.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
gullas at 11:11AM, Oct. 9, 2011
(offline)
Well, it does not matter if I'm on full, half or empty stomach. Which kind of reminds me of food, mmm food….
HippieVan at 9:09PM, Oct. 9, 2011
(online)
I can never stomach much caffeine no matter what I've eaten. Even a small ice cap makes me feel a little bleh. I also tend to feel jittery and anxious rather than energized. But ice caps are so delicious. : (
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Lonnehart at 9:29PM, Oct. 9, 2011
(online)
Watched the newest episode of Transformers Prime. Now the Autobots (with an unexpected ally's help) are going to prevent the Transformers version of 2012… basically the giant planet eating robot that is actually Earth fully awakening and ending the world by transforming… I wonder what kind of feelings it would envoke when the last image you see is a giant robot transforming fromthat hunk of rock whichonce was planet Earth…

Okay. Back to Mass Effect 2…. and recruiting a test tube alien.
last edited on Oct. 9, 2011 9:30PM
bravo1102 at 1:21AM, Oct. 10, 2011
(offline)
I did my own version of 24 hours of comic work this past weekend at work. Since the security cellphone got wet and prompty died I was trapped in the office.

So out came the laptop and the last bits of the script and I pounded out the last 20 page layoutsof my current comic. Of course the following morning I realized it requires arewrite because Ileft out an important panel.

The wife is in rehab in a nearby town and called for me to do yet another care-package. She asked for 3/4 sleeve shirts. Now she demands t-shirts because she's hot. I bring it over to the neighbor to drop off. Now when I was recovering from nearly breaking my head open in my fall down an elevator shaft I forgot I had offered to put together a cable splitter for her. She hasn't forgiven me and never will. I don't often see daggers in eyes, but I saw them yesterday when I dropped off the stuff. Her husband now has a scooter as he is no longer mentally capable to use a bicycle. I've known him for over 18 years and he has no idea who I am. But I'm all too accustomed to this now as I see this at work everyday.

Niccea at 5:52AM, Oct. 10, 2011
(offline)
My puppy has been sick all weekend and she is worse today. She is a Jack Russell and by definition is usually bouncing off the walls and showing other signs of ADD. She is sleeping right now which is not normal. Her eyes are puffy and bloody from scratching them. And there are red bumps all over her muzzle. Since I don't have enough time to run her to the vet (my dad) and then get to work, my mom will be coming to pick her up. I will most likely find it difficult to concentrate today.
ayesinback at 9:15AM, Oct. 10, 2011
(online)
@Niccea - sorry your Jack Russell is unwell - hope he'll be feeling better soon.
@bravo - I'm so sorry your wife (and you) have to go thru this ordeal. Ironic that the infirmed are called “patient” when that goes out the window so quickly.

It's barely noon and this day is F'd.

I have just about met my quota with arrogant, know-it-all personalities who find it an ongoing mission to browbeat others into a subserviant position when it comes to opinions. I'm beginning to think I must bring it out in people because I encounter this aggressiveness with some family members, at work – in fact, few arenas are devoid.

If these discussions were about facts, I could understand the ready dismissal of someone ignorant of fact. But I'm talking about opinions.

and the on-going repurcussions of the flood. We've had to face facts and realize another loss - yards of oak wainscotting ruined. rip it out - re-do the walls. no money to re-do the wainscotting tho.

If I could blink and just add 12 hours to this day so it would be over already, I would.
last edited on Oct. 10, 2011 9:31AM
Genejoke at 10:49AM, Oct. 10, 2011
(online)
Now have my cable ready to switch over next week, should only be down for 24 hours tops… I can hope this holds true.
Ozoneocean at 2:43AM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
Now have my cable ready to switch over next week, should only be down for 24 hours tops… I can hope this holds true.
Well that'll be your internet down for 5 days then… Going buy all I've heard of British Internet and phone companies :(

Soooo fricken tired every day for about 7 days now. I thought I wasn't eating enough or getting enough sleep, so I got lots of both and it doesn't help. Coffee doesn't help either. Yesterday I was falling asleep at my keyboard. Today I feel half dead. It's horrible.
Genejoke at 5:22AM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
Wel that's better than I actually expect. O know the tired thing too, I think the stress is taking its toll on me. can barely keep my eyes open or lift my feet, yet have so much to do, coffee number four of the day in progress.
HippieVan at 8:14AM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
I was scheduled for a truck-unloading shift today, but my boss just called and said the truck got into an accident(the driver is okay) and I'm not needed today. I'm torn between being unhappy that I lost hours, and happy to have a day off.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
bravo1102 at 12:14PM, Oct. 11, 2011
(offline)
Visited the wife again in Rehab. It's a nice ride through some really open rural country to get there. Middle of nowhere Monouth County; the real Garden State.

Everytime I talk to her I get a list of more stuff to bring her and now we're down to tank tops. First she asked for 3/4 sleeves. Okay delivered.
I'm too hot. Short sleeves. Delivered
Tank tops I'm still too hot. That was today.

She had prime rib for lunch which I just missed and it smelled so good. All the way home I was salivating for a nice juicy hamburger. I get home and I nuke a chicken breast. Breakfast was good I make some salsa and eggs. Yum. Maybe whenI finally go shopping I'll get some bacon.

Meanwhile on the home front I'm playing batchelor and trying to procrastinate about everything except laundry and washing dishes. We have to figure out how she'll fit in the housewith the walker and wheel chair. We'll need the back door installed and bathroom expanded. And here I am typing this.
Lonnehart at 6:11PM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
Wow… why did I do it?Why did I go ahead and entertain that idea in Mass Effect 2?!?

Yeah… I actually went to the Sol System, then scanned and shot automated resource sensing devices into the seventh planet of that system…

And they probably stink by now… And Ithink I've got a stomach ache…

Oh, well… maybe I can find the PU-36 Space Modulator and head to Mars with it, then use it to blow up that blue/green planet that keeps obstructing my view of Venus…
last edited on Oct. 11, 2011 6:24PM
rokulily at 8:53PM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
… whenever this one friend contacts me its like walking into a korean drama… or sometime a spanish soap opera. either way i am now invited to a very awkward wedding
Ozoneocean at 10:14PM, Oct. 11, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:

Oh, well… maybe I can find the PU-36 Space Modulator and head to Mars with it, then use it to blow up that blue/green planet that keeps obstructing my view of Venus…
No need! Here it is, nice and clear: http://www.drunkduck.com/A_View_of_Venus/

:)
last edited on Oct. 11, 2011 10:16PM
Ozoneocean at 12:30AM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
UGH! Those noisy great blackhawks are wallowing around about my house again. One is circling and circling… looks like people are dangling their legs out the doors.

Piss off…
Lonnehart at 4:48AM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
UGH! Those noisy great blackhawks are wallowing around about my house again. One is circling and circling… looks like people are dangling their legs out the doors.

Piss off…
Ugh… that must sound worse than the Air Force hornets that keep screaming over my house as they fly over…
Ozoneocean at 8:44AM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Ugh… that must sound worse than the Air Force hornets that keep screaming over my house as they fly over…
What? o_O

No way man!
Hornets are MUCH worse. You have those noisy sky-Harley's buzzing you constantly?
That must be a nightmare. :(

———–

OK, I've had a nap after feeling deathly tired… Now I'm up to finish off my feature comic for tomorrow. Sometimes I think Skool and I work almost as much on DD as our day jobs…
Lonnehart at 7:55PM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Lonnehart wrote:
What? o_O

No way man!
Hornets are MUCH worse. You have those noisy sky-Harley's buzzing you constantly?
That must be a nightmare. :(

———–

OK, I've had a nap after feeling deathly tired… Now I'm up to finish off my feature comic for tomorrow. Sometimes I think Skool and I work almost as much on DD as our day jobs…
Not really. They don't hover over my house with their screaming engines. Now if it were Harrier jets or the Navy versions of the F-35…

And I guess they're doing training exercises due to the current tensions in the South China Sea…

I think I'll start my game all over again. Credits are very hard to find and I can't afford all the upgrades. And I've been told that I need to upgrade everything in order to face that final mission… whatever it is…
Ozoneocean at 8:22PM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
I think I'll start my game all over again. Credits are very hard to find and I can't afford all the upgrades. And I've been told that I need to upgrade everything in order to face that final mission… whatever it is…
You don't need every single upgrade… just all the ones for the ship (except the scar removal thing).
ANyway, completing the final mission brings you a lovely cash bonus for your next playthrough, so it's worth finishing before starting again.
Lonnehart at 1:08AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Lonnehart wrote:
You don't need every single upgrade… just all the ones for the ship (except the scar removal thing).
ANyway, completing the final mission brings you a lovely cash bonus for your next playthrough, so it's worth finishing before starting again.
Wow… this game was… short. And I took what would be the “canon” choice. Even though I was going Paragon all the way I took the renegade choice in the end based on the previews I've seen of Mass Effect 3… where members of Cerberus have apparently been indoctrinated by the Reapers… This should be interesting…
bravo1102 at 8:57AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
Jets are much more interesting to watch at low altitude than helicopters. Unless it's like a fleet of Chinooks carrying hummers and artillery pieces. A Blackhawk is absolutely stealthy compared to a Chinook.

But jets are just so cool. Even on the landing path to Newark airport where they're so low you can read the tail numbers.

But nothing ever beat the Jersey Devil F-16sflying over the beach that morning. WOOO-eeee

It started to rain last night and I got called into work. My brain feels like it's sloshing around in my head and I can't focus the eyes. But I gota lotof my panels done for the DD awards.

Now if I can just figure how to fit in the topless swordfight I shot I'd be set.
skoolmunkee at 9:00AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
Lonne- it can be short if you're just doing the story missions, but there's lots of them hidden around the planets if you go looking. EDI will tell you there's an anomaly. Most people spend about 40 hours to do a full playthrough.

But yeah, unless you have the DLC you won't have enough to buy EVERYTHING in all the stores. But the only ones you need-need are the ship ones, which you don't have to buy in stores anyway.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Genejoke at 9:38AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
So tired. Moving house, well flat/maisonette thing. Moving two doors up from an average sized three bedroom one with no garden or anything. The new place is much larger has an extra bedroom and has a garden. nearly twice the size. The downside is that there are a lot of steps, my legs are killing me.
Lonnehart at 2:20PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Lonne- it can be short if you're just doing the story missions, but there's lots of them hidden around the planets if you go looking. EDI will tell you there's an anomaly. Most people spend about 40 hours to do a full playthrough.

But yeah, unless you have the DLC you won't have enough to buy EVERYTHING in all the stores. But the only ones you need-need are the ship ones, which you don't have to buy in stores anyway.
So I've been told. I was glad when none of the squad members died during the run towards the Collector base. I just wish there were more ship upgrades to find…

Looking forward to Mass Effect 3? :)
bravo1102 at 2:21PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
Ever critique a book online? Then when the long awaited sequel comes out a lot of your critiques are addressed almost verbatim? And you know the author couldn't have read your mind because it's all too flippingly obvious that he read your posts?
I hate that. Even if there is an off-hand remark in the acknowledgements thanking fans and critics for their online input.
One of the people responsible for the Cold War called his memoir “Present at Creation” because he had been there when so much of the world as known at the time of writing came together.
Sometimes I feel like that. Except, no one will ever, ever give me credit for anything let alone acknowledge my influence anywhere.
But I've had it nonetheless and it's been far greater than I can imagine.

Then there was the guy who plagarized an article I'd forgotten I'd written a dozen years ago. Sure he expanded it with lots of great hints and tips, but it was my article. Then he's the one who gets hailed as a great genius. Story of my life.
ayesinback at 6:16PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
no one will ever, ever give me credit for anything let alone acknowledge my influence anywhere.

BRAVO CAME UP WITH THE SPOTS IDEA FOR THE RADIO PLAY.
yay! woo!! way to go, Man. And Awesome comic pages. FOUR of them!!!

Yay!!

*the Czarina may snooze, but she tries to keep the Imperial guard appreciated in her very small way*
last edited on Oct. 13, 2011 6:17PM
Ozoneocean at 8:47PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
Yeah, we've mentioned our Bravo a lot throughout our Quackcasts…
Lonnehart at 9:03PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
…. must…. get… poptart… star travelling kitty… out of my head…one reason to avoid viral videos like a minefield…

I guess I should shut down or play through Mass Effect 2 again to try and purge this thing out of my head… urgh…

And my “addiction” to giving out headshots… with a PISTOL has come back. I've had it for a very long while. Ever since that one time I played Firearms (a mod for Halflife)… I was armed with an anaconda and was lining up a sniper in the sights (yes… this Anaconda Magnum has a sight scope). Let's just say nearly about the same time I pulled the trigger on the thing the sniper stood up for a moment, thendropped on his face… and left behind a huge red splotch on the wall behind him… I guess the Soldier/Shocktrooper class aims very well with a pistol…

And now I'm sure one of these days some crazed Mass Effect fan will try to create a show called “The Biotic Woman” based on the 70's/80's show opposite of the Six Million Dollar Man…
last edited on Oct. 13, 2011 9:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon