Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
kiandranishan at 8:32AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
Nadya - Great page D0m, as always. Cool looking bit of magic going on there and I agree, that last panel looks great…Charna doesn't look completely sane XD

Kenyagi updates with bumps in the night.

And Of Snakes and Apples has fan art.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Doctor Shadow at 10:12AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Kenyagi has some nice character interaction that really shines over the last few pages.

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with a truth revealed to Jacob, it's something he kind of knew but didn't want to accept.

Once again, Reva is on form with her detailed and energetic backgrounds.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
ttyler at 10:50AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Very nice artwork, which matches the time and environment perfectly, mixed with awesome chracterization, great pacing, top notch writing, is what you get when you read Chronicles of Wyrden. Doctor Shadow has a classic in the making.

………….

Engine chapter 3 starts with a cover page by Paul Gulacy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
albone at 11:03AM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Paul Gulacy is champion style! The colors are good and the action is solid.

Rival Angels updates today with Krystin and then Sun taking charge of the match!
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Steely Gaze at 11:15AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
Okay, okay, I'm going to drop my act and be honest here: I like Rival Angels but egad these last couple pages have been so delightfully over-the-top with their cheese quota that I absolutely love them! Nothing like a comic about female wrestlers who actually wrestle, eh?

A Roll of the Dice updates today with a dramatic lead-in, followed by a slight drop back to reality.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:38AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
Roll of the Dice has an awesome style, that I have not yet seen anywhere else, great work!
————–
Ryu's Krew finally updates. But it's different this time. So please give comments if you feel the need to ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
TheMidge28 at 1:50PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
Ryu's Krew just started…one page is up. not sure what direction its going or what the story will entail but I think it has potential. I understand the use of the arrows to help the reader, but you may not want to rely on that device in future pages but work more from the left to right traditional reading device.
Need to check back when you have more pages to see how it develops. Keep it up! :)

updated today. not everything is as it appeared on the last page as we see what is up little ms preggers. A little nod to Evil Dead if you will. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
kyupol at 2:53PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
@bloodhound - that reminds me of a Tagalog horror film I seen before.

MAG-ISA has a lovey dovey scene today.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Katch at 9:58PM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
lol, i like the guy's expression in that second panel~ very cute blush~

OMG…E20K updated today…scary~
i used tones XD urk, but it's ok~ chibi humor goodness~
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
usedbooks at 12:25AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
@Katch
Chibis are always fun (you know, when used sparingly ^_^ ). Yeah, damn those elves! – And other skinny, flawless humanoids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a colored page up at Used Books today. Starting a somewhat unusual chapter. After Seiko left, Kaida is contemplating life without a roommate – while she searches for any clue to her lost memories.

There's also a little story about a green glass lamp (like the one on the page) in my author comments. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
PyThomas at 3:40AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
Great job on the layout and the coloring… looks cool.

Today on Times Like This: Yes, it's THAT Jenny. And THAT Jenny too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
dueeast at 5:43AM, April 8, 2008
(offline)
@ Times Like This - Cute! I like! Gosh, but I hated that song in the 80s! Pat Benatar was cool, though.

Speaking of going back to days past, Off Hours concludes the Retrovisioned 1970s editions with a special nod to um, Charlie's Angels? Yup! Script and pencils/inks by me (Allen of Due East) and disco colors by blntmaker of Better Luck Next Time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
crifmer at 7:42AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
Brilliant. I love the style choice. Awesome page. Off Hours is a really fun look at creators just having fun with their characters. A great read.

—————————

Posted finally updates today with my apologies. It's got tension!!! OOOOooooOoOoOo!!! And Midgy returns with a glimpse of the leader of the baddies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
kingofsnake at 8:57AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
The post-its is an interesting panel format. Nice tension building.

—-

Children at Play returns with…. murder?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
trevoramueller at 8:58AM, April 8, 2008
(offline)
Posted is very unique, if for no other reason than the fact that it's done on posted notes! This is something that I have not seen any other comics (web or otherwise) do before. Very innovative.

###

@$$hole: This page saw a cameo appearance from Seiko from Used Books, and Monday's page had Susie telling off an employee of the bookstore.

Temple: The Cardinal reveals knowledge of the swordsman's wife, and the swordsman is not too pleased about it.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
amanda at 9:05AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
GAH! Ninja'd twice! TWICE!

Children at Play was very cool - I like the coloring style - interested enough to check out the backlog, too. Hurray for new comics to read!

@$$hole is always nice - particularly when boobs are being discussed. Hurray for the Seiko cameo! Trevor's trying out some delicious shading over at Temple - looks appropriately sinister ^.^

Posted is always fun - even better because I get to badger Crifmer all day long while he's at work. Mwahahaha. Midgy's design gets better and better each time he appears! Clean work.
———–
Salt the Holly updated today - it features a jealous Brio and Lia's plan for the week.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
ttyler at 9:39AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
Salt the Holly is well written. To me, the dialogue is very natural and flowing. I know how the dude feels!! I want one of them shirts too!! :-)

…………….

Engine's final chapter begins. Mr. 8 is contemplating his place in the cosmos!! It's a kodak moment!!

crazyninny at 7:16PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
… O_O … … …

I feel like I have gone back into a time… Were soda shops lined the streets… And saying strange things like ‘They Bee’s Knee's!' just by looking at Engine… O_O … … …

AND IT MAKES ME FEEL HAPPY!!!

Kick ass inking, by the way. -_^
____

:: Updates today with a hint of what is going to be happening later down the road.
Becky gets pissed at grabers, and a Doctor dosen't want to get fired.
And also, the artist practices cross hatching.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=388155
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Aussie_kid at 7:38PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=388155

This page gives me the feeling that some one is going to be uses crutches for a reason other than their design. Also, the dramatic lines give of a real sense of conflict. Nice ink and tone work.

Warriors of the Night

In the latest page, chapter eight has ended and only two demons stand to fight the evil Drake. However, they seem strangely confident after their friends have been swept aside so easily
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
simonitro at 11:33PM, April 8, 2008
(offline)
On Warriors of the Night, I surely do love this comic. Well done, Aussie Kid. On this page, the chapter ends with an enticing cliff hanger and I love that bright moon in the backgroud. That's a nice way to make a bright effects.

—————————————————-

On Billy Learns To Rock, Tanya doesn't look as dumb as she seems and she knows what to do in this kind of situations. The last panel is a big perspective which took heck of a time to complete.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
kiandranishan at 11:40PM, April 8, 2008
(offline)
Warriors of the Night - nice page…that big guy looks scary O.O I'll have to go back and check out the whole comic…when it's not the middle of the night.

Ack! ninja'd

Billy Learns to Rock - nice page….your artwork has defiantly gotten better! awesome job on the last panel ^^

Beyond the Pale updates…the tattooed girl tries to help Din and Tokala continues to trash talk. Then a commotion at the door!

Also Of Snakes and Apples updates with a page from the original version.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
ttyler at 1:26AM, April 9, 2008
(online)
Something is going on in “Beyond the Pale”. It ends in another “whats going to happen now” last panel. I usually love to do panels like that, but when I am reading someone elses, it makes me want tosomehow figure out a way to blackmail said creator into giving me advanced look at upcoming pages, so I can see whats gonna happen. I guess thats the best thing I can say about this very nicely executed comic………so good, It'll make you blackmail someone!! lol

Of Snakes and Apples is a favorite of mine. It is delicatley Sexy, and yet, is fresh and gorgeous to look at. kiandranishan is a very talented artist, writer, creator whom is going places. I reccommend this comic.

……………………………………………………………………….

Engine has updated again. Mr. 8 is hard at work, busting an astroid storm. The Drul think that he is their ace in the hole, all powerful, gun for hire, who is dedicated to them , to the last man. Do they have need to worry?? I don't know man!! Just hit the link and find out….sheeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhh
Aurora Borealis at 1:29AM, April 9, 2008
(online)
Dammit, not again, haha.

Beyond the Pale: The big ears give me a Poison Elves vibe a little bit. Good art as usual.

Of Snakes and Apples: I compared this one to the new reworked page and the new one looks better of course. Interesting to take a look into an earlier version of the story. :)

Engine: Yet another page of one of the most professionally drawn comics on DrunkDuck that I have seen so far. :)
– - - – - - –

Din Krakatau updates with its 17th page, offering a tiny glimpse into the mystery of who is responsible for this whole mess… but only a tiny one. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
trevoramueller at 10:42AM, April 9, 2008
(offline)
I love the coloring job in Din Krakatau - really adds a texture to the page, and creates an amazing mood for the content! Simply brilliant!

###

Temple: The Carinal's plan is revealed, and the killing has started with the death of a major character! Check it out!

@$$hole!: 100th update on Drunk Duck! This page has Susie discovering the wonders / horrors of coffee consumption - and guest appearances from , Energize, Lack of Ethics, Little Terrors, and The Temple of a Thousand Tears!
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Ziffy88 at 10:53AM, April 9, 2008
(offline)
@$$hole coffee sucks!
Temple really nice grayscale but also the red stands out really nice to the rest

A-list updated!

http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/

On the ground facing three angry men…
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
SarahN at 1:38PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
@Ziffy: Great looking page! Though have you considered making your words balloons as antialias? That would get rid of that pixelated “crispy” look.

Vampire Phantasm X updated! It includes blood-induced euphoria. =P
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kyupol at 4:58PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
@Vampire Phantasm X - Omg… this is so anti police. (lol jk) Reminds me of Ice-T's copkiller song.

MAG-ISA has more tips on how to approach a girl.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
ttyler at 6:53PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
Mag-isa seems pretty good. The dialogue is real , and takes me back to those awkward days of High school, when asking a girl something was nail biting!! I would like to see a better lettering font, to give the dialogue more emotion. Comicraft's wild and crazy is the best in my opinion. Other than that, nice!

………………………..

Engine updated again today, cause, I'm bored!!! What can I say??? These soylent Green crackers make me sweepy!!!
Gavin at 7:37PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
Engine looks very well drawn! Very epic looking. I'll be going back and catching up on this, when I get the chance.

HUMAN CITY IS BACK! I updated today with page 8 and will have pages 9 and 10 up on Thursday and Friday. I got sidetracked on another project and have finally gotten to finish this chapter.

Go check it out if you're an old reader, or a new reader (there's not much to catch up on.. maybe 30 or so pages). Thanks!

-Gavin.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
ttyler at 10:10PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
I really like this. Human City shows all kinds of promise. Reminds me of the comics I made in school, when I was fresh and on fire for the world of comics. Check this series out!

………………………

will somebody stop the madness!! Engine updated again. when will it all end? when will my mad march to comic death finally be?? who will take care of my pillow suckin" cat?? These answers may never be answered, but the fate of Ryudo, Master and that teddy bear thing will, if you click the banner below!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon