Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Aurora Borealis at 1:40PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
I tried riding an exercise bike once as a kid but my fear of falling from stuff made it a rather feakishly terrifying experience, never climbed onto another one since then, heh.

Edit: I seem to be falling into the pace of inking two pages a day. Now if I could both ink the two and then pencil two further pages and do it consistently daily, that'd be amazing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Niccea at 1:51PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
Well he called and appologized. Partly because I told him I did my exercising after he was gone.

Best part was, during lunch earlier he had drunk water, and he was regretting it at work. He was still really hungry and already wearing down. I'm kinda proud that he resisted the temptation of a Dr. Pepper in favor of water, but I was trying to tell him that a ham sandwich and water simply didn't have the calories to get him through the day.

But yeah. I do understand his concern. I'm at home during dinner time and have a balanced meal. He is stuck going out to eat cause he works from 1 to 11. It should be ok for now.

But, I'm seriously thinking about having a talk with his mom. There are several times when I wish his dad would keep his mouth shut even if he is trying to motivate his son.

I've lost 5 pounds since October just by moving in with his parents.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Genejoke at 2:25PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Well support in these things is always good. My wife is the anti support, I need to change my diet and lose weight. Whenever i try she not only doesn't support me but tempts me with thew things I shouldn't eat and moans when I try to get everyone eating more healthy food.
My will power only goes so far and she's a bad influence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Product Placement at 2:35PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Best part was, during lunch earlier he had drunk water, and he was regretting it at work. He was still really hungry and already wearing down. I'm kinda proud that he resisted the temptation of a Dr. Pepper in favor of water, but I was trying to tell him that a ham sandwich and water simply didn't have the calories to get him through the day.

But yeah. I do understand his concern. I'm at home during dinner time and have a balanced meal. He is stuck going out to eat cause he works from 1 to 11. It should be ok for now.
Exactly! Eating nothing is just gonna cause his body to shut down. If he's desperate at loosing weight fast, he should find something that's filling yet tasty enough. A bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and couple of hardboiled eggs will give him loads of energy for the day and keep his stomach occupied for a good while. The eggs is a good booster and the oats will slowly release energy over the day. A bag of baby carrots is a tasty snack between meals.

If you guys can make a big enough meals for dinner, then he can take the leftovers with him to work. It's cheaper then going out for lunch and usually healthier (depending on what you had for dinner).

And I'd say no on any kinds of soda. I gave up that crap 2 years ago and haven't regretted it since. Had a glass of soda for Christmas, and that was just because we have a tradition on mixing malt and orange soda for the Christmas dinner, around here.
Hippie Van
Also, congrats on the weight loss!
Oh, thank you but it's not like it's a recent thing. I've been relatively thin for a year now. Plan on staying that way too.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
seventy2 at 2:39PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
@Skullbie: I actually have an exercise bike at home but I go to the gym and use one there because otherwise I just sit at home all day like “oh yeah I'll do that in an hour…”

this is similar to the reason i go to the gym in the mornings, instead of afternoon. because then i sit around all day and say “i'll get around to that” but i never do. if i make it a first thing, then i can't avoid it all day.

I'm going to try a new diet. it's going to be hard for me. it's called the caveman diet. my buddy's been on and off the diet for months, and then from january till now, he actually stayed on it (other times were mere days), and he's lost over 15 pounds. I like the idea of it, because i know i need to be cutting breads anyways (my weakness) and it provides me with all the meat i can handle.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
HippieVan at 2:46PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
AGH. It is so frustrating when this happens. There's a particular word I'm looking for but I can't quite remember it. It's like “condemning” but it ends in an “ly” and it's driving me nuts.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 2:49PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
condemingly?
facara
HippieVan at 2:51PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
seventy2
condemingly?

No! >: (
Product Placement at 2:59PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
seventy2
I'm going to try a new diet. it's going to be hard for me. it's called the caveman diet.
Isn't that an all meat/fruit/vegetable diet, where's you're forbidden to eat grain(cereal/bread), dairy and anything that's processed?

Sure it's not like it's a bad diet, as long as you maintain a balanced diet but I don't like the idea of excluding milk, unless you're lactose intolerant, of course.
Hippie Van
AGH. It is so frustrating when this happens. There's a particular word I'm looking for but I can't quite remember it. It's like “condemning” but it ends in an “ly” and it's driving me nuts.
Belittle? Decry? Disapprove(ingly)? Derogatory? Satirically? Disparagingly? Calumniatory?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
HippieVan at 3:22PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Hippie Van
Belittle? Decry? Disapprove(ingly)? Derogatory? Satirically? Disparagingly? Calumniatory?

INCRIMINATINGLY!

My dad got it, but thank you for trying. : )
seventy2 at 3:33PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Isn't that an all meat/fruit/vegetable diet, where's you're forbidden to eat grain(cereal/bread), dairy and anything that's processed?

Sure it's not like it's a bad diet, as long as you maintain a balanced diet but I don't like the idea of excluding milk, unless you're lactose intolerant, of course.

the milk thing is apparently a debated subject among the group. similar to how some “vegetarians” eat fish.
and breads are a definite no no. my buddy gave us his cook book and it's huge. while a lot of it looks the same just using a different meat to base the meal on. (stuffed halibut, vs stuffed trout)
I'm not starting till march, because i'm going home soon, and well, vacations are a time to gorge yourself anyways. :P
facara
lefarce at 4:25PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Skullbie

So I was thinking of hitting a few thrift stores around here to find Pokemon plushies, of which are insanely overpriced on ebay. I go onto /vp/(maximum cancer pokemon board) and the first fucking topic is a guy rubbing his crooked dick all over a Zorua plushy. T_T

What. the. fuck. Now I don't even want to touch my own plushies because who knows if some pedophile went into wal-mart and rubbed his filthy wiener all over my toys hoping some kid would pick them up.

The guy even had a dildo shaped like a fox penis(for real, picture evidence and everything) and said the plushy ‘mounted him’. Good god i hate furries so much and i'm pretty sure 99.99% of fox dildo sales are from them. >:[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0e1VtuARGI#t=58s

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Skullbie at 4:37PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
lefarce
Skullbie

So I was thinking of hitting a few thrift stores around here to find Pokemon plushies, of which are insanely overpriced on ebay. I go onto /vp/(maximum cancer pokemon board) and the first fucking topic is a guy rubbing his crooked dick all over a Zorua plushy. T_T

What. the. fuck. Now I don't even want to touch my own plushies because who knows if some pedophile went into wal-mart and rubbed his filthy wiener all over my toys hoping some kid would pick them up.

The guy even had a dildo shaped like a fox penis(for real, picture evidence and everything) and said the plushy ‘mounted him’. Good god i hate furries so much and i'm pretty sure 99.99% of fox dildo sales are from them. >:[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0e1VtuARGI#t=58s
There's no way in hell I'm going to click that.

Oh and btw, your wish for an official online tcg came true 0_o Beta launched today;
http://www.pokemontcg.com/
Are u a wizard?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:46PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
ozoneocean
I Am The 1337 Master
So yeah. High school is a fucked up place.
Nono, High School is awesome.

i wish my high school was that awesome.
Right…

Um…

I have no response to you two.

Hippie Van
I Am The 1337 Master
THEN on the topic of the holocaust she said the following (word for word):
Someone Stupid
“I don't get it. I mean like why did they attack the Jews? Why didn't they attack the Americans? I mean like Americans are like greedy and terrible people. We like are greedy and terrible. I mean like attack the Americans, not the Jews. I mean like the Jews are all cute and stuff.”
Best thing to happen all day. Makes me feel good to be a freak so I don't have to deal with people like that as friends.
However I do have to deal with other people as friends who are a little “off”.

That's funny, a girl in my art class said some dumb stuff about the holocaust today too. There are a couple German exchange students in that class. For some reason the topic turned to racism and one of the German guys said something like “I like everyone.” She said “Except the jews, right?” I think it was supposed to be funny but then she kept going, about how could anyone ever do that and they should be so ashamed, and so on. I felt bad for the German guys and very embarassed for her.
That is awfully funny too.
“Call me paranoid but I'm not overjoyed when you ask me if I want to shower, I think you're a Nazi” (Lynch)

ozoneocean
I Am The 1337 Master
Best thing to happen all day. Makes me feel good to be a freak so I don't have to deal with people like that as friends.
Those are words of genius! Please immortalise them in the lyrics of your next song in some form (as long as it sounds funny and not emo).
But I'm already so emo and haven't written a funny one in forever.
LINK TO A SONG THAT GOES ALONG WITH MY QUOTE:
http://www.last.fm/music/Say+Anything/_/People+Like+You+Are+Why+People+Like+Me+Exist
Goes ‘cause they’re more of an emo style band too…and incorporate the outcast stuff with humor.
…inspiration Ozone. You give me inspiration.

“I am the outcast among the outcasts
I am the freak among the meek
And I am the man behind the child, so sadly does he weep”
…meh. Needs work.

Ozoneocean (again)
Went to bed after 5 am, got up after 8 am… Need more sleep. -_-
Me too!
'Cept mine was because I'm addicted to using my Zune.
||
||
\_/
I saved up money in the “Buy Joey a Zune Foundation Because he Accidentally Threw His Old One Away” and bought a 16 GB one. In Walmart there was the 32 GB for 198 instead of 199.99 (the 16 GB) but they were all out. Somehow it makes sense that the 32 GB should be less.

But in other news because I like to type sometimes, I'm downloading all the QC's so I can listen to them.
Just so you know Oz and Skool, your voices are just amazing. I like the accents and tone. And…that's not weird ‘cause my voice just sucks. I sound like I’m half gay (no joke-I get confused for the kid who does the announcements that actually is gay that I also know).
But yes. I like it. Specially how informal it is. And since I hadn't been able to listen to it because of my broken speakers, you know I'll be listening to it for days now.

I'm a creeper.

…That is all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
lefarce at 4:54PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
It's a safe link.

Also thanks a lot for this, I wouldn't have found this thing otherwise. Have you signed up for it yet?

EDIT: Oh, damnit. Its just a flash game against twelve computer opponents. I was hoping for a more player-vs-player thing, but this is cool too.

Skullbie at 5:02PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
lefarce
It's a safe link.

Also thanks a lot for this, I wouldn't have found this thing otherwise. Have you signed up for it yet?

EDIT: Oh, damnit. Its just a flash game against twelve computer opponents. I was hoping for a more player-vs-player thing, but this is cool too.
It's going to turn into playerVs player but right now is a dumbed down version to catch interest. i think it comes out sometime in april and you basically buy real card packs and then can enter a code to transfer them online. Not much info since it just came out today.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
lefarce at 5:15PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
lefarce
It's a safe link.

It's going to turn into playerVs player but right now is a dumbed down version to catch interest. i think it comes out sometime in april and you basically buy real card packs and then can enter a code to transfer them online. Not much info since it just came out today.

There was some card game that I saw about a year ago that did the exact same thing. Every card had a code, which would allow you to construct an online deck for pvp play. Problem was the game looked incredibly unfun, and if I remember right it went under fairly quickly.

Where did you read that it's becoming pvp though?

KomradeDave at 6:26PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
On weight loss:
If you don't get the calories you need to run your body, you will be weak and misshapen, even if you're dropping pounds. Product Placement is right about the easy weight gain later on, but even while on the starvation diet you can send your body into panic mode. Without enough calories your body starts storing what little it gets as fat which it can then burn to keep the body alive in the harsh environment it's perceiving. Because this energy is being stored to keep you alive, not keep you moving, you become sluggish and even a little slow-witted as your body struggles to conserve the energy.
I'm not saying there's an excuse for lashing out and calling your boo a fatty, but consider the emotional turmoil this guys must be going through for a comment like that to have sent him over the edge in the first place. Combine that with bad eating habits and not enough fuel, you're looking at a cranky bear.

dashdashdashdashdashdash

On diets:
I love milk and bread and cheese, so the caveman diet always looked a bit iffy to me. I would be interested to know how that works out for you though, Seventy2.

My current diet plan was crafted using a USDA spreadsheet and it's worked really well. I used a calculator online to figure out how many calories I needed per day to maintain my current weight, then I subtracted 500. I plugged that into the USDA system and used a food scale to measure my foods out. It was about 2-3 pounds per week that I was losing, but I felt completely satisfied foodwise and it was easy to turn it into habit.

dishdashIwastakingabath

On debbie downers:
Actually been feeling a bit of a downer lately as well. A buddy of mine from MOS school got killed in the Afghan a little over a week ago. He was hit by an IED. He is the first Marine in our job field to have died in combat since Vietnam. That very day I had jokingly said that more people in our field needed to die or go to prison for me to be promoted. Most of the guys I pal around with at my current duty station knew him well also, so it's been an emotional week in the whole platoon.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
seventy2 at 7:10PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
KomradeDave
dashdashdashdashdashdash

On diets:
I love milk and bread and cheese, so the caveman diet always looked a bit iffy to me. I would be interested to know how that works out for you though, Seventy2.

dishdashIwastakingabath
Oh i'll keep everyone updated. I can't help but talk.

Cheese, milk and bread are my most favorite foods in the worlds. When i was younger, and i heard about “stuffed crust pizza” i about wet myself. milk goes in every meal as well. if i can't cook it in the food, i drink it. so this will be hard for me. but I do a lot of running, and i've pretty much maintained the same body composition over the last year or so. No change, other than minor half pound variances daily. my buddy was the same. so i'm hoping for similar results.

KomradeDave
On debbie downers:
Actually been feeling a bit of a downer lately as well. A buddy of mine from MOS school got killed in the Afghan a little over a week ago. He was hit by an IED. He is the first Marine in our job field to have died in combat since Vietnam. That very day I had jokingly said that more people in our field needed to die or go to prison for me to be promoted. Most of the guys I pal around with at my current duty station knew him well also, so it's been an emotional week in the whole platoon.

aye. it's always a sad day. and it's strange and comforting to see when that happens, how many people know this person. the military makes it a very small world.
———

Also, long hair= bad ass. i need to grow out my hair.
facara
HippieVan at 7:44PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
seventy2
the milk thing is apparently a debated subject among the group. similar to how some “vegetarians” eat fish.

Not to get grumpy, but that's not true. No vegetarians eat fish. A vegetarian is someone who eats no animals whatsoever - meat, fish, fowl, whatever. Dairy and eggs are both optional - that, or animal by-products like gelatin, would be a better comparison.
Someone who eats fish but no other animals is under a different category of semi-vegetarian, and even have their own title: pescetarian.

So if anyone ever tells you they're vegetarian but they eat fish, you tell them to shove off.

Sorry about your friend, komradedave. : (
lefarce at 7:55PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Fish meat is practically a vegetable, and should only be caught for sport. Real men don't eat it, and real men aren't vegetarians. That's just stupid.

HippieVan at 8:17PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
lefarce
Fish meat is practically a vegetable, and should only be caught for sport. Real men don't eat it, and real men aren't vegetarians. That's just stupid.

What, are you high?

Apparently the Old Spice guy is a vegan.
Edit: Also Paul McCartney, of course.
Ozoneocean at 8:22PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
@leet- I'll listen to that when I get home. Not a big emo fan though.
lefarce
Bravo is going to come in here and sing the Lumberjack song if you keep that up! O_O
Hippie Van
Farce is not serious.
Best take on a vegan ever is the bass playing evil boyfriend in Scott Pilgrim Vs the world. That was the best part of the film.

————–
Speaking of dairy- the milk I just poured in my coffee had the look and consistency of fresh sperm T_T
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
HippieVan at 8:26PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Farce is not serious.
Best take on a vegan ever is the bass playing evil boyfriend in Scott Pilgrim Vs the world. That was the best part of the film.

I know. I just read that the other day and I thought it was interesting. And then I felt bad for not including Paul McCartney if I was talking about real men who are vegetarian.

*Vegan police high five*
lefarce at 8:32PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
What, are you high?

Edit: Also Paul McCartney, of course.

Paul McCartney is a dirty hippie. “she was just 17, if you know what I mean”

Yes, we do know, Paul. and that's a crime.

Someone
And then I felt bad for not including Paul McCartney if I was talking about real men who are vegetarian.

Ozoneocean at 8:41PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
I like the song “Norwegian Wood”.

At first I thought it was just about a very innocent thing between a guy and a gal where he sleeps over and nothing happens…
But the subtext seems to be that she's a cock-tease and the next day when he's by himself at her house, he burns it down.
“Norwegian wood” burns well and it's also a good euphemism for the condition the gal leaves him in.

Funny little juvenile misogynistic tone there, but what a beautiful song!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Katch at 10:41PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
………>: /

*steals Ozones furry hat* (youknowtheone) HAH~!!
go get your own cake XD

eughhh, this comic page is taking me too long ; 3 ; no one told me inking was gonna be hard with my shoulder like this…buuuuuuu
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Warpedwenger at 12:06AM, Feb. 16, 2011
(offline)
It's clear to me I have some sort of personality disorder I took a test to try and figure out the problem and I scored high on like all of them:
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: High
…Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: Very High
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High
Wow I guess I'm screwed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Aurora Borealis at 1:28AM, Feb. 16, 2011
(online)
It's not exactly a diet, more like food rationing due to being broke, heh, but so far I'm going on 1-2 meals a day and I'm slowly loosing weight. First meal is generally a late breakfast and then I eat a heavier dinner to keep the stomach busy throughout the looong hours until bedtime. Other than that it's just tea and water.

Results? I'm loosing something around 1cm a week. Very slow progress but constant progress and I already feel lighter and livelier. Works with my metabolism :)

Now off to do some inking and lettering!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Genejoke at 1:42AM, Feb. 16, 2011
(online)
Someone
Paul McCartney is a dirty hippie. “she was just 17, if you know what I mean”

Yes, we do know, Paul. and that's a crime.

Wha? 17 is legal over here. Not for porn but for personal relations sure.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon