Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
lefarce at 7:19PM, Feb. 13, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
Yay i had a fun night. Got third place in the tournament and would have gotten second if it weren't for a single bad play…FAILURE

Is this Magic or Pokemon? Sorry if I missed a post where you explained it.

Either way it really makes me wish there were a way to create online decks based on cards you own and play. I think there is some program that does that for the Pokemon card game, but it lacks graphics and whatnot, and that blows.

The amount of time I would waste playing cards online is indescribable.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ozoneocean at 8:28PM, Feb. 13, 2011
(online)
The people in the office left my comp on over the entire weekend.
That's not good. It has critical data on it… I feel a lot safer if it's shut down properly and left off.
Plus, I don't like wasting power. >_<

TIME FOR MORNING COFFEEEEEEEE!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Skullbie at 8:49PM, Feb. 13, 2011
(online)
lefarce
Skullbie
Yay i had a fun night. Got third place in the tournament and would have gotten second if it weren't for a single bad play…FAILURE

Is this Magic or Pokemon? Sorry if I missed a post where you explained it.

Either way it really makes me wish there were a way to create online decks based on cards you own and play. I think there is some program that does that for the Pokemon card game, but it lacks graphics and whatnot, and that blows.

The amount of time I would waste playing cards online is indescribable.
It's MTG, which has a very large following here. I've been pressing for a pokeleague but not enough people show interest. Maybe when the Black and white sets come out in march, i volunteered to be the judge too.

Are you talking about Redshark? I think that has images but I'm not sure. Any decent site that does virtual play is eventually shut down by nintendo… Redshark gets around it by being an application you install at least.

—–
I want a new hat. Maybe i'll try on one of those knit beanie like hats, i forget what they're called but hipsters wear them. Knitsters
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
lefarce at 9:36PM, Feb. 13, 2011
(online)
I think it's the one you mentioned, but I don't remember exactly. I know I had to download the thing and just didn't care for the interface. What they should do though is make it so every card has a unique code, allowing you to build an online deck. Although trading might mess that up. Wishful thinking.

Congrats by the way, hopefully you'll take first next time.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Aurora Borealis at 5:07AM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
I think I need to start thinking of replacing my tablet. Or at least locating a new pen for it. First, it has suffered its first major scratch. And second, the pen tip is rubbed down to half of its lenght (and at a specific angle) so depending on how I rotate it it'll either give me a very thick line easily or a very thin one with max pressure applied. And it's annoying!

Sadly, Volitos used their own pens so I can't replace the tip itself as I'd have to get an entire pen. And it'd actually be easier to find a used Volito2 and buy the entire thing. Either that or switch to a Bamboo, but there appear to be so many models I'm confused as to what exactly I should buy.

Unfortunately, I'm broke so it's all a moot point anyway.

- - -
Yesterday: one page inked, two new pencilled.
Today: one page inked so far.
So 14 out of 52 drawn and 4 of that inked.

Going to ink one or two more in the evening.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
TyphoidMarty at 9:09AM, Feb. 14, 2011
(offline)
I got Pici an Intuos 3 - less fancy than the 4 (still need a mouse for navigation rather than being able to use it like a giant touchpad) but it does have excellent sensitivity. I know she would recommend it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
seventy2 at 10:11AM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
i can't give advice on tablets, the only one we've ever had was a bamboo one. i didn't like it, due to having to watch the computer screen while drawing. i don't like not being able to see the lines i draw, as i draw them. so it's sitting around the house somewhere.

I've managed to acheive 1 task on my “change myself list” (not a new years resolution, it's something i've been doing for a while)

I no longer correct people when i know they're wrong. I get the urge to. I just sit back, and let the conversation flow. it's hard, but it's something i didn't like, because it made it hard to make real friends.

next up, stop being so mean. I come from a rough and tumble sarcastic group, that if you can't prove you're the best, then you're the worst (regardless of how you really fall) and i can't seem to separate from the office and home life.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Salsa at 11:40AM, Feb. 14, 2011
(offline)
It takes getting used to, but once you get over the initial hump it's an amazing tool. I have a intous 3 and I really like it. I'v had it for around four years and I've never had any problems with it, besides the drivers needing to be reinstalled, but that's more windows than the tablet.

As for the bamboo, the way I understand it is that the touch is a big touch pad, the pen is like a normal tablet and the pen and touch are both.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
A Reaver at 1:30PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
Valentines day was really good this year. We went out and I had a double whopper for breakfast. We went to the cinema but it was packed so we went to the arcade to kill time until the line got shorter. I won a mickey mouse thing which I just gave to my brother since the only reason I went for it was to get the money attached. Still I got it on the first turn so it was a rousing success. Eventually when we got in we decided we would go to see just go with it. Unlike Adam Sandlers recent movies this was pretty good.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:16PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(offline)
Today started off like shit and then got better.

Cake tends to do that.

Today a stupid girl in my honors class went on a tangent about how abortion is bad and had no clue as to what the fuck she was saying.
THEN on the topic of the holocaust she said the following (word for word):

Someone Stupid
“I don't get it. I mean like why did they attack the Jews? Why didn't they attack the Americans? I mean like Americans are like greedy and terrible people. We like are greedy and terrible. I mean like attack the Americans, not the Jews. I mean like the Jews are all cute and stuff.”
Best thing to happen all day. Makes me feel good to be a freak so I don't have to deal with people like that as friends.
However I do have to deal with other people as friends who are a little “off”.

But I have two more stories of comedy, since it looks like I'm never ever going to update my comic at the rate I work at.

So my friend (she's a girl-Ooh! Ah!-but not like that) goes into the guidance office asking what she should do if she doesn't make it into college. The teacher replies “Do you have a boyfriend?” She tells her no and is about to ask her what it has to do with anything when the teacher says “That shirt looks nice on you. It goes well with your figure.” And then my friend just left.

Weird teachers.

THIRD STORY (this is an older one):

So my friend (dude-Ooh! Ah!-are you kidding me? I'm not gay…as far as I know…) jailbreaks his I-pod. He downloads a theme for it called “Star Wars The Force Unleashed” and applies it to his phone. The screen changes to a Star Wars theme for a couple minutes and THEN it turns into NOT STAR WARS. If you can't guess what happened then you don't have a dirty mind.

So yeah. High school is a fucked up place.

But I'm out of my depression right now so that's a good thing.

Yeah…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
seventy2 at 6:25PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
PEOPLE OF DRUNK DUCK. hear me! i have a good cause for all of you to donate your money to.

I promise you, if you give me your money, i will make all of my dreams come true.
facara
A Reaver at 6:55PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
If only it where also a submarine.

Shiny new comic.
Ozoneocean at 7:05PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
@Seventy- I dunno man… you get to have a really dinky looking car and aeroplane with headlights… Is that really the best of both worlds?

This is my fave weird looking aeroplane: The http://www.google.com.au/images?q=EA7%20Opticahl=en_GB">

I Am The 1337 Master
Best thing to happen all day. Makes me feel good to be a freak so I don't have to deal with people like that as friends.
Those are words of genius! Please immortalise them in the lyrics of your next song in some form (as long as it sounds funny and not emo).
—————-

Went to bed after 5 am, got up after 8 am… Need more sleep. -_-
HippieVan at 7:48PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
THEN on the topic of the holocaust she said the following (word for word):
Someone Stupid
“I don't get it. I mean like why did they attack the Jews? Why didn't they attack the Americans? I mean like Americans are like greedy and terrible people. We like are greedy and terrible. I mean like attack the Americans, not the Jews. I mean like the Jews are all cute and stuff.”
However I do have to deal with other people as friends who are a little “off”.

That's funny, a girl in my art class said some dumb stuff about the holocaust today too. There are a couple German exchange students in that class. For some reason the topic turned to racism and one of the German guys said something like “I like everyone.” She said “Except the jews, right?” I think it was supposed to be funny but then she kept going, about how could anyone ever do that and they should be so ashamed, and so on. I felt bad for the German guys and very embarassed for her.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 11:16PM, Feb. 14, 2011
(online)

So I was thinking of hitting a few thrift stores around here to find Pokemon plushies, of which are insanely overpriced on ebay. I go onto /vp/(maximum cancer pokemon board) and the first fucking topic is a guy rubbing his crooked dick all over a Zorua plushy. T_T

What. the. fuck. Now I don't even want to touch my own plushies because who knows if some pedophile went into wal-mart and rubbed his filthy wiener all over my toys hoping some kid would pick them up.

The guy even had a dildo shaped like a fox penis(for real, picture evidence and everything) and said the plushy ‘mounted him’. Good god i hate furries so much and i'm pretty sure 99.99% of fox dildo sales are from them. >:[

Day was nice beyond that. Happy valentines day!
BffSatan at 12:51AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
Nono, High School is awesome.
What? No, FUCK! I completely forgot to do acid in high school and now it's too late!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
A Reaver at 1:05AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
Rant about disgusting furries

Day was nice beyond that. Happy valentines day!

JESUS WUT!!?
I'd expect that from /b/ not /vp/. Then again it is 4chan.

Shiny new comic.
seventy2 at 2:44AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
@Seventy- I dunno man… you get to have a really dinky looking car and aeroplane with headlights… Is that really the best of both worlds?

This is my fave weird looking aeroplane: The Edgley Optica …flying eyeball.

But that's not a car as well.
ozone
I Am The 1337 Master
So yeah. High school is a fucked up place.
Nono, High School is awesome.

i wish my high school was that awesome.
facara
Genejoke at 3:41AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
@Skullbies rant

WTF

That's just wrong.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:45AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Salsa
It takes getting used to, but once you get over the initial hump it's an amazing tool. I have a intous 3 and I really like it. I'v had it for around four years and I've never had any problems with it, besides the drivers needing to be reinstalled, but that's more windows than the tablet.

As for the bamboo, the way I understand it is that the touch is a big touch pad, the pen is like a normal tablet and the pen and touch are both.

That actually makes sense! Thanks :)

I have my volito2 since the end of 2005 (I think they dropped in price then cause Wacom was getting rid of the stock or something since they phased them out pretty quickly afterwards) and right now I do all my inking and coloring on it so I have to start thinking about a new tablet BEFORE this one breaks. Any disaster happening to it means no more comics for a bit!

Speaking of comics…

Two pages inked yesterday, hoping to get three done today (one down, two to go).

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Salsa at 8:29AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
Glad I could help. Honestly I wouldn't mind having a Cintiq, but those a just a little too pricey for me at the moment. (read, I could have enough money to get the student edition of the master collection CS5 and STILL not have enough money)
RAGE!
seventy2 at 10:05AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
the following is a debbie downer. so i will post it in small so no one else will get sad unless they intentionally read it.

one of my friends came out and said he needs some help about suicide. Ever since my dad killed himself (almost 8 years ago) i've found it to be the most selfish thing a person can do. and i take that stance very aggressively. I'm glad he finally admitted it. That's a harder way to deal with your problems, but it's better than leaving your friends alone.
facara
Salsa at 10:12AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
the following is a debbie downer. so i will post it in small so no one else will get sad unless they intentionally read it.

one of my friends came out and said he needs some help about suicide. Ever since my dad killed himself (almost 8 years ago) i've found it to be the most selfish thing a person can do. and i take that stance very aggressively. I'm glad he finally admitted it. That's a harder way to deal with your problems, but it's better than leaving your friends alone.

PREACH IT BROTHER!

I whole heartedly agree with you on that for very similarly reasons.
RAGE!
Niccea at 11:26AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
I'm not in a spectacular mood right now. My future father-in-law decided to tell my fiance that he is fat. Now, neither my fiance nor myself are particularly skinny and we could always drop a few pounds, but we are nowhere near as large as the rest of our families. His parents are morbidly obese and my dad and his brothers weigh around 300 lbs each. So it is really a pot calling a kettle black.

The thing that is bothering me is that his morbidly obese dad calling him fat really affected him. For the past two days he has been stressing like an anorexic teenager. And going crazy with exercising and only drinking water.

And now he is starting to bug me too. Telling me to exercise more and what not. Now, I'm not a big exerciser, but I have been steadily loosing weight just from having a bit more self control when it comes to food.

Though I see room for improvement, I'm really confident in my looks and body shape, and don't see the big deal of stressing over it. My wedding dress is already quite a bit looser since I bought it in October and at the rate that I'm loosing weight, it well be comfortable by May.

The main fight that we had was over how I am happy with how I look and I don't want to waste more time than I need stressing about it. I already am a full time Master's student in her last semester planning a wedding. I don't need any more. He took this as me being apathetic. He called me fat several times and left for work totally ignoring me.

Is it so wrong for me to have good self esteem and be content with my body?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
HippieVan at 11:59AM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
I was supposed to go to a pep rally at school today. Instead I just went home early, worked on my history paper for a while, and then ate ice cream cake in the shower.
A very successful afternoon, I think.

Niccea, that situation sounds pretty nuts. Hopefully it's just a little freak-out on the part of your fiance and he'll calm down soon. It sounds to me like you're doing a pretty good job of juggling stuff right now.
Ozoneocean at 12:38PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Yes- you're a woman. That isn't natural. The cosmetic industry, women's magazines, daytime TV, and the dieting industry would collapse overnight is this sort of thing started to spread! o_O

Hippie Van
It sounds to me like you're doing a pretty good job of juggling stuff right now.

In the context of a woman being proud of her body, that line has humorous associations :kitty:

@Niccea- the trouble there is a simple case of projecting one's own problems onto someone else so as to feel better about oneself. The problem with that is it can be contagious: Your chubby father-in-law to be did it to his son, who in turn did it to you. Thank goodness you're immune! ^_^
Ironscarf at 12:48PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(offline)
Niccea
He called me fat several times and left for work totally ignoring me.

This is your fiance you're talking about?

The guy who's expecting to marry you?

:O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 1:13PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
ate ice cream cake in the shower.
Didn't the shower melt the cake?

As for the fight with your fiance, Niccea. I would blame the nerves on that, cause in all honesty nobody has any right calling someone, who's in the process of loosing weight, fat. Before long I expect him to realize what he did and come apologizing.

Also, let him know that when he isn't eating anything, his body goes on starvation mode, which will make him more tired, and burn less energy per day. Also, the body will start preferring to burn muscle over fat. That means that when he finally gets sick of his Nazi diet, and resumes normal eating habits, he's going to gain weight faster then ever, since it takes time for your body to resume normal performance rate.

The best way to loose weight is to eat normally(yet healthy) and exercise. That way he'll build muscle and increase his metabolic rate.

P.S. This little tidbit came from someone who lost over 60lbs in a single year and an additional 30 during the following year. I'm still loosing weight, albeit much slower, since I'm close to my prime weight.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Skullbie at 1:24PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Why even ask this? Of course it's wrong. >:[ Have heavily photoshoped glamour mags taught you nothing?

But Ozone is right, he is pretty much projecting onto you. But on the flipside there's nothing wrong with encouraging him by joining his exercising.

Speaking of which i've rode my exercise bike like…5 times since christmas >_>

HippieVan at 1:27PM, Feb. 15, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Hippie Van
ate ice cream cake in the shower.
Didn't the shower melt the cake?

No. I am an expert at eating in the shower. : )

Also, congrats on the weight loss!

@Skullbie: I actually have an exercise bike at home but I go to the gym and use one there because otherwise I just sit at home all day like “oh yeah I'll do that in an hour…”

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon