Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
Aussie_kid at 5:24AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Lot of text and a bit of drama in the latest page of Shades. Like the art and poses, they work well. Also, the idea of a Celtic queen's spirit inhabiting a body intrigues me.

Warriors of the Night has just updated with its new schedule. The humans are attempting to leave the castle, but the vampires are not likely to make things easy for them
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
spacehamster at 5:46AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Warroris of the Night employs a nice variety of different angles on this page… lots of webcomics tend to fall into the poor habit of using the same mid-shots over and over but not this one. Neat.

Today's Bulletproof page concludes the debriefing after the encounter with Nyx and the tentacle monster, and we learn that our… heroes… turned their tails and ran.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
ttyler at 6:40AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
The wounded Heroes of BULLETPROOF, limp home, not destroyed, but with a good beatin“………I dig this book alot. It is very well written. Better than anything Marvel is doing right now. Superhero books and stories are tough cookies to crack, since there is 50 or so years of them. It is difficult to do fresh and new within the genre, but Bulletproof is one of the few acceptions. NICE!!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Engine updates today. As David Bowie sang…….”CH, CH,…CH,…CHANGES!!! Something wierd is going on with Ryudo.
I also have re-toned the beginning of Engine, and will continue to do so, until all the pages are re-worked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Steely Gaze at 7:11AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Engine updates with yet another amazingly old-school comicbook page. Beautiful black-and-white art, amazing action, I really just can't say enough about the style here. It's one of the best of the old-style comics I've ever laid eyes upon in the world of the web.

A Roll of the Dice updates today with a minor page showing Jared having trouble coming to grips with his weapons.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
usedbooks at 9:07AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
@Steely Gaze

What a lovely LARPy page! I chuckled a bit. Silly guy doesn't comprehend the true power which he wields. Everyone knows there is no greater magic than the items he has been provided…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Used Books, we have the second “shower scene” in my story, and frustrated contemplations of one's place in the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
crifmer at 11:55AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Hubba hubba eye candy. Not my kind of eye candy, but I'm sure the ladies appreciate it.

———————-

Posted gets back on the ball with a mega-update!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
trevoramueller at 1:37PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
I have no idea what happens in the latest update of Posted, but it's freakin' hilarious. Ninjas chasing around a cat, who hides in a ladies bathroom - you totally have to check this out!

###

Another 12 year old appears, and Susie finally screws the pooch!

Shiri attacks the Cardinal!
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
kyupol at 1:56PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
@asshole - thats hilarious. I know what that means and what part of society you are trying to mock. lol

@TTT - that looks like the chidori of Sasuke. :)

===

MAG-ISA updates today. This is where the heart breaking begins.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
D0m at 4:02PM, April 14, 2008
(online)

MAG-ISA is a tear-jerker today. Seriously, it strikes at your heart if you've ever been dumped or rejected. I feel bad for the poor guy. (But the page is well done and looks good. :) )

In Nadya today, Charna regains her youth and continues to make me wonder why the comic isn't called by her name. Also, Fyline woke up!

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
TheMidge28 at 5:15PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Nadya update today is a solid one, I must say. Charna's transformation as she uses the essence to get younger is rendered very well. The scene seems even more creepy as the setting appears out in a sunny day on a grassy meadow. Great bizarre scene, D0m.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
rufus_edge at 6:16PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Today's page is one of the best yet. The angles are very dramatic and the lines in the background break up the panels beautifully. The final panel is creepy and leaves the reader wanting to learn more about the arrival. The fonts and balloons are great but there should be slightly greater line spacing (in my opinion). And as always, the art and style is brilliant.

Comicdeoxyribonucleicacid has updated with the second part of a two-page story starring Cuba Gooding Jr. You should check it out! http://www.drunkduck.com/comicdeoxyribonucleicacid/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
parkbenchbook at 7:08PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Comicdeoxyribonucleicacid updated and will make you laugh out loud. Everything else
I try to write gives away the bit and I refuse to spoil it. The art is fun and the humor is original.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The Surrealist just updated and gives you a chance to see strange goings on in a park in Cobblestone City.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Surrealist

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
PyThomas at 9:17PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Looks pretty cool to me… the story is moving along smoothly.

Today on Times Like This (if it's before midnight, go to TimesLikeThis.com): Fire on the mountain, run boy run… the devil's in the house of the rising sun…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
DMH at 10:44PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Times Like This features a cute pun in the title and shows us sometimes places are better when they're quiet and not filled to the brim.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Age_of_Ends/

Today, Age of Ends changes scene to the little village of Hillside. Little kids play in the streets while two boys fight each other with wooden swords
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
amanda at 7:03AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
I like the run-down buildings in Age - the facial expressions are great, too!
—-
Salt the Holly updated today with lots of pretty dresses and a request for audience participation. Whee!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
simonitro at 7:56AM, April 15, 2008
(offline)
On Salt The Holly, I like this page because of so many dress designs which made reminded me of the times when I was playing The Sims… I think the red one rules… because I love the color red. lol

———————————-

On Billy Learns To Rock, Tanya is still in distress but she was able to hide from the baddies so she could message for help. Who's she gonna message for her salvation?

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
alschroeder at 8:22AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
In BILLY LEARNS TO ROCK, not only does it have good use of color, but it's set in a woman's bathroom. Which is a good thing—right?

One of my comics, The CROSSOVERLORD, at http://www.drunkduck.com/crossoverlord debuts today—which is going to have a variety of separate webcomic heroes team up to battle a common foe, done in a variety of artistic styles. —Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
ttyler at 10:02AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
Like the anticipation you feel , when you see a great start to a film or television show you have discovered, so it is with The CROSSOVERLORD. Great writing, and cool art. I will be around to find out where this goes from here.

…………………………..

Engine updates today. Ryudo has got some power now. Where did he get it? who knows….but that robot he just punched through the sky is gonna need a better warranty for sure!!
alschroeder at 11:44AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
ENGINE has awesome art, and an intriguing blend of genres (sf and fantasy) and incredible action scenes.

And thanks for the kind words about CROSSOVERLORD at http://www.drunkduck.com/crossoverlord[/url. –Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 12:39PM, April 15, 2008
(offline)
Crossoverlord- Wow! Amazing overall presentation. Love the text, and the bubbles, Artwork is quite clean and wow. I'll keep checkin back ;)

Ryu's Krew however, has it's third page uploaded today! Definitely not on schedule, but still, this page took forever! :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
crazyninny at 1:55PM, April 15, 2008
(online)
Ryus Krew

Dude, that rythmes. XD
All hail the randomly placed bikes from NoWhereLand! For with out you 2, who knows how they would of gotten out! All hail the bikes and speed lines!!!

_____

:: Updates today like it always does on tuesdays with more… Um… … … … … Dramatics? YES!! DRAMATICS!!!
AAAANNNDDD, I take a shot at drawing the number 21!!! SSSAAAWWWEEETTTT!!!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=391445
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
JustNoPoint at 4:59PM, April 15, 2008
(online)
::

Can I call it ever improving art story? Everytime I check that comic your art has improved a lot from the last time.

Now I have to know what the angry lady knows!!!

————–
The Devon Legacy did that crazy update thing again! This time with 2 new characters that were obviously inspired by Mulder and Scully of X-Files fame.

It's always exciting to bring in new main characters! You can also see me attempting to refine my new coloring technique. Enjoy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
ttyler at 3:37AM, April 16, 2008
(online)
The Devon Legacy ends in a clever cliffhanger like panel. What does he see on the computer screen? I don't know, because the artist/creator chose to hide it from me this time around. I like the energy of Justno point's art. Lots of movement, and some nice coloring. The story has me coming back for me. Check it out!!

…………………………………………………………………..

Engine updates. can you say, Collateral Damage??
Tantz_Aerine at 4:42AM, April 16, 2008
(online)
For Engine: Breathtaking black and whites in this, and a great, massive feel of the sheer power and energy used by the characters in it. Well done!!

———

Wolf rises from the dead with a new update, and Mike is getting ushered out of the deadly place he had been on. JNP did the colours and inks, I did the pencils and script :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
albone at 8:06AM, April 16, 2008
(online)
Wolf drops us into a very dramatic scene where the act of moving someone might kill them! Cool art and collaboration are always fun! Plus this is the first update in a month, so check it out.

Rival Angels updates today and finds Sabrina halting Brooke's rampage with a well-timed kick to face.

You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Ziffy88 at 9:18AM, April 16, 2008
(offline)
Rival Angels awesome fight and ouch!

A-List updates
A plan and tired
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
trevoramueller at 9:20AM, April 16, 2008
(offline)
I really like how lonely the latest A-List page feels. I just feel very tired and weary from reading it, and the character's body language shows how much he's been through. Great stuff!

###

Temple: The final words of Marielle….

@$$hole!: Trevor and Susie are hiding out in a goth store.

I'm off to NYC Comic Con for the weekend, so even though there won't be an announcement, Friday's page will go live on time! :D

If you're heading to the con yourself, stop by the Digital Pimp booth in Artist's Alley and say hi!
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
PIT_FACE at 5:02PM, April 16, 2008
(online)
gotta kick out Asshole! haha! the chick from the grudge gets chased by mall security cuase she felt up a sleazy chick!hahahahaha!came out great!

and Temple of a tohusand tears has some great blood splatter,like how it was draining into the pentagram on the floor, last few panels are bad ass too.

http://www.drunkduck.com/PUTRID_MEAT/?p=391781]PUTRID MEAT updated for the first time in a few weeks, Bones and the kids's fight to stay alive against the rabid maniacs escalates.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PyThomas at 8:51PM, April 16, 2008
(online)
Radical, man. Artwork's at once gross and enthralling.

Today on Times Like This (go to TimesLikeThis.com if you still see a mechanical bull): You know the rules, and so do I…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
ttyler at 9:34PM, April 16, 2008
(online)
In todays new Times like this, we get a tribute to the Travolta film, Urban Cowboy. This is where Travolta's woman rides the Mechanical Bull. Sissy looked GOOD ridin' that bull! This comic is continuously good, and the artist/writer is definately a film buff with a sense of humor…..Like me!!

…………………………………………………………………..It's Thursday and time for an ENGINE update. Ryudo checks out his handi-work and wonders the ETERNAL question…………Am I going to have to clean up this mess??

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon