Comic Talk and General Discussion *

when/how do you look at Drunk Duck?
lothar at 4:59AM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
I'm currently sitting on the toilet drinking. I was wondering how y'all brows the site? …..
I usually check it out on my phone while I commute to work. Sometimes on PC but kinda rarely unless I'm too drunk to draw.
I like to check out the newly updated comics and then keep hitting refresh to see what pops up in quale's random.
bravo1102 at 7:19AM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
Usually any time I'm checking the phone for whatever reason. I actually have the link set up to an old DD awards comic credits page to avoid the front page. I really hate looking at the top ten and Quails random. I find both rather depressing.
J_Scarbrough at 8:45AM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
What a hilarious OP; reminds me of a time when you couldn't browse the internet on cell phones, and how I used to think there needed to be a way you could take the internet into the bathroom with you, so you wouldn't have to miss anything when you stepped away from the computer (I mean, you could take a laptop in there with you, but it was always a hassle - and if you had a USB or ethranet connection, and no wifi, well forget it).

But either way, PC. I may be a so-called “Millennial” (and I hate being lumped in with that generation), but I grew up during a time when cell phones still weren't quite common yet, and even so, I rarely use my phone for anything other than a phone: if I want to take pictures, that's why I have a camera; if I want to shoot video, that's why I have a Handycam; if I want to use the internet, that's why I have a computer; if I want to watch a movie, that's why I have a TV; and if I want to talk to somebody, that's why I have a phone!

But, I digress. I'll check DD periodically throughout the day, and that's mainly because since there's no notification system to alert us of when comics we've favorited have been updated, I have to look manually to see if that's been the case.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
bravo1102 at 12:15PM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:.

But either way, PC. I may be a so-called “Millennial” (and I hate being lumped in with that generation), but I grew up during a time when cell phones still weren't quite common yet, and even so, I rarely use my phone for anything other than a phone: if I want to take pictures, that's why I have a camera; if I want to shoot video, that's why I have a Handycam; if I want to use the internet, that's why I have a computer; if I want to watch a movie, that's why I have a TV; and if I want to talk to somebody, that's why I have a phone!
You know I'm nearly twenty years older than you right? I'm a “boomer” and wanted to stick to a flip phone because I hated touch screens.

I check in periodically through the day because my comic updates twice a week, I follow comics that update daily and I never know if someone ever notices my archives. Besides I get bored at work so look at the phone. No wifi at work so I can't use my laptop but I have this tiny data plan.
J_Scarbrough at 1:14PM, April 14, 2023
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
You know I'm nearly twenty years older than you right? I'm a “boomer” and wanted to stick to a flip phone because I hated touch screens.
Same - not because I hate touch screens, but I found flip phones easier to manage and use, and truthfully, there was something satisfying about hanging up on someone who pissed you off by clapping the phone together to disconnect your call - kind of like how some enjoyed being able to slam the receiver down.

Speaking of which, while I do miss the appearance and aesthetics of those old push-button phones (those were actually still common in schools and businesses through the 2000s), what I don't miss about them is that infernal bell ringing.

Joseph Scarbrough
dpat57 at 4:21AM, April 15, 2023
(offline)
My phone's not tiny but I don't like reading comics on it, too much scrolling around involved, and trying to press tiny buttons gets annoying. I read on my big PC screen instead, I enjoy the experience more. I check out this site and the other site too, throughout the day, to keep up with comics I follow and to check out new comics with good-looking avatars. I read books on my phone.
Genejoke at 4:53AM, April 15, 2023
(online)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
Same - not because I hate touch screens, but I found flip phones easier to manage and use, and truthfully, there was something satisfying about hanging up on someone who pissed you off by clapping the phone together to disconnect your call - kind of like how some enjoyed being able to slam the receiver down.

Speaking of which, while I do miss the appearance and aesthetics of those old push-button phones (those were actually still common in schools and businesses through the 2000s), what I don't miss about them is that infernal bell ringing.

I miss rotary dialling, it had a touch of class kids these day will never have. We also had honest politicians and everything was cheaper and better… the downside was we had to carve our comics into stone tablets.

I don't really use my phone for comics, same reasons as others, I read it on the big screen cos my eyes are failing, no longer do I have 20/20 vision I may even need some of them eye glasses eventually.

Seriously though, yeah I view it on my desktop when taking a break from making comics or games etc.
kawaiidaigakusei at 5:31AM, April 15, 2023
(online)
I try to be completely respectable when reading forum ideas (most of the time) that when I do drag my device into the bathroom it is mainly for listening to music while getting ready. I use it to check my junk-email folder on the occasion that I need to check my device. I actually just acquired a whole stack of volumes of the original Rumiko Takahashi Ranma 1/2 manga series so I am not tempted to read Drunk Duck comics while on the can, indisposed.

While reading the forums, I try to be casually-formally dressed. Again, I respect the ideas posted here. I read it on multiple devices: PC, iPad, mobile phone, Kindle (back when I used a Kindle), it is most inconvenient on a Chromebook because of the scrolling and touch pad (but I have read comics on there as well).

(When?) All hours of the day and night. We are a global community, therefore, there is always a new comic posting on the front page or someone posting on the forums from their corner of the world. The lights never go off here, so it is relatively my type of pace.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
lothar at 6:02AM, April 15, 2023
(offline)
I'm on the subway now.
Genejoke at 6:38AM, April 15, 2023
(online)
get a meatall marinara.
J_Scarbrough at 8:21AM, April 16, 2023
(offline)
Rotary dial was already obsolete by the time I was born, and other things such as cassette tapes and manual typewriters were also being phased out and replaced with CDs, and electric typewriters/word processors during my childhood . . . who even remembers word processors? Basically clunky desktop computers that you couldn't do anything with except type green words on a black screen.

Then again, I'm very much surprised that a 15-year-old Gen Z girl like Luan Loud even owns a typewriter, let alone knows how to use it.

Joseph Scarbrough
plymayer at 10:28PM, April 21, 2023
(online)
Mostly, on one of my laptops, either at home or work. Sometimes on a my cell phone if I am out and about and bored. Occasionally, in bed or on the couch or elsewhere on a tablet.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 2:21AM, Oct. 12, 2023
(offline)
Almost always on my laptop (I got no desktop). On the phone sometimes when I'm on the bus or I'm off to my parents house and didn't bring my laptop.
ArrenMcStealsalot at 11:59AM, Oct. 20, 2023
(offline)
I'm browsing it on my PC. It's how I do most of my internet things, mostly because I also use it to work/draw and I often checking some website when I want to take a break. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to be always glued to screen. Sometimes I like to go out for few hours and leave all devices at home.

Also because I draw a lot, I don't really have time to check other people's comics often. There are only few I read here. I was drawing a comic as a commission for one person recently and after I finished work for the day, I wanted to do things which didn't include comics in any way.
lothar at 9:07AM, Oct. 21, 2023
(offline)
Lol, I'm checking this while on the toilet again .. and drunk
Tantz_Aerine at 8:49AM, Oct. 22, 2023
(online)
J_Scarbrough

since there's no notification system to alert us of when comics we've favorited have been updated

You can sort your favorites by last update and see what's new! Unless that's what you mean by going about it manually. :)
PaulEberhardt at 2:38AM, Oct. 23, 2023
(offline)
I either use my laptop on my desk at home or sometimes my tablet. Unfortunately, WiFi isn't powerful enough to get a connection on the john. In fact, the old walls at my place are great at keeping out every signal, including mobile data as well, so it's mostly the laptop.

On the upside, the NSA has probably no data about my digestion - for whatever that may be worth. 😅
last edited on Oct. 23, 2023 1:30PM
memo333 at 10:58AM, Oct. 26, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
I'm currently sitting on the toilet drinking. I was wondering how y'all brows the site? …..
I usually check it out on my phone while I commute to work. Sometimes on PC but kinda rarely unless I'm too drunk to draw.
I like to check out the newly updated comics and then keep hitting refresh to see what pops up in quale's random.

I think this sites needs a rework….or just something new.

the forums are almost dead, I enter once in a while and I see no new stuff/content, then I leave.

they need to add new stuff to make people enter here regularly

My creative brain just told me something…
make a place in this site to VOTE for artists…or fan art..art…a part in the manga….this can be just for fun or something…..

this site is all about manga and art right? then…do something cool related to that.

All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
last edited on Oct. 26, 2023 10:59AM
kawaiidaigakusei at 3:48PM, Oct. 26, 2023
(online)
Right now, on the floor in my room, sitting on top of pile of yoga mats and blankets, after coming home from a long day and a long couple of weeks at work.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon