Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
PIT_FACE at 9:11AM, Oct. 21, 2011
(online)
isnt that funny, i was just comming here to rave about you and Skool the same way!
i had a GREAT time! i hope everyone enjoys it as much as i did.

Ozoneocean at 9:40AM, Oct. 21, 2011
(online)
Guests like you, Zac, Ayes and others we've had make doing this whole Quackcast thing so much more fun and interesting!

I have to say, the whole idea of doing a podcast about some subject or other can be pretty daunting- You have to research into it so you actually have something to talk about and THEN you have to talk about it for almost a whole hour… And that every week. ugh!

But with great guests it makes it so much more fun to do and they bring far more expertise and a much more interesting perspective to the subject!

We have a cool halloweenie Quackcast for Tuesday now!
ayesinback at 11:20AM, Oct. 21, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:

We have a cool halloweenie Quackcast for Tuesday now!
with Pit!?! AWESOME! I'll be listening.

um - curious - how many times did you have to bleep? :P
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
seventy2 at 8:43PM, Oct. 21, 2011
(online)
i think they just bleeped the whole section.
I don't like what's going on. i don't like where things are going. but i am going to make the best of it. Anyone looking for a place to live? i need a roommate.
——–
lol edit

i posted this, and it gave me a scientology ad. hillarious.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on Oct. 21, 2011 9:01PM
Ozoneocean at 9:44PM, Oct. 21, 2011
(online)
@Ayes- Not once, Pit was a perfect princess of purity, peace, patience and priestly prudence!

@Seventy- so you're flying solo again? What happened to the house? D:
Lonnehart at 1:46AM, Oct. 22, 2011
(online)
Feh… some of my coworkers think my version of Shepard in Mass Effect is too… “unrealistic”. So what's supposed to happen when he loses his entire family, then an entire unit, then finally his potential love interest? According to them he must be played as a renegade because someone who loses so much wouldn't be a very nice person in the end…

Have to play through ME1 and 2 again. Lost my ME1 files when my XB360 malfunctioned, including the hard drive. I hear there are consequences im ME3 when it comes out that will be carried over from ME1. I wonder what those are…
seventy2 at 10:33AM, Oct. 22, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:

so far she's letting me keep everything except the dogs. The one thing i'm willing to fight for. The call for a roommate, was a call to live with me, because when the divorce is final, i get less money, which makes me unable to afford a house.

I will overcome.
facara
Lonnehart at 1:26PM, Oct. 22, 2011
(online)
seventy2 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

so far she's letting me keep everything except the dogs. The one thing i'm willing to fight for. The call for a roommate, was a call to live with me, because when the divorce is final, i get less money, which makes me unable to afford a house.

I will overcome.
Well… Not sure about how you will handle it, but living alone means having a lot of time on my hands… and sleeping a bit more than I should. Or going out and doing all the chores and cooking by yourself (but you get to choose what you're going to eat if you can make it). Still, getting a divorce is not a great thing… :(
bravo1102 at 2:51AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(offline)
seventy2 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

I will overcome.
Really feel for you. Watching the slow ten year implosion of my brother's marriage has been painful. You're better off making a complete break.
Lonnehart at 2:55AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
Well, finally have my monitor back and my eyes feel a little bit better. The excess yellow of this forum is still trying to fry my retinas. O_O

Oh, well… at least I can start drawing again without worrying about my monitor turning cyan and dark at random, causing me to unsubtly tap it to get the picture back to normal. And not a moment too soon. It was becoming extremely difficult to fix the picture on the CRT. Well worth the $80 I paid for the repair. Parts were free; it could've been expensive. Something about the power inversion board on the thing being fried and having to be replaced… And here I thought it was just a few blown capacitors.

And now I'm starting to wonder if Microsoft skimped out on some of the XB360's power… Soon as I get to the Noveria labs and end up having to turn on the generator I notice very bad graphics lag in that area. Something my old XB360 didn't do. Then again the thing felt very hot when I started playing through that area… wow…
last edited on Oct. 24, 2011 3:23AM
Ozoneocean at 4:04AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
@Lonne- I'm surprised about lag in ME1 (or ME2) on the xbox… Graphically it's a really simple game. Hooray for getting the monitor back too!

@Seventy- that's really shitty man. Maybe look for someone currently serving or maybe someone just out who needs a place? I'm sure there are heaps?
Genejoke at 6:13AM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
I feel terrible, been up all night vomiting and stuff, now so tired I can barely function and still feel sick.
Lonnehart at 3:16PM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Lonne- I'm surprised about lag in ME1 (or ME2) on the xbox… Graphically it's a really simple game. Hooray for getting the monitor back too!
Well… the only reasons why I think the graphics started lagging was either because it was overheating or I was probably downloading something at the time… I don't remember if the Guardian Heroes demo I was downloading was done or not while I was playing Mass Effect (which I installed onto the hard drive in hopes of eliminating the loading times).

Went and played ME2 just for the heck of it and…
Did that salarian doctor just sing?!?
last edited on Oct. 24, 2011 6:46PM
seventy2 at 8:38PM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
I feel terrible, been up all night vomiting and stuff, now so tired I can barely function and still feel sick.
run it out!!
—————–
my best friend just told me, he told my wife that i had slept with other people. welp, i just lost two friends.
facara
HippieVan at 9:07PM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
seventy2 wrote:
my best friend just told me, he told my wife that i had slept with other people. welp, i just lost two friends.
That's terrible, why would he do that?

My boss just hired one of her friends. I think her plan must be to get rid of us originals soon enough. Even without worrying about myself, though, I wish I could explain to her that the store will go way downhill if she just hires her friends. I feel somewhat of a personal connection to the store and its customers, and I wouldn't like to see that.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Lonnehart at 11:07PM, Oct. 24, 2011
(online)
Just finished Mass Effect… again. Not sure how many times I've gotten to the end of that game. But I just realized something the moment I put that final shotgun blast into that husk that used to be a Turian… Mass Effect 2 is way too short. I guess the fast paced action in the sequel has something to do with it… Then again I have yet to get all the DLCs for that game, and it'll be some time before Mass Effect 3 comes out.

And I hear that the DLC called “Arrival” I think…? links 2 and 3 directly because part 3 starts with Shepard being put on trial for something horrible he did… oh, well…

Time to try drawing a slice of life comic. Gotta figure out how Pinky T.A. would run a shopping mall that caters to everyone, but especially Adventurer types. Hmmm…
bravo1102 at 6:04AM, Oct. 25, 2011
(offline)
Lazy, so lazy. Anyhow Oxford health Insurance decided to let my wife come home over the weekend. And there I am doing my two 12 hour shifts. During the Asbury Park Zombie Walk. Hope they broke the record again and maybe next year I'll be awake to wander down and observe and report zombies in my wonderous expendable easily killed off first unattentive security guard uniform.

So answering to the beck and call of my wife all them time as she tries to move around a house not built for wheelchairs or walkers. Several doorways are just too narrow. I had to race across the state yesterday to pick up a shower chair from my sister. While I was racing along interstate 195 the guys delivered her wheelchair and commode. She can't ease down on to a normal toilet and I won't sit on a high chair. So I use the bathroom upstairs.

I still have painful memories of when my grandmother first started using the toilet booster seat and I see them all weekend at work. Often covered with stuff that would turn the healthiest EMT's stomach. Crackers or gum. If you're chewing something you don't smell it as much.

The wife was crying yesterday because she was upset over running me ragged fetching and carrying. Didn't some guy mumble “Sickness and health, better or worse” when I got married? Anyway I know that oxycodone makes one cry at the drop of hat. So Ozone better stay away from it or his eyes will never be dry again with all the hats he owns.

And I tried to call work twice this morning to tell them I am not going on vacation because of my wife's injury only to get disconnected twice. Sure the sec'y has a sexy voice and a sweet disposition but maybe I'm not supposed to cancel my vacation and stay with the wife?
HippieVan at 2:49PM, Oct. 25, 2011
(online)
Romeo just about gave me a heart attack, my goodness. I hadn't seen him in a while so I went looking in his favourite hiding places - behind the big plant, in the linen closet(I guess the towels are comfy) and he was nowhere to be found.
We have a big shelf in our living room which is blocked off for him at either end because there are a whole bunch of electrical cords back there. I eventually looked behind it and saw him lying, not moving, right over the electrical cords. I called him, and he still didn't move. The shelf is too heavy to move much so I had to tear away all the boards and speakers and everything by its side before I could reach him.
Turns out he's absolutely fine. I'm not sure if he was stuck or just enjoying being back there. I thought for sure he had eaten the wires and electrocuted himself.
Lonnehart at 5:50PM, Oct. 25, 2011
(online)
Maybe he was enjoying the cords? I hear they tend to get warm when the devices they're connected to are active. Or maybe lying on them felt VERY COMFORTABLE… kinda like the way I like laying on grass. Makes me wish I had a pet rabbit to go along with my turtle…

One thing about creating a “slice of life” comic… too many stories and I don't know which one to start with. I wish I had a 20 sided die. Or maybe I should just draw them all now and decide during that time which one I should put up first. Or I should just go to sleep and hope that my dreams make the decision for me.

My head hurts now… time to put it in the freezer…
seventy2 at 9:08PM, Oct. 25, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van wrote:
That's terrible, why would he do that?

because he's a no good, very bad, unthinking person.
facara
HippieVan at 10:09PM, Oct. 25, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Maybe he was enjoying the cords? I hear they tend to get warm when the devices they're connected to are active. Or maybe lying on them felt VERY COMFORTABLE… kinda like the way I like laying on grass. Makes me wish I had a pet rabbit to go along with my turtle…
Usually rabbits enjoy cords by eating them…but yes, they could've been warm, I guess. I didn't think of that.
Rabbits are awesome pets, but a lot of work. I guess if you keep them in a cage all the time they'd be less work, but I think bunnies have too much energy to be cooped up all day like that. When Juliet had a cage she used to pick everything up in there and flip it over. And Romeo would just bounce off the walls of the cage - literally. Clang, clang, clang!
skoolmunkee at 5:09AM, Oct. 26, 2011
(offline)
Guys! Niccea still needs a couple of people to do presentation comics for the DD Awards! Last chance to volunteer!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
bravo1102 at 6:37AM, Oct. 26, 2011
(offline)
I already did two, maybe I can make this all Bravo all the time like I did with that Radio Play comic thing! It'll be sure to cut the readership by at least a third.

Insert maniacal laughter here.
gullas at 7:37AM, Oct. 26, 2011
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
I already did two, maybe I can make this all Bravo all the time like I did with that Radio Play comic thing! It'll be sure to cut the readership by at least a third.

I'd say bravo! if that wasn't already your name….
ayesinback at 8:26AM, Oct. 26, 2011
(online)
gullas wrote:

I'd say bravo! if that wasn't already your name….

aw - go ahead and do it.

*I think he likes it*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Oct. 26, 2011 8:31AM
seventy2 at 9:21PM, Oct. 26, 2011
(online)
something is wrong….drunkduck loaded and i was inside the rant thread before facebook even finished loading….
I'm going to get to the bottom of this…
also, i'm growing sideburns. not big monstrous ones, but ones that are allowed within a set system of rules.
facara
Ryuthehedgewolf at 10:27PM, Oct. 26, 2011
(offline)
Baww. I've caught whatever sickness that has been floating around my household and town just now. Good thing I've got off of work until Sunday, otherwise I'd be pretty screwed. Finally managed to score my license too! So that's two things off of my list of things I need to do (being job, and license).
Now I need to find out about becoming a hooke-….wat.
gullas at 4:17AM, Oct. 27, 2011
(offline)
seventy2 wrote:
something is wrong….drunkduck loaded and i was inside the rant thread before facebook even finished loading….
I'm going to get to the bottom of this…
also, i'm growing sideburns. not big monstrous ones, but ones that are allowed within a set system of rules.
well it sure is faster to me and somehow I feel like they've changed the contrast between the yellow colour and the green…
Byth1 at 12:03AM, Oct. 28, 2011
(online)
frankkerr wrote:
2011. Year of the quiet forum.
This place does seem a bit quiet, but I've never been a regular forum goer here.
EDIT: Aaaaand I just quoted a months old post…-_-
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
last edited on Oct. 28, 2011 12:16AM
bravo1102 at 1:11AM, Oct. 28, 2011
(offline)
How did all that stuff pile up around the stage? And why haven't I set upthe properties?

That'll take a full day at least.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon